Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes 2nd of May - Card Customization Tomorrow!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes 2nd of May - Card Customization Tomorrow!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2013 19:07:57   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

Card Customization Tomorrow!
Posted on May 02, 2013 by Nulgath
Are you excited? I know we are! We have some more details for you to anticipate!
Customization Cards will have a star rating system. What does this mean? It means 2 of the same type of card can have different percentages of power! Ofcourse, the better the rating the rarer the chance of getting it! This will further the variety of cards you have access to. Oh yes, things are getting deep with this system. Also, look for 2 completely new card specials in the Ice Deck Series tomorrow!

Login and play using the "ONE LOGIN TO RULE THEM ALL!" Hint: That is the same login you use to to play EpicDuel, HeroSmash or log into this site.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/2/2013 19:12:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
5/2/2013 19:11:44   
Mondez

2 new cards, new characters, and CC! Can this release not get any more epic?!

I suspect they fixed Ice Snap with the new engine, but the other card is a total mystery.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/2/2013 19:12:59   
Desmodus

0.o New ice card types. Interesting!
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
5/2/2013 19:15:55   
TheSage

Didn't Ice Snap turn into Ice Wall? I keep forgetting what Ice Snap was.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/2/2013 19:17:12   
Mondez

@TheSage
It was this:
quote:

Ice Snap
5 Ice
Turn your total defense into ice Energy

Something with it broke and it's understandable since the previous engine wasn't up to the task.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/2/2013 19:20:55   
TheSage

Oh right i think that plan was scrapped and only certain elements will have energy boosting cards, but don't quote me on that because you never know whats going to happen next lol

Also as a reminder for others, the Legendary version of the Frost Queen was mentioned earlier that it might not be ready for the release, will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/2/2013 19:21:12   
Skurge
The Dealer

@TheSage:

Ice snap was a card that enabled you to convert your defenses into Ice energy, but as the card is slightly overpowered
it was removed.

The card which you're thinking of was the ice card which allowed you to discard two cards for 15 defense.
That's the card which was replaced by Ice Wall.

Cheers~
-S
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/2/2013 19:26:32   
Mondez

Shame some elements will only gain energy boost cards, but luckily they will only be limited to 1 due to balance plus it wouldn't cause an influx of characters that would have energy boost cards in every deck after CC.

If FQ's Legendary isn't ready then it's understandable since Nulgath has a ton of legs to work with.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/2/2013 19:27:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/2/2013 23:34:26   
Blackshock

can't wait to buff me ice bat >:D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
5/2/2013 23:36:40   
Megadragonknight

Can't wait to buff my Frost jack, Xmas Fiend and Frost Queen. Then I shall use them for fun in PvE duel and I won't use them for PvP as I said a billion times before so I won't repeat my sentence over and over again. xD
Post #: 10
5/2/2013 23:49:18   
Finncollier

Must begin buffing ice matron to new levels of power
Post #: 11
5/2/2013 23:57:18   
Megadragonknight

@Finn
Oh yes! Thx for reminding me about Ice Matron!
Post #: 12
5/3/2013 1:10:31   
megakyle777

So maybe it's just because I just woke up but I'm not getting what Nulgath is saying in this post. WHat does he mean by this star stystem and how does it work? Are we only allowed a ceertain number of stars? Is it that the more stars the moire powerfull the effect? WHat?
DF  Post #: 13
5/3/2013 1:15:00   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mega The rating shows both power and rarity of the card.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/3/2013 1:57:54   
drDOT

I wonder if there will be some kind of card limitations along with the ranks. You know, like certain cards could be used only if you reached Legendary, some if you reached/are past Veteran, etc.
That would be cool. :D
AQW  Post #: 15
5/3/2013 2:03:46   
Megadragonknight

Why do I get a bad feeling about the "different percentages of powers"? Its like telling me that the 200 damage can now deal more than even 200 damage despite being the 200 damage card.
Post #: 16
5/3/2013 2:07:27   
drDOT

Hm, I think it is more like two ice spells (e.g. Ice Wall and Freeze) having different ratings rather than two 200 attack ice cards having different ratings.
AQW  Post #: 17
5/3/2013 2:10:12   
Megadragonknight

@drDOT
Hope that is the case. The only power rating I don't want to see is the damage card (100, 200, 500, pierce, holy strike, stone strike and power strike). I guess all the spell and defence card will have different rating.
Post #: 18
5/3/2013 2:14:23   
drDOT

*points at the image*

The 200 attack card got 2 stars and a x4 at the end. Looks like that's the case. :P
AQW  Post #: 19
5/3/2013 2:18:11   
Megadragonknight

The higher the ratings, the harder it is of getting that card! But about the different percentages of power for the same type of card really look complicated for me to comprehend. But about the x4 should be four 200 damage card and the star ratings should be a high chance of getting that card.
Post #: 20
5/3/2013 2:19:02   
megakyle777

If i was to guess, I would expect the ratings to mean specail cards can have abetter effect, IE Some Ice Walls can do 1500 sheilds, or Sacrifice does more damahge for less health or something.
DF  Post #: 21
5/3/2013 2:22:02   
Blackshock

I wonder if they'll ever make the cards stop blinking
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
5/3/2013 2:24:30   
Megadragonknight

@blackshock
The cards didn't even blink except for Artix the champion of Light as the character image in holy strike. xD
Post #: 23
5/3/2013 2:29:10   
drDOT

Oh and Frost Void got lightning animations inside the card.
AQW  Post #: 24
5/3/2013 2:33:03   
Megadragonknight

@drDOT
What you mean by Frost Void having lightning animation inside the card?
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes 2nd of May - Card Customization Tomorrow!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition