Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why did you stay non-varium/ buy varium?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why did you stay non-varium/ buy varium?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2013 14:38:42   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I would like to see why other players purchase varium and why non-variums stayed non-var?
Epic  Post #: 1
6/23/2013 14:44:41   
Mother1

When I got to the higher levels back in delta I ran into the dreaded varium advantage players. Most were the overpowered cyber hunter that kept kicking my butt. So to fight back I got my first varium promo with was the azreal's curse and Azreal's borg promo.

in other words I got it so I wouldn't be a punching bag anymore.
Epic  Post #: 2
6/23/2013 14:45:14   
kittycat

I bought varium so I could avoid the experience of being the punchbag of varium players. I purchased about 140 dollars of varium, and it lasted me until Omega came in. The best investment I made was getting Infernal Interdictor, since I had the opportunity to inflict deadlier critical hits .
AQ MQ  Post #: 3
6/23/2013 14:48:21   
Oba

Been playing AE games for quite some time, and always been jelly of founders. So I decided to become a founder on ED, simply put.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/23/2013 14:59:26   
Cookielord12

Bought varium in order to keep up. Now I only buy for class change as 50k is a pain.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/23/2013 15:02:25   
killerman164

Was a hungry P2W player, best for me to look like the "Kool Kidz". Yeah, now that it's omega, I am hoping I barely spend any money now that I can finally waste time to catch up instead of wasting paper.
Post #: 6
6/23/2013 15:30:09   
Dual Thrusters

I never bought varium.

The only reason why I have varium weapons is because I got two pre paid cards for christmas.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/23/2013 15:38:28   
Drianx

Why I have bought varium?

Because it was worth it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/23/2013 15:57:01   
danirasab
Banned

if ur realy good at bieng a non varuim u will beat varuims like theres no tomorow trust me

Epic  Post #: 9
6/23/2013 16:11:03   
ReinVI

I bought varium for the shiny shiny stuff.. seriously most of the time I just wanted the varium so I could have an easier time playing instead of wasting my life ( was in school so didn't have a lot of time during the week ) to farm credits and what not. And i made money of making A's in school so I used some of that to purchase promos ( which ironically promo weapons I sold.. I do regret it but what's done is done! I still have some stuff but yup no biggy only ones I miss are the delta weapons really ) plus varium makes switching classes a lot easier.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/23/2013 16:19:03   
edwardvulture

I enjoyed being nonvarium because it was a challenge to beat varium players. It was nearly impossible to win when you are fighting super-experienced, elite varium players though. But if I was given a chance, I'd totally buy founder/elite stuff.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
6/23/2013 16:29:27   
ReinVI

edward you have to remember a lot of those 'super experienced elite varium players' were actually people that brute forced there wins with sheer varium advantage and the next OP build so a lot of those players probably weren't as good as your making them sound :P
Epic  Post #: 12
6/23/2013 16:47:32   
One Winged Angel1357

I stayed F2P because even with all this super OP variumness that has been going on for the past 3 years and some months of my playing I always kept my win record above 50%. I am winning why change what I am doing?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/23/2013 17:49:23   
Bloodpact

It's a ready supply for getting limited items, class changes, and extra things only varium get you like name changes.
Epic  Post #: 14
6/23/2013 18:03:21   
ValkyrieKnight

Epic Duel has never been my main game so I never purchased Varium for it. when I did however, I spent it on OverSoul. It's a shame you simply can't have Artix Coins that work for all games.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/23/2013 20:42:20   
Khalix

Non-Var all throughout the phases of ED.

Maintained a lovely W/L even without the "Advantage".

Why?

It's simply more satisfying to crush someone who thought you were inferior.
Epic  Post #: 16
6/23/2013 20:55:46   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Khalix

Despite what people think Non var had some power at end game Delta with the right build, THAT was when build mattered when you could take down someone who had 40 stat points over you. I liked Delta :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/23/2013 21:20:53   
ReinVI

I never understood the whole "rar I have varium I am more superior to you" mentality..
Epic  Post #: 18
6/23/2013 21:53:55   
DanniiBoiixD

My first varium package was just to get some varium weapons, so yeah. Then in Mid-Gamma it eventually ran out and I had to buy non varium weapons. And I guess I didn't have to buy more varium because of satisfication with my win rate, while using non varium weapons. We were not punching bags at all... we were just weaker. It was like us having a knife while they had a sword. They both can kill, but they had the advantage.

Now I buy 2,500 packages randomly so that I can get new weapons because credit prices are ridiculous.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/23/2013 23:24:21   
cOrbz

I stayed non-varium for 3 years (Gamma-Omega). Non-Varium players can actually beat Varium players most of the time. I always get 90%+ 1v1 win pct. 'til the end of the day during Gamma - Delta phase when I was in SIDsss Super Seventeen. I just prove it that they can be still OP when I got the Daily Solo & Team cheevo last year. And now I have a complete Daily Leaderboards champion w/o using Variums.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/23/2013 23:52:17   
ansh0

When Infernal War started, I bought my first varium pack(2.5k) mainly for cosmetics and to support the game. I didn't want the instant-win advantage of varium so I never bought any weapons or enhancements from those, just some bombs and hairstyles and class changes.

Then Omega came around and I got my first 10k pack(Omega weapons instead of Azrael cause I hate unfair advantages) since varium didn't give you an advantage, hence I was free to buy anything I want.

And cause I'm lazy to farm my butt off to buy a weapon these days.
Epic  Post #: 21
6/24/2013 14:41:47   
JariTheMighty

I built some fame for myself pretty early in game as a non Varium so I decided to keep up what I had started.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
6/24/2013 14:56:28   
DarkDevil

i just stayed non-var because i hate becoming what i hate and i hate when a varium player have an advantage not because of skill nor strategy but because of varium so being a non-var is a medal of pride on my chest , that i made it myself and not buying the advantage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 23
6/24/2013 17:39:23   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

quote:

• No "Financial" Discussions
    Artix Entertainment appreciates every player, no matter how much he or she has spent on the game. Demeaning players because they have not upgraded, or vice versa, will not be permitted in any form. Since such discussions tend to devolve into flaming, we will no longer permit users to create threads about any sort of financial status. That means no Varium vs Non-Varium threads, no Free Player vs Paying Player threads, no threads about the unfairness of Varium prices, and so on. Anything related to finances will not be allowed. If you are unsure if the topic would be acceptable or not, ask the head moderator for permission before creating it.

• As per the ED GD Forum Rules, financial discussions are disallowed.
    AQ  Post #: 24
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why did you stay non-varium/ buy varium?
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition