Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/27/2013 17:30:00   
Antithesis

Usually by then I've already dealt a great deal of damage, and I can assure you that I win significantly more matches than I lose :P Although, what you say is true for most players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
5/29/2013 5:08:48   
99th Dracopyre

Can someone teach me how to use the Storm Knight's Energize card?
What's the best time to use it? Should I keep it in my hand when I draw it later in the fight? (e.g. when my energy charge per turn is already 5)

Thanks!

~Draco
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
5/29/2013 9:04:17   
Megadragonknight

@Drago
I am not sure how to explain this but you can used it when your energy is very low once you used a number of good energy cards especially double storm and also high damage card and then you used Energize and discard one card you don't want to use to gain 10 extra energy back. I hope I explain clear enough for you.
Post #: 53
5/29/2013 9:33:20   
necro rouge

I can't be bothered to make a flowchart of energize use, but if you answer yes to all of the following questions, you should use it.

- Do you have energize?
- Do you have anything to discard?
- Will it cost you the game if you do not use the discarded card?
- Will you be able to use energize without overcharging?
- Do you want more energy?

Bonus question!
is the card you will discard a pierce?
(If bonus question is "yes" use energize anyway regardless of earlier questionnaire results)
AQW  Post #: 54
5/29/2013 10:01:23   
99th Dracopyre

Alright, thanks! I'll try to learn more about Energize and its better nature, rather than a dead draw. Lol.

~Draco
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
6/6/2013 0:48:02   
Silver Sky Magician

Can anyone suggest a strategy for the Witchblade boss? Bonus points if it's with Pyre Witch. My previous strategies involved charging up to 19 and letting rip, and when that didn't work, I tried discarding cards while charging (which resulted in less energy, though)

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 6/6/2013 0:55:13 >
Post #: 56
6/6/2013 7:21:54   
necro rouge

@silver sky
Witchblade boss has a purely offensive deck, right?
So i'd suggest getting a character that can sustain her damage or outdamage her. Shadow, light and ice comes to mind. Fire and energy are probably the worst elements for beating her. However, if you are dead set on using witch, you must remembr to always use shields, they are more cost efficient than her damage and will in the long run benefit you. And you should not fight bosses at a low lv.

< Message edited by necro rouge -- 6/6/2013 7:22:46 >
AQW  Post #: 57
6/6/2013 8:04:43   
Raiii

@Silver - Necro is perfectly right about the last statement:

quote:

And you should not fight bosses at a low lvl.

Being as the only difference between levels is the HP meter (for now at least), and that Witchblade Boss is a very Offense-based character, try to prolong the battle since you're using Pyre Witch. Pyre Witch (Master) is a great offensive character too and could, if done properly, out-offend Witchblade Boss. It's just that its skills are slightly more power-hungry which makes you want to only battle Witchblade once you're at a higher level (probably 9+ is enough). Hope that explains why the quote hold true

~Puncture

< Message edited by Raiii -- 6/6/2013 8:05:00 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 58
6/6/2013 8:13:12   
Silver Sky Magician

@Raii and necro

Thanks for the tips! Beat her with a level 4 Void Incarnate though :P

Is Void Incarnate or Flesh Void better? After looking through their skills, I'm actually of the opinion that the former is more useful.
Post #: 59
6/6/2013 8:19:40   
Raiii

Flesh Void is better by a mile <__<

It has better cards than its former evolution (Void Incarnate). VI only has attack cards while Flesh Void actually has DoT (Damage On Time) cards such as Poison and Mark of Death. It also doesnt have Empower and Pierce (which aren't really helpful) and makes up room for Void Reflection.

Flesh Void, btw, is also the first character that actually made me want to lvl it up to the max (and ever since I did that, I got bored, my bad)

So yeah, that's just my 2 cents (though I believe a lot of people here on the forums will back me up here on this topic) :) Also, he's a free evo, meaning you dont have to pay SGs to get him once you reach lvl 10 VI
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
6/6/2013 8:21:39   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Thanks! I asked because my strategy with Void Incarnate so far involved spamming Sacrifice and using Empower to kill the opponent quickly, and Flesh Void has far less Sacrifices and no Empowers. I suppose Flesh Void would be better for winning tough boss fights though.
Post #: 61
6/6/2013 9:28:48   
necro rouge

@silver
VI is better than flesh void at the lower lvs (1-7), but will fall of extremely hard later and be useless once you get past lv 10 or so when the rushing strategy no longer works.
AQW  Post #: 62
10/5/2013 15:45:32   
legion of souls

That ice queen really bugs me... I use my maiden. Any suggestions on how to defeat this icy menace?
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
10/5/2013 16:16:20   
clintonian

@legion spam poisons and defense with a good shadow char like Lich or vampirelord or flesh void alot to choose from
Post #: 64
10/6/2013 16:14:57   
legion of souls

Hello all I was wondering if anyone could teach me how use use my maiden properly.
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
10/6/2013 19:12:15   
Mirai Hoshino

@legion

Which maiden? Sword Maiden? Ogre Maiden? Maiden Aegea? What level?
AQW  Post #: 66
10/6/2013 21:39:35   
Beck

@legion of souls
Maiden Aegea is a Light character, and is therefore fairly straightforward. She's got decent attack and defense, and can heal. Her cards aren't very cost-heavy, so you can charge to either 4 or 5 charges at the start.
I'd try to throw up that Counter Attack as fast as possible, so whenever you can't use all the cards in your hand, discard them so that next turn you can draw 5 fresh cards and have a higher change of getting that Neutralize.
AQW  Post #: 67
10/8/2013 22:09:01   
Resk

Stratagem of Resk

1) Maximize Numbers:
Charge to 5 per turn, as gives the most mana output for the total of match, else you'd be -2 on mana compared to opponent per standard attack turn.

2) Minimize Numbers:
Only use cards that have a better ratio that 1:1, unless you will kill them this (or kill them literal next-without-redraw) turn, or using the non-effective cards won't take you under 10 mana

3) Minimize Chance:
Decks used should have a higher ratio of good cards to bad (by which i mean efficient to less efficient) or a small enough deck size that the ratio is less of an issue

4) Minimize Chance More:
When using CC, add only cards that you are willing to draw over others in deck, (IE: in Light Legendary, any CC you add, lowers the odds of drawing the Greater Heals, so don't go overboard if the deck doesn't need them) or emphasize cards that are already multiples to ensure draw (IE: if a 15 card deck has 3 shatters, that's 1/5th of the deck, if you add 5 more, then 2/5th are now shatter, doubling your chance of drawing them)

And that's pretty much how i play all my characters, and choose which ones to use / with what CC :3

-Resk
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
10/9/2013 15:05:30   
legion of souls

In all honesty, My strategy is to equip black dragon, WIN GAMES.

No but seriously, i like to charge all my characters to about 14 or 19 energy if needed, unless its energy ( That energive is OP).
AQW Epic  Post #: 69
10/9/2013 15:10:24   
Skurge
The Dealer

legion of awesomeness: I figure you're liking your Black Dragon, eh? xD

Are you using any CC? If so, equip it with shields. Black Dragon lacks in those.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
10/9/2013 22:03:22   
Megadragonknight

@legion
I can see you love BD very much. I do as well and he is my first character to obtain many first. First character to level to 20, first character to be legendary rank, first character to be a promo character and first character to be my dragon! :D Anyway, like what Skurge said you should use shield CC to overcome BD's main weakness and also use some Life Drain to heal some BD's HP back for survival in battle. You can also equip at least 1 DoT CC to increase more damage.
Post #: 71
11/1/2013 14:51:18   
EliteWarlockz

Can someone tell me the best strategy for mana guardian.
please help.
Post #: 72
11/1/2013 14:55:10   
Pennocki_

use energize until you have enough to get chain lightning then wait until you have enough for meteorite and BOOM!
3K DAMAGE
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
11/1/2013 14:56:17   
EliteWarlockz

Okay thanks I'll try it in my next match.
Post #: 74
11/1/2013 17:53:55   
The Jop

Always keep one attack in your deck and an energize, so you can charge, because it's difficult to get both in the same turn. Also, you can only charge to 14 because you'll be using energy cards some of the time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition