Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mutant Carnax War - AQ Crossover

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Mutant Carnax War - AQ Crossover
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2013 13:16:29   
Xendran

Mutant Carnax War

Carnax has made his way to Delta V.
Baelius, alydriah or whoever gets ahold of him/it somehow.
They do their thing. Mutations, armor-plated bladed tail, all the good stuff.
Mutant Carnax with giant claws and other monstrosities.

There will be some NPCs and story and shops and whatnot, I'll let the devs handle that.

This war provides some interesting opportunities, such as 3-5v1 battles.
Carnax and his body parts will take sustained damage, akin to the DeltaVault.

Mutant Carnax has begun spawning minions all over Delta V!
You may encounter them randomly in 1v1 matches randomly replacing a player.
You may encounter then randomly in 2v2 matches, randomly replacing a team.
You may challenge them as NPCs.

Defeating a spawn will deal damage to carnax (or the current part being fought in war) based on the spawn's max HP.
The number in the Carnax Spawn name should not be shown in game
Only the scaling spawn will appear in random battles
There will be a "Challenge Carnax Head-On!" Button that pits you and other players against Carnax's body parts, and eventually him as a whole.

Players will be able to see the overall progress of the current Phase by looking at the War Bar at the top of the screen.
Clicking the war bar will open a screen showing all of Carnax's body parts individual health bars.
Carnax will also have a bar showing how many player kills he has.
The more players Carnax kills, the stronger he becomes. The numbers for this are unknown, as i can't get a reasonable estimate at how many kills per hour carnax would be getting.

There will be tiered achievements based on how much damage you deal to Carnax over the course of the war.

The spawn rate of Carnax spawn should be rather high, and a viable alternative to taking Carnax on head-on.
This encourages still PvPing during the war, and lets lower level players contribute to the war while still progressing.

CD: Carnax Damage. Damage dealt to carnax upon defeating.

Carnax Spawn (Scaling)
Level: playerLevel+5
HP: level*5
EP: level*4.33
CD: hp*2.65

Carnax Spawn 1
HP: 165
EP: 540
CD: 350

Carnax Spawn 2
HP: 250
EP: 200
CD: 445

Carnax Spawn 3
HP: 500
EP: 250
CD: 900

Carnax Spawn 4
HP: 1000
EP: 300
CD: 1900

=CARNAX BATTLE PHASES=

===Phase 1===

Phase 1 is the Weakening Phase. Players must either destroy spawn, or attack carnax directly with a teammate to weakne his limbs.
Press "Challenge Carnax Head-On!" to be put into matchmaking for 2v1 against a Carnax body part.
Carnax has infinite energy.

Carnax's body parts in this phase all share the same stats except for Health and Energy.
Upon a body part being defeated, players will be able to claim a reward to help them continue the battle against the others!

The rewards go into your inventory as items. They are always active against Carnax as long as they remain in your inventory.
These rewards will work on all phases of the Carnax war.

Front Right Leg
HP: 275,000,000
2v1
Reward: Golden Carnax Claw
Golden Carnax Claw grants +5 HP Gain on all attacks against carnax

Front Left Leg
HP: 275,000,000
2v1
Reward: Frozen Carnax Claw
Frozen Carnax Claw crants +5 EP Gain on all attacks against Carnax

Back Right Leg
HP: 100,000,000
2v1
Reward: Deformed Carnax Claw
Deformed Carnax Claw grants +5 damage to all ranged attacks against Carnax

Back Left Leg
HP: 100,000,000
2v1
Reward: Carnax Claw
Mutated Carnax Claw grants +5 damage to all melee attacks against Carnax

The body part rewards are free. The phase rewards below are found in a shop, and are not free.
Phase Reward: Probably some awesome weapons. Devs can handle this, feel free to suggest your own.

NOTE REGARDING THE POWER OF THE REWARDS: Carnax's attacks will be powerful enough to wipe out even the most admirable attempt at infinitely heal looping him.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Specials that activate on carnax are ONLY for carnax, not for his spawn. Carnax spawn are immune.

===Phase 2===

Phase 2 is the weapon phase.
The warriors of Delta V have weakened Carnax and are now attempting to cut off his tail in order to use its plating to smith weapons.

Armored Tail
HP: 350,000,000
3v1
Reward: Volatile Alloy Blade

The Volatile Alloy Blade is a stat-locked level 1 weapon.

Cost: Free (First Time) / 5000 credits (After)
Damage: +0
Strength: -65
Dexterity: -25
Technology: -25
Support: -65

Passive Core: Symbiotic Volatility
+55 Poison damage added to strikes when fighting Carnax

Active Core: Plunge (Carnax's Head Only) - Plunge the blade directly into one of Carnax's Eyes
Deals 20 poison damage per turn for the rest of the duel.
Carnax's blood corrodes the weapon, destroying it at the end of the duel.
A replacement may be purchased from the reward shop.

Head
HP: 750,000,000
3v1
Reward: Eye of Carnax

Mission: Forge the Blade
Bring the Eye of Carnax and one Volatile Alloy Blade to [War NPC]
Cutscene: Forging a blade with a fragment of Carnax's Eye embedded into the hilt.

Phase Reward Shop:
Mutated Carnax Blade
Mutating Weapon
Level 25

Passive Core: Carnax's Blood
Converts strike damage to poison AFTER defence/resistance
10% Defence/Resist piercing
Carnax Only: 20 bonus poison damage on strikes

===Phase 3===

Phase 3 is the final battle against Carnax. Not much about it has to be said other than it needs to be Epic, and he needs to hit like a truck.

Mutated Carnax
HP: 2,000,000,000
5v1

Reward Shop: Devs can handle it
Additional Reward: Upon defeating such a mighty beast, the people of Delta V feel stronger than ever! The level cap has been raised to 37.

Numbers based on:
Estimated ~1000 player average.
~35 damage per turn against carnax body parts and spawn with standard gear
~10 seconds per turn
~3500 dps
~12,600,000 Damage per Hour

The estimated player count may seem a bit high, but the damage per turn is rather conservative, considering the power boost the rewards give (Specifically the alloy blade).

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/21/2013 5:59:15 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
5/20/2013 15:17:50   
EpicIsEpic

Supported... we need new stuff!
Post #: 2
5/20/2013 15:29:55   
Lord Machaar

Would like to see this in-game, it's time to pick it up devs and do something for real this time...
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
5/20/2013 16:47:39   
martinsen5

Sounds interesting! Supported.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/20/2013 21:30:06   
TRizZzCENTRINO

glad that you have finally suggested what we discussed in-game the other day, sounds interesting, even better than the infernal war i guess

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 5/20/2013 22:41:32 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/20/2013 23:12:12   
toopygoo

i support, but request we wait a little? i dont get off school for the summer for another 2 months.. id really appreciate if i got as much time as everyone else on this :$
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/20/2013 23:43:32   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above you cannot make everyone happy, so what if it got delayed for another 2 months because someone doesn't have the time for it? and then another 2 months because another player cannot play it? this is not how a game or business works, we can't expect fairness for all when we have players from all over the world
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/20/2013 23:46:44   
toopygoo

lets be honest.. although the request was futile... they wouldnt release something this big for over a month anyways
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/20/2013 23:55:06   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yup i know, just clearing it up in-case anyone else comes in here and request these things. artworks for the event is the easy part but coding would take atleast 1 or 2 months.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/21/2013 0:40:58   
Rayman
Banned

^
And we have a new war coming soon so it's fine.

Supported
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/21/2013 0:56:45   
Renegade Reaper

sounds interesting, i would definitely spend a few all nighters on this. i support.

< Message edited by Renegade Reaper -- 5/21/2013 0:57:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/21/2013 1:02:03   
CHELSEA ROX

Sounds fun supported
Epic  Post #: 12
5/21/2013 5:34:38   
Mysterion.

Took the time to read through the whole post and here are my findings (issues, comments, questions etc etc)

quote:

You may encounter them randomly in 1v1 matches randomly replacing a player.
You may encounter then randomly in 2v2 matches, randomly replacing a team.
You may challenge them as NPCs.

Question 1:
So, they count towards the Battle Records when matched randomly, and dont count when challenged, i hope?
Or this will end up like in Delta = NPC'ing for good records.
Or this will cause the problem for players who are going for dailies, because it takes up there time extremely when it does not count towards their record.

Question 2:
The scaling carnax will appear in random battles.
But, how will the level of the spawn be decided in a 2vs2, as your formula says ''levelplayer+5''?

quote:

The body part rewards are free. The phase rewards below are found in a shop, and are not free.
Phase Reward: Probably some awesome weapons. Devs can handle this, feel free to suggest your own.

You mean War/Event rewards?
Phases are Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omega. A war is not a phase.

quote:

Additional Reward: Upon defeating such a mighty beast, the people of Delta V feel stronger than ever! The level cap has been raised to 37.

That's not gonna happen.
Or you want this war next year?

4. You did not mention anywhere how to take on the Carnax Spawn 1/2/3/4?

For the rest, i like the idea of it.
Must have took a while to get this idea finished.
Epic  Post #: 13
5/21/2013 5:58:37   
Xendran

1. They only count in the random, because the random battle one scales to your level.
2. Since its 2 players vs 2 spawn, the spawn would just be +5 of the player across from them
3. War phase, the war is split into 3 phases.
4. I don't see why the level cap wouldn't be raised. Not raising it would be a bad decision, people need things to do in this game or else they're going to quit like so many people already have.
5. Carnax spawn 1/2/3/4 are the ones you can challenge.

Surprisingly, it only took around 30 minutes to make.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/21/2013 6:00:15 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
5/21/2013 6:01:42   
toopygoo

raising it up to 37 is a big jump... maybe 36 at most.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/21/2013 6:07:50   
Xendran

2 levels is not a big jump. Most games increase the level cap by amounts like 10, 20, 50 or even introducing new skills like runescape, which go to 99 (or 120 in the case of dungeoneering).
ED has had jumps of 5 before.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/21/2013 6:09:43 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
5/21/2013 6:22:21   
Mysterion.

quote:

1. They only count in the random, because the random battle one scales to your level.

That will be fun to develop.

quote:

I don't see why the level cap wouldn't be raised.

Because they only raise it once a year.
You want it raised by 2 levels after 1 single war?

I can tell you this, not gonna happen.
You can discuss this as much as you want, but they wont do it, simple as.

quote:

5. Carnax spawn 1/2/3/4 are the ones you can challenge.

No. 4 is a 2vs1 'Boss' then, i hope?
I dont see any build beating a 1000 Health NPC in its own..

quote:

Surprisingly, it only took around 30 minutes to make.

That surprises me aswell.
So you made up all the numbers, formulas, weapons, cores, basically everything in only 30 minutes?
I doubt that to be honest..
Epic  Post #: 17
5/21/2013 6:46:09   
Xendran

quote:

I can tell you this, not gonna happen.
You can discuss this as much as you want, but they wont do it, simple as.

Well that's their loss. They don't seem to really know how to keep players interested in ED, level cap raises are one of the bigger ones.

quote:

That surprises me aswell.
So you made up all the numbers, formulas, weapons, cores, basically everything in only 30 minutes?
I doubt that to be honest..

I might do a stream of me designing game skills and concepts some time.
When I say that ED doesn't have a true game designer, i mean it. The rate at which concepts like this can be created is incredibly fast when it's what you focus on purely.
The reason it takes so long for the ED devs to do things is because Titan and Rabble are both split between programming and balance, both of which are the most time consuming, volatile and difficult aspects of a game.

EDIT: As for cores, they're extremely fast to create. 100+ of the cores i suggested in the 2.1 thread that's currently stickied were made in one sitting of about 2.5 hours.

quote:

No. 4 is a 2vs1 'Boss' then, i hope?
I dont see any build beating a 1000 Health NPC in its own..

Yeah, most likely.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/21/2013 6:49:56 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 18
5/21/2013 7:12:54   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

Well that's their loss. They don't seem to really know how to keep players interested in ED, level cap raises are one of the bigger ones.

hmm yeah i agree since level cap raise and new events are what keeps the high level players playing. right now high level players do not have a purpose in PVP apart from earning credits and wins/loss
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/21/2013 7:35:45   
Xendran

Level cap raise also allows for some competition. I remember i had loads of fun racing for first to level 32. I just BARELY got there first, Misery levelled up mere minutes after me.
It took 12 hours and was a lot of fun, almost like going for a daily.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
5/21/2013 7:45:04   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm not much into bringing Carnax into ED. You'd need a decent story to go along with it and explain how he got onto Delta V which is set in the same universe as MQ, if I recall correctly. I didn't like how Carnax was done in AQW since that kinda ruined him compared to AQ so yeah. Kathool would be a bit better since he appears in MQ, has lived throughout the reset - just like Warlic - and has even appeared in DF. Therefore, assuming that the reset did not occur yet, Kathool should still be around just like he is (or was?) in MQ.

Idea is fine, but I'm a bit meh about bringing Carnax specifically to ED. It'd have to tie in somehow since you're bringing the same monster into yet another universe which is prior to the Lore's reset. I'm not sure if that'd even work due to not tying with the story in AQ and AQW (latter being the merge of AQ, DF and MQ).
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
5/21/2013 8:11:37   
Smackie El Frog

If you are going to rip things from AQ you can do better. Why not go for The'Galin, The Uncreator? Surely the has been around for over 5000 years and can go where ever he pleases, say, Delta V! Plus he has his own army the network that we can try to mow through in an event?

But if you take from AQ it is not such an easy task due to AQ's extensively complex storyline and as trans stated about the reset. I'd love to see an avatar of Falerin's appear and sell us goodies like Dage The Evil to help us prepare for The Devourer's imminent uncreation.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/21/2013 8:15:15   
Xendran

quote:

Why not go for The'Galin, The Uncreator? Surely the has been around for over 5000 years and can go where ever he pleases, say, Delta V!

I'd be fine with whatever, i'm mainly interested in the style and scale of the war, rather than it being specifically Carnax, or even a crossover from AQ.

Heck, we could have The'Galin summon Carnax, and end up with The'Galin riding on Carnax :P
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 23
5/21/2013 8:38:10   
Ranloth
Banned

Another possibility is Eldron, AQ's NPC. Based on the following link: http://prntscr.com/15xxaq - he is on AQ's Lore and on Delta V which is prior to the reset and - obviously - ED. We have yet to see him get involved in ED's storyline but this confirms (alongside with saving Charfade) that ED is on AE's Timeline and happens prior to the reset and co-exists with MQ on the same timeline. :D
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
5/21/2013 8:42:26   
Smackie El Frog

Eldron's Owl bot FTW!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Mutant Carnax War - AQ Crossover
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition