Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/1/2013 21:49:32   
Jacke21777

Speaking of which, wasn't Axel's mana second place in the tourney without CC? Oh and I think that charging to 19 is okay with it, the meteorite and the whirls drain the energy sufficiently.
Post #: 76
11/1/2013 21:51:22   
The Finnish Phoenix

Nah, Axel has every CC card in the game so I'm pretty sure he was using them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
11/1/2013 21:59:06   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Actually I didn't use any CC for my Guardian, the strategy The Jop suggested is basically how I play when I use him
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
11/1/2013 22:02:21   
The Finnish Phoenix

Ah, well I'll be then.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
11/1/2013 23:36:02   
Dragon Elite X

Eh.... really? I only trust the Volt Engineer without CC but even he could use some storms at minimal and maybe a shield.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
11/2/2013 0:00:01   
The Jop

Every card you add to Mana Guardian makes it more difficult to charge lightning energy though, and he's not meant to be a pure fire character. And with Volt Engineer, adding things like storm and shields would make supercharged less effective because you're likely to have less attack cards drawn with it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
11/2/2013 0:27:10   
Megadragonknight

Some characters don't really require CC especially the new characters who were released alongside when CC series pack were introduced since they got the new elemental cards. Still, adding at least 1-2 cards won't affect the draw of the cards too much.
Post #: 82
11/2/2013 10:08:20   
The Finnish Phoenix

I find Mana Guardian's Lightning cards rather self-defeating in that it takes time to set up the Electric Arcs, and by the time you can pull them off they'll only be able to run part of their full DoT by the end of the game. Chain Lightning I found to just be unwieldy most of the time, you'd have to use 2 Energizes which involves giving up 4 cards total over usually three hands, and if you drew it early it would further stymie your resources. That's why I generally prefer just straight up Fire characters but that's just my opinion. I love dual-elemental characters for the most part, but Mana Guardian I find hard to take much advantage of compared to just an Evil Jim with CC's.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/4/2013 18:15:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 83
11/2/2013 10:28:49   
Megadragonknight

Using Mana Guardian require the luck of the draw and players' skills in using it wisely.
Post #: 84
11/2/2013 10:35:53   
Dragon Elite X

I agree, my CCed Mana Guardian was roasting people in the tournament. The only person to straight up demolish it was kakarot. That's only because he had plenty of afflictions. He cast 4 on me at one point.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
11/2/2013 10:37:13   
Megadragonknight

Which is why Mana Guardian is one of the most fun character I ever use. :)
Post #: 86
11/2/2013 11:57:21   
Jacke21777

Care to share your mana CC, now that the tourney is over? Going on Jop's point on lightning charges, I'm interested in your solution.
Post #: 87
11/4/2013 10:52:50   
Dragon Elite X

Two shields and two fire whirls. The shields allow you to survive meteorites from other fire opponents with little or no damage. The firewhirls provide a high damage affliction.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
11/4/2013 12:04:29   
The Jop

Keep in mind that that basically makes energize, electric arc, and chain lightning clutter because you will barely ever draw well enough to energize and then attack with energy cards. If you're not going to use the energy cards, you're better off just playing as a regular fire character.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
11/4/2013 23:21:25   
Cyberbeast10

So I've been wanting to make some quality CC for some time and until Combo Bonuses start working (to make those 101 Attack Cards useful), I've been wanting to get some input on putting a Corruption into Poison Drake to compliment its heavy DoT playstyle. Sound good?
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
11/5/2013 0:11:55   
Megadragonknight

@Cyber
If you think it sound good, then go ahead with the CC with you equip. ;)
Post #: 91
11/5/2013 13:36:30   
Gorillo Titan

IF you go up against a ice character using a P drake with corruption it won't end well
Post #: 92
11/5/2013 17:06:47   
The Finnish Phoenix

I've gone up against Ice characters using Poison Drake with Corruption and it ended perfectly fabulously.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 93
11/5/2013 21:55:42   
Megadragonknight

It depend on how the players used PD with corruption carefully. It also need to depend on the luck of the draw to win against Ice characters.
Post #: 94
11/22/2013 18:00:46   
NDB

Anyone think that there should be combo bonuses for everything, not just regular attack cards? Because it really seems to be messing up the system a little bit. DoT decks just aren't the same before nor is tanking. Attack cards that aren't easily used in combos, and other non-combo attacks (Fireball, Meteorite, Shadow Fireball, Water Rapid, Ice and Snow Orb, all the Special Combo cards-Death Flow, Power Flow, Retribution) have just fallen way behind for what they are. They should all eventually receive some kind of effect or something when used in a certain way to make the game more interesting and not just have the plain old attack cards making a joke out of the other cards. For example, when two or more of the same kind of DoTs are stacked on top of each other or when multiple shields are used at once, they can be considered combos too. It really is the same idea-if yo use cards at once, then yo get a bonus.
Epic  Post #: 95
11/22/2013 18:07:45   
The Jop

@NDB
The problem with combo cards is that they can be drawn practically every turn whereas it's much more difficult to get 5 attack cards in one draw. You're not meant to be doing it every few turns, especially since they can apply DoTs and stuns.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
11/22/2013 19:05:25   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

Does anyone have any tips and strategies for a level 20 FC (Founder Champion?) Any feedback is much appreciated.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 97
11/22/2013 19:25:46   
Dragon Elite X

Don't get hit! Lmao I run it with two extra holy strikes and a penance.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
11/22/2013 19:33:43   
Beck

@SGsPyzcho
I'd try adding 1 Empower and 1 Penance. the Champ's cards get a bit expensive in longer matches and it's nice to have card-ditching cards around :)
AQW  Post #: 99
11/22/2013 19:41:58   
Lunar Crush

hmmm my favorite cc for volt engineer is a couple of 200s, cause supercharged is really good with 200s as opposed to 500s
EDIT: also yea empower and defense are nice cards for champ considering how little defense it has and might is always nice

< Message edited by Lunar Crush -- 11/22/2013 19:43:01 >
AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition