Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Which Class are You O_o

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Which Class are You O_o
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/22/2013 22:14:14   
Dual Thrusters

Which class do you think best represent yourself? It does not necessarily have to be your favrite class.

- Are you like a strength Blood Mage who feels better whenever you hurt someone? (ahem* bloodlust)
-or maybe you're a tank Tlm who avoids trouble and tries to make things last longer?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/22/2013 22:17:53   
  Exploding Penguin

Tank merc, or just tanks in general. For some reason, I love tanking but I can't stand tank TLM (the ones without frenzy that were abundant in jugg and delta). Back in delta, I liked TM the most, but in Omega merc is definitely my number 1. I guess it's partially because people look at mercs as underpowered classes, and I somewhat prove that wrong by retaining a pretty good ratio (around 80-85%) in 1v1. Unfortunately, I fail at playing anything other than tank. I can't use strength merc at all, I can actually use support builds decently, but I'm just not really a strength build user.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/22/2013 23:17:12   
kittycat

I am a mage at heart, but currently a tactical. I switched classes because I need to keep bringing up my win %.
AQ MQ  Post #: 3
4/22/2013 23:30:10   
frogbones
Banned

I'm the exact opposite of the guy above. I switched class to the UP class: Merc (which happens to be one of the most versatile classes, imo).

Gaaaaaaawd how I despise you "OP" class hoppers.

Be gone already!

Can't stand what ED has become, and every 5 focus zombie only helps to stagnate this game further.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/22/2013 23:36:02   
Mother1

Tech mage at the moment, however if I were to change class it would be to my second favorite class which is the merc class.
Epic  Post #: 5
4/22/2013 23:41:02   
  Exploding Penguin

@frogbones: Kinda funny how many "OP class hoppers" are the ones who labeled merc as UP, when in truth I find it it not so. Coincidentially, the people who labeled merc like that are mostly the heroes with poor win/loss ratios who mainly get their wins off of luck with shadow and smoke.
Epic  Post #: 6
4/23/2013 0:11:37   
Variation

TM because I understand the class quite well. However, I've been playing my BH alt a lot more frequently lol.
Post #: 7
4/23/2013 0:17:07   
  Exploding Penguin

Strangely enough, I found TLM less tactical than normal mercenary as it's a straightforward class that's main skills revolve simply around spamming atom to neutralize the opponent, then healing whenever you get the chance to. I would argue that BM was more tactical than TLM back in delta (not sure if it's still like that now). While CH does have shadow arts (a shame since the class itself is quite fun and if shadow was replaced I would be convinced that it would be even more fun than before), it used to have great tactical application when static charge returned vast amounts of energy and the class had no plasma armor and instead a strong buff. I guess I just don't like TLM/BH at all in Omega because luck weighs heavily in determining a winner of the fight, and I prefer to earn my wins off of earnest differences in skill, not through lucky blocks or just downright predictable and solid attack patterns which are difficult to stop even though it's easy for the opponent to predict what you're going to do.
Epic  Post #: 8
4/23/2013 0:23:27   
fishb8123

Mercs are the most fun class and numbah one class. Theyre not too bad in omega but i got rly fed up with the new nuke tm trend so i switched to bh.
Epic  Post #: 9
4/23/2013 0:34:17   
frogbones
Banned

The reason the OP class hoppers know or say that Merc is UP is because either a) they tried Merc and saw that it sucked, or b) can consistently beat Mercs with the OP class de jour.

Also, when has there ever been a mass exodus to the Merc class? The only time i can remember was in early Omega when they could max Double Strike and then finish with a max Zerker (but that didn't last very long). Class hopping cycles are a good indicator of how UP or OP a class is.

EDIT @ your post after: Well said regarding Tac Mercs not being tactical at all (at least compared to regular Mercs). What a boring class that is.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 4/23/2013 0:39:16 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/23/2013 0:40:13   
goldslayer1

quote:

Also, when has their ever been a mass exodus to the Merc class?

gamma with the old str mercs. cant say it was massive but it got even bigger on the st Patrick's day event of 2011 when they released cyber shillelagh.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/23/2013 7:54:14   
axell5

well i like the syle of a BH: weaken their defence to hit them harder and get some "blood"
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 12
4/23/2013 9:05:09   
Melbourne

I have never been able to pull any strength build off. The only builds I have ever created that o actually did half-decent were tank builds. Definitely my favorite and "represents" me best is mercenary. Love everything about that class
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/23/2013 12:31:57   
rayniedays56

Currently I'm a Bounty Hunter. I switch classes quite frequently because I get bored VERY easily. However, I might become a Blood Mage next and use my Tech Abusive Tank Plasma Cannon build. I miss it :D:D

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/23/2013 13:46:25   
..Jasmine..

My favorite classes are bh and bm. That tiny bit of hp we gain from attacking makes me love them
Epic  Post #: 15
4/23/2013 13:49:43   
King Helios

Blood Mage at heart. 33-0 Jugg in beginning of Omega :3

Now, though, I'm a Bounty Hunter.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/23/2013 13:58:43   
hijinks

I'd have to say TM, because I'd be the one who isn't that strong physically, and I also like to play defensively. But I am also a BH because taking out energy with EMP and smoke screening people is fun.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/23/2013 16:53:42   
  Exploding Penguin

@frogbones: If more high-win ratio players or strategically skilled players played merc, it wouldn't be addressed as an UP class, nor would it be beaten by the current OP class nearly as much as it currently is. My 9 surg support focus build actually beat 75% of BH focus builds. I honestly have no idea why many high-ranking players avoid merc in the first place (before it was labeled as UP).
Epic  Post #: 18
4/23/2013 18:01:42   
frogbones
Banned

Prolly cuz if you cannot Surgical Strike (i.e., they drain your energy in one form or another), it's gonna be really tough to win. Unless you're a strength variant, once your energy is gone it's very difficult to win as a merc.

(I won't even get in to how one needs to be 5 focus to win).

Can't stand what ED has become, and every 5 focus zombie only helps to stagnate this game further.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/23/2013 18:12:43   
Mother1

@ frogbones

Well that is what happens when the masses complains about every other build being OP. They get nerfed and at the rate we are going, (if the nerfs keep up that is) then we will have no decent builds left. I personally would love to see the diminishing returns on strength and support nerfed so other builds could come back but I for some reason I foresee more nerfs coming to individual builds as they become popular with the masses rather then undoing some past mistakes.

But on another note I would love to go to the merc class and use it again with my main as well, since while TM is my favorite class I had more fun as a merc then I do as a TM at times.
Epic  Post #: 20
4/23/2013 18:17:09   
Master Smasher

defeintly a mix of both, gonna have to go with cyber hunter here :D
Epic  Post #: 21
4/23/2013 18:19:20   
King FrostLich

I'm a cyber hunter but I'm thinking of going back to BM.
Epic  Post #: 22
4/23/2013 18:22:10   
Hard boy

Merc all day.
@exploding, not everyone has omega weps and azrael stuff, so u clearly have an advantage over other mercs.
Epic  Post #: 23
4/23/2013 19:23:26   
ScarletReaper

In life I'd say I'm a support bloodmage. Taking the safe tactical approach to overcome my obsticals.

As for my in game classes, I go for the "Underpowered" class and build. In delta I was a cyberhunter at first, found it overpowered so I switched to techmage and used a 5 focus build. (Never saw anyone else with a build like mine either) It was pretty awesome. Then I heard mercs were underpowered and unusable, so I switched to merc and made a tech bunker/surgical build with great success. Then omega came and the rise of strength mercs, So I switched to bloodmage, which is my current class, and surprizingly has replaced tech mage as my favorite class. (which surprised me a lot and was not what I expected at all)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/23/2013 20:15:32   
  Exploding Penguin

@hard boy: Those users who do have azrael and omega stuff (omega stuff isn't even needed for my build, energy storm is still an amazing core with it) and have attempted merc just gave up anyways, or at least most did.

@frogbones: Losing my surg did little to stop me because an EMP couldn't take away enough energy to stop me from healing at the same time (my starting EP was 72, and I had generator as well). One common misconception about merc is that losing their EP devastates them, especially when hit by EMP grenade. The cost of EMP grenade is around 1/4-1/3 the EP cost of the actual EP removed, as well as taking an entire turn and sacrificing a turn without gaining rage. When used 2 times in one fight (unless against builds whose only offensive capability is through energy-costing skills), the benefits compared to the losses are questionable.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Which Class are You O_o
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition