Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The First Zheliv

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The First Zheliv
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/11/2013 15:23:28   
Razen

Link to Commentary: Commentary

The prologue is an introduction to the setting of the story, Vereriaz. Vereriaz being a story idea of mine that is still in the conceptual stage, hence why I lack a description for the Tanrith currently in particular.

Prologue: The Basics and Beginning of Vereriaz

Vereriaz is a planet in a solar system with four other planets: two gas giants and two terrestrial planets(The planets were farther away than the reader of this is likely accustomed to). The star of the system, Gilehim, was a light blue due to the luminosity of the celestial body. The closest planet, Livik, lacked any moons and had two polar climates with both being entirely uninhabitable. The second closest, Vilirix, had multiple desert continents surrounded by mountains, volcanic or fold in origin, that prevented Vilirix’s prevailing winds from moistening the environments with its many seas and oceans, which are pulled by its two moons, Dithiv Miril and Dithiv Zilim. Vereriaz being the third closest, as well as the only inhabitable planet, with two moderately sized moons, Dith and Dithiv Gile. Dith being the more substantial and influential of the natural satellites, and Dithiv Gile being further outward often blocking starlight from reaching Vereriaz. Vereriaz itself has two main continents, Perasith and Arimen, as well as a number of islands with one string of them referred to as Teneris.

The history of the Gilehim system goes back to the deities Fate and Magic(For lack of better names, they're named after their concepts) and their creation of stars, planets, nebulae, and numerous other celestial bodies. Once they had reached Vereriaz, they could tell that it was a hospitable environment, and they wished to experiment with the creation of sapient entities. Fate and Magic had spent time contemplating what it was that they would create first, and the discussion had came to the conclusion that a being with knowledge over life should be the first priority. Magic spawned this liquid mass that took a bipedal form with long, flowing hair; this was Vydizi, the Elder Zari of Life. The Elder Zari being the direct creations of Fate and Magic. Vydizi had asked them only one question, “Must I be alone in such a bountiful place, my creators?”

Fate and Magic provided Vydizi with no verbal response, instead Magic lowered his nebula-esque arm down towards the surface of Vereriaz. A new liquid life form emerged next to Vydizi, who now had a flower locked in his indigo hair. This new entity was Aristal, the Elder Zari of Creation. Magic had taken his leave for reasons unknown. Immediately following Aristal’s creation, Fate spawned three new Elder Zari, Giledith of Gravity, Imeran of Days, and Narath of Fate. Aristal and Vydizi spoke with their three new brothers, and they had learned that they each bore an immense knowledge of a subject that was bound to them; the subjects being the aforementioned. The new, youthful Elder Zari were curious as to the purpose of their expansive understanding, so Vydizi asked Aristal, “Would you please create new life, Aristal, my brother?”

“I’ll try to do what I can, Vydizi,” Aristal answered, and he diverted his attention to creating a life form. A small mass began to grow in the ocean before them; it was progressively gaining hardened scales, fangs, eyes, and many other features as it expanded into a full being. The creature was a leviathan, far larger than its creator, and it was aquatic, meaning that it would have to remain in the oceans.

Vydizi stated, “This, this is a Ka’thuri, Aristal. Brothers, imagine an ocean where these majestic serpents would swim freely and happily? Oh, the beauty of it...” Vydizi walked calmly into the water that was now home to a serpent that was likely around ten thousand times his size. The creature snapped and lashed its tail defensively at Vydizi, unknown to his peaceful intentions.

“This Ka’thuri is far too colossal and instinctively defensive for us to approach, Vydizi,” Aristal stated, “So perhaps we should work with smaller creatures first?” Aristal did not wait for a response and placed all of his attention to the creation of a tiny insect. As it gained a chitinous shell that covered six legs, a thorax, and an abdomen. Its small mandibles clenched onto one another. The Elder Zari continued on making species in this manner, but they had come to a bit of controversy over whether they should make creatures rather similar to themselves.

“The existence of living creatures grows dull and stagnant without entities that we may converse and openly interact with,” Vydizi declared, “They need to have extensive taught processes, and we may find ourselves enjoying their company as we discuss philosophy, morality, among many other things. We could gaze in awe at the arts they craft and listen gleefully to the music that they play. Do you wish to not come to enjoy a fuller life?” The other Elder Zari pondered on Vydizi’s words, and they came to a conclusion.

“Your words pull me to your idea, Vydizi,” Giledith answered and commented, “Rare is it that one may draw the Elder Zari of Gravity to their desires.”

“There is one condition, however,” Narath stated, “We will not inform them of our creator. It is not up to us to let his subjects leave his control; therefore, we are not to allow anything that we make, or ourselves, to break from Fate’s instructions. Is this understood, Vydizi?”

“Of course, Narath,” Vydizi responded, “Though I can’t vow to not break from Fate’s instructions if it is for the benefit of our creations. I know that I will be unable to respect myself if my choices bring harm to others openly. Is that so absurd that I would put the welfare of living beings before potentially arbitrary rules from a creator that we know little to nothing about? I feel a greater duty to be true to those who I would come to know, but I cannot speak for all of us.”

“Then what do you say should be the reasoning for the creation of the first species with which we’d interact with?” Narath queried.

Giledith replied this time, “There must be something that will reduce the breeding of the Ka’thuri for the well-being of ourselves, themselves, and future lives; therefore, I believe that we should delegate this duty onto our first sapient creatures. They will not kill or maim the Ka’thuri, but these creatures shall discourage overpopulation and breeding however they may safely do so, as to hold true to Vydizi’s requests.”

Imeran now spoke, “I concur with Vydizi and Giledith. If we hold too tightly to the unknown mannerisms of Fate for compassion to our creator, then we are certain to forget our own obligation to protect the lives which we would bring about. Unless you’re suggesting that we are to cause unnecessary harm as to sully the very name of our creators which we are to revere, Narath.”

Narath having found himself verbally bested had conceded, “Fine, Vydizi, Giledith, and Imeran. We shall hold a vote as to try to be fair.” Vydizi, Giledith, and Imeran were obviously immediate in their decision, as was Narath to counter them. Aristal was fidgety on his choice, as he felt compelled by both sides of the argument.

Off in the distance, the small insect that Aristal had created died. Its cause of death was unknown, but it had significance as Fate created another Elder Zari. This one was Zul, the Elder Zari of the Afterlife(And Burials). Zul was unconcerned with the debate going on between his brothers, rather he focused on the care of the deceased insect with the intent of giving it the most comfortable rest that was within Zul’s control.

Narath was baffled, and he felt that it was insulting to Fate that the majority of Fate’s very creations, the Elder Zari, would be willing to disobey Fate for the well-being of the Elder Zari’s creations. As far as he was concerned, he believed it to be an absolute mockery of Fate, but he lacked the support of his brothers in his views.

“It is settled then,” Giledith announced solemnly, “This species shall be known as the Tanrith, as they will be the guardians of the southward sea.”

[To be continued...]

< Message edited by Razen -- 6/19/2014 4:45:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The First Zheliv
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition