Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 123 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 123 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 31«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2013 8:21:26   
Mondez

I always get SGs after I get paid and geez can I go through the SGs like water because of those temp exp boosts.

Of course once the Shadow series comes out next week, once again I will go through the SGs like water and with shadow I'm hoping for the release of Creature Creation.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 126
5/13/2013 8:22:14   
Megadragonknight

Hello guys. I had such a busy and tiring day having to learn how to do some sort of flash drawing for the first time. Its interesting but confusing. Will have to get used to it.

Anyway, on-topic: I wish the LB will only have the day and hour scores and not the lifetime scores since it should only be for the tournaments. I wonder if anyone tweet Nulgath about this?
Post #: 127
5/13/2013 9:13:48   
Baron Dante

I sort of agree on there not being All-Time LBs. After a while, players that have been there for ages will come off as pretty much a permanent mainstay. Even if they quit, new players aren't going to be encouraged to try and do PvP because the numbers are just far too high.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
5/13/2013 9:29:16   
Megadragonknight

The champion have a point. I see no point in keeping the lifetime scores and adding new scores in it since it should only be for the tournaments.
Post #: 129
5/13/2013 9:51:49   
Baron Dante

I mean. Just looking it now. There's a few people there with nearly 600 kills. A new player comes in, looks at that, tries out PvP. Realizes how slow PvP is (Since battles aren't really easily available), and gives up. can already imagine that'd be a sort of an issue. Now, imagine this in a year or two. (In fact. Just wait a few more tourneys, look at the top then, and you'll be bound to see even higher numbers. If no one else does, at least I will)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
5/13/2013 10:08:51   
Beck

@Baron Dante
No more tourneys like the last one, I hope >.<
It was so painful to get above 200 battles, there is no way I'm doing more next time.

In other news, that primitive leaderboard IS still up, and appears to have been tucked neatly into the rest of the Oversoul websites, complete with background and giant PLAY button.

I'm thinking a reset button should be hit soon...
AQW  Post #: 131
5/13/2013 10:11:00   
Megadragonknight

@Beck
Its quite sad for me to get 24 since my original position is 19.
Post #: 132
5/13/2013 10:21:52   
bei4

hi guys how are you i am back from long day school.

i want more gold again but i can only get tommorow fast gold or this night
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
5/13/2013 10:26:53   
Megadragonknight

Hello Bei4. Welcome back! Templar is reaching 20 soon!
Post #: 134
5/13/2013 10:30:33   
Baron Dante

Beck: I definitely agree. A tournament should be more about skills than "who can go on for the longest within this period of time". I still will say that whatever rules future tournaments will have, the one that wins is simply the best "within those rules". I can say that with the rules of that tournament, at that time, I came out on the top, thus I was the best. I still would never claim I'm the best player in OverSoul. Actually I'm pretty sure I'm not. If, and when a tournament comes, I once again will do my best to come out at the top. If that's not enough, then it's not. I'm fine with not winning.

Though, I would like a different type of a tournament. A more like an actual bracket tournament. Though, with a huge amount of contestants, just having brackets wouldn't be enough.

As such, I could imagine we could have sign-ups for the tourney, after which players are put into groups. Over the course of some days, these players play a best out of three or something against each another. The winner makes their way into the actual tournament, which would be an actual traditional bracket style tournament.

However, that requires a few things. Preferably, CC is fully implemented and balanced, and this is the absolute most important thing: Randomize who goes first. Right now, it's not random.

Mdk: What is this about 24?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
5/13/2013 10:31:01   
bei4

nice and oh mega you didn't know what's your favorite char i gonna help you to find that out.
first of all what's your favorite element?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 136
5/13/2013 10:31:14   
dragon wrath

havent duelled for so long still at 39 sweet
AQW  Post #: 137
5/13/2013 10:35:12   
Megadragonknight

@bei4
Every element except chaos since it doesn't have any chaos character currently BUT I believe Chaos may possibly be my main element because like me, chaos is a RANDOM! I am a random guy as well!

@Baron
I so agree with you point. I was expecting the tournament to be more about how the players fight and win wit skills instead of the speed though it still need skill and speed to win many battles. Honestly, I thought it would be like pokemon league. xD

Edit: If you check the LB, I am currently in position 24 but my original position is 19. Because the lifetime LB haven't been removed yet, those players who are crazy for many random PvP duels while I was focusing on training and hunting new characters, 5 of them had obtained many victories.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 5/13/2013 10:41:38 >
Post #: 138
5/13/2013 10:50:45   
Baron Dante

Mdk: I don't see an issue with that. It IS All-Time after all.

I don't have a problem with one being there personally, I'd just prefer it... not being. Since y'know, I believe it hurts the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
5/13/2013 10:58:48   
Megadragonknight

@Baron
But I thought lifetime should only be for tournament because it means those 100 players ended up being the first to reach 100 in the first OS tournament forever. Though that doesn't mean I object your point, I came up with this suggestion when you used the word All-Time. I suggest the scores should reset and then we will see who will see any player that can reach top 100 in the All-Time list in non-tournament. To motivate players to pvp often, Nulgath should reward the player that reach top 100 in non-tournament by giving them 10K gold. What you think? The lifetime score for the first tournament will be kept in the Hall of champion while the All-Time score will be permanent in-game. I separate between Lifetime score and All-time score, lifetime score is those 100 players that reach top 100 in the tournaments while the All-time is just another score for every players to pvp to see who can reach top 100 so they can get a reward during the deadline submission.

Edit: Oh, do note, the All-time score shall reset once the deadline is met while the Lifetime score will be kept permanent in the hall of champion since its only the score for the tournament.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 5/13/2013 11:04:16 >
Post #: 140
5/13/2013 11:03:02   
Baron Dante

The list for the tournament is elsewhere though. No need to keep that one there too.

10k isn't examply that great of a reward tho, seeing how just farming my way with Ice Queen from 1 to 20 was 100k :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 141
5/13/2013 11:10:10   
Megadragonknight

Well, at least a reward for being determine and enthusiastic to pvp.

Edit: I still want to see the lifetime score for the first tournament and so on to be reset for the All-time score to be used for permanent pvp score since many players like to pvp.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 5/13/2013 11:16:00 >
Post #: 142
5/13/2013 11:28:47   
Baron Dante

I don't understand, really. Like. We have the list with the tournament result. Then, we have an all-time list, never to be nulled.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
5/13/2013 11:32:36   
clintonian

Lol I thought the leaderboard stopped keeping count.
Post #: 144
5/13/2013 11:36:32   
Megadragonknight

Basically, I split both of the words "Lifetime" and "All-Time" list. The lifetime list will be the score for the tournaments of the top 100 players and it will be kept in the hall of champion forever. For the All-Time scores, it will be a score of players duelling everyday and earning lots of victory to reach the top. All-Time list will only be score for non-tournament and NOT for tournament. Can you understand now, Baron?
Post #: 145
5/13/2013 11:38:39   
Jmagician

Don't you think you guys are being a bit too paranoid? I am pretty sure Nulgath will reset the LBs when the time comes for another tournament.

Like really, its common sense to do that

But in all honesty, I am really liking Baron's idea about how the tournament should be played out. I feel that it is just merely a contest of who can win battles the fastest.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/13/2013 11:39:54 >
AQW  Post #: 146
5/13/2013 11:41:10   
Megadragonknight

@Jmagician
In real life, I am always paranoid and can exaggerate sometimes. xD Based on common sense, I hope so though Nulgath never mentioned about resetting the LBs but I wish he will reset it soon.
Post #: 147
5/13/2013 11:48:29   
Baron Dante

Mdk: But that's already in place like that. Whether the wins are for a tourney or not shouldn't really affect anything.''J: I'm not. But All-Time shouldn't be nullified for a tourney. Tourneys would use their own List, obviously. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
5/13/2013 11:59:39   
Megadragonknight

Level 20 Templar!

@Baron
I don't know your meaning about "already in place". Oh well, I better scrap the idea about "All-time" and just go back to only Hour and Day LB while the lifetime LB shall be removed since I feel it should only be for tournament score.

I finished my training with Templar, I shall go to bed now to prepare for lesson tomorrow. Bye everyone. See you all tomorrow or Wednesday as I may not probably be free tomorrow.
Post #: 149
5/13/2013 12:00:09   
Jmagician

@Baron: Exactly, there will be a separate list for a Tournament if anything.

@above Congrats! and good night :)
AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 123 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 31«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition