Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= HeroSmash is Hiring!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= HeroSmash is Hiring!!!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2013 17:12:09   
  Randor the Red

HeroSmash Needs Your Help
Looking for a Few Good Artists AND a Writer!
From this moment forward, AE will try to find talent in the community before posting job postings elsewhere when possible. The positions we are looking for are:

• 2 volunteer artists
• 1 volunteer writer

These positions require no coding skill but you SHOULD have knowledge of the HeroSmash art style (or storyline, for writing applicants).

Want to Create Art for HeroSmash? Read On!
Artist applicants must have a legitimate copy of Adobe Flash (CS5, CS5.5, or CS6, must be able to save down to CS5).

You MUST be at least 18 year old. If you are under 18, if you don't include your age, or if you start with "I'm not 18 yet, but..." the application will not be considered.

Please include in your email:
1. Your real name, age, and country of residence.
2. HS Game account name and linked email address.
3. Master Account name and linked email address.
4. Forum account name and linked email address if one is entered. (not required to have one)
5. Languages you speak/read.
6. Resume (or C.V.) *please note we'd like the CV in English. If we can't read it then we can't hire you. If you do not know what a resume is or do not have one, then you are not who we are looking for.
7. Samples of your work. Choose 3 of the following to send in FLA format: NPC, weapons, monster, or other gear in a futuristic/modern style, or backgrounds and a link to your online design portfolio, if you have one.
Want to Write Quests for HeroSmash? Read On!
Writer applicants DO NOT NEED to have a legitimate copy of Adobe Flash (CS5, CS5.5, or CS6, must be able to save down to CS5).

You MUST be at least 18 year old. If you are under 18, if you don't include your age, or if you start with "I'm not 18 yet, but..." the application will not be considered.

Please include in your email:
1. Your real name, age, and country of residence.
2. HS Game account name and linked email address.
3. Master Account name and linked email address.
4. Forum account name and linked email address if one is entered. (not required to have one)
5. Languages you speak/read.
6. Resume (or C.V.) *please note we'd like the CV in English. If we can't read it then we can't hire you. If you do not know what a resume is or do not have one, then you are not who we are looking for.
7. Samples of your work. Submit the following: a 6 quest storyline (3 Good, 3 Evil), a 100 word (max) blurb about the next big Hero or Villain.
Please send your COMPLETE application to HSDevHunt@battleon.com

If the application is not complete, it will be deleted. And please - one application per person. We will read all the applications. If you are chosen to go through a further interview, we will contact you.

Unfortunately, since we will get thousands of applications, we can only reply to those who have what we might need. Otherwise you will not hear from us. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your resume and portfolio, it probably means that you have not been selected.

Good luck, Smashers! We can't wait to see what you've got.

< Message edited by Randor the Red -- 4/15/2013 17:46:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/15/2013 18:50:43   
plebster

OMD more devs = more content!!

Too bad I'm not 18 :(
AQW  Post #: 2
4/15/2013 18:51:40   
Antithesis

I turned 18 last month.

I'M IN.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/15/2013 19:04:48   
Twighlight Sky

Ooh, I hope they get a good writer!

I would love to see more story!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/15/2013 20:32:51   
Crystal Lion

Is there a due date for this?
Post #: 5
4/15/2013 20:51:39   
Antithesis

"Submit the following: a 6 quest storyline (3 Good, 3 Evil)"

Would someone be so kind as to elaborate in this?
Quest drops/requirements? Currently existing mobs/npcs/ect? What exactly do you mean?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/15/2013 21:30:09   
  Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Submitted for Writer! I've always wanted to work with AE directly :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/15/2013 22:16:16   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I'll have to think this one through. I am interested in writing for AE but not sure if I could manage it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/16/2013 7:55:02   
  Randor the Red

@Antithesis Make up a hero/villain and tasks to be given to a player (ex. Please find me some 3 apples, 2 pears...) but at same time making it apart of the story/quest. We want see that you understand the HeroSmash world and same time see new creative ideas.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/16/2013 10:01:19   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Hey, it`s great to hear you guys are looking for new people to add to your dev team. That means you have big plans for the future of HeroSmash! \0/

I`ve submitted for the position of writer. I enjoy coming up with quest ideas and items for HeroSmash. IMO, the story in any game is very important and should be a main focus point of a game development team.

Normally I come up with lengthier quest chains (8 to +10 quests per side), so I had to come up with something smaller, specific for this venture. Hope you guys like it. Would be cool to
see my quest chains in Herosmash someday.

@ND Mallet

Come on Moose Man, I`ve read some of your AE fanfics and twitter works. The`re good! Do eeet! :-)

< Message edited by Balu -- 4/16/2013 12:59:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/16/2013 14:46:15   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I might as well try. Lots of people are egging me on anyways.

@randor Would it be fine if one of the quest givers for the quests is the villain/hero in the blurb? Like say Chuck and Hyuck are giving quests for Good and Evil and then I write the blurb about Chuck being the next big Hero of HS?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/16/2013 17:30:28   
plebster

Dammit I'm like the only player here who can't submit something cus of my age. I feel left out. Anyway, good luck to everyone and may the best writer win (win the job, that is. Well actually most people say 'get' the job, not 'win' the job :/ whatevs.)

P.S. They also need some artists XD
at least we have the future stories sorted :P

Btw is cindy still part of the team?
AQW  Post #: 12
4/16/2013 17:39:00   
Twighlight Sky

quote:

I'm like the only player here who can't submit something cus of my age

Same here, otherwise I'd apply for writer. For now I guess I'll keep practicing writing stories.

If another chance comes in a couple of years, though, I'll be leaping at it.

Great to see HeroSmash expanding at last!

~Twi~

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/16/2013 17:56:40   
plebster

Yay hi twi (I'm vestige).
AQW  Post #: 14
4/17/2013 5:25:20   
Tally

A lot of you seem interested in the writer position, but who else applied for artist?

< Message edited by Tally -- 4/17/2013 5:38:04 >
DF MQ  Post #: 15
4/17/2013 15:11:22   
Wonderp Bread

Good luck everybody! :D Can't wait to see what you guys can come up with! I looke forward to working with whomever we choose! :D
AQW  Post #: 16
4/17/2013 16:48:09   
Antithesis

Just sent in my application!
Wish me luck, ladies and gentlemen
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/18/2013 7:14:58   
TheAn6r3

good luck, do well
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/18/2013 12:04:45   
plebster

i just told everknight to enter and hopefully he will. He'd also make an excellent mod!
AQW  Post #: 19
4/19/2013 7:03:49   
Grimnus
Banned

I should definitely get in if the deadline is somewhere past the 18th of May. Should get some stories written before I apply.
AQW  Post #: 20
4/19/2013 12:46:00   
  Randor the Red

If your turning 18 in a month time I see no reason you not apply, but if accepted you need wait until your 18 to start.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/19/2013 14:25:22   
hellblade124

my Resume and the fact im on disability is hoding me back from applying for a story writing job, i would LOVE to work for AE

P.A.I.N.S.= positive attitude in negative situations
im really glad that your my friend and this is a friendship that will never ever end (if you get this reference than 10 points to wwe fans)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
4/19/2013 14:44:37   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Good luck to every other applicant who feels they are crazy enough to join AE. I promise you I didn't pull any punches on writing my stories
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
4/19/2013 18:43:45   
UnderSoul

Another time I wish age was determined by IQ rather than years alive... oh well.

Good luck to all who are eligible! And my condolences/congratulations to those who get accepted.

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 4/19/2013 18:45:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/19/2013 21:26:47   
Average

Glad to hear Herosmash's team is getting some new members. Good luck to everyone that applies.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= HeroSmash is Hiring!!!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition