Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What has happened to ED?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What has happened to ED?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/11/2013 2:26:47   
ExiledLycan

All of a sudden, all you ever see is a tank build here and there... it's getting ridiculous, can we even call this Epic Duel anymore, more like Tank Duel, because the builds aren't unique anymore it's more about who is tankier and whose gets the bigger de-buff... truthfully i think we need to see some sort of nerf or a change in the game mechanic and change how the whole game is, as if it was a new game. "Epic Duel" is too plain and we need to spice it up a bit rather than just it being Tank vs Tank / Tank vs Noob / I for one could see the potential in this game, but as it is now there isn't much to do besides 1v1 2v2 or Jugg, and all 3 categories fall under the same thing, Tank and Moar Tank. I made this discussion to see how many people agree with me, because i know for a fact i can't be the only one knowing that "Epic Duel" is not going in the right path. Obviously, I'm not going to just say what it needs, but i will also give some good ideas,. A couple of good ideas would be to add more classes, enlarge the skill tree, these 2 things could change the game in a good and very intresting way, that is if the AE team ends up doing it correctly.
AQW  Post #: 1
6/11/2013 2:42:28   
Mother1

Adding more classes? No the 6 classes we have right now aren't balanced yet and you want to add more? Not to mention they share moves.

The first thing they need to do is give every class their own set of moves with field medic being the shared move. By doing this they can balance one class without over/underpowering another class.

As for why you are seeing what you see now, it is because of constant nerfs, and build copying. People want to win, and for most of them, they could give a monkey's butt about creativity. They would rather copy an overused build and get wins rather then find a creative build and risk loses. Once they find the most OP build it then they use that. People copy it and boom overused build is born. Anyone who doesn't want to use this build or said build is their natural weakness will complain because of consistent losses until the staff either nerfs the build (which will only put another build at the top waiting to be found) or rage quit.
Epic  Post #: 2
6/11/2013 3:30:21   
comicalbike

well at the moment i am not enjoying the game as it is with the balance as it is witch is very bad .i may not play in the war have not made my mind up yet, i am more upset they have not fixed the balance of the game first as i cant see any point fighting the war with no balance.
they did say it will be easier to fix the balance in omega but it just as bad so where did they go wrong so with no balance exile will win the war

< Message edited by comicalbike -- 6/11/2013 3:51:16 >
Epic  Post #: 3
6/11/2013 3:52:37   
Bloodpact

There are creative classes out there waiting to be found young one, you must be willing
to walk my path and have faith in something different .

Yay War and Pestilence for everyone !

Death is in the air :] ..............
Epic  Post #: 4
6/11/2013 4:10:30   
comicalbike

Bloodpact its not the builds to be found its the balance has to be sorted out.look at it this way sort the balance then have a war.
not have a war and maybe sort the balance out
Epic  Post #: 5
6/11/2013 9:04:53   
Q...Q

How to balance a game.

Add stats differences, right now items have all the same stats.
Strong items with weaker cores, if you want strong cores , well your weApon will be weaker
Stats abuser ? Make them suffer with lowering an ability or HEALTH like in delta
Add CAPS stats , so someone with 100tech Or more cant have over 60 malf for example

And more, but right now im on my Iphone so writting is a pain.
I got many more idea like that how to actually make this game more strategic, because right now its like a miss america contest.

< Message edited by Q...Q -- 6/11/2013 9:07:15 >
DF Epic  Post #: 6
6/11/2013 9:55:49   
JariTheMighty

Let's add more nerfs, caps, limits, restrictions and penalties and have a game nobody wants to play.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
6/11/2013 10:09:53   
Theclown

really tank build beats all but its so slow and boring i like focus build the most
Epic  Post #: 8
6/11/2013 12:56:39   
Q...Q

@jar

You dont get it do you ?

In other way of your statement,
Lets make every items more powerfull and keep the game unblanced.
There has to be a stop to this.
DF Epic  Post #: 9
6/11/2013 13:18:00   
Mother1

@ Q...Q

Oh sure lets go against what omega is suppose to stand for which is stat freedom. It is bad enough the game is being nerfed into the ground due to more whiners and complainers than it is actual balance issues but also adding more restrictions as well? We can't even get over 90+ health without leaving several area's weak in the process and now you want to make it even worse for high HP builds when they already got more holes in them than Swiss cheese?
Epic  Post #: 10
6/11/2013 14:13:33   
Q...Q

Dont you remember in delta there were many high health builds, it all changed in omega why ? Because they changed something that was already pretty good thing in delta

And about the stats , make them unable to change , FIX stats, that was also in delta but there was enhancements
What would have happend if you DONT touch the stats on items but add cores on the items?
Strong weapon with a weaker core ?
A bit less stats on weapon ( weak weapon) with a strong core?
Much more strategic than having a weapon that can have all stats that you want with a stupid op core ?

And about stats CAP , the player wont get the advantage on the skill.

And if you want the item with a special core that you like , well you will have to find a build that actually works with the stats of the items , because right now its not the case.

Over 100 tech or dex , the skill will have a malf of 60 max!!!! For example.
All this can balance the game, make everything equal at a certain level

< Message edited by Q...Q -- 6/11/2013 14:17:48 >
DF Epic  Post #: 11
6/11/2013 14:25:07   
Gabriel Dude

Im with you man. This game has turned weird ive played since beta but retired for 2 years cuz of the lack of varium and when i came back... Booom this new era of tankers and no creativity over builds, without saying the amount of blocks everyone gets... they really need to do something.
Post #: 12
6/11/2013 14:31:40   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

This is what happened to ED.

(1)Alot of nerfs
(2)Not many new features which has ruined the game of enjoyment
(3)Not keeping their promises which ED don't really care about. Why? Obviously they will say we are strangers and that they are not going to care about varium players.
(4)Enhancements has gone which means that alot of players left
(5)Some varium players do not care how much they spend on the game because they either get it from a website or from portal battleon
(6)Now I understand the true meaning of a 'Free To Play' Game. Never....Ever...Spend your money on a free to play game.

Epic  Post #: 13
6/11/2013 14:52:16   
DunkThatOreo

What's happened? Uhm just the usual crap they've been doing for the past three years I think. Nerfing and buffing and nerfing and buffing...
Epic  Post #: 14
6/11/2013 15:15:40   
JariTheMighty

@Q...Q: I'm just saying there are other/better ways to balance/add strategy to the game than nerfs and limits. You mentioned some yourself.
For example continuing your idea of core power affecting weapon power, weapons could have different amounts of stats per damage.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 15
6/11/2013 15:27:21   
DeathGuard

I have quit for months now, I no longer find ED interesting, storyline and new missions about it is a good improvement but they aren't paying that much attention to balance, I swear people wouldn't mind waiting 1-2 months to ED to release a huge balance improvement to the game since it would be better that way instead of patches and buffs/nerfs for classes.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/11/2013 16:49:05   
Q...Q

@jar

Yes and i stated some that the devs should think about.
There has to be limits, right now there is none
DF Epic  Post #: 17
6/11/2013 17:20:06   
xGreen Warriorx

Q: What has happened to ED?
A: You're not enjoying it as much.

quote:

the builds aren't unique anymore it's more about who is tankier

Tanking is not the main build type overall, and if you put your mind to it, you can come up with a decent new build for any class. Just today I noticed BHs with high HP builds, which I haven't seen for a while.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/11/2013 18:55:36   
Dual Thrusters

Just change the stat that the skill improves with and the required stat.

Problem Solved

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 6/11/2013 18:56:35 >

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/11/2013 23:54:59   
ReconnaisX

I'll be honest here- I'd rather play ED in Delta.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/11/2013 23:58:58   
Mother1

@ ReconnaisX

I find this ironic. Back when delta was here everyone was moaning and groaning about omega. It was the question that was asked even more then f4f. Now omega comes now what I here from most is "Bring back delta" or as you just said "I would rather play ED in delta."

Epic  Post #: 21
6/12/2013 0:52:30   
Scyze

@Mother1,
I think that all of the changes came in too quickly, they could've been added bit by bit so people got used to it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/12/2013 1:18:26   
Dual Thrusters

@neos

Well we had Rabble's weekly updates in the first couple of months.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/12/2013 2:36:43   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Too bad they cannot bring delta. Before Omega (somewhere round december), they deleted the game by accident lol.
Epic  Post #: 24
6/12/2013 3:50:02   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above are you kidding me? if they deleted delta before omega released then we wouldn't be able to play the game at all.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What has happened to ED?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition