Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 126 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 126 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2013 20:32:46   
Lemonus

Um, isn't Taro kinda lame? :/ Just look at that deck. It's generic.

YOU CAN GET CORRUPTION!? *evil laugh
DF AQW  Post #: 651
6/14/2013 20:33:28   
Beck

@NDB
*looks at his own 15+ 101 Attack cards* D:

Just... take a look at your character's base deck and figure of it they need more attack, defense, or specials. Then add accordingly, and in moderation.

Or just throw 3 Corruptions in there and discard everything else, every turn.
AQW  Post #: 652
6/14/2013 21:25:42   
DeathGuard

Almost done with my last character concept and then will be free to finish lvling up my Sir Galahad O.O
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 653
6/14/2013 21:58:07   
Fallen Crest

I just threw 3 corruptions on my Orc Chief. He's already tanky, so the most powerful DoT makes the difference. He'll have 20 cards too.
AQW  Post #: 654
6/14/2013 22:46:04   
Voltaggia 1551

Hm... I still can't believe they would add Iron Hide into CC. 1000 shield for 2 turns is still op especially when someone can draw one every 2/3 turns.
AQ AQW  Post #: 655
6/14/2013 23:05:39   
Antithesis

If they're focusing on using energy to play Iron Hide every second turn, then that means that they won't be able to do much damage.

Fire, for example, could potentially do enough damage every turn to overcome the 1000 defense provided.
Also, timing is truly of the essence when fighting a Neutral player who is spamming Iron Hides. Focus on burst damage, or swap out cards while you wait for a good opening.
It's also fairly effective to use DoTs to lower their overall defense-per-turn, which makes damage even easier.
(Also Ice can still just stun them and then do burst damage)

Cheers!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 656
6/14/2013 23:14:29   
Char

Whooot! Saw some guy playing OS as LittleRascal. I might have a dopple :'D

On Topic: We really need a limit to the amount of times a certain card can be put in a deck.

< Message edited by Little Rascal -- 6/14/2013 23:15:04 >

The only stupid questions are the ones left unasked.
~(Char is forgetful of names)

The List! Is amazing!
Post #: 657
6/14/2013 23:51:46   
Jmagician

Hmm, the amount of content in this release is not what is troubling me. It is more of the fact that Nulgath is not being smart with his releases. I am getting the feeling that SGs are kind of useless nowadays as Taro CLEARLY proves to be a PumpkinLord #2. Maybe they want us to CC him as he doesn't even have his OWN signature card Death Flow. But, if this is the case then they should have made his deck less than 15 to properly do it. I would like to see characters specifically designed to be CC. It would be interesting. As to go more in depth in this release, they had two weeks to give us this. This should have made up for the small team that they currently have. If this is what they had to offer us in two weeks time, then they must have been working their butt off to an extent I cannot even fathom for all those other weekly releases.

I hope that in the future of OS, shortcuts and good looks aren't the only thing paid currency has to offer us. I as a customer want to feel a rush when I get something I pay valued money for. The release itself was a good one and I am going to ignore the 2 weeks I waited to see it. Neutral Series was well balanced out and they made a good call with Iron Hide.

Also, for those who are really annoyed by such a small release. I am going to agree and disagree with you. I am going to agree because like I said, Nulgath wasn't so smart with this release. I said I liked the content, but the fact is that they made us wait two weeks for it. Think of the player as a customer of Oversoul. You don't really CARE how the release gets done or WHO makes it, as long as you get it. This is the GENERAL idea that goes through the mind of a typical consumer. 2 weeks for a smaller release than the ones received in 1 week is a let down. HOWEVER, I am going to disagree as well by saying that maybe it was done for a good reason. There is still the contest which is getting wrapped up this weekend. Also, there are plenty of characters left to capture/level. Furthermore, how many releases have we had were new bugs have been attached with them? I think every release. I think Nulgath wanted for once a bug free release and with a small release it can be done. Then, we should gradually have slightly bigger releases until we get huge releases that are bug free! So these are things to consider. Sorry for the long post guys! And if you don't agree with any of my points, don't flame me. It was well constructed with good arguments

AQW  Post #: 658
6/14/2013 23:56:04   
Megadragonknight

Hello guys! Its been a while again. I see that Taro finally make it in OS but man, he cost 12 SG! I am afraid I will have to wait till I have enough SG so I can play OS and buy him along with evolving other SG rank-up characters. I am really need to catch up by catching every characters and so is getting the light decks and neutral decks. There is so many things to do. Well, at least the characters I haven't got won't be permanent rare. Anyway, how is everyone doing?
Post #: 659
6/15/2013 0:24:30   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@j You do remember why the releases are every other week right? Because they have to focus on other projects as well. I know that both Rev and Nulgath worked on EpicDuel items so that took out a good deal of their time already. And that's along with the other work they do outside of OS. We're lucky that we got more CC on time and that it's pretty well balanced. Taro's deck is most likely a placeholder since it's an exact copy of PL right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 660
6/15/2013 0:42:04   
Jmagician

@ND: I don't think you understood what I wrote . My first sentence started with me not being troubled by the lack of content for a 2 week release. I am not disappointed in the slightest. My last paragraph where I talked about the lack of content was simply to look through the eyes of those who are TRULY disappointed. I said I agree and disagree. I agree to sympathize and I disagree because of reasons you listed and the points I made.
AQW  Post #: 661
6/15/2013 0:50:07   
TheSage

@Jmagician : Try to keep in mind OS only has 2 coders, 1 of them was on vacation all week and the other keeps getting pulled to work on other projects. You cant expect a lot when the man power to work on the releases just is not there right now. It was lucky that we even got this release today due to how busy everyone is and with how little attention OS is getting. Also the game itself needs to support itself and the only way is with SG stuff. Its a game of balance, you get what you pay for, as SG sales drop the less attention the game gets, the less attention the game gets the less people are going to want to play it and spend money. Just look at AQW, its making enough money to be able to get a 15 person team and crank out releases each week.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 662
6/15/2013 0:51:18   
Synner

Guys i need help, What would you guys suggest CC for darkon drago?
Post #: 663
6/15/2013 1:05:09   
Jmagician

Okay you know what, nevermind you guys. Forget I gave any constructive feedback in the first place because I sincerely think you people skim as fast as you can through my posts or don't even read them at all. You miss all of my important points and reply with something I already know or that has nothing to do with what I say. When it comes to feedback on this game, I keep in mind everything important detail.

@TheSage: Well, your SG debate is at least relatable. Hmm, you are right, I guess they should definitely maintain SG sales. But I am just disappointed that the way they have to do it is through offering us good looks and shortcuts. I can't even complain here because good looks and shortcuts is what sells! I was hoping for something more unique and more striking then that lol.

Anyways. . .I have met some people who actually have finished the Neutral Series. How is this possible! ! ! >.<

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 6/15/2013 1:17:03 >
AQW  Post #: 664
6/15/2013 1:57:13   
Leprechaun

*Falls from the sky on Beck*
So Taro CANT BE CAUGHT? >o>

Post #: 665
6/15/2013 2:05:18   
Lemonus

Soo... anyone tell anyone when the voting will be?
DF AQW  Post #: 666
6/15/2013 2:32:52   
Hakunin

Well, making Taro a skin for Pumpkinlord states the question: why should anyone wait and log in for the seasonal pumpkin?
AQ  Post #: 667
6/15/2013 6:26:24   
necro rouge

@hakunin
Same reason as me, hoping for a legendary evolved pumpkinlord sometime.

@below
yeah, PL has some of the best animations in the game.

< Message edited by necro rouge -- 6/15/2013 6:35:46 >
AQW  Post #: 668
6/15/2013 6:34:23   
Blackshock

I like PL for the sweet animations. That and he's a halloween seasonal, so there's that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 669
6/15/2013 8:20:32   
Lemonus

I assume everyone's tried Corruption PD, it's pure evil.
DF AQW  Post #: 670
6/15/2013 9:18:55   
The Jop

They should have restricted cards from a series to certain characters because now card customization is very broken. Every rank and element can use the same cards.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 6/15/2013 9:20:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 671
6/15/2013 12:56:10   
Leprechaun

WAITED FOR TARO FOR YEARS (since I saw him in AQW) AND NOW I CAN'T GET It WHATEVZ OS >.>

EDIT: I am over it :D

< Message edited by Leprechaun -- 6/15/2013 12:58:13 >
Post #: 672
6/15/2013 13:10:30   
Cyber doom5

A little late to the party but @jmagician

What it sounds like you want is a membership

If they did memberships and sg this game would be another AQW

Personally they need to give us more sg for our money
If you think just for dread fiend or taro you are paying nearly $3 per character

Its kind of pointless to have a $5 package when after 2 purchases you need to buy more sg

But again this is just how I see things
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 673
6/15/2013 13:37:13   
Hakunin

YESSS!

Now my collection is complete with Poison Drake (18th encounter to capture it).
Time to lvl up things.

On the current release:
The game is still in BETA phase, so the neutral series is good enough as content, no worry. Bugs come and go, better crush them now then catch cold in the release-version.

On the other hand this Taro - no matter it is a "just for something"-release - sounds kinda random and dubious in value being a clone to PumpkinLord. I think if it'd cost 20(!) SGs it'd have been better (high price for immediate PL). Or it'd have been ok if PL's evo would be free (but it isn't).
The good thing is, with Taro it is clear not all Legendary will have their element's Legendary-exclusive card, what I think ease things for both sides.
On the other hand where is the Crypt Samurai evo, and what was the other (the month May's designer notes are linked incorrect, so can't look up) which were mentioned their evo is worked on?

And what does Epic Duel do with OS as OS's main update? I mean come on... Well, maybe it means THAT cool things come to OS too?

Anyway, since the last regroup on the developer-side I feel OS and its players get more attention and niceys. Best wishes!

EDIT: With CC I saw the same character being capable doing 3 different play-styles depending the CC-cards, so CC definitely does its job, and with it OS became closer to a real card-game then the simple "who has better cards" demo.

< Message edited by Hakunin -- 6/15/2013 14:02:47 >
AQ  Post #: 674
6/15/2013 14:38:41   
Goma

okay my monk is only level 11 but man is this deck great! you guys should try it out just add

2x corruption

1x counter

1x shield

1x cat reflex
AQW  Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 126 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition