Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/11/2013 11:15:23   
Megadragonknight

I am so going have to hope the next element series card set will have better luck than the ice series card pack because today I tried my luck to get useful cards and most of the expansion cards I got are pierce 101, 202 damage cards! Only 1 515 cards and 2 515 shield cards were added to my expansion cards! This is so "impressive" and it would even be "better" if I used SG.
Post #: 651
5/11/2013 11:23:22   
Redingard

Looking forward to Shadow Series. Can balance out my BD and then level up my Lich some more with a better deck.

Hate Frost Queen because she isn't my playing style. I'm more of a defensive guy myself, so it's only natural. 3 Shatters for her Master irked me, but now she has four? Really? And not to mention the three piercing attacks. And worse yet, her lack of defense. It goes against what I thought Ice was meant to be. You know, "defensive"; the new Ice characters don't even have that many defense cards. Not slowly become more and more offensive to the point you can't defend yourself. CC can't resolve the issue either, as her deck would be too large to be reliable. I wish we could take out certain cards, then it wouldn't matter to me. But alas, I'm not coding, nor can I. So I suppose I'll have to live with her deck and regret my now wasted 6 SGs. on Queen Ghypsophilia. Guess it doesn't really matter though, considering how I still have Frost Void to be my impenetrable barrier of awesomeness.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 5/11/2013 11:24:35 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 652
5/11/2013 11:27:03   
Jmagician

quote:

I am so going have to hope the next element series card set will have better luck than the ice series card pack

This is exactly it folks. Another part of the game that relies heavily on luck so don't get angry when you don't get the cards you want. You might have lost a lot of money (gold/SG) but that is your fault for trying your luck against the unforgiving RNG. It isn't the way card series are set up that is at fault, it is yours.

Make a boundary point for yourselves and if you are spending more than your allotted boundary, it is a good indication to re-stock through farming or SG purchases, what ever is your case. Then purchase again until you have fall towards that limit you gave yourself. This would be the smart thing to do because this card series game is basically gambling. You have to be smart about it.

@above: You have to remember, Ice types were never meant to be defensive, they were just generally created that way. Any type can sport any battle style if Nulgath wishes for it. Again, read the wiki if you don't agree with what you are about to purchase.

Why are people so loose with their SG spendings? o.o

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/11/2013 11:30:40 >
AQW  Post #: 653
5/11/2013 11:28:34   
Megadragonknight

@Red
Nulgath mentioned that he is planning on the removal cards from the characters' deck but it will be very hard to code that in-game. Still, fret not since I believe Rolith had started working on that while creating new cards.

Edit:
@above
Actually, I just spend some of my gold on another new expansion cards for fun. I never really test out my luck though I did around the last try. Also, I won't spend my SG on buying new packs to prevent risk as I don't like gambling but that is the part that makes OS interesting, fun and unique AE and online game ever!

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 5/11/2013 11:35:25 >
Post #: 654
5/11/2013 11:31:15   
Redingard

@MDK

As long as they don't say it's going to be coming soon for four months, I can wait. It's not going to be as important as putting cards into your deck anyways. But still, I have over 90 SGs, so I may as well get Frost Queen, if not for her animations.

...are her animations any good? .3.

@Jmagician

Really? I recall, when you first choose your character, under Barbarian's info, that it said Ice characters were defensive. I can thus make the assumption that Ice characters should be defensive. It's like if a Fire Master had 1 Fireball and three shields. It would not work out. And I do believe my financial purchases are my own business. I was under the impression that Frost Queen was going to be to my liking. She wasn't. It wasn't me randomly throwing my money around; the Wiki didn't even have Queen Ghypsophilia's deck up when I got her. No need to accuse me of being arrogant when I myself was ignorant of certain things. Feel free to criticize me for that, but saying I need to be more careful about what I buy is just rude.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 5/11/2013 11:37:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 655
5/11/2013 11:34:40   
Vagaran

@Redingard
As Jmagician said, Ice doesn't have to be defensiv it can be offensiv. Take a look at shadow, some are offensive (BD), some are more defensive playing with DoT's (VR, PD) and some are defensive (Rev Egg).

In other words, don't expect a type to be just act as a specific way, Fire can be defensive (which they should make some of them be like), Ice can be offensive (already got some examples on this), Earth can be fully offensive, fully defensiv or a mix of both etc

I'm quite happy I didn't use my SG to evolve Queen Ghyp, not really a fan of her deck but I supposed anyone who wants an offensive Ice character could aim for QF.

EDIT: I heard Queen Frost's 5 hit combo is her spider running over the enemy.

EDIT2: I don't recall it saying anything under Barbarian description that Ice was defensiv.

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 5/11/2013 11:36:36 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 656
5/11/2013 11:35:53   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Earth can be offensive or defensive. EF is as defensive as most Ice if not better.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 657
5/11/2013 11:39:16   
Vagaran

Alright just made a new account to see whether the whole thing about Barbarian's lore saying Ice was defensive was true. And it's not written there: http://prntscr.com/14f5kz
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 658
5/11/2013 11:39:46   
Megadragonknight

@red
Her animation is almost the same as Queen Ghysophila except for the 2 hit-combo it have the ice spider to attack the opponent while the 5 hit-combo have the ice spider to charge towards the opponent. Also, like what Jmagician and Vagaran said, Ice can be both offensive and defensive. Even shadow have some characters being defensive like Lich and Rev Egg. Neutral is more like the hybrid of both offense and defence. Every elements don't need to have characters being pure offensive or defensive. If you don't want FQ to be pure offensive, you still have CC to increase her defence though it require to be wise when adding some expansion cards in her deck.
Post #: 659
5/11/2013 11:41:13   
Jmagician

@Mega: That is perfectly fine, as long as you like your decisions in the end. It is just that a lot of people complained about the Ice series when it was really their own fault

@Redingard: Well sorry for coming off as rude but I am just trying to give some good advice. I work hard for the money I earn so I would like to spend it wisely. You are right it is your own business, sorry for getting into that but you shouldn't really be complaining about your purchases .-. It was your decision you should have thought out because SGs don't come back through 'farming'. I personally always wait for wiki updates with these sort of things. Just a friendly advice though, I don't mean to be rude once again!
AQW  Post #: 660
5/11/2013 11:42:55   
Redingard

Sorry, not under Barbarian's info. It was under Frost Void's. Here ya go.. Doesn't mean it has to apply to every Ice character, though.

And I suppose that elements can go either way. Just like how Thrak is destructive and Sir Galahad is defensive, it works. But that doesn't mean I have to like Frost Queen. On that regard I may be wrong, but I still dislike how she's another BD in terms of defense and attack.

@Above

You are coming off as rude. Please drop the matter of me buying stuff. I don't think I need advice on that matter.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 5/11/2013 11:44:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 661
5/11/2013 11:47:55   
Jmagician

Oh wow the term 'expansion cards' just struck me with an idea. How about 'contraction cards'? These would be very specific cards that don't require a rating as they are going to be the same exact cards you have in your base deck. What they do it you must have the same corresponding contraction card as your pre-installed card to be able to remove it. If Nulgath ever does find a way to code-in the removal of cards, this would be a fun and interesting way to go about it. Might cause some more trouble for the team to code the whole idea though as I don't really know how the whole bit works.

@above: dropped.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/11/2013 11:48:17 >
AQW  Post #: 662
5/11/2013 11:48:52   
Vagaran

@Red
The link you gave doesn't work for me.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 663
5/11/2013 11:50:04   
Megadragonknight

@Jmagician
Can't say that you are wrong or correct but I am being neutral with your point on the part on "people complained". After all, OS is also a game of gambling by luck and it can be addictive which we must control that!

@Red
Like I said, Nulgath had planned on the removal cards from characters' deck and Rolith is probably already working on that but it is not an easy job at all and it require plenty of time and not to mention Rolith had other AE game to work on and he is the sole CC developer. So, just wait patiently until when the time have come. In the meantime, you can just train FQ to higher level while waiting for the time to pass since it won't be release really soon.
Post #: 664
5/11/2013 11:56:00   
Vagaran

If card removal is added, expect some restrictions.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 665
5/11/2013 11:56:29   
Agaraoth2

@Bei im ready and waiting solace-91 nulgath server

< Message edited by Agaraoth2 -- 5/11/2013 11:58:56 >
AQW  Post #: 666
5/11/2013 11:57:15   
Jmagician

@Vagaran: 'Though Ice is a great defensive elements, in longer battles, it can unleash a devastating attack on careless enemies.'

I think that is what he wanted to link. It still doesn't say anything contradictory to what has recently happened to Ice types though

They still are great defensive forces but the later part of that sentence also states that they can be great offensive enemies as well. So it goes to show that not all Ice types are purely defensive.
AQW  Post #: 667
5/11/2013 12:00:53   
Redingard

@MDK

As I said, I can wait for a while. It's not a core part of the game, and I can use other characters while I wait, so meh.

People complaining about their card packs is unavoidable. Some people don't lime wasting money, but if they're Veterarns of OS, then they should know by now that everything is going by the cruel RNG's whim. While that is unavoidable, it is also predictable. Don't expect to get what you want, so why bother complaining?

@Vagaran

Weird. Well, it's on Nulgath's Twitter, under his pictures. You can scroll down until you find Frost Void's bio, next to some others. It says something like "While Ice is a very defensive element, it can be used to attack your foes" or something like that. On the matter of card removal, it'd probably be restricted to either Spell Cards or normal cards. I can't really think of any other restriction, other than how many you can take out.

@Jmagician

Thanks.

And I believe I already admitted I was wrong on the aspect.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 5/11/2013 12:02:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 668
5/11/2013 12:00:54   
bei4

@agaraoth i am coming.
battle burn mage vs fire witch master

@megaaaaa i wonnnnn okey my lvl 18 burn mage vs lvl 16 fire witch master but still he used incinerate on a 500 attack and 2 fireball pretty hard.

while waiting for my match againt @Jmagician i fight a frogzard xD

< Message edited by bei4 -- 5/11/2013 12:08:10 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 669
5/11/2013 12:08:27   
Megadragonknight

@Red
I am not complaining at all. Its just that I want to post something that came out from my thoughts about anything related to OS. I don't complain without any reason at all.

@Bei4
That's good! You are the OS fire master! May I know who took initiative and how the battle goes?
Post #: 670
5/11/2013 12:09:48   
Agaraoth2

Match with J magician froze and bei this account is own by me and my twin sis so you would probably be battling her right now.
AQW  Post #: 671
5/11/2013 12:09:52   
bei4

@mega i wil tell you all when i killed this frogzard wait a sec.
here comes the battle i used 2 burn cards and a fireball and couple of attack cards
idk the whole fight but then he used incinerate on 500 attack +2 fireballs 3100 attack but i had shield.
then i draw cards i used 1 fireball and 2 500 attacks and i won

@agaraoth so you mean i fighted with your twin sis the battle burn mage vs fire witch? i don't get it.

< Message edited by bei4 -- 5/11/2013 12:14:22 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 672
5/11/2013 12:10:01   
Redingard

@MDK

I never accused you of complaining. If anything, I was referencing to the page-and-a-half of people saying that card packs should be fixed. .-.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 673
5/11/2013 12:13:58   
Jmagician

Match froze again! D: Someone fix this!

@Agaraoth: I could tell it was going to be a nice battle
AQW  Post #: 674
5/11/2013 12:14:31   
Agaraoth2

These battle freezes are becoming quite annoying @above it looked that way but freeze ruined it @Bei wake up i wanna duel

< Message edited by Agaraoth2 -- 5/11/2013 12:18:23 >
AQW  Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition