Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Faction Updates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Faction Updates
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/22/2013 14:52:47   
goldslayer1

1)
VIX and I have talked a while back about a way to tell how many wins players were doing in the faction.
So me and him came up with separate concepts on how to get the point across.

My Idea: http://i45.tinypic.com/2njg10k.png (just an exampe picture)
basically this add a new column in the faction page which Features 1 vs 1 | 2 vs 2 | 2 vs 1
you can put it this way or switch it to 1 | 2 | J

VIX idea:
Before: http://i48.tinypic.com/27www3l.png
After: http://i47.tinypic.com/2cej6z4.png

his idea is basically to open up a new tab within the faction page to show only faction membs on how active the faction was.

I understand we have influence right now, but with the wars and all, influence doesn't translate to win.
its hard measuring how much influence is how many wins, because some of those wins could have been juggernaut or 2 vs 2.
this on the other hand, would give you a specific number and for what modes.
so either one of these would do the job well.

2)
the upcoming suggestion is related to faction lvls, and differential between higher lvl factions and lower lvl factions.
its more of an art suggestion than one that requires alot of coding.

its to have different styles of headquarters Depending on your lvl.
if your a lvl 1 faction, your faction should look like one (basically like a scrub faction). if your a lvl 12 faction, your faction should look epic.
this would make a difference in low lvl factions and high lvl factions. it would somewhat compensate for lvl 12 factions out there that have worked hard in earning their lvls.

and it doesn't even have to be a new headquarters every lvl, if your lvl 1, you have a scrubbish looking faction, but then you lvl up to lvl 2. and at lvl 2 you have an extra rusty cannon looking wep to be part of your defense.

maybe the layout of the notebot could look different. since its a notebot, maybe the layout could be rusty at 1-5 lvls, then 6-11 it could be bronze/golden.

lower lvl faction headquarters should be smaller too. and as they lvl up, their faction grows, and so does their headquarters.

3)
Another HQ improvement would be the first screen of the Headquarters.
there should be an option that would allow non faction members into the first screen of HQ (which would be outside of the HQ)
this would be similar to the house lock system where you only allow your friends or no one, or anyone.

this would serve as hang out spots for faction members and their friends who are from other factions (or no faction).
and it could be a good place for meetings between allies.

4)
Faction Items shops by lvl.

once again, more art related things.
the suggestion is for faction item shops, base on the faction's lvl.
it doesn't have to be several shops, it could be a single shop, but your faction needs certain lvl to unlock stuff.

the items could range from weapons, armors, bikes (Duel Master bikes FTW)
it doesn't have to be a ton of stuff, just a little bit to help distinguish high lvls factions from low lvls.

it doesn't have to be every lvl, it could be every 4 lvls. 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13 (since 13 is he highest recorded faction lvl)

5)
Note bot improvement.
a good note improvement would be adding a scrolling option so that we aren't limited to a certain amount of messages.
this way we dont have to put everything in small words, and be limited to text.

below is an example of how an improvement can look like.
Example: http://i45.tinypic.com/10i6p0y.png

6)
Change the system so that you CANNOT battle your faction mates in the public matches.
such as 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, and even juggernaut.

this is one is quite a problem, in solo and 2 vs 2. because it forces your faction to get a loss no matter what.
and in some cases, one of the members automatically quits to get the faction win faster. (specially if they are facing in team)

i myself use to be in a competitive faction, and it would annoy me to have to see my faction mates on the other side of the screen about 40-50 times a day in 1 vs 1. it just gave un-needed battles and losses to the faction.

7)
Faction co-leader/co-founder
heres a picture to show you what i mean http://i47.tinypic.com/2dgt34j.png

this has been suggested before, and i just wanted to add this one as an improvement.
keep in mind that appointing officers and co-leaders is an optional thing. you dont have to do it.
so if you dont like the feature, you could simply not make anybody a co-leader/co-founder

other things could be added, such as the permissions of things the co-leader can do.

http://i45.tinypic.com/xd89ds.png
as it shows here, you can
promote and demote officers
kick members
change tittles (for co-leader and officers only)
recruiting members
and changing the flag

8)
Faction Bank
some may be wondering what this is, so let me explain. a faction bank would be the place where members can donate their tokens to the faction instead of the flags. this stops members from donating to random flags that would most likely not be taken.

this essentially allows the leader (and co-leader?) to donate the tokens to the flags as he sees fit.
this would also make it easier for the members as they wont have to go to the flag every day and can simply donate from HQ.
so no more going to the far end of minetower to donate :)

to add along with this, there should be more donating options. such as "1000 tokens" and "5000 Tokens"

9)

being able to donate from HQ
with a menu of the flags you donated in, would be a good improvement to donating.

see here to see what i mean
http://i50.tinypic.com/206o2lh.png

as you can see, it shows you the flags your faction has donated in, and it allows you to donate there from headquarters.

10)
Faction Officers can change their own titles.
Leader/co-leader can still change them aswell.

this will allow officers to choose the desired title they want.

11)
Faction Daily Rewards
right now you get no rewards for doing dailies (solo, team, Juggernaut, WD)

the idea i have here is to reward players for doing dailies in factions.
these rewards would only go to the players of the winning faction.

Faction Daily Rewards: for the players
Credits: 2500
Personal Influence: 1000

WD Rewards: for the players
Credits: 5000
Personal Influence: 2500

now some issues may arise like what happens to the players of factions who already won it?
well much like the influence change back in delta, give it to the players who are in their faction and have won it before.

your thoughts?
anything you would like to add?

Notes: pictures are all thanks to VIX.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/22/2013 15:39:30   
Samurai_ED

1) Supported, I like your idea, this would help knowing who actually helps and who doesn't, truly a good idea.

2) Supported, this would be cool, and a motivation to level up your faction :)

3) Not supported, I feel like this would be just like a home.

4) Not supported, people would want to join just for the level.

5) Supported, I love this idea, it annoys me so much when all my rules get erased due to people chatting.

6) Supported, No more running to help factions, it gets annoying.

7) Not supported, not really excited about this one. People will beg for co leader spot. Supported although if you can't change the co leader rank once you make him/her co leader.

8) Not supported for the bank part, as for the 1,000 and 5,000 token suggestion Supported.

9) Supported, nice idea.

10) Not supported, some people will just take this in advantage and maybe do stuff to offend others.

11) Supported, another motivation nice idea :)

I like these ideas, nice job GoldSlayer and Vix.

< Message edited by Samurai_ED -- 4/22/2013 15:56:43 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/4/2013 9:44:30   
RageSoul

How about being able to change your own Fac title sans the Leader's approval ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/5/2013 10:04:14   
toopygoo

i support most of these. i like the idea of a faction bank. donations will be run what you input to the bank, instead of the flag, that way itll all become useless rather having some it if go to waste on the wrong flag.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Faction Updates
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition