Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Ruins of Paxia II OOC - Accepting!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Ruins of Paxia II OOC - Accepting!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2013 4:16:47   
jerenda

I did it! *collapses* I have not slept yet it is still last week and that means this is on time.

TD, I made your opponent as requested. I quite like him. His name is Welsh and no, I have no idea how you pronounce that.

Star, sorry I didn't manage to interact with you /quite/ yet. I have two plans, one of which TD will hate me for and the other one that will be less hilarious but potentially slightly easier for all involved. I need to poke TD and see if he was going to talk to you. If not, I will enact one of my two plans to create PC interaction, and will be updating that post with another Nautica section either Tuesday or Thursday.

Yay PC interaction!!

On that note, sorry for the depressingness of the current posts. A lot of the clans are headed towards destruction. (Igneus update next. =D) It's not set in stone, of course. PCs can still turn this show around. (Or, you know, finish the job. There are clans that aren't killing themselves... yet...) I am just enjoying the process greatly.

Probably more than is healthy. Now I need sleep. *collapses again*
AQ DF  Post #: 76
9/3/2013 15:44:37   
Legendium

Okay, I now have internet! And no working computer charger...

Despite that, I'll get a post up, hopefully within the next seven days. I'll just have to borrow my sister's charger. If she lets me.

Not much else to say.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 77
9/4/2013 12:57:17   
TormentedDragon

From what little I remember, a name like Llwyn would be pronounced as Loo-in. Also, you mixed up Sorano and Porthos. Sorano was clan head. Porthos is his ... valet.

I'm writing this on my lunch break. I'll take a whack at finishing off my post later today.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 78
9/4/2013 21:28:28   
jerenda

Looking forward to it, Legend. ^_^

Ah, dangit. I'll edit that...

There, fixed. Thanks TD. <3

< Message edited by jerenda -- 9/4/2013 21:32:17 >
AQ DF  Post #: 79
9/9/2013 15:12:21   
Legendium

Okay, I'm starting my post, and have already stumbled onto a block.

Apparently, the last thing we've heard of Geoto is that something was meeting and I think Juniper and Rohan are off to war. My original plan to start my character's story was as a guide for an ambassador, and I wanted to start my post with a council meeting and discussion, but I think you might already have something planned for that Jerenda. So I'm wondering how to go about this.

First of all, I need to know a bit more about politics in Geoto. Do they have a group of people making decisions, or is it a vote amongst the whole clan for every decision? Also, what role does the clan Leader play, and what can he actually do?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 80
9/18/2013 19:57:35   
jerenda

Update: Expect a post from me by Friday night. College is fun, and I definitely have enough free time to maintain this. <3

Legend, you know me. Make it up! If I tell you an answer, it's going to be made up on the spot. :P

Let's see...

If I had to make it up: According to this post Geoto has a fairly loose political system. The heads of the various factions in Geoto make decisions to do things, and then they tell their clanmates and the clanmates generally do the thing, although they're pretty independent agents and may have their own ideas about how to do their portion of the thing. They do, however, have a strong grasp of teamwork. Resolve that how you wish.

These meetings are theoretically only for the leaders, but the leaders are self-defined. If you show up and contribute, they're probably not going to kick you out. There are positions that are determined by the entire clan as a whole, namely the Geoto. The Geoto requires a 2/3 majority to be chosen. Other high-ranking positions that can be chosen as you see fit are also voted on by the entire clan, or at least as much of the clan is residing in the Mountain.

As for how much power the Geoto has, that's also up to you. Some leaders are very charismatic and persuasive and are usually able to get what they want. Sometimes the other leaders disagree with the Geoto and resist his policies. In practical politics, a leader has exactly as much power as he is capable of wielding. It depends entirely on how good he is at getting people to do what he wants.

To further settle you: I have literally nothing planned for Geoto. (Maybe not the most reassuring thing your host can say.) Where they're at, the clan is poised on the verge of war. They might not have actually made the decision proper to go to war. Rohan might be getting Juniper to go to the leadership meeting where this will be decided, or he might be getting her so they can prepare to march. I have no idea. I'm just gonna roll with it.
AQ DF  Post #: 81
9/19/2013 10:39:19   
Legendium

Oh dear, and to think I went to the point of asking Oliver Bell about the Geoto political system when you took a while to respond....

Well, he told me that in-game politics and forum politics were different, and I think he said people never really touched on how the politics work in the game. So I suppose that means I'm free to decide things as I want.

Okay then. Expect the post soon.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 82
9/23/2013 1:06:26   
jerenda

Hehe. I'm glad you asked for help, and I apologize for being AWOL. (Like usual.)

I have a post! It is written. It is also terribad and has a lot of sections that go like this:

quote:

X interrupts. "How dare you do the thing!"

Y does something violent. "I am doing the thing! Persuasive speech!"

X storms out. "Parting shot persuading people to follow him!"

So... I'm not posting it today. I will keep you updated! Inspiring comment!
AQ DF  Post #: 83
10/12/2013 5:48:22   
Legendium

Umh... What happened to the IC thread?

And I apologize for neglecting my posting duties. I'm the only one at fault there.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 84
10/14/2013 11:39:46   
TJByrum

With no IC, I assume this is being put on hold for the time being?

I apologize for abandoning this RP, I know how annoying that can be. But if you'd like to start this up again I can create a new character.
DF AQW  Post #: 85
10/14/2013 12:19:39   
Legendium

Oh, it started already, but the forum blipped and deleted the IC thread...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 86
10/14/2013 12:32:57   
TJByrum

I know it started once, but I didn't know why the IC was gone.
DF AQW  Post #: 87
10/20/2013 9:09:51   
Starstruck

I ain't posting again till we find out what exactly about the RP boards is causing this.
DF MQ  Post #: 88
10/20/2019 11:22:37   
  Starflame13

As this has been inactive for several years, I am officially closing this RP. If the host returns and wishes to reopen it, please reach out to RP forum staff.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 89
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Ruins of Paxia II OOC - Accepting!
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition