Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Bulls Eye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Bulls Eye
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/26/2013 20:50:46   
deatharrows

Link to the discussion thread-------> Bulls Eye

Chapter 1
Bulls Eye

Welcome to Lore, a land of magic ranging from beautiful fairies, to ghastly goblins, and box loving sneevils. The land is an amazing place, filled with adventure and energy. Lore is filled with heroes, monsters, and beautiful land formations but our story takes place in a different part of lore. Our tale starts in a town called crows' paradise. Compared to the other places to see like the town of Falconreach, the capital city Swordhaven, and even the undead infested Doomwood, this town isn't as appealing. In this town an event that will change the fate of lore forever is about to occur. Without further a due, let's begin. The town of crows' paradise was anything but happy. The town once had roads but they were worn away and the ground was all muddy. The town wasn't wealthy and was filled with shacks rather than houses, each being only just big enough to live in. The villagers were all forced to work so they wouldn't be eaten alive by the wolves. On top of the food chain, above and commanding the wolves, sat one man. This man had no name but he wore an eye patch, a cloak that covered everything but his , and stood towering at 7 feet tall. Below him on the town's food chain was his gang. They were all your stereotypical gang members, none being too gifted with weapons, having buff muscles, and being excessively abusive and prideful, using the threat of bringing their boss in or just beating them to force the villagers to do slave labor. This was the way the town functioned until one night.

It was a cold dark night in crows' paradise when a man wandered into the inn. This man wore but a hat and some traveler's robes. On his back was a black bow with odd runes on it. As he walked in, gang members walked up to him, noticing he wasn't all that tall. "Hey shorty, I suggest you pay us if you want to stay the night." said one gang member. "You don't appear to be the inn owner." the man said in reply. "Look just pay us let's say... 1,000 gold coins and you can stay here, otherwise get lost." "How about no." the man said. "Well if you insist." said the gang member. As the man began to leave, the gang members all jumped at him. Meanwhile in the other room, the gang leader was drinking as he sat in his finely made chair. Suddenly he heard cracking. Then he heard footsteps.

"Keep it down you pests, I'm relaxing!" the gang leader said. Just then the door swung open. There, in front of the leader stood the same man who was just attacked. His robes were gone, revealing odd, black and purple assassin apparel, and a dagger. He stood in front of the gang leader, covered in blood. "Who are you and what do you think your doing in MY ROOM!" said the gang leader in a booming shout. "I," the man said "was just going to ask to stay here for the night when a group of men, I assume you lead, jumped at me and tried to rob me. I did what I anyone would do, and defended myself."

"Well you sir have some nerve. You come in here, say you want to stay, and kill my men. This is my town! You can't just do as you please!" the gang leader shouted in a state of defensive fury. "Well I don't like your tone." said the man. "Can't we settle this reasonably? I'm just a traveler looking to stay the night. I'll give you 5 gold coins to stay." "5.... gold coins? You offer ME 5 GOLD COINS! You little brat! You think for a moment that you can kill my men, disrupt me, and then stay here for a simples 5 GOLD COINS!?!?!?!?" the gang leader said on the verge of a complete rampage. "Yes I do." said the man in a calm tone.

The gang leader then got out of his chair and revealed a large mace hidden in his robes. "This is my village you piece of trash!" and then he ran at the man with the mace and swung it at him. Just as he did, an arrow pierced dead center in the middle of his chest. "Agh!" the gang leader cried as he fell to the ground. "Tut tut." the man said. "That's no way to treat a... eh I'll cut the act. I'm Deatharrows, soon to be the greatest assassin in all the world. I know you planned to ask my name before you died so I decided to let you say something else with your last breath like, I REGRET NOTHING, or CURSE YOU!!!" "I don't know why but I'm oddly satisfied with this." the gang leader said weakly. "I've lived large and in charge, knowing every day that as the land increased in hero's questing for fame that one day I would be overthrown. However to be killed by an anti hero like you... at least I died at the hands of someone amusing. I'll see you in hell Deatharrows." said the gang leader. And with that and a cough of blood, the gang leader grew still.

Later the next morning, the villagers saw to their fear and joy that the gang had been killed. Earlier a man with a bow and odd apparel had been seen walking out of the inn. The villagers then found the gang leader's body. The man's robes were stained in his blood and an arrow was stuck dead center in his chest. As Deatharrows wandered towards another quest for fame and fortune he whispered something to himself. "Bull's Eye." he said with a laugh. And so began the tale of Deatharrows and his famous Bull's Eye death shot.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 5/10/2015 13:10:48 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
4/30/2013 17:48:48   
deatharrows

Chapter 2
Introduction to the King of Kill

After killing the gang in crows' paradise, Deatharrows searched for the Assassin's Guild, the place where anybody who sought out any type of mercenary went. He traveled the trail he left on until finally, after hours of walking, he reached a forrest. This forrest wasn't your average forrest. From outside of it, Deatharrows heard screaming, scraping, stomping, yelling, and other such frightening noises. "Hm... this is quite a risk. I have no idea what is to be found in this forrest. But I have no where else to go but off trail which is equally dangerous or backwards which risks the chance of being caught by any hero or law enforcer who happens to try and find that man's murderer. Well I guess this is my best choice."

Without pondering his options further, Deatharrows entered the forrest. If the place sounded scary from the outside view, the inside view would scare you to death. The trees were dark colored and were laced with cob webs, some having large, staring, evil looking eyes peering through the leaves. The same was true for the bushes. Human corpses and skulls were lying everywhere. Every so often a large, ominous, alarming noise could be heard and it was impossible to tell where it came from. However, being a very bold and insightful man, Deatharrows trudged on, less he risk something attacking him.

So he walked straight forward, using his dagger to draw a circle with an arrow in it so he wouldn't get lost every time he was forced to turn around. This went on until Deatharrows saw a light. "Finally! An exit! What luck! I'm alive and not so much as scratched, with the exception of cut marks from sticks. Well I best get out of this ominous forrest." Just as he was about to reach the exit, he was grabbed by something and pulled upwards. He realized he was in the tree tops but before he could do a thing, someone knocked him out.

"Ow.... my head. Wait where am I?" Deatharrows looked around and to his horror, he was stuck in a giant web. "This isn't good! Have to get my dagger!" Before he could move a finger, a giant spider jumped on top of him. It was a massive spider with a head of eyes that would give almost anyone nightmares for life. "Welcome to my home, hero." said the spider in a cracking, fear inspiring voice. "My children will love this opportunity. They haven't had a chance to see a living adventurer in ages. Most are either to scared to enter or to stupid to make it into our grasps before a troll bludgeons in their skull or another spider does as I'm about to do." "Would that happen to be freeing me and leading me out?" Deatharrows said in a doubtful but hopeful voice. " Nope. Now time to be dinner. Kids, I'll let you do the preparations this time." with a cruel, evil cackle, the spider descended into the leaves of a different tree and vanished from sight.

" Yay, daddy's letting us do the preparations! Now let's get to it!" said three voices in unison. Then, from the darkness above, descended three head sized spiders, looking like a splitting image of their father. Then they landed on the web, came to Deatharrows, and said in unison " hello and good bye dinner!" The spiders lunged for Deatharrows's neck. "No! I can't die now! I have so much to live for like..." before he could finish his thought, a sword flew at him and sliced the web off, freeing him. "Hm... no time to question this. Well what is it? Weren't you three brats planning to prepare me to be eaten?" he said in a mocking tone. " Oh no. The dinner escaped. What ever shall we do? Daddy!" the spiders then descended into the leaves and the giant spider jumped out. " Hm.... why would he help you?" the spider said in a perplexed tone. "Why would who help me?" asked Deatharrows. " You want to know who it was? Well then stand still for a second!" the spider said as he launched himself at Deatharrows.

"I think it's time to teach you a lesson. You don't have the element of surprise anymore now do you?" said Deatharrows. The spider, instead of replying, proceeded to jump and chomp at Deatharrows, each time missing. " Gr.... stop dodging! Just let me eat you! Now it's time to be eaten! the spider launched at Deatharrows who jumped onto the spiders back, and shot it in the head. "Ok," he said. "I stopped dodging. Now I have some business to attend to." with a wicked laugh Deatharrows descended into the leaves. Later, as he ate his dinner of cooked spiders, Deatharrows wondered who saved him. As he finished eating the spiders, he heard a noise. Then he fell.

"Ugh... please don't be another spider." "I'm no spider. I'm your new boss and you'd best get used to listening to me." said a man. Deatharrows opened his eyes to see a man dressed in black metal armor carrying a large blade. He was pale and his hair was un naturally white considering he looked to be around the age of 40. "I take it your the one who saved me?" Deatharrows asked. "You got that right." the man said. "I heard you were the one who killed the gang boss in ravens paradise. I take it your no hero. Wanna be one of my assassin's? Actually I don't care what you say, now that you've met me, you join or you die." "Who even are you?" Deatharrows asked the man. "Me? I go by many names but most call me the King of Kill. Now I don't really care who you are but you made it far enough to reach rachit, the spider you killed, and you managed to survive, given I did save you from death. So I need to know your name and if your joining or not? I'm not a patient man so chose quickly."

"Well King Kill, I've been searching for you for awhile. I've heard your the leader of the Assassin's Guild I'm Deatharrows and I intend to become the most infamous assassin of all time." said Deatharrows. "I'm glad to join so let's get started!" "Well you have some spunk." the King of Kill said.
You clearly are skilled and you've also clearly done your research. Well ok Deatharrows. You can join, not that you would live to leave otherwise anyway. Let's get you acquainted to our regulations." and with that, Deatharrows joined the Assasin's guild. Meanwhile in the jungle a giant spider returned home to see blood everywhere. " No! Honey? Kids? Anyone!?!? I will find whoever did this and kill them as painfully as possible!"

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 5/8/2013 19:10:31 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
6/22/2013 14:46:02   
deatharrows

Chapter 3
The Eye of Hatred

Exiting the interrogation room, Deatharrows was surprised to see a large dome shaped room, with the lights dimmed severely, making it hard to make anything out. "May I ask what this room is and why it's empty?" Deatharrows asked. "This room isn't empty. Your just not looking close enough." The King of Kill responded. "And what do you mean by th-" and arrows suddenly hit the wall, mere inches next to Deatharrows' head. "I think that should answer your question. Anyway this room is a sort of rat trap for adventurers. We operate in secret, despite what you might of heard, so when word gets out about us to adventurers, they of course attempt to find us and put an end the our actions. The ones who manage to avoid being clubbed to death, eaten by giant spiders, or any other hazards within the forrest of death come in through the entrance into here and immediately take an arrow to the heart, brain, or whatever vital organs our archers feel like shooting at that given point in time."

"Wait, if that's so, how do clients get in? Do they contact you ahead of time or what?" "Ha! That one always amuses me. I'll explain that later. For the time being, you need to learn the ropes about being in the assassins guild or you could end up like that unfortunate man." The King of Kill then pointed at an armored man who was lying dead on the ground with many arrows puncturing his body. "Point taken." said Deatharrows. And with that, Deatharrows began his introduction to the Assassin's Guild.

The King of Kill lead Deatharrows to a door on the other side of the dome and they entered it. Within the room, Deatharrows was greeted with the sight of a bar with many menacing looking people. "This is the bar." said The King of Kill. "It serves the same purpose as a regular bar, which is to say you can drink up, socialize, and relax after a mission. I do advice you don't go getting into drunken brawls though, because despite our tolerance of them, I doubt a new comer like you would survive against any of these guys for more then 5 seconds." "I think i'll just take your word for it." Deatharrows said hastily. "Now can we move on?" "Threatened are you? Don't worry, it's not like they'll kill you for no reason. You have to atleast show them your worthless before they do as the like. Anyway you have a point, we should move on."

The King of Kill lead Deatharrows to a stair case on the right corner of the bar and the two walked to the next floor of the Guild. "This is where you'll be sleeping." Deatharrows looked and saw an empty room. "Um, this room is empty." Deatharrows said. "What am I supposed to do, sleep on the ground?" "You got it." The King of Kill said with an evil grin. "You sleep on the ground accompanied by your fellow assassins. There will be female assassins but I trust your mature enough to mind yourself. If your a bit nervous, then know that they are the lowest of the low, murders. We all are here so everyone's the same." "I get it, now can we continue so I can get to the killing?" asked Deatharrows impatiently. "I like you vigor but you should know you won't be getting to just pick your jobs. You'll be doing very simple assassination missions for awhile. Until you prove yourself to be capable of preforming the simplest stealth skills, the easiest killing techniques, and using the most minor camouflaging materials and disguises, you won't be doing anything to difficult." The King of Kill then lead Deatharrows out of the resting area and up another staircase to the third floor.

Upon ascending the stairs Deatharrows stared in utter awe at what he saw. "What in the name of the avatars is that!?" Deatharrows said in shock. He was in awe at the sight of the room with a giant orb emanating with sparks, cries of pain, cries of rage, and images of violence. "That my dear archer," The King of Kill said "is the answer to your earlier question. If you remember correctly, I said that the entrance room was to lure in all the naive adventures who try to heroically destroy the guild and dispose of them. You then asked how would clients get here then. This is your answer." "My head is filled with pain, rage, and suffering." Deatharrows said quietly. "What in name of the avatars is causing this! This "thing" is the most unholy object I've ever seen!"

"The Eye of Hatred is the name of the orb you see in front of you." The King of Kill said calmly. "In my years I've seen much worse then it but it does have the effect of causing suffering to all it sees. You'll learn to ignore the voices in time... or be driven mad. Anyway the Eye of Hatred is how we get business. It sees those who have hatred in their hearts, enough to kill another, and we contact them through it. They then send a payment of gold to us, which the eye takes from them, and in turn, we kill whoever they want us to. That's how we function. That' also how we stay so secretive." "That makes sense, but for one, what happens if they then talk about contacting the guild, and also, where did you find this thing?" Deatharrows asked curiously, still cautiously eying the Eye of Hatred. "How do you think news of us gets out? Some people blabber on about these meetings and we... let's just say we "take care" of them. Also we didn't "find" the Eye of Hatred. Do you know about the elements?" "Obviously I do." said Deatharrows. "There are the avatars who watch over lore from their elemental realm and they created lore using the elements they control. That's why there are elemental weapons and creatures." "Correct!" said The King of Kill. "I'm impressed by your knowledge of the elements. Anyway the Eye of hatred is no element. It's a force. You see there are the elements and then there are things that are sort of anomalies. This includes bacon which is an element but is only here because it was summoned by the chicken cow god, Zuester. Then there's the power of void, a power devoid of any force to taint it making it raw power, there's pure magic which is as it title says, pure magic. Then there are the two clashing powers of Destiny and Doom, or in other words, good and evil. These forces have always counter balanced each other, neither existing without the other. The Eye of Hatred was an experiment of ours. Back before I was known as the King of Kill, I was just a guy who studied science, magic, and the elements with my friend. One day we took a large orb of glass and focused the powers of destiny in doom in it. We focused until the forces became visible in the orb. They clashed equally until we removed the destiny. Then the orb became pure doom. It proceeded to take my friend and destroy her, absorbing her consciousness into itself. Then it was tainted with my friends emotions of fear and rage. One thing lead to another and the orb was created. Then I was contacted by the guild through courier and we switched to contact through the Eye of Hatred."

Deatharrows stood quietly and thought for a few minutes. "After finally taking in what you just said, I'm really left with one question." Deatharrows said. "And what might that be?" The King of Kill asked. "My question is that if the Eye of Hatred absorbed your friend's consciousness and was tainted from her fear and pain, is your friend alive inside the orb?" "She's been infused with the orb for so long and seen so much pain and hatred, I doubt she has the smallest bit of her sanity left. What's left is a tortured soul, bound to see nothing but agony for eternity." The King of Kill said grimly. "That's all i'm going to say. I've been kind enough to answer your questions so far but I warn you, don't get involved with the eye. If you do, I will personally tear you limb from limb and feed you to the monsters outside." Deatharrows stood silently, not daring to say another word.

That point marked the end of Deatharrows introduction to the guild. However, unknown to Deatharrows, They Eye of Hatred was only one of the many sinister things he would encounter on his quest to become the greatest assassin alive. Unknown to Deatharrows, was that he had only seen a bit of the despairing sights that would follow that day. Unknown to Deatharrows was the woe and despair that would follow him for the rest of his life.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 5/10/2015 12:56:19 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
7/21/2013 11:03:25   
deatharrows

Chapter 4
Wrath of the Rake

Deatharrows wandered through the desolate halls of the odd mansion he was in. He didn't know where he was or how he got there but it felt odd. "Hello?" said Deatharrows. "Anyone here? Ugh I'm talking to myself at this point aren't I?" as he kept wandering through the halls he heard screeches and screams coming from the basement. "Um... think Deatharrows, go into the basement where anything from cats to demon spawn could be looking, or leave? Yeah I think I better leave." Suddenly a monster appeared behind him and tackled Deatharrows. "Ow! What the heck?!?!" Deatharrows looked behind him to see a bald man on all fours with blank white eyes. It admitted a noise of such pure chaos and fear that it was impossible to understand. Then it bit Deatharrows's arm and blood began to pour. "Get off of me!" he screamed and then he woke up with a dog chewing on his shoulder. "Quiet down newcomer, I'm trying to sleep," said the man lying in a bed roll next to him. "Sorry about that, normally I don't have nightmares." Deatharrows said. "Eh it's fine I suppose. You did just become initiated and that's always scary. The Eye is just having an effect on you." "Oh, this is caused by a cursed eye of pure hatred and evil. I feel so much better now." said Deatharrows.

So Deatharrows got up and ate breakfast when he was approached by another assassin. "Your Deatharrows right?" said the assassin. "That's my name, don't wear it out." replied Deatharrows. "Well anyway the King of Kill said he has your first contract. You are to take this scroll, deliver it to man who hired you, and follow his instructions. His name is, let's see, Rolith of Oaklore." "Wait Rolith?" said Deatharrows. "He's a pactagonal knight, who would he want dead, bandits?" "That's for him to know and you to discover." said the assassin. "Now I trust you know where Oaklore is?" "I do indeed." said Deatharrows. "If memory serves I take a right and... yup I take a right to THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET!!!!!!" "Calm down Deatharrows, you'll be traveling through the Eye of Hatred." "I still don't like that Eye. It's like it's seeing into my soul." said Deatharrows.

After traveling to the Eye, Deatharrows walked towards it and his body was zapped by an evil red light and he was transported to Oaklore. Rolith was standing by the castle when Deatharrows approached him. "Hello traveler, I'm Rolith of the pactogonal knights. What brings you here?" asked Rolith. "Your answer is here." answered Deatharrows. Then he took out the scroll. "Ah, so your the exterminator I hired." said Rolith. "Exterminator? I'm an assassin!" said Deatharrows angrily. "You mean to tell me you brought me here to kill bugs!?!?" "Oh no no no." said Rolith. "You'll be taking care of a thing, not a bug, not an animal, and not a man, just a thing." "And by that you mean?" "I mean an abomination of science." said Rolith grimly. "It's called the rake and it's eat five of my men. They were out on patrol and they saw a person. They approached him to help but when the arrived they saw a feral beast of a man who savagely attacked them. Only one escaped to tell the tale." "So my job is to kill a feral man beast that killed five of your highly trained men?" said Deatharrows. "Basically." said Rolith. "Ok." said Deatharrows. "Wait your not confused or afraid at all?" asked Rolith. "Trust me, I've seen worse by now." said Deatharrows. "Well ok then. Good luck assassin. He's in the forest over there." Rolith pointed to the forest in front of the gates.

And so Deatharrows embarked on his quest to kill the Rake. He searched over the forest and heard strange cries but never the actual thing. Then he came across a mansion like the one from his dream. "Odd... I feel a strange sense of de ja vu." said Deatharrows. He entered the house and wandered the hall ways. "Yeah this is definitely the mansion from my dream." said Deatharrows. "And that means...." Deatharrows turned around and stabbed the rake in the stomach. "that you would be behind me." Deatharrows smirked. "You don't stand a chance now. The Rake screeched a terrifying screech while Deatharrows tried to put his dagger through it's head. "Stop, dodging, me!" said Deatharrows. "Gr... you shall not disturb the mistress!" screamed the Rake. "Wait you can-" the Rake tackled Deatharrows before he could finish talking. "You must die! I can't let you escape!" said the Rake. Deatharrows tried to grab his dagger but the Rake took the dagger and stabbed him in the leg with it. "Argh!" groaned Deatharrows. "Die!" screeched the Rake as it slammed Deatharrows head on the floor over and over. "Gr... Enough!" Deatharrows broke free of the Rake's grip and gripped the beast by it's throat. "I've had enough of you Rake!" and then Deatharrows stuck him to the wall with the dagger which he removed from his leg and shot the Rake through it's head.

"That takes care of that." said Deatharrows. "Or does it?" said a mysterious voice. Deatharrows turned around to see a elegantly dressed woman. She was tall, had long blond hair, and was wearing a black dress and a witch hat. "You are the Rake's mistress I presume?" "Why yes I am." said the woman. "By the way, I don't appreciate you killing my pet, Deatharrows." "How do you know my name?" asked Deatharrows. "Easy, I'm the most famous witch in history, Esmerelda." said Esmerelda. "And you are just another pawn to be used in my opinion." "Shut up witch. I think I deserve answers for what the Rake is and why you know my name." said Deatharrows. "Then take the answers from me assassin!" said Esmerelda. And so an epic battle issued. Though it's length is to be added in the next chapter of Deatharrows's adventures. I suppose you could say this is a cliffhanger. To be continued.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 8/7/2013 13:58:14 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
8/7/2013 13:56:25   
deatharrows

Chapter 5
A Witch's Plot

Deatharrows came crashing to the ground as he was hit by another of Esmerelda's blasts. "How long are you going to float up there and toy with me witch?" he said. "I'm happy that your smart enough to realize that I'm not putting in an ounce of effort right now." said Esmerelda. "Honestly you can't do a thing like that, your knives are easy to defflect, and arrows to disintegrate. I wish you would try something else, I'm growing weary of putting you back in your place of and over again." "Oh you just keep talking you hag." said Deatharrows. "I'll keep coming back 'till I-" he then vanished. "Hm... what to do about this." said Esmerelda. Then an arrow flew past her defenses and struck her through the heart. "finally get you." Deatharrows said. Then Esmerelda's body exploded into a green cloud of smoke.

"Aw drat!" he said. "I knew that was to easy." From the smoke appeared Esmerelda. "Why yes it was. I knew you had merely used talk and run, the most simple method of hiding and fooling your opponent. I am a witch after all. I sensed your life force hiding and left a clone in my spot." Esmerelda's eyes started glowing green. "Uh oh, this isn't good." said Deatharrows. Then green orbs appeared around Esmerelda. "Goodbye, little assassin, it's time I end this." Then Esmerelda launched the orbs at Deatharrows. Deatharrows dashed for the hallway and took cover there as the orbs hit the wall and exploded. With the wall destroyed, Esmerelda continued assaulting Deatharrows with the orbs, and he continued to escape the orbs until there was no where left to hide.

"Well, crap." said Deatharrows. "I'm in trouble. Wait... there's one thing I didn't think of." Esmerelda hovered over to Deatharrows who was exhausted from the battle, quickly losing blood from his leg wound, and in no condition to attack her directly. "Well this was a fun work out but I have to end this fight now. I have repairs to tend to. Goodbye Deatharrows." Then Esmerelda glowed, radiating with energy, shaking the ground with her might. Then she summoned around a hundred balls filled with all kinds of destructive forces. "Go."said the witch. Then the balls flew at Deatharrows. Then he pulled out his bow. "I better pray to the avatars that this works." he said. Then he pulled an arrow with an odd engraving from his quiver and shot it at one of the orbs. Immediately upon contact the orbs detonated into a giant explosion.

Esmerelda rose from the ruble and observed the after math. "Aw crud." she said. "I hope the basement didn't collapse to or I'm in a lot of trouble." Then she noticed a body, Deatharrows's body. "Oh he's in one piece!" exclaimed Esmerelda. Then she went over to his body and checked his pulse. "He's definitely alive." the witch said. "She told me to keep him alive... I guess I better drop him off at the guild then." Esmerelda opened a portal. "Goodbye Deatharrows. I'll see you around." With a maniacal laugh, Esmerelda through Deatharrows body through the portal.

"Wake up." said a voice. "No.... I wanna sleep." said Deatharrows. "Oh that's it!" said the voice. Then Deatharrows felt something smashing against his head. "Ow! Was that!?!?" he said, getting up. "That was a wake up call!" said the King of Kill. "Wait I'm here?" Deatharrows asked. "How am I here!?!? The Witch and the explosion and the Rake and-" "Don't get to flustered." said the King of Kill. "We found you injured and unconscious next to the eye about and hour ago. Now what's this about a witch and the Rake?" "Hm... I'm not sure what happened completely but here's what occurred to the best of my memory." said Deatharrows.

"Ok so I arrived at Oaklore and Rolith told met o eliminate the Rake. Then I found a mansion, like a mansion I saw in a nightmare." "So you entered it?" asked the King of Kill. "Yes" said Deatharrows. "In my nightmare the Rake attacked me there so I suspected that the Rake was in that mansion. Knowing what would happen, I attacked the Rake and while I fought to pin it down and kill it, I learned it could speak." "It could do what!?!?" said the King of Kill. "I know, it was weird. So anyway I killed it but it mentioned a mistress. Then I met this supposed mistress. She was a witch named Esmerelda." the King of Kill was stunned after hearing that. "Esmerelda... the legendary witch known for being a psychotic maniac who experimented on both humans and monsters with magic and science." he paused for a moment. "You can continue." "So then she attacked me with glowing exploding orbs and near the end, when I was exhausted, I fired a special holy arrow that I was saving for such an occasion and then it caused an explosion. Then I passed out and here we are now."

After taking time to fully take in what he had heard the King of Kill told Deatharrows to just rest until he was feeling better and then he would get another contract. Later in his private library he started talking to himself. "Esmerelda, the Rake... I better do something. Knowing her, she's probably up to something, and knowing here skill, she could have an army by now to help he with her goal. I can find out later but what I find most confusing is why she didn't kill Deatharrows... I'd better send in a spy to investigate... No that wouldn't work... I guess it's time to pay that hag a visit... No, I'll do that later. For now I'll just lay back and wait to see if this develops into something worth worrying about." The King of Kill finished thinking about the matter and moved onto more simple subjects but all the while he feared that a sinister plot was ensuing and that it would ensnare the lives of every last being on Lore.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 5/10/2015 13:07:36 >
DF AQW  Post #: 5
9/28/2013 15:44:04   
deatharrows

Chapter 6
From the Hunter to the Hunted

Some time had passed since Deatharrows's fight with the witch Esmerelda. He had recovered his strength and was ready for a new mission. One morning during breakfast, again another assassin walked up to Deatharrows. "The King of Kill has requested to see you." said the assassin. "Finally, I was starting think I'd never get a new contract." said Deatharrows. So he went up and came to the King of Kill's meeting room. "Hey there Deatharrows." said the King of Kill. "I see you've finally recovered." "I have." said Deatharrows. "Of course you didn't bring me up here to make small talk, did you?" "Ha! No I didn't." said the King of Kill. "Now here's your contract." Deatharrows took the contract from the King of Kill. "Wait wait wait." said Deatharrows. "Didn't you say the eye of hatred found emotions of strong hatred and contacted them directly?" "Well yeah, but we document these so that we can hand out contracts instead of memorizing all of them." said the King of Kill. "The reason I called you up and gave it to you directly is to see if you recovered. The guild has some history with Esmerelda and most of it is catastrophic. I'm amazed you survived her, unless she was toying with you, which I really think she was." "I suppose I understand it now." said Deatharrows. "With that out of the way I'll read the contract now." Deatharrows held the contract and began reading.

"I, a nameless slave, will be in your eternal debt if you kill our lord, Lord Dire Lucanus." "Hm, is it just me or does that sound like a dire wolf name?" asked Deatharrows. "Relax Deatharrows." said the King of Kill. "While you skilled, I doubt your ready to take on a dire wolf who is also a lord. No, we've researched him and his name comes from the fact that his family, Lucanus, owns a were wolf and uses it to keep there slaves in line. Now Lord Dire Lucanus keeps this secret by ruling the town he inhabits, Denizen Vill, with an iron fist, or more accurately an iron fisted lycan." "So... I'm hunting down a wolf and killing it's master?" asked Deatharrows. "Ha, your not to worried are you?" said the King of Kill. "Yeah that's basically your job. By the way, Denizen Vill is a town in Doom Wood next to Necroplis. If you let anyone catch word, they'll tell Artix VanKruger, the paladin about this and he'll capture you and Lord Dire Lucanus, and the guild would be most displeased with the loss of you and that slave. You would be severely punished, am I understood?" "Yes sir!" said Deatharrows. "I'm going to go now. It's time to find where that wolf is.

Deatharrows left the guild and journeyed to Doom Wood, being carful to avoid any unwanted attention. Soon he arrived in Denizen Vill. "Hm, it doesn't look fishy at all on the outside." he said. "Well played, Lucanus, but I'll hunt you and that wolf down." Deatharrows went in the inn and saw the in keeper was a young woman, around her mid 20's. She had light brown hair and was laughing with the customers. Deatharrows walked up to the inn keeper. "Welcome to the Hunter's Den, how can I help you?" asked the inn keeper. "I'm looking for a Lord Dire Lucanus." said Deatharrows. Immediately the room went quiet. "He's on top of the hill, to the right." she said with a bitter hatred to her words. "Now get out." After leaving, Deatharrows looked to the right of the inn and saw a large mansion, with gates guard and a small hole to the right. "Hm, I bet that wolf is in there, totally distracted" said Deatharrows. "This is gonna be as easy at slicing cake. Mhm cake... I better get something to eat when I get back." Deatharrows approached the gates and then stealthily, took out a blow dart and knocked out all the guards with it, then snuck over the gate and entered the hole on the side of the hill. There he saw a path lit by torches and then he saw cages with salves in them. Guarding the cages was a muscular, hairy, and big were wolf. "There he is." Deatharrows thought to himself. "I'll just shoot him and when Lord Dire Lucanus sends his guards, I'll knock the out, and then shoot Lucanus before he can scream." Deatharrows took out his bow, drew and arrow from his replenished quiver and shot an arrow straight at the were wolf's head.

It bounced of and the wolf turned around and looked at him. "Crap, the King of Kill was serious about a were wolf made of iron." said Deatharrows. "He must be so strong that his bones are tougher then steel!" "Hmph, another assassin?" growled the were wolf. "Good, I was getting hungry!" Before he could move, the were wolf grabbed Deatharrows and stabbed him in the stomach with his claws. Deatharrows let out a shriek of pain but he got up and got on the were wolf's back. "Get off of me!" the were wolf yelled at him. "Not a chance!" Deatharrow yelled back. The were wolf ran around, slaves were yelling, but Deatharrows held tight. "Eat silver were wolf!" Deatharrows took out a silver dagger and stabbed it into the were wolf's heart. The were wolf howled in pain for a bit and then rolled over and was silent. "I brought that dagger specifically for you, you smelly mutt." "The assassin did it!" said a slave. "Thank you assassin, now go give Lord Lucanus what's coming to him." Deatharrows nodded and exited the tunnel. He saw villagers gazing in awe but ignored their glances.

Deatharrows went to the mansion doors, kicked them open, and called out Lord Lucanus's name. "What do you want with me?" he asked. "I'm here to lay down one beating you'll never forget." said Deatharrows. Then he shot Lord Lucanus through the head. "Bulls Eye." he said. Then Deatharrows left the mansion. Villagers said nothing, silently respecting Deatharrows's deed and letting him leave peacefully. The tale of the lycan slayer was sung by the town for generations to come. Deatharrows tales however, didn't end there. Deatharrows returned to the guild and gave the King of Kill the blood stained contract. Within a week the town delivered 1,000 gold as a reward for Lord Lucanus's death. "Well done." said the King of Kill. "I can believe you killed a lycan and lived to tell the tale. By the way, it that wound ok?" "It's fine." said Deatharrows. "I'm just grateful I didn't get bitten, as I don't want to become a were wolf as well." "Well anyway, ready for another contract?" asked the King of Kill. "You bet your giant death sword I am." said Deatharrows, with fire burning in his eyes. And so his legend continued. With the murder of a freak of science, a werewolf, and the evil Lord Dire Lucanus under his non existent belt, Deatharrows had gained some fame, and had grown even more skilled then he was to begin with. However with fame comes a price, and Deatharrows had caught some unwanted attention. For the murder of a relatively crime free man, Deatharrows was a wanted criminal now, but for the moment he rejoiced in his victory and prepared for a new challenge.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 6/29/2014 17:46:53 >
DF AQW  Post #: 6
11/29/2013 14:38:03   
deatharrows

Chapter 7
Meet the Monster Hunters

It had a week since Deatharrows's last adventure and he was feeling great pain in where the werewolf had wounded him. He had nightmares for nights and as such couldn't get a wink of sleep. One morning, Deatharrows gratefully got out of his sleeping bag to go to breakfast. After he got his food, he started to fall a sleep before yet again, an assassin appeared in front of him calling his name. "Deatharrows" said the assassin. "Yeah I got the drill, go to the King of Kill." he said grumpily, still exhausted due to lack of sleep. So Deatharrows slowly trudged up the steps to the King of Kill's office.

"Deatharrows," the King of Kill said,"before you say a word, I have to do something." "And what is that?" said Deatharrows, still extremely exhausted. The king of kill the pulled out a dagger and put a small cut on Deatharrows's arm. "Ow!" screamed Deatharrows, awakening from the pain. The cut stung worse then he thought was possible for a tiny cut. "Is this poisoned!?!?" He yelled at the King of Kill. "No, but you are." The King of Kill said calmly. Deatharrows settled down for a moment. "So what do you mean by, I'm poisoned?" he asked. "You see, that dagger was made out of silver." The King of Kill told him. "You might remember that while trying to assassinate Lord Dire Lucanus you were wounded by that werewolf." "Yes, continue." Deatharrows said, intrigued as to what the King of Kill had to say. "Well, the silver burned you much worse than it would anyone else so... suffice to say... your a werewolf."
"Wait... a were wolf?" Deatharrows shook his head, hoping he had misheard what had just been said. "Relax!" The King of Kill said, attempting to calm Deatharrows down. "For one, the Assassin's Guild has plently of werewolves and vampires amongst us so you needn't worry of being exiled." "Well I suppose that's a relief." said Deatharrows "If I was exiled I'd die in those woods." "Yeah so let's move on." said The King of Kill. "The second thing is important to you. I've watched you fight that spider and I heard you survived Esmerellda, as odd as that is, so I know you your the kind of guy who survives on skill and wit alone. So the perks of being a lycan wouldn't really matter to you. So there's a cure." "A what?" said Deatharrows in a state of disbelief. "Thank you so much! I might be a bit emotional it's just... I don't want to be a were wolf of a vampire or a chicken cow." "Your welcome but you see.... you kind of have to go to Dragesvard and find a village of extremely aggressive monster hunters." The King of Kill told him.

Deatharrows took a moment to find an appropriate response to the absurd statement he had just heard. "Ok I got it." said Deatharrows. "But hear me out on this. How about we just teleport them here with the Eye of Hatred, actually why don't we do that for all of our contracts?" "Here's my answer." The King of Kill took a breath. "One, no! Two, the reason we don't do that is so no one find out we have the ability to teleport and gets a lead. We might be able to fight a few adventurers or even a single army, but we don't want to start a war with the entire continent." "Well I guess I don't have a choice." said Deatharrows. With a sigh, Deatharrows got his gear, found some winter apparel, and went off to the snowy land of Dragesvard.

"Well I'm here." Deatharrows said. "It's cold, I'm uncomfortable, and I'm looking to get a cure for being a lycan from a group of monster hunters. Simply marvelous how much trouble I can get myself into. Well I better start my search at the inn." So Deatharrows headed up the street to the inn. Deatharrows opened a door and rented a room for the night. "Hey you." said a stranger. Deatharrows turned his head. "Yeah that's right, you." Deatharrows saw a small man with a red beard and viking style gear. "Um, who are you?" Deatharrows asked, befuddled as to what the small man wanted with him. "I'm Leaf Erdrickson, a dwarf and monster hunter, and you my friend are a werewolf!" Every one stood still. "Ok how did you know." Deatharrows whispered to Leaf. "I could smell it on you, you smelly wolf." Leaf whispered back. "I also know your a member of that accursed guild, and before you ask, it's because of that throw down you had back at crows' paradise. You didn't think news wouldn't spread did you?"

After a bit everyone settled back down. "Wait why isn't anyone doing anything?" Deatharrows asked Leaf. "Because I'm the one who's going to deal with you, speaking of which." Leaf dropped his axe and casted a spell. Suddenly Deatharrows hands were bound. "What happened?" Deatharrows asked in shock "Magic cuffs." Leaf said with a grin. "Wait, I just want a cure and I heard you had one!" Deatharrows stammered desperately trying to persuade Leaf to free him. "Well then, that changes a bit." said Leaf "Once we get back we'll put you to work. You might be an assassin but if you want that cure, your going to have to join another group, the Monster Hunters! We'll have you judged we we get to our camp." Before he could protest, Deatharrows was dragged to the camp. From their Deatharrows would continue his adventures, but the thing is, some times if you bother something and don't apologize it holds a grudge. And it just so happened a few weeks before being kidnapped by a Dwarven Monster Hunter, Deatharrows had struck a bit of a cord with a beast. And as you now know, if you don't apologize, sometimes... maybe that beast will hold a grudge.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 6/29/2014 17:47:13 >
DF AQW  Post #: 7
6/14/2014 11:35:52   
deatharrows

Chapter 8
The Scourge of Monsters

After taking a ship to some ice floats near Dragsvard, Leaf took Deatharrows to a large tent with Goriliphant skulls on poles. Deatharrows was thrown to the ground by Leaf. "By the Avatars, it felt like it took 7 months to get here!" Deatharrows shouted in annoyance "Well maybe it would've gone faster if you weren't being so lazy!" Leaf yelled back in an even greater state of fury. "I mean it's not like you don't have legs, you lazy bum." "That will be enough!" Said a powerful voice. Deatharrows stood up and looked to see whom the voice belonged to.

From the shadows emerged a muscular man. He was in peak physical condition and dawned armor that appeared to be made from skeletons. His blade rivaled that of the King of Kill's in terms of size. "I," the man said "am Scourge. I once had another name but now it is lost. My enemies know me as Scourge, and so do you. Are we clear?" Deatharrows realized he was being addressed and immediately responded. "Wha- oh yes sir!" In this instance Deatharrows thought it would be wise not to be sarcastic, less he want his head mounted on a pole.

"Anyway I've come here to make a request." he said. "Well than make it." Scourge said, clearly not caring at all about Deatharrows and his request. "Well, uh, I was told that you have a cure to lycanthropy." Upon hearing this, Scourge tensed. He focused his attention on Deatharrows. "What, pray tell, do you want with the cure to lycanthropy? Scourge asked, intrigued by this question. "Before I tell you, give me your word that I won't be killed after I'm done speaking." Deatharrows said "Very well." Scourge said. "You have my word that you won't be killed for whatever it is you're about to say." Deatharrows prepared himself to admit his secret. "Well... I myself am slowly becoming a Werewolf." Upon hearing those words, Scourge's expression changed from that of mild interest to complete and utter fascination.

"What do you mean by becoming?" Scourge asked. "Wait, what does that mean?" Deatharrows replied in equal confusion. Up to this point, Deatharrows though every werewolf slowly transformed upon being bitten. He was unaware of just how wrong he was. "I suppose we ought to enlighten you." Scourge said with a sigh. "Leaf, would you teach this novice as to how lycanthropy works?" "That I can sir." Leaf said with pride. "Also, this runt of a man is that little assassin, Deatharrows." "Oh really?' Scourge said with curiosity. "Ah yes, I remember the King of Kill sent me a letter informing me of his predicament awhile ago. I guess he didn't tell Deatharrows about how special his case was." Deatharrows had had it up to here at this point and had finally hit the boiling point. "Ok, what is so special about me?!?! Tell me before I break out of these bonds, put an arrow in each of your skulls, and take the cure for myself!" Upon saying this everyone started staring at him and Deatharrows immediately regretted his decision.

After a moment of silence, Scourge spoke up. "Well well well, I see this wolf has fangs." "Very funny." Deatharrows said with a scowl. "Very well than." Scourge said. "Leaf, explain if you would." "Yes sir!" Leaf said. "Well assassin, let's explain lycanthropy now. You see upon getting bit, most people transform after only a night. You've been scratched though." "So what does that mean?" Deatharrows asked. "Well you're lycanthropy is quite intriguing." Leaf said. "Basically you haven't become a true werewolf yet. You'll experience some effects like a hatred of silver and a certain fury in combat during a full moon." "Don't forget urge to pee and mark your territory." Scourge laughed. "Oh would you stop beating me when I can't even stand?" Deatharrows asked in annoyance. "Anyway," Leaf declared, returning attention to him ",this means you will probably feel shifting over the next few weeks. This is so erratic that when you do turn, there's no saying you'll ever be human again." "Well than give me the cure!" Deatharrows yelled.

Scourge interrupted. "No." he said solemnly, returning to his more serious demeanor. "Well why not?" Deatharrows asked. "My reasoning is simple." Scourge said. "You have killed only unworthy foes. You have done nothing to make you worthy of my cure." Deatharrows was desperate and tried to reason as best he could. "Look, I don't care what it takes, I'll do anything to get that cure. If you make me, I'll kill 10 dragons with my bare hands. Just please give me a chance." Scourge treated Deatharrows with respect and answered with mercy. "Very well. You may join the Monster Hunters and prove your worth. I feel that your skill goes beyond an assassin's, as does your fate." "Thank you sir! I swear by my life you won't regret this!" "I won't." Scourge though to himself. He sensed potential in Deatharrows, that his tale would span the entire world, and perhaps beyond.

Deatharrows felt ready in his bed. He had been put in a cage with a bed, with Leaf sleeping near by to stand guard. The cage wasn't uncomfortable. There was a bed, a chest, and even a blocked of corner with a toilet. This was not what concerned Deatharrows though. Our hero (or anti hero) was ready for adventure. Deatharrows was never a man to back down from a challenge, and fighting monsters and a monster within fit the challenge description perfectly. So Deatharrows slept, not knowing what tomorrow would bring, and loving every minute of it.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 6/14/2014 11:36:35 >
DF AQW  Post #: 8
6/29/2014 21:14:23   
deatharrows

Chapter 9
Beauty and the Beast

Everything was blackness. Deatharrows could see only black in all directions. He wandered forwards, bewildered. Where was he, what was going on? After waiting a minute, he decided the only thing to do was to move forward. After wandering around the blackness, Deatharrows stumbled upon a large white circle. He saw two figures in it. It appeared the one figure was bent over the other. He felt an odd inclination to approach the figures. So Deatharrows entered the circle and got a better look at the figures. What he saw was a sight of unspeakable horrors.

One of the shadowy characters appeared to be him. Deatharrows saw what seemed to be an exact replica of him. The replica had a large wound in it's chest. This was thanks to the second figure. The other shadowy character was revealed to be a large werewolf. It was eating the copy of Deatharrows. It had bits of his organs hanging from it's mouth. Deatharrows was horrified by this site. Suddenly, the werewolf stood from the Deatharrows copy and turned to face Deatharrows. It slowly started moving towards him, like a predator cornering it's prey. Deatharrows tried to back away, but he tripped.

As the creature advanced on him, he drew his bow in desperation. "Stay back or I'll put an arrows straight through your heart!" he shouted. The werewolf was unfazed. It was just above Deatharrows when he fired his arrow. The steel pierced the beast's heart. Rather than harming it, the arrow slowly melted into the werewolf's body. Deatharrows was totally stunned in fear. Finally the creature was above him. Instead of mauling him, the beast spoke. "If you don't embrace me, I will consume you." it said.

This statement terrified Deatharrows beyond belief. It wasn't that the werewolf was about to kill him, or that it was talking, or that it could absorb arrows. No, what inspired such fear in him was that the beast spoke in his voice. The words sounded as though he himself had said them. Interrupting his fear was a voice, booming in the distance. It was hard to make out, but he could almost swear it was saying wake up. Suddenly, Deatharrows felt a pain in his stomach and woke up.

"Are you ok lad?" asked the small Monster Hunter, Leaf Erdrickson. He stood outside Deatharrows's cage. "You were tossing and tumbling." he said with concern. "Did you have a nightmare?" "Yeah." Deatharrows admitted. "I think it was a glimpse of what's to come." Leaf looked at Deatharrows with genuine intrigue. He had heard of prophecies and and visions, but being of dwarfish upbringing, he doubted the legitimacy of these things. Deatharrows was an odd ball though.

In his short time being an Assassin, Deatharrows was rumored to have freed a town from bandits and killed the werewolf of Denizen Vill. Word had also spread that he was linked to the explosions near Oaklore a few weeks ago. Leaf decided that dreams that predicted the future might just be worth looking into. "Well would you care to elaborate?" Leaf asked "Ok." Deatharrows said. "Basically, I was in a world of all black and I was walking. Then I found a white circle within the blackness. In it, I saw..." Deatharrows paused. He found it difficult to think about the horror of what he saw.

After a few seconds, Leaf finally broke the silence. "You saw what?" he inquired. "Oh, sorry." Deatharrows said, being awoken from deep thought. "Well as I as saying, in the circle I saw myself. I was being eaten by a werewolf. I backed away as it chased me. I attempted to shoot it, but the arrow sunk into it's body. Then the monster cornered me and said the words If you don't embrace me, I will consume you." Leaf paused for a few seconds, processing the information he had been told. Finally he spoke up. "I think I know what that means." he said with confidence. "What is it?" Deatharrows asked. "Well," Leaf said, "I believe the werewolf represented your lycanthropy. It eating you is the lycanthropy taking over your body, or killing you. The lycan speaking with your voice may cement that. The words it said may mean that if you embrace your curse and stop fighting, you will become a very powerful lycan. If you resist the curse to the end, it may well kill you, or making you even more vicious."

Deatharrows took some time to think about this. "If I keep resisting, I could end up dead, or a utterly savage beast!" he thought in worry. "I have to pick retaining my humanity and pride, or give it up and become a werewolf. I don't want to die. No, I can't give in. I'm Deatharrows, savior of Crows' Paradise, slayer of the rake, and the greatest Assassin that lore's ever known." He started to gain confidence in himself. "I beat that witch Esmerelda. Oh yeah, if I give in, she's free to finish whatever sinister plot she's brewing. It's settled! I'm not letting this curse win! I'll find it's source and put an arrow right throw it's heart! Bulls Eye, dead in the center!"

Deatharrows finally spoke. "I've decided that no matter what the risk is, I'll fight this curse until my dying breath." "Your a brave man." Leaf said. "I respect you for your courage. Shame you've decided to follow the road of the Assassin. No matter! I'll discuss your status with Scourge, try and get him to give you that cure quicker. You will be going with a team of recruits to slay a Gorrillaphant down south in Surewood. Your leader will fill you in on the details."

Leaf unlocked Deatharrows cage and lead him outside. From there, they walked around the ice camp to a large tent. "This is the mess hall." Leaf said. "Go in and get some breakfast. Your leader will round you up later." Deatharrows started towards the entrance, but paused. "Hey Leaf!" he yelled. "What?" Leaf said. "Thanks for helping me figure that all out." Deatharrows said. "It's always good to have a friend to help you decide what to do. Especially when your choice means life or death." Leaf smiled at this. "It's really no problem." he said "You seem like an honorable man, especially for an Assassin." With that, the two parted ways.

Upon entering the mess hall, Deatharrows immediately remembered the Assassin's Guild. "I remember the old mess hall." he thought. "It was the majority of the dome that was the guild. I spent my time there, waiting for a contract. Thinking back on that, the King of Kill did see me a lot. Seeing as there were thousands of assassins, I guess I must of stood out quite a bit to get that much attention." He continued reminiscing on the past as he ate. As he finished his meal, Deatharrows heard some shouting. "Recruits on the Gorrillaphant hunt, get your lazy bums over here!" someone was yelling. "What a charismatic leader." he thought as he headed towards the person. "Would you happen to be the leader of the Gorrillaphant hunt?" Deatharrows asked the person. "Why yes I am." said the leader. As the leader turned around to face him, Deatharrows was shocked.

Facing Deatharrows, leading a team of new Monster Hunters, was a woman. The leader noticed Deatharrows expression, even through his mouth bandanna. "Oh bother." she said. "Listen, yes I'm a female. That doesn't mean I should be treated differently. I worked teeth and nail to earn my position here amongst the Monster Hunters. I expect to be treated with respect, no matter my gender. Are we clear?" Deatharrows immediately felt ashamed. It was rude of him to act shocked. He had seen female assassins before anyhow, so he had no reason to be surprised. "Sorry mam." he said with sincerity "It was rude of me to act surprised. I didn't mean to insult you."

The leader looked at Deatharrows for a bit, and finally let out a sigh. "It's fine recruit. No need to go beating yourself up over your expression. So shape up. I expect more of you, Deatharrows." "You know me mam?" Deatharrows asked. "Why yes I do." the leader said with a smile. "You've made a small name for yourself, what with your liberation of that town and that explosion in the mansion down by Oaklore. You've proven to be a skillful killer. Now you'll need to implement those skills on some more dangerous game than lords and bandits." Deatharrows took a second to look at his new commander.

She was a bit shorter than him, which is saying a lot since Deatharrows was a pretty tall guy. She was clad in leather armor, completely covering her body, but leaving her head exposed. She was thin, but still muscular. Her eyes were a dark blue and her hair was long and black. Right before the squad left, Deatharrows said something. "May I know your name mam?" the leader turned around to look at him. She smiled. "The names Arya Raynes. Now all you are Blood Kin. That means a team in the Monster Hunters. I am your Hunt Lord, your leader. We're going to determine wether you lot are good enough to be named Hunters. Some of you carry titles of old, but they mean nothing here. You all will start from the bottom and go to the top. Now onwards to glory!" Deatharrows and the rest of his Blood Kin raised a hand.

As the Blood Kin left, Arya fell back a bit. She told Deatharrows something."Hey, assassin." she said. "Yes mam?" he replied. "My father asked me to give you this." she said. Arya proceeded to hand Deatharrows an arrow. "Wait..." Deatharrows stared at the arrow until he realized what it was. "Hold on, this is a holy arrow!" he said in shock "Father heard from the King of Kill in his letter that you used one of these, and that you'd appreciate a replacement." Arya said. "Well that's all for now. We've got a day's journey ahead of us and morning won't be here forever." With that, Arya sped up and went to the front of the group.

The Blood Kin reached the end of the ice camp and boarded a boat. As they did, Deatharrows looked at the arrow. He noticed a letter on it. "What's this?" he thought to himself. It read "In case of annoying spell casters. From, Scourge." "From Scourge?" Deatharrows thought in confusion. "Wait that means... Arya's dad.... she's related to Scourge?!?!" Deatharrows was utterly bewildered. As they sailed towards the mainland, Deatharrows thought about what had happened since arriving in Dragesvard. He'd been chained up and kidnapped, forced to joint a guild, and now was going through something more. Deatharrows respected Arya as a hunter himself, and as she seemed extremely capable on her own, but he harbored other feelings for her. These feeling wouldn't be helpful considering her dad would likely cut him in half if he expressed them, and the fact that he had to worry about fighting the ever growing grip that lycanthropy had on him all the while.

And so our hero set forward, knowing he had many battles ahead of him. He would have to kill great beasts, gain the cure for lycanthropy, and deal with the ever self destructive entity within him known as love. The adventures Deatharrows sailed towards were great, and the saga of his journey to cure himself of lycanthropy was astounding, but Deatharrows knew that they weren't the only battles he would fight. The holy arrow and the story telling reminded him of the witch, Esmerelda. What was she planning and who was her master? He had the sinking feeling that he was the only person capable of answering these questions and stopping the evil plot. All of these things brewed inside him, like a potion of troubles and worries. One day, each and every one of them would be dealt with.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 6/29/2014 21:37:41 >
DF AQW  Post #: 9
8/5/2014 19:52:19   
deatharrows

Chapter 10
The Terror of Hatred

As they set sail for the mainland, Deatharrows took the opportunity to get to know his new Blood Kin. He looked around and saw two other recruits. The one was a shrimpy boy with blond hair. He was young, but seemed as though he hadn't once been in a battle. His armor and weaponry both looked regal. They were no ordinary weapons to be sure. However, the armor looked as though it was weighing him down. Deatharrows decided that this boy was likely highborn. Across from the boy was a man. This man was large, black haired, and bore an air of intimidation. He was muscular and had armor of great weight. His equipment was very ordinary, but they wore scratches showing that they had been used in plenty of battles. For as ordinary as his arsenal was, his sword had one unique feature. Upon it's steel hilt, a red eye was engraved. Deatharrows decided this was not the person he wanted to talk to for the rest of the ride.

After analyzing his new companions, Deatharrows decided to chat with the highborn boy. "Hey, you." Deatharrows said. "Hm?" the boy replied. "Who are you?" Deatharrows asked. "I- I'm Leon." he said nervously. Deatharrows took note of this. "You wouldn't happen to be highborn?" he inquired. "Yes, how'd you know?" Leon asked. "Judging by the look of your gear, you clearly had that all custom smithed." Deatharrows replied. "Actually, I didn't." Leon said, suddenly growing depressed. "What's the matter?" Deatharrows asked. "Well," Leon said, "I was actually forced into this by my father. You see, my father is George Thunderheart, proud decedent of the legendary warrior Leon Thunderheart."

Deatharrows was interested by this. "What did Leon do to gain the title of legendary?" Leon grew even more depressed. "He started as a humble Monster Hunter and one day slew the evil dragon Atlas. The reason this is an issue is that Leon's children all grew to be great warriors and this continued all the way down to my father. Now dad expects me to become a warrior of greatness. That's why he named me after his proud ancestor." "What's the issue there?" Deatharrows asked. "I mean can't you just tell him you don't want to be a warrior." Leon scoffed. "I wish it were that simple." he said. "I love reading. I actually want to become a librarian. However when I told dad that I didn't want to become a warrior, he told me that he'd send me here. Said this place would get the thundering pumping in my heart."

Judging by the look of this boy, Deatharrows could tell he was definitely no warrior. He tried to comfort his new friend. "Look, what's the harm in learning to fight? You just can pursue knowledge once you've become a fully fledged hunter." Leon looked at Deatharrows with disappointment in his ignorance. "Do you think I'll last a day here?" he asked rhetorically "I'm going to be slaughter by that Gorrillaphant! It'll use my bones as tooth picks! Actually, no. I'll probably be eaten by wolves on the road. An honorable end indeed." Leon then sunk into totally depression. Deatharrows was reminded of his situation by this.

"What if I transform and eat this poor boy?" he thought. "I would end this poor boy's life! I could kill everyone, even Arya! By the avatars, what will I do?" after a moment, Deatharrows regained his calm "I am going to beat this stupid curse, and then become the best Assassin on Lore!" he thought to himself, a fire now blazing in his heart. "Don't worry Leon." he said with a voice commanding power. "If anything even looks at you wrong, I'll put an arrow through it's skull." Leon looked up. He looked happy now. "Thanks man." he said. "I feel a lot better that I have a friend like you watching my back. You know, you look like you could eat a wolf if it tried at you." "Actually," Deatharrows said, "there was an incident about a month ago involving bandits, wolves, and a hostage situation."

Just then, Arya intervened. "Sorry to stop the fun, but we've hit land!" Looking up, Deatharrows saw a vast area of volcanic activity. The ground was cracked and pouring magma, and there was a massive Volcanoe that looked ready to erupt. "Now to prevent the incineration of our new recruits, I've brought a little gadget to help us pass." Arya said. Then, she took a flak from her pouch. She proceeded to poor it on the ground. Suddenly, the cracked ground cooled and turned into a paved road, leading directly to Surewood. "You're incredible." Deatharrows thought aloud. "I'm what?" Arya asked. "Um, nothing. I was saying the scenery was unforgettable." Arya looked extremely amused by this. "Aren't you just adorable?" she mocked him. "Let's just head out." Deatharrows said, quite embarrassed.

As they began they journey towards Surewood, Arya gave the Blood Kin some trivia about their current location. "As most of you probably know, this is the volcanic region near Warlic the Blue Mage's tent. The massive fiery landscape is perfect for one of it's denizens, Xan. Xan is of course the Mad Pyromancer who burnt down Lyncrest. He is known to send elementals to cause havoc, so be weary." As they walked, Deatharrows noticed something in the distance. On the fiery ground, a group of hooded figures were surrounding a statue. Deatharrows had to look very closely to figure out that it was a statue of an eye. While he normally would ignore this behavior, dismissing them as psychotic cultists, he noticed the statue of the eye was bleeding out the pupil. This was black magic to be sure. He decided it was time to act.

"Hey Arya?" he called. "Yes?" she replied. "I noticed some cult activity in the distance. I think we ought to do something." Arya seemed intrigued. "Alright, let's go." she said. "Take lead Assassin. Everyone is now following Deatharrows! He is leading us to a group of law breakers!" "Are they bandits?" Leon asked nervously." "Nay." Deatharrows replied. "Cultists." Leon shuttered. "Why me?". So the Blood Kin headed towards the statue. The ground was warm and uncomfortable, but the threat seemed big enough so that the pain was worth it. Finally they reached the statue. "What's going on here?" Deatharrows asked one of the figures. As it turned around, it's hood fell down. Deatharrows gasped. Staring at him was a white eyed man that looked identical to the creature he fought in the mansion. "The mistress waits for you." it said in a voice that sounded almost as though it came from another being entirely.

Deatharrows saw that there were six figures in total. The other five approached and removed their hoods. They looked exactly like the first one. Deatharrows was shocked. "What the heck is going on!?!?" Arya said in shock. There was a thunk as Leon fainted. The other man stood, silent as the night. Deatharrows remembered that the creature from the mansion served the witch Esmerelda. "Could she control more of these monstrosities?" he wondered. Then he got an idea. Deatharrows knocked an arrow and aimed for the first creature. "Well you can tell your mistress that she can come talk to me herself if she's want me to care!" As he fired, the robed creatures dissipated into thin air. A booming voice emerged from the Eye statue. "I'm afraid not little one. You're an interesting specimen, but not enough to take my attention in full. For now enjoy my treat in Surewood." with that, the voice vanished and the statue collapsed.

Deatharrows let out a cry of rage. Esmerelda had the nerve to toy with him? And she wanted to manipulate events in Surewood? "When I find her again, I'm putting the holy arrow through her heart!" he thought. "Well- let's be going now." Deatharrows was confused. "You aren't surprised by this, either of you?" The man shook his head. Arya spoke up. "I've known black magic like this my whole life. My family might be cursed. Dad says it's grandma." "What's up with your grandma?" Deatharrows asked. "Sorry, but I can't talk about that right now." Arya said. She looked like she really wanted to, but remained silent. "Wait..... Leon!" she gasped. The other man lifted Leon up, revealing his face was sunburnt. He awoke saying "What happened?" The Blood Kin chuckled, with the exclusion of the silent man. Then they found the path, and continued towards Surewood.

They had made it past the Blue Mage's tent, and Deatharrows was bored out of his mind. He decided to share words with Arya. "Hey, Arya." "Yes, Ari?" she replied mockingly. "First," he said "don't call me that. Second, I'm curious, what do you tend to do when you're not hunting?" "Well look who's interested in me?" she said "Hey, I'm just trying to get to know my leader!" he said "By the avatars, your a terrible liar." she laughed. "Aw shut up!" Deatharrows replied indigently. "Well if you so interested I like to practice archery. You want to practice with me?" she asked. "Sure." Deatharrows said gleefully. "I mean I think you could use the practice, considering you missed a man that was right in front of your." "You know, mockery is the greatest form of flattery" he chuckled. Slowly, the Blood Kin neared the Gorrillaphant's lair. As they approached Leon said something. "Deatharrows?" "Yes Leon?" Deatharrows replied. "I might die here." he said. "Knowing that, I want to tell you you're horrible at flirting." Deatharrows proceeded to hit Leon in the back of the head. The two laughed. "This may not be so bad after all." Deatharrows thought to himself.

Finally, they were at the Gorillaphant's lair, a sizable cave. "Blood Kin, approach with caution!" Arya said quietly. As the group sneaked in, they saw a whole load of Gorrillaphant's that looked like they were sleeping. "The job was for one Gorrillaphant!" Deatharrows whispered to Arya. "Wait." Arya said. "These Gorrillaphants aren't sleeping. They're dead." To his horror, Deatharrows found they were dead. On further inspection, the Gorrillaphants' had dents in their heads, and limbs missing. "What could of done this?" Deatharrows wondered aloud. At the end of the cave, a Gorrillaphant rose. The noise had drawn the beast's attention. As it turned towards him, Deatharrows saw the beast was covered in blood, and had glowing red eyes. His fur had grown black, unlike his white furred brethren. In it's hand was a Gorrillaphant arm, half eaten. "Well," Arya said, "I think you have you answer."

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 8/17/2014 15:52:52 >
DF AQW  Post #: 10
8/17/2014 17:07:59   
deatharrows

Chapter 11
Legends Never Die

Without hesitation, the Gorrillaphant charged the Blood Kin. Deatharrows and Arya rolled out of the way, while Leon collapsed. The silent man through Leon out of the way and the side stepped the beast. The group was split, Deatharrows and Arya on the left of the Gorrillaphant, Leon and the man on the right. Being up close, Deatharrows noticed the beast was far larger than most Gorrillaphants. Its tusks were sharper, and its arms stronger.

After noticing the lack of corpses at his feet, the Gorrillaphant charged Arya. She was backed into a wall, so Arya rolled away, causing the brute to get his tusks stuck in the wall. Arya was wise though, and backed up, narrowly escaping before the beast began flailing its arms. "Strike now, before it can escape!" she yelled. Deatharrows nodded and began to fire at its head, while the silent man charged it. Meanwhile, Leon slowly staggered to his feet.

Deatharrows arrows landed right in the beast's skull. "Yes," he yelled, "bulls eye!" The Gorrilaphant, however, only started flailing with greater fury. "Huh?" Deatharrows said. Just then, he noticed the Gorrillaphant's head had a skull so thick, that the arrow only scratched the surface of it. Meanwhile, the silent man swung his blade at the Gorrillaphant's leg. Upon contact, the beast's leg started to to super heat. The beast roared in rage, and it caved in the cave wall trapping its tusks. It let out another cry of fury, and spun around, knocking the Blood Kin to the ground.

Slowly the beast approached Arya. She tried to get up, but her knee caps had been caved in by the hit, immobilizing her. Deatharrows was suddenly filled with vigor. A voice that wasn't his own filled his mind. "That thing is nothing. We can't let it touch the girl." Deatharrows rose, and charged the Gorrillaphant, knives in hand. He got behind the monster and sliced at his legs, making it topple. The beast was enraged by this, and swatted Deatharrows to the ground. The silent man rose, and once again swung his blade at the monster, hitting it in the arm. The scar it left oozed blood.

Something was wrong though... the blood was to dark, and it was hardening. The beast's eyes flashed, and it quickly rose to throw the silent man to the wall. The force of collision knocked him unconscious. Then, it smashed Deatharrows, leaving him stuck in the ground. It approached Arya, but Leon dove in front of her, sword at the ready, the Gorrillaphant rose it's hand. "By the avatars, it'll kill Leon... and then.... Arya." These words passed through Deatharrows's head. As he tried to stand, he fell. His head faced outside the cave. "How odd..." he thought. "It's a.... full moon...."

Suddenly, Deatharrows felt the vigor he felt before pulsing through his veins. It was even stronger this time. "Yes..." said a powerful voice. "Let me help..." Deatharrows closed his eyes, and faded out of consciousness. In his place now stood something entirely different. In the hole, rather than a ambitious brown haired assassin, was a silver furred werewolf. It rose, at let out a howl. The howl echoed with power, purpose, and most importantly, hunger. The werewolf Tackled the Gorrillaphant. He took a large bite out of the Gorrillaphant's leg.

The beast howled in pain, and through the werewolf off of it. The two combatants then rose. Both had eyes of glowing red, and both desired flesh. The Gorrillaphant struck the wolf down, only to be clawed at a moment later. Slowly, the Gorrillaphant took damage. Eventually, the beast was weak, and slumped down. Seeing his opportunity, the werewolf pounced, and bit the Gorrillaphant in the neck, ending its mystery. Then, it began to feast. Arya and Leon gazed on in horror as the once terrifying menace was devoured by what used to be their friend.

A few minutes later, the wolf had eaten the entirety of the Gorrillaphant. "What are you?" Arya asked in horror. "I," the wolf bellowed, "am Lupus! I am the hunter in the soul of the mortal known as Deatharrows! He fought me, but now I'm free to feast!" Then, Lupus approached Arya and Leon. Arya was still crippled and incapable of moving, but Leon stood strong. "Y-you won't hurt my leader!" Leon yelled. He pointed his sword at the approaching werewolf. Lupus let out a laugh. "And how will you stop me?" he asked, amused by Leon's futile attempt at stoping him. "Leon." Arya said weakly. "Just run boy! We both know you can't fight for the life of you!"

Leon was struggling to stand. Still, stand he did. He then spoke. "I am Leon Thunderheart!" he yelled "I am son of George Thunderheart, and descendant of Leon Thunderheart, slayer of Atlas! I will strike you down and make you return my friend!" Lupus was infuriated by this insolence. He returned to his more bestial state, and charged Leon, ready to pounce. Leon held his sword high, and swung his blade. Out of the blade, lighting struck. Lupus howled in pain as a storm of electricity was shot at him. Finally, the blade emitted on powerful shock, and Lupus was knocked unconscious.

Lupus emerged into a black world, with only one light. In it, Deatharrows stood. "Give me back my body, you filthy mutt." Lupus was infuriated, and rushed Deatharrows. Deatharrows friend and arrow, piercing Lupus's foot. The werewolf howled in pain. Deatharrows fired yet another arrow into the other foot. Lupus began to wimper. As Deatharrows readied his next arrow, and aimed for the wolf's head, he paused. "There's not enough room in this body for the both of us." he said. Lupus smiled, revealing his wolfish teeth. "Agreed." he said, as the arrows dissipated from his feet. Deatharrows and Lupus punched each other, the plane of blackness dissipated, giving way to a dreamless sleep.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 8/18/2014 12:51:06 >
DF AQW  Post #: 11
5/2/2015 19:04:45   
deatharrows

Chapter 12
The Pit

Deatharrows slowly opened his eyes. His vision was blurred, his eyes weary after a lengthy slumber. After a while, his vision cleared, as the room around him took shape. He was in a stone cell, mossy, poorly maintained. He tried to stand, but found he couldn't. Looking down, he found his arms and legs chained to the ground. "So, you've finally come around." a voice said "Who's there?" Deatharrows asked loudly. outside his cell, a guard behind a barred down shuttered. "You needn't shout at that poor fleshing." the voice said. Slowly, a spectral image of the werewolf Lupus visualized before Deatharrows's eyes. "You!" Deatharrows shouted. The guard raised he shield and muttered a prayer. Lupus laughed, neigh, howled with amusement. "Oh forgive me." Lupus said "I've been in control of our body for 3 days now, just foaming our mouth at him and growling. He's so scared of us, I'm pretty sure he's jumping at shadows. I do enjoy a good joke coming together. I'm just a projection for the record, my true self lurks in your mind."

Deatharrows was puzzled by the light conjecture coming from Lupus. From the only experience Deatharrows had with Lupus, he had come off as a blood thirsty monster, devoid of humor. But here he was, making jokes and spitting quips like a dragon spits fire. "Hold on, I take it we're in prison, are we not?" Deatharrows thought "Why are you so calm, and if you've had my body right in your paws, why didn't you use your were wolf power to escape this cell?" Lupus looked at Deatharrows with disappointment. "Come now, you don't think I didn't try that, do you? They've sedated our body with medicine, preventing me from coming out in this glorious form you see before you, and will continue to do so. You fleshlings are so pitiful, weak with the sword and tiny with the mind." "Forgive me if that's not to insulting coming from the over grown house pet." Deatharrows though. Lupus's demeanor suddenly grew more serious. "You dare call me a mere dog!?!?" Lupus asked with rage. "It is due to your resistance that we were knocked out by that little worm's spell! Now we've been imprisoned in this Avatar forsaken hole of Death. And you call me the dog, pitiful weakling."

At this moment Deatharrows remember that he could resist Lupus. "Yeah, I did fight you off earlier, didn't I?" Deatharrows thought snidely. Before Lupus could protest, Deatharrows used his mental fortitude to block Lupus off. "Now I can think to myself" Deatharrows thought. "I remember everything up to the werewolf, Lupus I believe, taking my body for himself. Then he did something, but before he could touch any of the Blood Kin, Leon took him down, with a bit of help from me. Then I put both of us in a coma, to which Lupus awoke from earlier. I can only assume this situation is his fault. Maybe I should as that guard." Deatharrows called for the guard, who headed his call immediately out of fear. Deatharrows noticed the guard had very fine armor on. Armor that, if his memory served, belonged to King Alteon's soldiers. "Guard, answer me a question." Deatharrows said. "Um, y- yes sir." the guard stuttered. "Where in the world are we?" Deatharrows asked. "The Swordhaven dungeon, in Swordhaven of course." the guard responded. "You were placed in here on the order of Arya Raynes of the Monster Hunters for the crime of attacking her and her Blood Kin."

Deatharrows was shocked by this statement. He saved Arya, he was in her Blood Kin. "I see." Deatharrows said. "Well thanks for the information. Sorry for the past 3 days." the guard looked dismayed. "You're welcome sir?" the guard said in confusion "I'm not really used to you doing much more than letting out a snarl." Just then a fat soldier knocked the guard out of the way. "Oy," the soldier boomed, "I guess the mutt's awake. You're definitely one ugly little devil." "Try looking in the mirror sir." Deatharrows said. "You'd learn a lot about how to recognize a troll, wait, make that an obese troll." The soldier looked enraged. "Why you little tramp!" the soldier yelled. "I'll cut your bleeding tongue off! Now come with me, your about to learn a whole new meaning of pain." The soldier unlocked Deatharrows and started dragging him somewhere.

Lupus returned to Deatharrows's mind. "Why don't you kill him, you know we could do it with ease?" Lupus asked. "The fool is a disgrace to warriors, and I smell cowardice in his breath." "Use your brain mutt." Deatharrows thought. "If I kill him, the rest of the guards will kill me. Even if I do escape, I'll be pursued endlessly. The better course of action is to wait this out, piece together why Arya betrayed me, and then plot my escape from there." Lupus was surprised by Deatharrows's response. "Hm, a wise plan. Your cunning is one of the few traits of yours I admire. I was truly born of a worthy fleshling." "What do you mean born of?" Deatharrows thought. Lupus just laughed and said "Another time." and then faded away.

After a few minutes of being pushed and shoved by the soldier, Deatharrows was brought to his destination. It was a massive, square pit. Each level housed cells upon cells of criminals. The soldier walked Deatharrows down the levels, as people eyed him up. At last, they reached the bottom floor. "Welcome to home sweet nightmare." he said with a grin. "This is where we house the magic beings, and the worst criminals of all. Call it the pit. You'll be right next to ol' green skin over there." he pointed to an orc. He was towering being, appearing to be around 12 feet tall, and had arms of steel it seemed. "Oh joy." Deatharrows thought. The soldier shoved Deatharrows into his cell. "Before I leave your ugly hide to rot, I have a present for you." the soldier said. He hand Deatharrows a bottle, with what appeared to be a paper stuck inside it. "Curtesy of Ms. Raynes. I guess the broad wanted to mock you before you rotted with the rest of this trash. Well have fun with these little rays of sunshine." With those parting words, the soldier left.

Deatharrows was about to read the letter, when he remembered something. "Lupus?" he thought. The image of the werewolf appeared before him. "I was sleeping in preparation for our next battle. What do you need fleshling?" "Earlier you referred yourself in my body as us, and said you were born from me." Deatharrows said. "What of it?" Lupus asked. "What I want to ask you is, if your just another side of me, invoked by my lycanthropy, then what did those words mean?" Deatharrows asked. Lupus grinned a wolfish grin. "Oh you poor soul." Lupus said mockingly. "You don't understand me at all. I'm not just you but a werewolf, I am a product of your strong personality and ambition combining with the blessing lycanthropy to create a new version of you. I was born when the blessing started infecting you. The combination of the metallic werewolf's unique DNA, and your strong will and ambition resulted in the lycanthropy being unable to morph you. However, it could make a new side of you, created from the traits you still posses and use, but generally undermine, the urge to fight, the thirst for blood, and I would say your ego, but I believe we share that trait."

Lupus's words took Deatharrows aback. "So you mean to tell me your not another personality of mine, but instead parts of me evolved into some sort of separate being living inside me?" he thought. Lupus let out a laugh and nodded "Well then, I have bad news for you, mutt." Deatharrows thought with confidence. "I'm still going to get that cure, and when I do, I'll relish in hearing your screams and your death." Lupus was surprised, but then smiled. "Well then, we'll see which of us is truly the greater warrior. You are a most worthy adversary assassin." Lupus then slowly vanished.

Deatharrows was determined to get that cure, which reminded him of the Monster Hunters. Why had Arya imprisoned him, betrayed him? He popped the bottle open, took the note out, and began reading. "Hey Death!" the letter opened. Deatharrows was confused at the casual opening, but decided to read on. "So I get it if your confused as to why I put you in jail. Well to explain that, I have to explain a much more embarrassing story. I, Arya, the most kind hearted person, was told to deceive you by my father. I was to put a love potion in your meal that morning, and out of respect for my father and my position (and an admitted love for some good ol' hi-jinx) I took part in the act. That's why you were so taken with me, aside from my amazing beauty and magnetic personality. Any how, I'll have to stop kidding now. You're transformation was unexpected, but it helped the next part of the plan. Father wanted me to feign injury after the battle with our targets, since the regular Gorrillaphants would never have layed a finger on us, and knock you unconscious when you came to help me out. I would then have brought you to Swordhaven and claimed you attacked us. You were left unconscious after Leon's attack, however, so things worked themselves out. The reason you were planted there was that a monster is lurking in the prison, unlike most. It's been picking off prisoners, and chances are it'll start to leave the prison once it gets tired. Find it, kill it, and when the news reaches us, I'll get you out.
Sincerely
~Arya Raynes
"

Deatharrows thought this made perfect sense, save for the love potion. Not only was he embarrassed that such a thing would pass his guard, but confused. It seemed to out of character for a serious, honest man like Scourge to perform such treacherous tricks as using love potions and his own daughter to deceive someone. Deatharrows couldn't stop pondering this matter, as it haunted him through the night. Also haunting him were worries of Lupus, escape, and that strange Orc in the cell next to him. As he lay in his bed, he could almost hear a whisper. The whisper in the air said "Revenge"

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 5/25/2015 11:13:57 >
DF AQW  Post #: 12
6/8/2015 14:50:27   
deatharrows

Chapter 13
The Tale of Ogrim DreadMaul

The sounds of paws hitting the ground echoed through the hallway, as the creature pursued Deatharrows. As it advanced, the torch light illuminated it, revealing it to be a large silver furred dire wolf. Right as the wolf was about to pounce, a large spear like object pierced it through the head, and continued into Deatharrows's leg. It advanced as Deatharrows clenched his teeth from the pain in his leg, and just as the creature was about to be hit by the light of the torch, Deatharrows's vision blurred, as his eyes opened. He was in his cell, as a large spear like arm extended from outside the cell. It was heading right towards him.

Deatharrows assessed that he was in danger, and quickly rolled off his bed, and jumped on the object. Try though he might, Deatharrows found himself incapable of breaking it, finding the object to be much more durable than he thought. Then, it wrapped him up, and pulled him towards the bars of the cage. "Wait, it responded to my attack." Deatharrows thought. "This thing isn't a weapon, its conscious. What in the Avatars name is that?" Through the bars, Deatharrows saw a set of glowing red eyes that appeared to be almost radiating. Suddenly, a light appeared from the far side of the cell, as torches illuminated the area. The creature let go of Deatharrows, and fled into the darkness.

Approaching the cell were two guards, one of which Deatharrows recognized as the guard who brought him into the pit level of the Swordhaven dungeon. That guard stepped up, and spoke into the cell. "Thank you for this delightful present mutt." the guard said with a large smirk. "What are you talking about?" Deatharrows asked. The guard looked amused by this statement. "You play dumb all you like, that vampire lord didn't kill himself." the guard said. "We saw that his heart was torn out, and it wasn't lying around anywhere, so its safe to say it was eaten. I know you'll eat a trash can if there's a slice of steak in it, mutt, but I'd think you'd hold yourself to higher standards than organs." "But I never left my cell!" Deatharrows yelled defensively. "That whole in the bars would say otherwise." the guard said, pointing to a spot along the cell in which multiple bars had been seemingly cut off. "Now that you've attempted to escape I have the pleasure of being able to put you down. Before I send you to Death's Gate, I have to thank you for taking care of that vampire for me. The thing always creeped me out, hissing and licking its lips when I walked by."

Deatharrows was starting to worry. His journey couldn't end here, he hadn't became the most infamous assassin on Lore, and he hadn't gotten to find out what Esmerelda's mysterious machinations were. "When you reach the land of the dead, tell them Sir James sent you." the guard said. The guard drew his sword, and had the other guard hold Deatharrows. Right before he swung his sword, a loud voice boomed into the cell. "The assassin did not kill the vampire." the voice said. James dropped his sword. "My apologies, I was under the wrong impression." James said. "We'll just have a mage patch up these bars and continue investigating." "Why are you listening to the inmate?" the other guard said. James grew infuriated and struck the other guard in the back of the helmet with his sword, rendering him unconscious. As he exited, carrying the other guard, he said to Deatharrows, "You got lucky, mutt." Deatharrows simply smiled. "What's so funny?" James asked. "You told me your name." Deatharrows said. "Now I know who I'll be killing before I make my escape." James just kept walking away, shrugging off the comment.

Deatharrows suddenly remembered it was the prisoner in the cell next to him who had saved his life. "Thanks for the help." Deatharrows said. "How'd you know it wasn't me who killed the vampire though?" "A good warrior can react to his opponents moves well enough to win a single encounter before falling on the battle field. A great warrior can tell what an opponent will do before they do it and slay a good dozen men before meeting there end. A warrior who inspires respect and fear to hundreds of thousands can sense the very life force of those around him, and can slay hundreds with every swing of his weapon." Deatharrows was confused by this, until he remembered that with the vampire dead, the only one next to him was the colossal orc. A being that large who was dangerous enough to warrant a cell in the pit must have had quite some array of skills to earn what infamy he had. "So, you sensed I didn't leave my room?" Deatharrows asked. "No, I sensed another presence near the vampire's cell before his life force was extinguished." the orc said. "On any ordinary occasion I would care not for the affairs of you, or anyone else in this pitiful excuse for a jail, but the force that killed the vampire it was something beyond the elementals, a power beyond the Avatar's control." "What, like good or evil forces?" Deatharrows asked. "No." the orc said. "The force was overflowing with power, as though it was a substance being pent up for years, like some wild and primal emotion, capable of pitting brother against brother, starting wars, and ending empires. It was a power like that which I wielded back in my prime."

"So," Deatharrows asked, "you're worried this thing will kill us all?" "That's not it." the orc said. "I could destroy that being with ease, but that force has reminded me of my old ambition and power. Furthermore, it shared a link with your essence. If you can inspire a primal power like the one the being gave off to be awakened, then you are a warrior worthy of my respect. I need your help to escape this place and regain my lost glory." Deatharrows was surprised by this statement. Not so much that this warrior of unknown strength thought Deatharrows to be above his level, but more that Deatharrows was connected to this force. "At the same time," Deatharrows thought, "I had a dream about some monster just like the one that attacked me and killed the vampire directly before I was attacked. I'll have to delve into the recesses of my mind and see what this could mean."

"So, will you help me escape?" the orc asked. "Yes, but I just ask that you give me your name and explain how you ended up in here." Deatharrows said. The orc sighed. "My story is a long one." He said. "A saga of bloody battles, glory, and treachery. My name is Ogrim DreadMaul. I was the last great orcish warlord. I was born in the lava ridden mountains of the elemental foothills back 50 years ago. From birth, people knew I was great. I killed my father and took his mantle as Chief of my clan at the age of 12, and stood 8 feet tall. I also took from him our family weapon, the DreadMaul. A mace that can shatter shields, carve up mountains, and even bring dragons to their knees. At the age of 20, I decided I would bring glory to the orcs that we hadn't had in centuries. I started invading and conquering nearby clans, adding them to my army, until I had 50,000 orcs following my orders. From there, I moved to the East side of the continent, were we carved a bloody path out for ourselves, taking cities, slaying armies, and writing our names into the history of Lore with blood. When we reached Doom Wood, I met my first human wife in Amityvile. After she impaled one of my soldiers on his own sword for coming onto her, I knew she had a fire in her that shone brighter than any of my orcish wives." Ogrim smiled at that last statement, as though enjoying a fond memory.

"To my pleasant surprise, my wife had a gift for war, and managed to double my army's size and strength. Before meeting her, I had my doubts wether we would be able to take Sword Haven or not, but with her help, it was practically guaranteed we'd win, that was until the we reached the capital. The day before we planned to laid siege to Sword Haven, my two human sons betrayed me, defeating me in combat. Rather than follow our tradition and take control of my army, after giving me an honorable death, they instead handed me over to the king, to rot in a dungeon, and scattered my army across the land. I don't know what became of my wife, but chances are she's still out there. She was a strong woman, and a gifted one as well. I got thrown in here, lost DreadMaul to some historians, and my power faded with my pride."

"Wow, that was an interesting story." Deatharrows said. "What's your story?" Ogrim asked. "How did a mere human wind up in the pit?" Deatharrows sighed. "I," Deatharrows said, "don't have much of a story. I was a kid who was exposed to the wrongdoings of nobles, I grew to resent the world we lived in, and I wanted to make a change. Then, the mayor of my home town, a man who harassed my family frequently, was killed before my eyes. The killer tossed me a coin, winked at me, and then vanished, as though into the air. After researching the matter, I learned that the killer was an assassin, and I realized that my calling was being an assassin, and being the blade of the common people." "A humble origin, but what happened in between then and now?" Ogrim asked. "Nothing that would interest a warlord like yourself." Deatharrows said. "When we get out, get me a few drinks and some meat, and maybe I'll divulge into my past a bit more." Ogrim chuckled at this. "Good." Deatharrows thought. "He has a sense of humor. Based of his story he also feel emotions like anyone else, especially a strong sense of pride. If need be, I can use that against him."

With that, Deatharrows went to sleep. He dreamt that he was on a tower, with a monster closing in on him. Next to Deatharrows was a wolf, growling at the beast. Together, he and the wolf engaged the beast in combat. Deatharrows awoke to James's annoying voice booming in his ear. "Get up mutt!" James yelled. "We've got some work for you to do." Deatharrows was brought through a tunnel that led to a large gold mine. James thrust a pickaxe into his hands and told him to get to it. As he mined, Deatharrows planned out his escape. "First I need to track down that monster like Arya said to." he thought. "I'll need some bait to do that. I know the creature eats humans, has some connection to me, so I could do it, but I'd need someone to help me deal with it. Before that though, I need figure out how to kill this monster. It eats flesh, possesses glowing red eyes, and is powered by some kind of force...."

Deatharrows remembered something at that point. The Gorrillaphant had red eyes, ate flesh, and was clearly powered by some unknown force. Could the two monsters be in some way connected? A shove to the back broke Deatharrows's focus. Turning around, Deatharrows found the culprit to be a bald man, fairly sized and fair in stature. "Hey there pal." the man said. "I noticed you mined up quite some amount of gold. That much gold added to my amount would certainly earn me some favor with the guards, maybe even a chance to win my freedom. I'll just be borrowing it from you." Deatharrows tripped the man and promptly put a pickaxe to his neck. "Please don't kill me!" the man whimpered. "I'll do anything, just spare me!" Deatharrows pondered what to do, before he thought of something. Later, at night, Deatharrows lied under his bed, wearing the man's clothes. The man lied in the center of Deatharrows's cell, wearing Deatharrows's clothes with rope tied around his arms, legs, and mouth. His screams for help were muffled by the rope. Seeing as he was just another inmate, the guards didn't blink an eye when they noticed he wasn't in his cell. Then a set of red eyes appeared in the darkness outside the cell.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 6/22/2015 13:06:57 >
DF AQW  Post #: 13
6/22/2015 15:00:38   
deatharrows

Chapter 14
Into the Shadows

Deatharrows hid under his bed, using all of his composure to remain silent. He had planned this, the beast would break into his cell, and he would flank it and use the pickaxe he had stolen to end its life before it could attack the decoy he had laid out. A pair of spear like appendages creaked through the gaps, and easily bent the bars outwards. "Perfect, its taking the bait." Deatharrows thought. "Now I just need to wait for it to come in." The monster then emitted rays of light from its eyes, covering the room in a red light. Suddenly Deatharrows felt a searing pain in his arm. He looked down to find a strange symbol searing into his flesh. Upon his right arm rested an eye shaped scar.

The monster advanced, slicing off the decoy's head. Deatharrows rolled out of the way as an arm burst through his bed, nearly impaling him. As he got to his feet, he tried to see the monster. However, it seemed the emission had blurred his vision, leaving him only able to see a vague shape. He could tell his opponent was much larger than him, roughly the size of three bears. "Alright, things aren't looking good." Deatharrows thought. "Still, I've lived this long, and I'm not going to let myself die to this thing." He evaded another jab from a spear arm, shooting right by his right arm. The creature spat out a noxious liquid. Deatharrows rolled away, but noticed it two was aimed at his right arm. "It keeps aiming for my right arm, and it gave me the scar...." Deatharrows jolted as he came to a realization. "The scar, it's aiming for the scar!"

Deatharrows quickly formulated a plan around his new theory. He stuck his arm out, and as the spear arm approached, Deatharrows moved his arm and grabbed the creature's appendage. The monster grew even more violent, shaking Deatharrows into the ceiling and floor. Deatharrows endured the pain of the collisions, and as the creature grew exhausted, Deatharrows took advantage of the opportunity. He quickly jumped up and brought his knee down on the monster's arm, breaking it. The monster let out a screech of pain and fury, as it retracted its arm. Deatharrows felt a surge of confidence. "Its not invincible." He thought. "I can take it down!"

Deatharrows saw a blurry object hurtling towards him. He tried to move, but his body had taken to much damage from the beast's last assault. Suddenly, Deatharrows felt a sharp pain in his torso. He tried to move, but another surge of pain flowed over his body. Looking down, Deatharrows saw a large arm skewering him. As he tried to remove it, he coughed up blood. The creature slowly approached, bearing what seems to be a slimy arm where its broken arm had been. Deatharrows struggled to remove the arm from his body, but the waves of pain destroyed what energy he had left. Looking forward at the monster, completely prepared to end his life, Deatharrows gave up. "It was fun while it lasted." He thought sadly, as tears began to stream from his eyes. "Damn it, I don't want to die like this!" "Then don't" a voice said to him.

Deatharrows felt his body enlarging, as fur grew from his skin. The pain evaporated, and he went into a dreamy state. Lupus let out a proud howl, finally free to hunt. He took the arm that had speared him in the stomach, and bit at it. He quickly ate away the arm, and pulled the remnants from his body. The monster advanced still, seemingly unfazed by Deatharrows's transformation. Lupus's body began to heal, as the wound slowly closed. "It's time to begin the hunt." Lupus said, confident of his victory. However, a look of dread poured over him as his sharp vision showed him what the monster was.

It was a gargantuan spider. The creatures face was pitch black, with its four eyes glowing with red light. Its body was covered in protective back scales rather than fur. Its arms were large white bones, shaped like spears. Its teeth were massive smoothed obsidian daggers, coated in a poisonous green ooze. It began to stab at Lupus, who franticly dodged out of the way. Lupus was then backed into a corner, as the spider speared his arms. As it opened its mouth, Lupus saw a flaming red skull shoot out at him. Lupus ducked his head, evading the blast. Trying to regain his confidence, Lupus quickly prepared to escape. "I am running from a bug!" He thought to himself. "I am Lupus, a proud werewolf! I am never the hunted, for I am the greatest of hunters!" He let out a howl was he bit through one of the spider's arms. As it recoiled from pain, Lupus scratched its eyes.

Infuriated, the spider removed its other arm from Lupus, and shot it at his head. Lupus ran under the spider to evade the attack, and pounced onto its back. "Wait, Lupus!" Deatharrows's voice boomed in Lupus's head. "What is it assassin?" Lupus thought as he started clawing at the spider. "You don't have the scar!" he said. "That means it's acting without discretion!" "What does that mean?" Lupus thought. Suddenly, the spider flung itself into the wall. Lupus was sprawled off of its back and onto the floor.

The spider started launching a barrage upon Lupus, as stabs and jabs flew at the wolf. Lupus managed to evade most of the attacks, but was wounded in his leg and arm. As the spider caught him, Lupus realized his body was no longer regenerating. "Damn, my rush of power when I took control finally wore off." he thought. As an arm flew at his head, Lupus suddenly shrunk down, causing the strike to land right over Deatharrows's head. The spider grew even more furious, and as Deatharrows made for the bars of the cell, it finally lost all composure, as it was enveloped in rage. Deatharrows fled to the stairs, glancing back to see the monster flailing, bringing about tremors and shakes as it rampaged. As he made it to the exit of the pit, Deatharrows saw the spider, stampeding towards him, with a look of pure hatred beaming from its red eyes.

Above him, Deatharrows could hear guards coming down the stairs. Deatharrows decided to take his chances with the guards, as the spider started climbing out of the pit after him. As he rushed up the spiraled staircase, Deatharrows finally saw the guards. He saw there were five in total. As one yelled for him to stop, he grabbed the spear out of his hands and used it to knock him unconscious. Deatharrows dodged the spear jab of the next guard, and flipped him over. As the rest of the guards prepared to attack him, the spider came into their view. Poison dripping from its fangs, it was mere feet behind Deatharrows. The guards picked up their unconscious friends and ran. Deatharrows followed suit, as he tried to hatch a plan.

"If they find me again, I'll be executed." He thought. "No, I'll need to find a place to hide, from the guards and this behemoth." Just then, the stair case opened up into a hallway. In it, Deatharrows saw a ventilation graft in the ceiling. "Its just large enough for a man to fit in." He thought. "But can I even get in...." The spider pounced at him, now directly behind Deatharrows. "Well, the time for thought's behind me." Deatharrows sprinted through the hallway, just barely making it to the vent before the spider caught up with him. As it prepared to strike, Deatharrows used his spear to remove the vent graft and flung it at the spider's eyes. As it reeled back, Deatharrows jumped on its head and sprung into the hole. He used all of his strength to climb into the vents, but he made it. Deatharrows looked down, and just barely managed to duck back from the incoming arm attempting to skewer him. He crawled into the vents, as furious hisses echoed behind him.

Hiding from the Guards, and trying not to be killed by the beast separated from him by a few feet of stone, Deatharrows let out a sigh. "Well, I made it." He thought. "I'm hiding from a bunch of guards who want me dead and being hunted by a behemoth. It honestly seems like a sort of return to form." He let out a chuckle, and then fell asleep. Deatharrows would soon find that he hadn't yet escaped the game of cat and mouse he was previously playing. His strange scar too would haunt him yet. But, in the vents, Deatharrows would have a moment of respite. Furthermore, he would have a surge of satisfaction. After all, no hero would dare pursue a contracted killer into an enclosed area, for stealth is an assassin's game, as are the shadows. And now that the spider had left the shadows, and forfeited its shield of mystery and fear, it would find out just how dangerous an assassin could be.
DF AQW  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Bulls Eye
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition