Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2013 12:52:56   
  RabbleFroth

Ok! Got some answers for you all. Sorry I didn't get them by the end of yesterday, but here we are. I may make a new thread if necessary to increase visibility on this information.

1) Credits per battle will be increased. The base amount for 1v1 was 32 per win, it will increase to 37 per win, and about 2 more credits for a 1v1 loss. This bonus is appropriately increased for 2v2 and Juggernaut.

2) Token -> Credit conversion. You will receive 10 Credits per Token you still have when the change rolls live (it will NOT be in this week's update). This will cap out at 250 thousand credits so as to not give unlimited currency to the small percentage of players that have hoarded a huge number of tokens over time. Thus, if you have more than 25k tokens, I HIGHLY recommend you spend them now.

3) We will award an achievement for anyone that is currently in a faction and has contributed any amount of Tokens to a flag. This achievement will use a new system we're working on that can display the actual number of Tokens you contributed. So your actual contribution at the time of the update (again, not this week) will be immortalized by this achievement.

4) Regarding Flag Captures: I've answered this a few times throughout the thread, but I'll re-iterate here for clarity. Your Flag Captures will not be reset, removed, or decreased in any way. They will be renamed to Objective Captures to match the new system's terminology. You will be able to continue getting Objective Captures in the new system. We'll explain in more detail how this will work soon, but they will likely be harder to obtain. This essentially means that factions that currently have Flag Captures will have a very nice head start in the new system.

5) Achievement costs will be converted to Credits at an amount close to the Token -> Credit conversion (10). Can't say it will be exactly 10, but it won't be far off if not.

6) All missions rewarding Tokens will be looked at individually, and we'll change the reward to what it would have been if the mission had awarded Credits in the first place. Pro Rabble Hint: It will probably be worth your while to do these Token missions now if you haven't already.

7) Token Boost will be disabled in today's update. This is to prevent people from getting a bunch of boost for a system that is leaving soon and to highlight that such a change is coming. If you have any Token Boost left when the war update is fully live (not today) then your remaining boost will be turned into Credit Boost at a 1:1 ratio.

I THINK that covers all of the major questions I've seen throughout the thread. We'll definitely keep an eye on this and keep answering and clarifying other things that might come up.

< Message edited by RabbleFroth -- 6/14/2013 14:18:26 >
Post #: 101
6/14/2013 12:59:38   
superglory

this isnt fair for boost we shoud get our var back
Epic  Post #: 102
6/14/2013 13:09:46   
Cookielord12

1:10 conversion is reasonable. Just checked on my alt and he will be receiving a healthy 25k credits ;)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 103
6/14/2013 13:10:05   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

this isnt fair for boost we shoud get our var back

Any reason you would prefer this to getting the same amount of Credit Boost? Since Credits would now be used for everything Tokens are used for, this is a net positive for you.
Post #: 104
6/14/2013 13:12:13   
King Helios

Because Credits are so important now, can Var packs get Credits back?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
6/14/2013 13:14:44   
DanniiBoiixD

So however many tokens we've donated to a flag, will be dumped into an achievement? Or will it be a fixed ratio to stop some people from gaining over 100,000 rating points?
AQW Epic  Post #: 106
6/14/2013 13:14:45   
Smackie El Frog

Great ty for the answers rabble. Too bad my level 1 cannot get 250 influence to donate some tokens

Could of sworn that the war kills influence he earned should of gave him plenty of faction influence, but I guess not

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
6/14/2013 13:33:25   
Ranloth
Banned

Conversion isn't that bad, increased PvP rewards, achievement for Tokens donated and compensation for those with Token boosters. Not bad.
AQ Epic  Post #: 108
6/14/2013 13:44:03   
Mother1

I can't believe i actually hit the conversion rate on the head with my post.
Epic  Post #: 109
6/14/2013 13:46:57   
l Chop Suey l

I also got a major question: Will our Flag donations from our Current and Past Factions also count towards credits other than the achievement? And if so what would the conversion rate?
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
6/14/2013 13:56:54   
8x

quote:

6) All missions rewarding Tokens will be looked at individually, and we'll change the Credit reward to what it would have been if the mission had awarded Credits in the first place. Pro Rabble Hint: It will probably be worth your while to do these Token missions now if you haven't already.

^Typo

Also, will the achievement give everyone the same rating or will it depend on the amount of donated tokens?
Epic  Post #: 111
6/14/2013 14:01:46   
Imperial Knight

Hmm 10 thats good so now I'll get about 40k in credits. I might use that to change my class or get the new exile legion weapons or just saving it
Post #: 112
6/14/2013 14:06:17   
darkllord233
Banned

Wow,nice,I'm so excited :D

Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.antonio.391?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vampirul_ED

Comment,like,subscribe,watch and share my videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXOUVaHUX8lTqQw7pmaDJQ
Epic  Post #: 113
6/14/2013 14:09:02   
Trae

wow left my faction hope previous faction flag donations count...
if not you win some ya lose some :(
Epic  Post #: 114
6/14/2013 14:11:07   
darkllord233
Banned

Not fair,we want more credits per tokens,10 credits is not much and it's useless..what do you think about 1,000 credits per tokens and 50,000 credits for changing the class it's too much,we would like to be 20,000 credits for changing the class !

Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.antonio.391?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vampirul_ED

Comment,like,subscribe,watch and share my videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXOUVaHUX8lTqQw7pmaDJQ
Epic  Post #: 115
6/14/2013 14:13:19   
8x

^I think that 10 Credits per token is enough and I'm actually surprised that devs are willing to give us so many credits.
Epic  Post #: 116
6/14/2013 14:15:00   
Ranloth
Banned

Considering Tokens weren't useful unless it's achievements (bragging rights) or Faction (not everyone), it is quite good that they are giving us 10 Credits per Token, and it may be a lot of Credits for some. Not only that, PvP rewards are going up. It may not seem much but it does add up if you look at it long term.
AQ Epic  Post #: 117
6/14/2013 14:19:35   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

quote:

5) Achievement costs will be converted to Credits at an amount close to the Token -> Credit conversion (10). Can't say it will be exactly 10, but it won't be far off if not.

So we'll be looking at something like 10,000 Credits for an achievement that used to cost 1,000 Tokens? If so, then it should work out to be roughly the same Credit gain with the advent of the mentioned Credit increase. There's still a 5k difference, but perhaps the final numbers will address it.

For reference to the above:
Current: 1k Wins = 32k Credits, 1k Tokens
New: 1k Wins = 37k Credits
Achievement: 10k Credits
37k - 10k = 27k actual Credit gain compared to the current system.
32k - 27k = 5k difference in Credit gain.

Epic  Post #: 118
6/14/2013 14:21:02   
darkllord233
Banned

37 credits per win is not nice,what do you think about 40 credits per win and 10 more credits for 1v1 loss ? I think sound cool.
Epic  Post #: 119
6/14/2013 14:25:48   
Ranloth
Banned

Why is it not nice? How is 40 nicer? It's already making Credits easier to obtain which makes Varium a bit less of a shortcut. Don't be selfish. There has to be a balance in Exp:Credits ratio as well, you cannot blow it out of proportion and make Varium even less of a shortcut. Furthermore, that'd mean even bigger boost for 2v2 and Juggernaut. Just no.

They could've just taken Tokens out and no buff in rewards. I mean why should there be one? Tokens weren't used for anything that affects PvP, and now they will be. Be grateful, not greedy.
AQ Epic  Post #: 120
6/14/2013 14:32:34   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

@darkllord233

I'm all for the 40 Credits per solo win. It would work out to be the same Credit gain as we currently get...resolving the 5k Credit discrepancy I mentioned above.
Epic  Post #: 121
6/14/2013 14:33:08   
Scyze

I did donate a few hundred Battle Tokens back when I kept my name: Malicious Neos. Hope it's good enough to get the Achievement.

The conversion rate is... maybe too high but the limit does help. Great thinking Rabble! I like.

@drekon,
Nope, 37 seems to be a good amount. 40 is just going to make the Credit reward a bit high but it might make people more active in terms of dueling.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 6/14/2013 14:37:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
6/14/2013 14:48:08   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

So however many tokens we've donated to a flag, will be dumped into an achievement? Or will it be a fixed ratio to stop some people from gaining over 100,000 rating points?

It will be based on the amount that you've donated with your current Faction, and the amount will not affect the rating points.

quote:

Will our Flag donations from our Current and Past Factions also count towards credits other than the achievement? And if so what would the conversion rate?

Unfortunately we don't track information from your past factions.

quote:

Also, will the achievement give everyone the same rating or will it depend on the amount of donated tokens?

It will be the same rating. It will tell you the number of Tokens you contributed, but since we don't track Token contributions from past factions we don't want people that have had to switch factions to lose out on this. More lessons from the Influence changes a while back.

quote:

Considering Tokens weren't useful unless it's achievements (bragging rights) or Faction (not everyone)

This was a major reason we wanted to compress Tokens and Credits into one currency. Since we're getting rid of the current method of dumping tokens onto flags to control them, this would only leave achievements, and force us to come up with other arbitrary uses for Tokens.
Post #: 123
6/14/2013 14:49:02   
Drianx

quote:

This is flat out stupid.

EXAMPLE
For a cheevo that used to cost 1k tokens

- previous system::: 1k tokens = 1k wins
- upcoming system::: 1k tokens = 10k credits = <1k losses

So basically you will need 1k losses for obtaining a cheevo, instead of 1k wins.

EDIT: Actually I have an account that I am trying to get to lv35 from losses only. Now it will even get cheevos, yay. /sarcasm

Fail: 1, Reason: 0

< Message edited by Drianx -- 6/14/2013 14:50:01 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
6/14/2013 14:52:36   
Ranloth
Banned

Then, Drianx, take out Credit rewards for losing a fight. I don't see how it's a problem when achievements do absolutely nothing. If that's the reason why the idea is stupid - because Credits are given for losing - then it's really a poor reason to not go ahead with the change of achievements. <.>

At the same time, I can fight NPCs or challenge someone for Missions that give me Tokens and don't have any PvP record. I get achievement without even doing PvP, how great is that? Not only I don't PvP, I get awarded for it!

< Message edited by Trans -- 6/14/2013 14:55:51 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 13th, 2013 - Daring Design Notes
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition