Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

About Alignment Loyalty

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> About Alignment Loyalty
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/15/2013 0:12:22   
King Helios

Hello guys. Today, I will talk about Faction/Alignment Loyalty.

Okay, so, with this last update, you basically have to stay with your alignment. One question comes to my mind: If you HAVE to stay with your alignment, is that different from choosing to?

In my opinion, yes, it is. If you choose to stay with it, that is commendable! If you HAVE to, though, you could not want to but have to. That isn't loyalty, it is an imposition.

I also wonder how the new feature makes true loyalty for new faction members. If you aren't in a faction, you get to choose an alignment. However, new players may not know what to choose, and make a hurried, uninformed decision.

Overall, this new update, in my opinion, supports alignment man-power, but not loyalty and freedom of choice.

What do you guys think?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/15/2013 11:24:10   
Khalix

The basic information behind every faction is given when the player makes their choice. Regardless of whether or not they've chosen the other faction, they won't benefit or suffer from the consequences of their choice.

The only real difference is the outcomes of faction conflicts with a winner and and story advancement. However, in the end, factions do not affect you gameplay-wise aside from the fact you're pitted against the rival faction.

Now, you're saying that the freedom not to choose has been taken away, that's rather true, but without a side to follow, why would you participate in wars? You're a freelance mercenary for hire? You need to pick a side first- And stick with it. Switching back and forth would mean that you'd be labeled as a double-agent and your chances of joining a side again would diminish quickly.
Epic  Post #: 2
6/15/2013 11:26:30   
ReinVI

you were given the choice of faction and for a new player that choice is legion or exile.. if they actually think straight it's pretty straight forward which ones intended to be the
"rebels" and which ones the "empire" ( yay star wars examples! just need more pew pew lasers ) are just by looking at the color schemes of each thing symbol. Now
you could offer a description of each side under the symbols like a little paragraph stating "The exile are a group of rebels fighting the legion etc etc etc." and "This is the legion current overseers of the planet delta V etc etc" you know stuff like that.

And being forced to stay loyal? I like it because it stops people from "hopping" to the winning side plus it's realistic in that once you choose a side you can't say "i'm done with you guys" and prance off to the other side... that's treason and a punishable ( by death ) offense in most armies and the legion seems like an army that would do that in a heartbeat >.>

so all in all I say suck it up and fight for the alignment your a part of.
Epic  Post #: 3
6/15/2013 11:45:05   
King FrostLich

Gameplay-ingly speaking, here are its good and bad sides:

Good:

1.) Prevents win exploitation when faction members fight each other in battle. Some players were so "generous" enough to leave matches just for a fellow faction member to win for their faction's world domination badge. Seen this happen for 3 years in 2v2.

2.) More realistic. Why fight someone who is on your side?

3.) Prevents faction and alignment jumpers. Doing this real life means you should be dead by now.(seriously dead)

Bad:

1.) Matches are tighter because of the low amount of players on a server.

2.) There are more Exile players than Legion making Exile players wait longer for battles than a Legion player.

3.) Unbalanced gameplay. There are still balance issues in the game that need to be fixed and since this update was just released without balancing the classes well, battles are even slower and harder to find at the same time end fast(similar to #2)

4.) Player wants to join Legion but realizes he's in an Exile faction(vice versa).

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 6/15/2013 11:46:30 >
Epic  Post #: 4
6/15/2013 11:55:18   
Khalix

Oh, right, it also makes either side work harder when they're losing because the're stuck to their faction. It's akin to do or die.

@Frost

quote:

1.) Matches are tighter because of the low amount of players on a server.

2.) There are more Exile players than Legion making Exile players wait longer for battles than a Legion player.

3.) Unbalanced gameplay. There are still balance issues in the game that need to be fixed and since this update was just released without balancing the classes well, battles are even slower and harder to find at the same time end fast(similar to #2)

4.) Player wants to join Legion but realizes he's in an Exile faction(vice versa).

1. This problem was from before the update.
2. Lacks legitimate evidence.
3. Unrelated to the topic.
4. Then why did he bother staying in that faction? Common sense dictates that if you hate what you're doing, stop doing it.
Epic  Post #: 5
6/15/2013 12:13:49   
King FrostLich

^

1.) If you look at the leaderboards, you'd notice most factions currently fighting are Exile players. I've been trying to find a 2v2 match for 10 mins on Epic server and still no sign of it. It's even slower after this update has happened(coming from me as an Exile player)

2.) True for lower to mid leveled players but not to high leveled ones. Before the update was released, I've noticed players I've been fighting came from Exile even when I was using my alts to experiment on crazy builds. Now that this update has happened, it would be impossible to determine this because you will always find your opponents as the opposing alignment you will face in battle.

3.)
quote:

supports alignment man-power, but not loyalty and freedom of choice.
(Personal Troubles with the player's self) Players who don't like the game and some OP builds roaming around, those who have friends on the opposing alignment.

4.) It happens, they didn't see the incoming consequence anyway.

Epic  Post #: 6
6/15/2013 12:32:29   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

quote:

Choose carefully – you will be able to change alignment later, however, to encourage loyalty, the price will be steep!

You have freedom of choice, according to the June 13th DNs.

Epic  Post #: 7
6/15/2013 12:32:35   
Khalix

quote:

1.) If you look at the leaderboards, you'd notice most factions currently fighting are Exile players. I've been trying to find a 2v2 match for 10 mins on Epic server and still no sign of it. It's even slower after this update has happened(coming from me as an Exile player)

2.) True for lower to mid leveled players but not to high leveled ones. Before the update was released, I've noticed players I've been fighting came from Exile even when I was using my alts to experiment on crazy builds. Now that this update has happened, it would be impossible to determine this because you will always find your opponents as the opposing alignment you will face in battle.

3.)
quote:

supports alignment man-power, but not loyalty and freedom of choice.
(Personal Troubles with the player's self) Players who don't like the game and some OP builds roaming around, those who have friends on the opposing alignment.

4.) It happens, they didn't see the incoming consequence anyway.

1. Before you ask, only the top 3 factions are displayed per category, meaning that only 9 factions will be displayed. Exiles have 5/9, however, the identities of the other top 21 factions have yet to be displayed. In short, your argument is still inconclusive.
http://i40.tinypic.com/j5d0ck.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/nvtx6a.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/jj6z55.jpg

2. Again, inconclusive.

3. Unrelated to topic. As for the friends on the opposing alignment, it's also unrelated to the "Imbalance" topic.

4. Again, common sense.
Epic  Post #: 8
6/15/2013 13:06:17   
King Helios

@drekon

Well, very few players will be able to afford it (probably [b/c "the price will be steep"]), and most who can afford it probably chose their alignment based off knowledge, not "RED>BLUE SO I LEGIONZ!!"
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/15/2013 23:32:34   
Midnightsoul

They should lower the amount of worlds
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/15/2013 23:39:36   
Rayman
Banned

^
uhm, why?
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> About Alignment Loyalty
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition