Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

"I Take No Prisoners. Kill Them All" -Narnia

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> "I Take No Prisoners. Kill Them All" -Narnia
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2013 1:06:55   
LatinLover/Martini

So you may ask, LATIN WHAT DOES YOUR TITLE HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

My suggestion is, why dont we let poison be able to defeat your opponent. If your opponent has 6hp left and your poison is 13, you should be able to defeat them. Plus, it would create better balance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/20/2013 1:25:14   
Tushar

I support...
I don't understand it... Now it can be buffed why not kill them with total damage?
Epic  Post #: 2
5/20/2013 2:18:58   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Supported,

How can a poison not kill you to death? That doesn't make no sense.
Epic  Post #: 3
5/20/2013 4:12:05   
EpicIsEpic

supported! Never undertstood why it can't (lost phew battles due to poison working this way)
Post #: 4
5/20/2013 4:14:59   
Xendran

Supported because that's the entire purpose of poisoning somebody.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
5/20/2013 7:51:37   
Noobatron x3000

Idk how are you supposed to work out how much damage their next attack is going to do (as you don't know what they're going to do) whether they are going to crit? You could end up loosing a fight through healing when you didn't need too or luck could screw you . I can't support this
Post #: 6
5/20/2013 8:12:25   
Xendran

quote:

Idk how are you supposed to work out how much damage their next attack is going to do (as you don't know what they're going to do)

If you aren't willing to put in the effort to work out their most likely move, and the highest amount of damage they are capable of dealing to you on the next turn, that is your fault, and yours alone.

quote:

You could end up loosing a fight through healing when you didn't need too

And?
This point is actually in favor of lethal poison, because it implements new strategies based around luring players into healing at specific times.
This whole game is ABOUT making people lose fights.
Not every move you do is supposed to be hand-held by the devs, made sure that it's always perfect power, always a good use of energy, etc.
No. You can screw up badly with resource management, and if you do, you have to deal with it by either compensating or losing.

quote:

or luck could screw you

If you havent learned risk management, that's your fault. The luck is going to kill you anyway because of how powerful it is in this game, but you should always be aware of approximately (or exactly) how high an enemy can crit you for.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/20/2013 8:13:46 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
5/20/2013 8:55:46   
Noobatron x3000

I always work out someones highest Potential damage . And working out what they are most likely to do is all well and good but there are no guarantees that's what they will do. The luck note is the only place i completely disagree luck factors have made this game take a turn for the worse. Making luck even more soul destroying with this change is not something I would ever support.
Post #: 8
5/20/2013 9:15:48   
Khalix

I suppose the reason why the devs didn't make poison capable of killing is that is:

For example, I have a poison that deals 12 damage every turn for 3 turns and an opponent that has 35 health. By the time I apply the poison, it will be a guaranteed kill if the target has no bloodlust or other healing capabilities.

In a 2v2, that means you can completely ignore a target after he/she reached a certain health threshold. It's a semi-guaranteed death after all.

And, in the event this suggestion happens, poison will become popularized in 2v2's, leading to complaints about balance due to its effectiveness.

Unsupported.
Epic  Post #: 9
5/20/2013 9:34:02   
Xendran

Actually, poison doesn't kill you because of an engine limitation that prevents you from dying on your own turn.

quote:

Making luck even more soul destroying with this change is not something I would ever support.

You mean in the chance that you are poisoned, get crit, and are at enough HP to get killed from poison?
First of all, in that situation you're going to die either way unless YOU get lucky. Second of all, that specific situation appears in far far below 1% of the turns taken in this game.

quote:

And, in the event this suggestion happens, poison will become popularized in 2v2's, leading to complaints about balance due to its effectiveness.

This is a blatant lie. This change is not even remotely powerful enough to suddenly make everybody use poison.
This sounds like an exaggerated claim used to protect a build that is weak to poison.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/20/2013 9:38:31 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
5/20/2013 9:53:25   
Stabilis

quote:

Actually, poison doesn't kill you because of an engine limitation that prevents you from dying on your own turn.

Yes, which is why poison ought to be applied at the end of the user's turn (stronger), or at the beginning of the user's next turn (weaker).
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
5/20/2013 10:44:19   
Khalix

quote:

This is a blatant lie. This change is not even remotely powerful enough to suddenly make everybody use poison.
This sounds like an exaggerated claim used to protect a build that is weak to poison.

At lvl 35 with defenses mostly at a minimum of 30 and the fact poison hits through armor, it's rather easy to see why it would become more-so used among the high-levels. Again, I'll state that you can ignore someone's poisoned partner to die if their health is within the poison's total damage.

From the example earlier:

35 hp
12+12+12=36

Again, if the target could not heal, it's lethal in its own right. With the current status of poison right now, you have to use a turn to kill off the weakened person- The present mechanic also allows for healing at the last moment that would allow the victim another chance.

---

Seeing as I cannot prove that it will be popularized, I see no proof on how you can prove that it won't be.

< Message edited by Khalix -- 5/20/2013 12:32:06 >
Epic  Post #: 12
5/20/2013 12:27:18   
EpicIsEpic

Luck is ALREADY a problem! (no fair fights)
Heal cores poison, so only thing that Khalix is could be worried about is that lets say merc is out of energy and has used generate and has low hp and his parnter has enough mana to use poison even tho poison doesn't pay off. Why? Because poison costs more energy than the dmg it deals and lets say for heal it is opposite meaning that heal would use less mana giving more hp.
To summerize
Heal:1mana>1hp
poison:1mana<1hp
Post #: 13
5/20/2013 12:31:11   
Khalix

quote:

Heal cores poison, so only thing that Khalix is could be worried about is that lets say merc is out of energy and has used generate and has low hp and his parnter has enough mana to use poison even tho poison doesn't pay off. Why? Because poison costs more energy than the dmg it deals and lets say for heal it is opposite meaning that heal would use less mana giving more hp.

You confuse me...

I've already explained the situation as best as I could, you've just made it complicated.
As for the damage payoff, it's justified in that it hits through armor, no matter how tanked up the person is.
Epic  Post #: 14
5/20/2013 13:45:17   
..Jasmine..

Even though i hate poison moves I support this idea
Epic  Post #: 15
5/20/2013 14:23:01   
Vagaran

Sounds like a good idea, supported!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 16
5/20/2013 15:20:29   
EpicIsEpic

@khalix
Same with the heal... no matter what your defenses are your heal allways will heal the same.
Also within 3 turns most battles vs support mercs end to me. So while poison is doin' its thing the battle will already be ended.
Post #: 17
5/20/2013 15:45:20   
DARK SOUL OF HELL

100 % supporting .
it really doesn't make any sense y poison couldn't kill a person .
in some cases poison don't do anything ( if the opponent has 1 hp )
Post #: 18
5/20/2013 16:54:37   
beastmo

Not Supported. Whats the point of that? Everyone would be using a High HP max poison build just slowly lowering people down over and over again. This is just going to make hp and "poison" spam.
Epic  Post #: 19
5/20/2013 19:04:00   
xGreen Warriorx

Supported.

Currently poison is most effectively used at the beginning of battles, because in order to not completely waste your heal you have to wait a few turns before healing. Using poison twice in one battle either costs too much energy, or wastes your poison bot which couldve been used for a strong attack, so this shouldn't make poison OP.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/20/2013 19:49:33   
toopygoo

agreed.! supported

however for all you haters, i have another preposition: poison kills, if they have less hp left than half of its damage.

i do support it wholeheartedly myself however.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/20/2013 22:42:41   
LatinLover/Martini

Even though luck is a tributing factor how does that even relate to poison defeating your opponent...?
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/20/2013 23:58:00   
TRizZzCENTRINO

another buff to botanical hazard, not great for balance but great for my caster techmage build. :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/21/2013 0:14:15   
NDB

^ exactly my thought.
Epic  Post #: 24
5/21/2013 2:24:39   
EpicIsEpic

^ Wow same.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> "I Take No Prisoners. Kill Them All" -Narnia
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition