Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Gathering Of Power: Shadows [BOOK 1]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Gathering Of Power: Shadows [BOOK 1]
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/21/2013 3:12:08   
Xion V

This story takes place during Chapter One of the DragonFable story, so all events will be aligned with that era, and not the Chapter Two era. This is my first story in a while, and first fanfiction ever, so please leave criticism on the Discussion page. I plan on making this story VERY long (different parts will have different names), so if you are looking for a quick story and not a saga, this is not the place for you! Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

CHAPTER I
A New Challenger

The day was bright, a cool breeze was flowing over the land, mixing with the warmth of the sun to create a perfect mix of weather. A man rested against the trunk of a tree, head back and arms up, the day was beautiful, and nothing could ruin it. As time passed, it seemed that the man began to fall asleep, his last wisps of consciousness slipping away... sleeping on such a wonderful day.

~Elsewhere~
A dark power was waiting, gathering its strength to cause an uprising, a stir of events, a war. This was no ordinary villain however, oh no, this was a "man" scarred by battle, loss, and his own actions. This "man's" name was well-known, he was the dark lord... speaking his name inspired fear, he was Sepulchure. Whether the consciousness of this being really remains in that shell of DoomKnight armor no one knows, but the terror that resides in it is well known, and plans to make a grasp over Lore. Tearing apart heroes, families, civilians, anyone that dared to stand by in his path, delaying his onslaught.

A female spoke, "Sire, the man, he.. he is just resting." she said.
Feelings of despair struck the room, creating a painful aura..
The Lord replied, "That does not matter, you will keep surveillance over him, and you will eliminate him if he makes a move." he said.

The woman's voice quivered, anger was in the DoomKnight's voice, and that caused fear greater than death ever could, "Y-y-yes Sire, whatever you p-please!" she replied.

The DoomKnight's voice lightened, "Good, now, we seek out the Dragon Boxes." he told the woman, his tone now very firm.
Despair fled the room, but how could one not feel it whilst in the presence of the almighty DoomKnight?
She questioned the DoomKnight, "Who shall I send, mi'lord?"

Sepulchure replied almost instantaneously, as if he had the plans laid out right in front of him, "The descendant of Slugwrath shall go."

"Yes, mi'lord" she quietly replied, exiting the room soon after.
The woman's thoughts were running rampant, rushing in and out of her head.
What were his plans? Why does he need the Boxes? What is his end game?

Silence sought out the room, and was soon shooed out by a "companion" of the DoomKnight...
"HAHAHAHAHA! YOU REALLY TRUST THAT WORM WITH THIS TASK?" shouted the Necrotic Blade of Doom.

Sepulchure replied, his tone still firm, "Drakath will come through, or he shall be met with consequences."
From that moment on, life in Lore would never be the same...

CHAPTER I END

(USED ON A DIFFERENT SITE BY ME)

< Message edited by Xion V -- 6/18/2013 12:14:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/23/2013 10:35:20   
Xion V

From here on out the story will not follow DragonFable exactly, I plan on changing the order of things, but still keeping the main plot, and changing some of the choices the hero makes along the way, eventually making his true alignment with Good or Evil. Enjoy!

CHAPTER II
The Legend begins?

As the man lay under the cool shade of the tree overhead, the wonderfully light breeze he enjoyed was quickly dismissed by a barrage of wind gusts, causing him to open his eyes and see what lay in front of him. Blinking a few times to confirm the sight, the man laid star struck by the sight flying in the sky, a beast was roaming above headed directly for his patch of land. Feelings of worry ran through his body, with goosebumps attacking his body, he had his sword drawn prepared for battle. The most surprising part of this encounter was what came off the dragon... a woman covered in white robes trimmed with gold, accompanied by a small red moglin. The woman carried a Black Box with a dragon head imprinted on the front, peaking the interest of the man. As the two dismounted the dragon, the red beast flew off, making some inaudible noises.

The man, now relieved, made an attempt to speak to the rushing companions.
"Is there something I can help you with, ma'am?" he uttered.

Swiftly and silently the woman replied, "No, no, just passing through."

The little red moglin spoke, "B-but I thought you said that he was the-"
"Hush! Now hurry along!" the woman harshly interrupted.
A small feeling of pity fell upon the man, but another feeling of confusion struck him.
What had the moglin meant to say? What did she say I was, and how did she know me?

The odd pair rushed off, leaving the man distraught and confused, he decided to resume his relaxation against the trunk of the tree, which would prove rather difficult.

Mere minutes passed before a small moglin came flying from across the way, smashing himself into the other side of the tree, which would be quite alarming to anyone. The moglin seemed to be the little red one from earlier, surprised, the man posed against the other side jumped up to see what had happened.

"What is your name, little one?" he questioned.
Nervous and hurt, the red moglin spoke with a slur of words, "Agorrillaphantattacking! O-overthere!" he rushed out.

Drakath would soon reach his destination, where he would snatch the Black Box with ease, what's going to stop him? A little red moglin and a Priestess?
"Hah, this will be too easy!" he thought.
The Black Box will be mine! After that, my rightful place on the throne!

Drakath continued ranting to himself about the glory he would earn, the respect, and the fear. Although the bandit leader would soon realize that he would not claim what he did not earn.

As the man went on his way after assisting the Priestess and her moglin, which he discovered was named Twilly, he was asked by the Priestess to deliver a message to the Knight Rolith for her.
At Oaklore Keep, he asked for guidance towards Sir Rolith. Soon after meeting him, they exchanged greetings, and he delivered the message from the Priestess, telling Rolith of the path the she took.

The conversation took a sudden turn as Rolith shouted, "SHE'S TAKING A SHORTCUT!?"
A sudden change in volume startled the young man for a few moments.
Surprised, he took a moment to respond, "Yes, she told me to inform you, is something wrong?"

"Of course something is wrong! You need to get to her, and fast!" Rolith continued.
What could be wrong? Is some ancient beast waiting along the path?
"How? She's probably long gone by now!" the man replied.

"You don't understand, the shortcut Lady Celestia took, it's riddled with bandits! Take the bridge outside of the keep, my Knights will guide you there! Now hurry, Avius, go!" Rolith said, before rushing the hero out of the keep.
A sudden worry rushed through Avius.
"Well, it looks like she needs my help after all! I'd better hurry though, this could end bad if I don't." he thought to himself.

CHAPTER II END

(USED ON A DIFFERENT SITE BY ME)

< Message edited by Xion V -- 6/18/2013 12:14:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Gathering Of Power: Shadows [BOOK 1]
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition