Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ED Falling to Abyss

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED Falling to Abyss
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/12/2013 17:52:01   
Mondez

@Mother
I agree because if ED is going to have the proper balance then all the classes need their own skill sets because players keep asking for nerfs on skills that they either:

A. Can't counter against due to their build
B. Refuse to change their strategy
C. Reallocating their skills

If BM, TM, M, TLCM, BH, etc all had their own skill sets then maybe balance could have been changed up, but instead all of the classes share skills which makes balancing as difficult as possible.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
5/12/2013 17:59:56   
Stabilis

I do agree with Sage about not needing more factory produce-type content. EpicDuel lacks the complexity that gives factory produce a new concept although "new". These things are new items, new missions, new wars, etc. Unfortunately these things are not new until they break the concept scheme like what Titan did by introducing the first war the Frysteland War. I score Infernal Infiltration higher but the Frysteland War was a completely new idea in EpicDuel. Activity in players climbs when something breaks the stagnancy of repetition. New items are nice, but what can they do? This is where the action plan for the artists should be less picture heavy and more animation heavy. Animations which are the basis of every graphic have not grown with the times though some unique animations emerge occasionally like the Meteor skill cores or Fury for example. Some things in animation specifically that can be revamped would be the basic animations: Strike, Shoot, running, jumping, rage, taking damage, intros, KOs to name some. As for the coding aspect we need more research into balance (not just basing changes on popular statistics). We need to back off from missions, character development, grinding and the sort. We need a less general more engaging story (I am not scolding you Cind, you need to be given more privilege to add plot to this game). We need the features that were favoured by staff and player alike being developed (tournaments).

I think we can slow down on cookie cutter content unless the intention is to bore even the people who are enthused by even the simplest of pleasures (people that dance and sing even if the only change was Oz getting a moustache).

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 5/12/2013 18:08:01 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
5/12/2013 20:02:14   
zer00x

ED should follow the steps of Oversoul, i mean, at the beggining the updates of oversoul were just characters, like now epic duel its mostly releasing items, and then the oversoul team noticed that, that they just released characters, withouth changing the gameplay or some variation and now they focus on the engine and the gameplay and its getting better adding more experience, not just characters and thats it. ED team should focus on the gameplay and try to balance things, like some other people said before.
AQW  Post #: 28
5/12/2013 20:27:37   
Mondez

@zero0x
Issue with that statement is that it's easier to say the devs should focus on gameplay mechanics and balance when ED has been working on gameplay mechanics since it's release plus balancing this game in comparison to Oversoul is harder than you think. Reason why Oversoul is balanced because they took into consideration on cards, card costs, and fixed damage while ED is energy costs and statistical damage data meaning damage based on stats and skill points.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/12/2013 21:04:33   
TRizZzCENTRINO

you can't compare oversoul to ED, oversoul only have cards and characters to work with while ED has the following to work on:
Hp
Ep
Strength
Dexterity
Technology
Support
Deflection %
Block %
Crit %
Skill cores
Class skill tree
Robots
3 types of weapons
Weapon and item animations
Event missions/ events
Hair styles
Color customizable items
and a few more......

Removed all caps as it is spam. ~Tanky

< Message edited by TankMage -- 5/13/2013 6:11:34 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/13/2013 4:35:18   
Sageofpeace

if the can't balance, they could been making new feature but no they always have a excuse like there are important bugs to fixs,there are background stuff to do, there is balance issues to resolve be for making new feature at end we still waiting for new feature and the game hasn't progress at all

Post #: 31
5/13/2013 5:36:51   
comicalbike

it is better to try and fail than not try at all
Epic  Post #: 32
5/13/2013 10:43:30   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

Not try at all will be the ideal option for ED.

Ohhh Alpha.... Now that was fun
Epic  Post #: 33
5/13/2013 10:58:55   
DARK SOUL OF HELL

@oba
quote:

However, if someone gets 90%+ in a daily basis in a battle mode something is wrong, imho.

did u clearly read my post ?
where did i say that there is a problem just because someone is able to get 95% ratio at jugg ?
what i said : the problem is that the person getting this high ratio is a lvl 25 character , and on the other hand a lvl 35 can't get anywhere near that score . which is the opposite of what should be happening cause jugg should be a high lvl mode not a low lvl character with half of our experience ( i mean seriously it is called experience , when u win a battle u get experience so the more u win the more experienc u get but a lvl 25 with half the of the experience a lvl 35 have ,can more often win battles where he ALONE takes two opponents ......................... that's the problem .
Post #: 34
5/13/2013 11:54:29   
Mother1

@ dark soul

your idea is flawed. If that is the cause then shouldn't higher level players in 2 vs 2 get more win then lower levels yet with few exception 2 vs 2 has almost always been dominated by lower levels?
Epic  Post #: 35
5/13/2013 12:35:07   
DARK SOUL OF HELL

@mother 1
No, team battles aren't related to jugg like that cause u don't only rely on yourself but also on your partner in 2 vs 2 u sometime get an unexperienced partner or low lvl partner or ungeared partner .....................................
BUT in jugg you solo battle 2 opponents ( this should be dedicated to lvl 35 characters )
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED Falling to Abyss
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition