Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

1-Time Upgrade

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 1-Time Upgrade
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/15/2013 22:05:22   
Stabilis

This is a small thought and nothing more, but, suppose we could buy with money/varium the ability to upgrade your character. But hear me out as I have to shortly explain this: the upgrade is to push character development rather than empowerment. The 1-time upgrade I feel rips off almost completely the upgrades you can get in other AE games. If you get what I am talking about by now it is a 1-time "membership" upgrade. The benefits are as follows but can be altered... added to... or subtracted from...

• Experience Boost

• Credit Boost (undecided [though probably necessary])

• Special Access to Items (undecided)

• Special Access to Missions (undecided)

• Special Access to Hairstyles (undecided)

So what do you think about this, with the head of the membership package mainly being the experience boost. If membership lacks a credit boost then giving the experience boost a toggle option would be necessary.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
5/15/2013 22:38:02   
TRizZzCENTRINO

yes i suppose it would work
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/16/2013 1:59:59   
NDB

Yeah, that will definitely bring back business and make people play more.
Epic  Post #: 3
5/16/2013 2:09:27   
kaiseryeux21

reminds me of DragonFable^^. Although its cool, i dont see this being implemented for a very simple reason, it will again bring the "GAP" between var and non var players. As we know, omega was released in order to level the playing field between vars and non var players. Although some of the suggestion doesn't really affects the PVP system, it will still make var players superior over non vars.

Experience boost - this is a varium feature already.
Credit boost - again varium feature already
Special access to items - we have promotional items with unique cores which only the varium players can obtain
Special access to missions - sorry but a big "NO" missions are supppose to be available to everyone. Give non vars some love please.^^
Special access to hairstyles - again we have already hairstyles obtainable only with variums.

DF Epic  Post #: 4
5/16/2013 2:13:31   
goldslayer1

this would be good in games like DF, MQ, etc. but in ED its different.
mainly because the best packages (in terms of value) is $50, and thats usually where the promos are.

so this would just feel like another promo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/16/2013 2:16:58   
kaiseryeux21

@gold, agree with you there. Its just another promo but the only difference is instead of having free items, you got to get some exclusive features. And i dont think its what we need right now. Priority wise, what we need right now is fixing the balance and more battle drops and rewards in order to make PVP more exciting. Anyway, this is a PVP game, all the features being suggested are just like icing on the cake.
DF Epic  Post #: 6
5/16/2013 6:09:58   
Ranloth
Banned

Nope. The only reason one-time exists in the likes of AQ, DF and MQ is because they are single-player games. ED is MMORPG so the one-time payment doesn't exist and won't exist for that reason. It takes much more space than a single-player game and you fight other players as well.

AQW has already done it but Membership still isn't one-time payment. And neither it would be here. I'd rather stay with Varium, nothing else. I can still manage ED money-wise so I like it how it is.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
5/16/2013 6:51:59   
Drianx

Different forms of membership have been suggested multiple times in the past. They repeatedly said they do not like this idea if I remember correctly.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/16/2013 7:01:31   
Stabilis

I hit and miss and this time I missed but oh well.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
5/17/2013 4:47:47   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Going to lock this up since it has been suggested before, but first I will explain a bit.

It is a nice idea and it is something that has been considered in many shapes and forms, however a long long time ago there was Elite, which was a type of membership - that did not work out so it had to be scrapped. There are two main issues with this sadly:

Firstly, we have just done our best to move away from pure exclusivity, meaning that Varium players no longer exactly get Varium only items, they mainly just receive shortcuts to items and upgrades. Bringing in membership instantly reintroduces the exclusivity we have just moved away from.

Secondly, there are already multiple arguments on whether Varium players are now getting too much for their money, or not enough. A lot of contrasting view on this, just to it being a completely subjective topic, but it means that adding yet another level may cause yet another big thing to be constantly complained about and also for us to monitor, the Varium vs Non-Varium vs Members - this is hard because ED is a PvP game, everything implemented effects balance for the most part, especially something like this.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 1-Time Upgrade
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition