Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2013 23:54:59   
Bloodpact

At this time I would not donate anymore tokens, until after the update.

If anything I'd buy more cheevo's while your tokens are worth more.

As for the cheevo for token spend thing I said, it is simply an
educated guess to that being part of the refund.

Not a Definite Thing
Epic  Post #: 76
6/14/2013 0:54:38   
Nightmare.

@Bloodpack I agree with the part of buying cheevos

well, in my opinion the credits prices of everything is getting higher, that's what we all see since omega started, that's why I think the price of cheevos will be happening the same thing. I'm not sure what the devs think but that's what players observe. That's why now I am thinking of buying all the cheevos in the shop with my limited tokens (just a little more than enough to buy all of them) but yea, I will wait for the next DN. Best wishes to ED's future :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
6/14/2013 1:32:56   
beastmo

Will this war be DOUBLE INFLUENCE? and How about a sneak peek at this bike?? :)
Epic  Post #: 78
6/14/2013 1:41:36   
Bloodpact

@nightmare

Cheevo's prices should be the same, but your current tokens will lose value because
nobody should expect a 100% refund.

The new cheevo prices should be exactly this formula:

Cheevo's previous token price x the increase to how much credits you get per fight = new cheevo price in credits.

Example : 1,000 token cheevo x 16 credits = 16,000 credit cheevo now.

This formula is not set in stone, just an example of what to expect.
Epic  Post #: 79
6/14/2013 1:41:52   
Blaze The Aion Ender

It just occurred to me that since it will now cost credits to pay for cheevo's and Flags, we should be given more credits per battle.
It makes sense. Any other way we are getting ripped off.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
6/14/2013 1:45:15   
Bloodpact

^
We are getting more credits per fight, the exact amount was discussed yesterday.

The Dev's decision is unknown.

You don't pay credits for flag and never will as far as we know.

You will now capture points with influence by battling on the map
of the point you want to capture.

It's a very new and interesting idea, that should flare exciting competition I trust.
Epic  Post #: 81
6/14/2013 1:59:00   
ansh0

If battle tokens are being converted to credits, and everything that costs tokens will cost credits, shouldn't the PvP rewards be increased?

Good to see more dev interaction :P

My thread had some effect, eh?
Epic  Post #: 82
6/14/2013 2:05:21   
odsey

Ah Nulgath, one of the best artist of AE. I expect a good looking bike and I will buy, considering I am a fan of Nulgath.

Anyway I hope tomorrow release will be good. I shall align with Legion. For order!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 83
6/14/2013 2:08:39   
Drianx

At this point I am neutral in this token removal debate. Both sides so far have valid and invalid points, in my opinion.

But my feeling is that removing tokens is not a top priority for Epicduel at this moment, and it should be postponed until more important problems are dealt with.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 6/14/2013 2:10:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 84
6/14/2013 2:20:28   
Bloodpact

^

Is top priority due to tokens being useless in the war.

The War is at lease top 3 in priority ;p
Epic  Post #: 85
6/14/2013 2:25:43   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Yet again changes no one asked for, and will (probably) make the game worse then it already is, which is quite a performance in the current state.
Back in Delta, i found this game awesome and was always excited to play, but now?

Crap.
Let's hope they come to senses before everyone leaves.

Good example is this post from an (ex) ED player.
And the developers said this game is ''Improving'', right..
The Player's base says something totally different.

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 6/14/2013 2:33:45 >
Epic  Post #: 86
6/14/2013 3:31:09   
romanu

10/10 for the tokens thing, about time.
Post #: 87
6/14/2013 5:55:45   
Drianx

quote:

Is top priority due to tokens being useless in the war.

So what if tokens are useless in the war?

Panda bears are also useless in the war.

Why should they necessarily remove tokens NOW?

< Message edited by Drianx -- 6/14/2013 5:56:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
6/14/2013 5:59:10   
zion

Tokens are definitely not needed. Without them, however, credits will be needed for everything. I think credit rewards should go up a bit. Also, it's probably a good time for the devs to look at the inconsistent pricing when it comes to everything: items, houses, house items, class change, etc.
In terms of the token-credit exchange, I think the devs should err on the side of giving back a little more... since the cheevos should cost more than just a couple thousand credits. You could theoretically have 0 wins and all the cheevos since its not based on pvp anymore. I think 25 is a good ratio.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
6/14/2013 6:33:50   
Fireball1257

All I can say is...

FOR FREEDOM!
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
6/14/2013 6:39:07   
toopygoo

quote:

Why should they necessarily remove tokens NOW?

The longer they wait, they lower the conversion scale will be. the reason they are doing it now, is to give all players the best they can by giving them a higher conversion rate. if many people have HUGE stacks of tokens sitting around, then they can give a conversion of 10 or even 5, because they would become too rich. if they do it sooner, less people my have this problem, and they will be able to give a higher conversion rate.
AQW Epic  Post #: 91
6/14/2013 7:24:37   
Q...Q

I remember a time where tokens was usefull.
DF Epic  Post #: 92
6/14/2013 7:25:33   
  Charfade

quote:

How about a sneak peek at this bike?? :)

We haven't even seen Nulgath's bike yet. Were hoping he can get it in in time. XD

As for the other questions I just woke up, going to take a little while to wake up to answer them.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 6/14/2013 8:04:01 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 93
6/14/2013 7:45:23   
Drianx

here is a good reason why tokens shuldn't be removed:

- credits are a measure of the quantity of gameplay, because you get credits both for wins and losses - the more you play, the more you earn
- tokens are a measure of the quality of gameplay, because you get tokens only for wins, not for losses - the more you win, the more you earn

Basically if achievements will be sold for credits, anyone who gets 10k losses will be able to buy them.

Actually tokens are more valubale in Omega, becuause NPC wins are gone, so a win counts more now.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 6/14/2013 7:46:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 94
6/14/2013 7:54:45   
Ranloth
Banned

Charfade, could you poke Rabble to answer one of his questions (second one)? He's mentioned giving a concrete answer by the end of the day and that was yesterday. ansh0 has even asked the same question on this page so I'd be happy if Rabble could go back sometime today and answer it. :P Here's the post: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21318464

< Message edited by Trans -- 6/14/2013 7:55:20 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 95
6/14/2013 8:02:04   
Necromantres

Unless they implement a program to sum up the tokens people brought and subtract the achievements i get a feeling that for my 3331 tokens i'll get like 2k credits and an useless achievement...
Epic  Post #: 96
6/14/2013 8:21:55   
  Charfade

Were still discussing it Trans. Rabble was working out several options when we left at the end of the day. Obviously its not a decision we take lightly and want to look at all the possible avenues first. ^^ Also I'd like to point out, you've guys have made some great suggestions in this thread and offered really good pros and cons. Were definitely looking into all the data and player feedback we receive.

MQ Epic  Post #: 97
6/14/2013 8:29:16   
King Helios

Char, is there going to be a way to reward high-token spenders in fctions? One of my members had done almost 3,000, which is a lot, and I don't want those kinda things to go unrewarded.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
6/14/2013 8:40:19   
JariTheMighty

I just hope we get fully informed on every detail what happens to token donations and tokens in inventory before the release goes live.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 99
6/14/2013 8:45:20   
Ranloth
Banned

Ah, no worries then, Charfade. :P
AQ Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition