Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: BM Energy Drain

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: BM Energy Drain
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2013 18:27:29   
ValkyrieKnight

quote:

Trans

But they can get HP back through BloodLust. That's why I've justified why EP drain would be better and dealing damage at the same time so it can easily replace Bludgeon without affecting all of BMs in any major may (such as removing crucial skill like Intimidate or Plasma Cannon.

EP Drain? Do you mean Assimilate? Plasma Cannon a crucial skill? Since when did any Blood Mage use that? I'd be in favor of replacing bludgeon with Assimilate.
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
6/23/2013 18:28:57   
killerman164

@Trans
Why not just replace Blood Lust then?
Post #: 52
6/23/2013 18:37:07   
Ranloth
Banned

You're kidding me with Cannon, right? It's one of the common skills used by BM... Are you playing ED or just posting? <.< Perhaps lack of BMs makes it difficult for you to see but yes, it is used by BMs. And that's my suggestion, to replace Bludgeon with my version of Assimilation, not giving them Assimilation to start abuse with EP returned + unblockable effect which would make BMs pretty much the ultimate class.

No, replacing BloodLust makes BMs.. not BMs. It's a theme skill of the Class. If you remove that, give them passive Armor or passive EP regen (lolno because that'd make them Physical TMs) since each class should have 2 of the 3: passive Armor, passive EP or HP regen, debuff - and BM has two, just like any other class. This will remain after passives are turned into active skills.
AQ Epic  Post #: 53
6/25/2013 1:01:17   
Midnightsoul

I'd rather just give Assimilation to Blood Mages and take out Bludgeon. It takes a little bit of the "aggressive" out, but a little more of the "mage" in there. Overall, it's still the Blood Mage we all know and keeps them balanced. I support giving them Assimilation. It makes sense to do so.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 54
6/25/2013 1:20:35   
Shynk

As a BM myself i can say im happy with how its set up now..

You cant take out Blood Lust because thats the theme of the class...
Bludgeon makes sense on a BM..

and having assimilation replace Blood Lust? No. no. no. Just no. its called BLOOD mage, not energy reaper mage :|

Overall, how Blood Mages are built now, i find perfect. Why give them more of a disadvantage?
Post #: 55
6/25/2013 3:35:27   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Trans

Show me a Blood Mage that uses Plasma Cannon because no such Blood Mage exist.

Slight more on topic.

For a class called "Blood Mage" they really shouldn't have OverLord, Plasma Rain, Super Charge, or Plasma Cannon as all 4 skills make no sense. That being said instead of Blood Mages getting Assimilate, why don't they make a skill that converts health into energy ( opposite of field medic ) that makes allot of sense given the class name. Call it, sacrifice or something.
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
6/25/2013 3:49:07   
King FrostLich

Switch it with intimidate or bludgeon.(I prefer intimidate)
Epic  Post #: 57
6/25/2013 4:55:34   
ValkyrieKnight

Intimidate is just one of those skills you toss out when you don't have energy for your main skills hahaha..
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
6/25/2013 7:53:04   
Trae

^^
Same
Epic  Post #: 59
6/25/2013 8:01:25   
Silver Sky Magician

@ValkyrieKnight

A BM that uses Plasma Cannon? There was this one guy called Hun Kingq...

Anyway, that one guy aside, there are others, though few in number, who use the skill at the level cap. As you go down the levels, the number and proportion of BMs using the skill increases considerably. Besides, even if it isn't a crucial skill per se, it is a signature BM skill.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 6/26/2013 21:13:32 >
Post #: 60
6/25/2013 8:35:40   
Ranloth
Banned

@ValkyrieKnight
You're free to suggest the skill yourself then. Perhaps you don't see BMs anymore which is the problem, but you'd be surprised that Tech builds (Plasma Cannon) work with BMs. In regards to Energy skills - each class must have Stun and Multi and Ultimate. Multi and Ultimate will be revamped for evolved classes and they'll all get new one, and I don't see how the Cannon doesn't make sense since they are still Mages, just focused on the offensive side more.
Intimidate is also useful for certain build. Perhaps you've seen a drop in players using it after stat progression was altered thus giving the skill an indirect nerf. Before that, the skill was quite popular since the effect could be clearly seen when used.

If you plan on taking Intimidate out, you must give them another debuff or passive Armor. I don't know how many times it was said, but you cannot leave them with a passive HP regen and no debuff nor passive Armor. Each class has two of these and you'd leave BMs with one. <_<

I've also noticed this:
quote:

I'd be in favor of replacing bludgeon with Assimilate.

Can people read the actual suggestion before posting? Once you check the first post - after reading this quote above - you will see why.
AQ Epic  Post #: 61
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: BM Energy Drain
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition