Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Counted NPC wins .

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Counted NPC wins .
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2013 1:16:47   
GodFromSouthEast

Hey , What if they bring "NPCing" back . but the npc be more harder to kill and limited like gamma 15/10 kills per hour , remove brainwash
Post #: 1
5/7/2013 1:38:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

no, this can happen but only 20 kills per 4 hours
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/7/2013 7:51:27   
Melbourne

quote:

Hey , What if they bring "NPCing" back .

No. Epicduel is a PvP based game, not a game where you can cheat free wins out of computers.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/8/2013 10:42:25   
RageSoul

^Uh , nobody said it was purely PvP-based . I actually kinda find it funny that people complained this "NPCs-give-wins-ah-Devs-please-remove-these-wins" crap simply because of wins and stuff .

quote:

remove brainwash

It was already removed .

< Message edited by RageSoul -- 5/8/2013 10:45:42 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/8/2013 10:47:20   
Melbourne

quote:

^Uh , nobody said it was purely PvP-based . I actually kinda find it funny that people complained this "NPCs-give-win-ah-Devs-please-remove-it" crap simply because of wins and stuff .

In the description of the game it states it is a PvP based game, therefore farming wins off of computers is invalid.

AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/8/2013 10:49:48   
RageSoul

@XMel
So by your logic , one has to mention something first rather than show it?

< Message edited by RageSoul -- 5/8/2013 10:50:49 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/8/2013 10:51:28   
Melbourne

I'm really confused as to what you mean by that. Can you explain?
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/8/2013 10:55:06   
RageSoul

@above

Explanation :

They said it's PvP-based yet they placed NPCs , but they said it's PvP-based , so why?

EDIT : fixed some things .
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/8/2013 10:55:34   
goldslayer1

@melbourne
Call of Duty: Black ops is also a PvP (since its player vs player in a FPS style) game, but they also have zombies (NPCs) and IIRC they had an offline mode with NPCs aswell.

so the term shouldn't be taken so literal.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/8/2013 10:56:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/8/2013 10:56:43   
Mother1

Not supported. this would mean they would have to put the cap back on NPC once again which would make certain missions even harder then ever especially those with low drop rates. Otherwise people will just NPC all day for wins.

quote:

^Uh , nobody said it was purely PvP-based . I actually kinda find it funny that people complained this "NPCs-give-wins-ah-Devs-please-remove-these-wins" crap simply because of wins and stuff.

Remember what happened during the ebilcorp war when there was a bug that made all NPC unlimited? People abused the crap out of it and was fighting the level 30 mechachild for fast wins which made the 1 vs 1 LB fight this NPC or you can't win. It wasn't fair for anyone who wanted to get the one vs one cheevo since they were forced to fight NPC to even compete. It will become this all over again.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 5/8/2013 10:57:52 >
Epic  Post #: 10
5/8/2013 10:57:36   
RageSoul

@Mother1
And that kind of event only happens at how many times...? Also , didn't the Devs made them not count to LB as well?
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/8/2013 10:58:29   
goldslayer1

quote:

Not supported. this would mean they would have to put the cap back on NPC once again which would make certain missions even harder then ever especially those with low drop rates. Otherwise people will just NPC all day for wins.

they could just make a cap (like 15) and then after the 15th battle of ur level range, it doesn't give wins so missions wouldn't be an issue.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/8/2013 10:58:58   
Mother1

@ ragesoul

No they did make them count. Every win counted toward you record as well as loss. The LB was flooded with people getting 1000+ wins in less then 15 hours.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 5/8/2013 11:00:02 >
Epic  Post #: 13
5/8/2013 10:59:12   
Melbourne

quote:

Call of Duty: Black ops is also a PvP game, but they also have zombies (NPCs) and IIRC they had an offline mode with NPCs aswell.

Yes but the NPC mode known as combat training does not count to your "Kill/Death" ratio.

quote:

They said it's PvP-based yet they placed NPCs , but they said it's PvP-based , so why?

To answer your question, because it would be boring. They need a game with a storyline, and Npcs. You should be allowed to fight them for variety and such but they should have never counted to your ratio.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/8/2013 11:00:39   
RageSoul

quote:

To answer your question, because it would be boring. They need a game with a storyline, and Npcs. You should be allowed to fight them for variety and such but they should have never counted to your ratio.

Weelll , i'm a-okay if they didn't count at my record , it's just that the record is stopping me from click-spam 1v1 or other modes .
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/8/2013 11:04:46   
goldslayer1

quote:

Remember what happened during the ebilcorp war when there was a bug that made all NPC unlimited? People abused the crap out of it and was fighting the level 30 mechachild for fast wins which made the 1 vs 1 LB fight this NPC or you can't win.

the logic behind removing NPC is that they were easier, but having someone take the "easy" route is somehow a bad thing when doing dailies? (during this particular event)

quote:

You should be allowed to fight them for variety and such but they should have never counted to your ratio.

i wanna hear your reasoning as to why it shouldn't count towards the record.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/8/2013 11:05:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/8/2013 11:08:18   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

i wanna hear your reasoning as to why it shouldn't count towards the record

Because game is PvP (Player vs Player) not PvE, therefore they shouldn't count. At all. Devs have already stated the same reason and the change will not be reversed due to players saying they should come back. Not everyone will like particular changes but game still remains PvP, so PvE is discouraged (in this case, NPCs don't count towards the record).
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
5/8/2013 11:08:39   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@gold Because they're easy. Anyone and everyone can fight NPCs all day and get a 100% ratio barring any severe luck and connection issues. Also, the game is PvP. Does it make sense to give out ranking based on how you can fight a mindless AI who can't adapt to the changing builds?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/8/2013 11:11:36   
Melbourne

quote:

i wanna hear your reasoning as to why it shouldn't count towards the record.

I already stated them. There not meant to be free wins. That's why it was taken out, people were abusing it for free credits and experience and to get on the LB with a good ratio.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/8/2013 11:13:43   
goldslayer1

quote:

Because game is PvP (Player vs Player) not PvE, therefore they shouldn't count. At all. Devs have already stated the same reason and the change will not be reversed due to players saying they should come back. Not everyone will like particular changes but game still remains PvP, so PvE is discouraged (in this case, NPCs don't count towards the record).

then why introduce NPCs to the game for over 3 years?
yeah its mainly pvp, but PVE was OPTIONAL. and at best, only 15 matches per hour. (notice how i did not say wins but rather matches?)

quote:

Because they're easy.

thats very contradicting to what they did then.
they removed npc wins because they were easy, then turn around and make npcs harder at the same time.

it just heavily contradicts itself. NPCs are harder now, so why is this "easy" still an excuse?

quote:

I already stated them. There not meant to be free wins.

no wins were "free" i still had to go to the npc and battle them to EARN the win.

quote:

That's why it was taken out, people were abusing it for free credits and experience and to get on the LB with a good ratio.

and some people used it as a means to escape the horrendous balance, while at the same time feel some sense of progression.
because if you dont progress, then playing is worthless.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/8/2013 11:16:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/8/2013 11:16:51   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@gold They didn't buff NPCs, they nerfed the players. Very few times do I recall them ever buffing an NPC. I don't even recall any NPC nerfs. They never changed NPCs to be weaker since they want them to be a last resort method. A farming strategy for you to use when you can't get any wins in PvP and have to stick with a lower level NPC until you can fix your build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/8/2013 11:18:52   
goldslayer1

quote:

They didn't buff NPCs, they nerfed the players.

i never said they buffed them. i said they made it harder. the method they used is different.

quote:

since they want them to be a last resort method. A farming strategy for you to use when you can't get any wins in PvP and have to stick with a lower level NPC until you can fix your build.

if ur at that point when u hit rock bottom so hard, most players will quit.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/8/2013 11:19:04   
Mother1

@ ND

Every time they nerf the players they indirectly buff NPC. and since we went through a lot of nerfs the NPC got a lot of indirect buffs.
Epic  Post #: 23
5/8/2013 11:22:32   
Melbourne

quote:

yeah its mainly pvp, but PVE was OPTIONAL. and at best, only 15 matches per hour. (notice how i did not say wins but rather matches?)

You can say match if you want, we both know it was almost always a free win.

quote:

no wins were "free" i still had to go to the npc and battle them to EARN the win.

I don't even know what to say here. You fought a brainless AI for a win, not really earned.

quote:

and some people used it as a means to escape the horrendous balance, while at the same time feel some sense of progression. because if you dont progress, then playing is worthless.

If you don't like the balance then sure fight Npcs, but not for free wins, because I'm almost positive 90% of the people who farmed Npcs were for the free wins.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/8/2013 11:27:52   
goldslayer1

quote:

You can say match if you want, we both know it was almost always a free win.

well what did u expect? im pretty sure lvl 30 PLAYERS were just as "free wins" as the lvl 30 npcs which we could challenge.

i had terrible luck vs mechalilid level 35s.

NPC seemed easier because we picked out the easiest ones depending on our builds. and those easy ones were usually lvl 30.

quote:

If you don't like the balance then sure fight Npcs, but not for free wins, because I'm almost positive 90% of the people who farmed Npcs were for the free wins.

again, they aren't free. the number of wins dont stack up in my win counter by itself.

NPCs could be a good alternative to PVP, if they had the right implementation.
meaning, make random NPCs which we cannot challenge, and make them of our same level.
we would go to an "NPC station" (or even the arena) and a random NPC of our level pops up to fight.

this makes NPCing hard so its not "free wins" and is not easily farmable as you cant pick the npc that is easier towards your build.

some people just cant use their imagination...

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/8/2013 11:32:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Counted NPC wins .
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition