Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 125 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 125 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/24/2013 21:08:53   
aliesterus

@Combat: I think Sunburn would be a GREAT DoT! First you hit them with a tiny burst of sun(no, not VoT sun, SMALL damage!), of about maybe 300 damage, which then proceeds to give the opponent a 100 DoT over the rest of the game. 100 isn't a lot and easily blocked, a minor inconvenience until it stacks up... but honestly, the cost of 6 should be enough to keep others away from using this too much... right?

For the next Shadow CC(since this is series 1), Howsabout we make a card call Shieldburner? Utterly destroys the opponents shield, and if the opponent has at least 500 you gain 10 energy. The opponent is healed by 300 for each 500 shields broken. Requires two cards to discard as a cost. Of course using this when the opponent is at half health and has 2000 shields isn't advisable for obvious reasons :P
AQW  Post #: 76
5/24/2013 21:09:08   
Cyberbeast10

I think that the new CC for Light should focus on something LIGHT doesn't have, which is a unique card which is kind of like a Counter. The way it would work is that it acts like a counter in the sense that it damages your opponent, but not in the sense it negates the damage.

What I am saying is that I would like LIGHT to get a tool to confront DoT and burst damages by having an ability that allows them to inflict the same amount of damage they take back to their opponent. A well-placed move like this can

I think with Bi-weekly releases, they have more time to crank out more unique cards.

AQW Epic  Post #: 77
5/24/2013 21:21:45   
Combat dummy

@Aliesterus: No, Maybe 15 Charge And Up The Initial Strike To 500
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
5/24/2013 21:22:08   
aliesterus

@Cyberbeast: Take a look at my suggestion above you.
AQW  Post #: 79
5/24/2013 21:33:27   
Cyberbeast10

I don't think DoTs (Especially slow acting) fit LIGHT playstyle. Lights fight in the heat of the moment using many instant acting techniques that have a focus on aggressiveness. Lights should be getting cards act instantly. In the case of the card I proposed, it was a 1-turn unlimited reflection move to provide a form of defensive-offensive, which compliments Lights since they use Heal cards as well.

As for Shadows, they are more consistent-damage classes (Which is why they have a lot of "free" moves and Dot), so an adequate card would be something like an Attack Card that also made you draw 1 card (It supports the playstyle because it makes the probability of you attacking next turn more likely)

Edit: That card you mentioned for Shadows is better for FIRE, since they have a painful playstyle.

< Message edited by Cyberbeast10 -- 5/24/2013 21:35:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
5/24/2013 21:36:22   
aliesterus

@Combat: Okay, that seems reasonable. But I think if the damage is at 500, then placing charge cost at maybe 10 would be best. Otherwise it'll just become discard fodder for everyone.

@Cyberbeast: Actually a DoT like I mentioned would suit them well... It's long lasting, deals a bit of damage, and fits the theme of light, I mean, c'mon, Sunburn! Haven't you allways wanted a move called that? XD
AQW  Post #: 81
5/24/2013 21:40:32   
Cyberbeast10

I would prefer something like "Sunflare, a nuke move that deals both damage to the shield and unblockable damage to the HP. LIGHTS really aren't all that built to stall. Ice characters would prefer something like that, considering how they love their shields.
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
5/24/2013 21:41:57   
Combat dummy

@Cyberbeast: Something Like That Is Too Strong, M aybe Active For 2 Turns, It Acts As A Type Of Iron Hide Because Opponent Will Be Somewhat Afraid To Attack.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
5/24/2013 21:43:16   
aliesterus

Here's the best card of all time guys, play the card and everyone on every server dies. Including all the monstesr. Everyone except you that is. Great card right? XD
AQW  Post #: 84
5/24/2013 21:46:22   
BiasedBass

Quick question, how rare is it to encounter the overfiend blade?
And a DOT for the whole game is pretty op.

< Message edited by BiasedBass -- 5/24/2013 21:48:03 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 85
5/24/2013 21:47:14   
Cyberbeast10

@Combat: It was only meant to be active for 1 turn, so...why do you propose to extend its duration? Its purpose is to allow you to counter start-up DoTs with only 1 tick, such as Retribution, MoD and Mountain Strike. The opponent can counter this card by stunning the player ahead of time, so this card creates mindgames.

but, I would also like energy draining skills to come into play soon, so there exists more counters for stuff like this, as it is still quite powerful.

@Bass: Not as rare as you would think. I can encounter it at least once every hour, but capturing it is another story. Make sure you are checking in the correct map, however, or else you'll never find it.

< Message edited by Cyberbeast10 -- 5/24/2013 21:48:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
5/24/2013 21:49:45   
BiasedBass

@Cyber Im debating to use a soul gem or not right now to capture it.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 87
5/24/2013 21:49:50   
aliesterus

So, no comments on my utterly destructive morale breaking card?
AQW  Post #: 88
5/24/2013 21:54:42   
Cyberbeast10

@aliesterus: It's a bit overpowered. Might need to make the energy cost 21.

@BiasedBass: IMO, I don't think you should use SG on anything that isn't confirmed to be perma-rare as capturing something quickly just gives you less things to do. It eventually gets to the point where all you have to do is level because you captured everything too quickly. But, that is just me. It has a low possession chance, but it shows up often enough so you don't go mad when you fail...unlike Poison Drake.

I will capture it...one of these days.
AQW Epic  Post #: 89
5/24/2013 21:56:07   
BiasedBass

@Cyber Haha I feel you, but I've been so busy lately I haven't played this game in about a month and a half lol so I decided to capture it and not waste my time.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
5/24/2013 21:58:33   
aliesterus

@Cyberbeast: I think "a bit overpowered", or Overpowered at all, would be an understatement XD

Energy Cost 21?! Then those people who uses generic programs would destroy the game!!! Sounds like fun right?
AQW  Post #: 91
5/24/2013 22:10:48   
Megadragonknight

Yo, seems like Bi-weekly have officially begin. Well that's good since we will have better quality release in the upcoming weeks. Also, does anyone know how does Amazons and Seraphim look like? Could it be the Amazons will look like one of the female character in the Retribution card image character? For Seraphim, it is like an archangel so it could be Anauel?
Post #: 92
5/24/2013 22:23:51   
BiasedBass

You guys think Dire Monk is worth the grind? Or is Monk a pretty solid character by itself.

EDIT:@below Thanks for your input!

< Message edited by BiasedBass -- 5/24/2013 22:39:04 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 93
5/24/2013 22:33:31   
Megadragonknight

@BB
Dire Monk is worthy and furthermore he only cost 4 SG and gain an empower card which will help to discard any cards you don't need and give extra 300 damage to any damage card especially power strike which will deal 1100 damage!
Post #: 94
5/24/2013 22:39:15   
Combat dummy

I Got #thatRainbowPower
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
5/24/2013 22:52:42   
Megadragonknight

@BB
Your welcome!
Post #: 96
5/24/2013 23:15:46   
Agaraoth2

I think that every element should have a card that restores 10 elemental points we have 3 so far
AQW  Post #: 97
5/24/2013 23:24:35   
Mirai Hoshino

So only one more week until my Light Fairy gets a much-needed boost, depending on which cards turn up. She's my only light character. Wait, are Amazons light characters? If so, then the master Amazon could become my main light character.
AQW  Post #: 98
5/25/2013 0:06:06   
Deathknight17

Guys, so does it mean rainbowtheus will be going perma rare? If so, then I have 2 light permas :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
5/25/2013 0:25:38   
kise2

Rainbotheus is very good.
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 125 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition