Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The mindset behind the saying "Good Game"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The mindset behind the saying "Good Game"
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/26/2013 12:11:01   
ValkyrieKnight

I almost peed myself laughing at that. It was so random ( especially with my partner responding back with gg nb ) I thought it might've been "Good game Nice Battle"
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
6/26/2013 12:27:46   
One Winged Angel1357

Depending on the person it it Nice Battle. but nb is also once of this games many version of noob
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
6/26/2013 12:31:00   
Mother1

I say good game whenever I have an enjoyable match with someone that made me used all my options and either result happens.
Epic  Post #: 53
6/26/2013 14:21:16   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I say:
GG
GJ
BB
WPN
WEP

Epic  Post #: 54
6/26/2013 14:36:49   
ValkyrieKnight

"BB"? Really Hulk, that's one of the rudest things to say. You might as well say "You die now"

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 6/26/2013 14:37:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
6/26/2013 15:31:58   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I only say that to the exile players.
Epic  Post #: 56
6/26/2013 16:31:02   
Cyberbeast10

I usually type "gg" or "Gg" out of habit if I ever recall to do it that is. Of course, I won't say my method of using it couldn't be perceived as a form of gloating, considering I don't say "gg" if I lose. Now, I will say "Good Game" if that was, honestly, a Good Game (Prolonged, entertaining and not one-sided).
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
6/27/2013 7:07:32   
jzozezjzozez

It depends on how you think of it. You can think of them as saying GG like " Good game!! :)))" and all friendly in such, or you can think of it as "noob u suck i win ez".

Anyways, I thought about it for a good long time. Think about it.. Even if the enemy does get lucky, or you get lucky, it still was a Gg right? Because everyone will get lucky eventually, don't have to get mad over

1 battle right? So, if you just have a positive mindset that everyone gets lucky, then hey, gg will just mean, gg "good game.". Learned this from league of legends. I wouldn't have ever been able to think of this

through league because of how toxic the community is. Btw Original Poster, (OP) I used to think the exact same way. I used to think, why are they saying GG when they clearly won with luck? But yeah, just be

positive. GG can mean alot of things, but just think of it as "good game" and dont interpret it as anything else and you'll feel better. Also, I like to say GG when I lose as well. If more people start doing this, the

community will slowly become more positive and sportsmanlike.
AQ  Post #: 58
6/27/2013 7:55:30   
Jekyll

"BB" is one the most disrespectful things to say in my opinion, be it aimed towards high-level, low-level, male, female, Exile or Legion players. There's a tinge of mockery when these words come out, and anyone who uses it instantly loses the respect of many, including myself.

As for "GG/GF", I use it only when it has been a proper battle with strategy involved.

I reserve the use of "Well played/Well fought" for people who obviously have tried their best despite odds being stacked against them.

If the entire battle has not had any chat at all, I just refrain from saying anything at the end.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
6/27/2013 16:03:09   
Stabilis

I say, why use some standardized phrase when you can speak casually? Repeating the same thing over and over just makes you that much more of a robot.
AQ Epic  Post #: 60
6/28/2013 20:34:07   
Zeruphantom

I'm a habitual person when it comes to saying "good game", not because I'm trying to be rude or anything, but because it's a respectful thing to do. It's like saying thank you when you get rewarded with a gift, but in this scenario, it's different. You're identifying the opposition's skill, and embarking them on their strategy during the match. Saying "good game" is just a way of making the other person feel good after all of the work they've done to survive while in battle, basically.

quote:

As for "GG/GF", I use it only when it has been a proper battle with strategy involved.

Same here. In some cases, though, the other player would say to me "bb", I get really cheesed off, and don't say anything at all.

Which brings me onto my next point; the use of the word "bb". Why say it at all? Just why? It's incredibly rude, and if it's a good match, do the right thing and say "gg". I can't stand people who use the words "bb". I don't see the point of it...

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 61
6/28/2013 21:29:26   
Stabilis

I am disappointed that people get "offended" when someone says "bb". Just let it go. Words are just thoughts, and these words do not make sound- so you cannot hurt your ears.
AQ Epic  Post #: 62
6/29/2013 20:14:27   
Zeruphantom

I don't get offended. Infact; I get far from offended-- it's just a childish thing to say "bb".

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 7/1/2013 19:47:16 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 63
6/29/2013 22:16:00   
Stabilis

There is no reason to think anything beyond the 2 letters, much less for it to be childish.
AQ Epic  Post #: 64
6/30/2013 0:04:39   
NDB

I hate it when people say "gg". In almost every game it is pretty clear whether or not you have lost after the first couple turns--or even just by checking your opponents stats. I don't need anyone telling me that I put up a good fight when I know I lost. It just makes me feel worse about my build/class (or whatever) when this is coming from a person who is using a build that I have a hard time beating. It feels like they are mocking you. I don't need them telling me it when I would've won and got unlucky. Call me immature, but that is complete bull and I just feel like clicking 1v1 really fast in an attempt to fight them again.
Epic  Post #: 65
6/30/2013 0:32:25   
Jekyll

I just met one guy (a few times already) who has a high strength-HP BH build. With my 125+ dex build, I blocked his uber low dex (I have over 90 more dex than him) once only, and deflected once too. He then said "lucky noob", "lucky block" and "lucky deflect", in spite of the fact that he got a critical hit on me.

People like these probably don't understand the game mechanics, and therefore I stay silent and savour my victory over them instead of telling them "good game", when in fact, it was not.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
6/30/2013 0:55:48   
ValkyrieKnight

When you're fighting someone that you both know either you're going to lose or them or beat them, I think it's better to just don't say anything. People who counter my build say GG everytime they win and while I pout about it at first it starts to get to me when they say GG over and over knowing the fight is and still is one sided. This is especially annoying when people with a OU build says it.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 6/30/2013 0:56:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
6/30/2013 18:07:59   
Khalix

Ah, "gg", such a wonderful acronym.

It's there for rubbing a win on you or your opponent's face when one side knows the match is lost.
On the other hand, it would seriously mean "Good game" if both sides took enjoyment in the match.

To reply "gg" with "gg" strengthens the 2nd statement. Despite losing, the loser feels that he/she lost the match the "Right" way, in that, he lost due to some mistakes he made but realized later, not because of some unforeseen balance issue.

Accepting defeat and acknowledging defeat are two different things in the world of gaming.

To accept means to realize you've lost.
To acknowledge means to accept your loss because the fight felt righteous.

Like how x player acknowledges his defeat in a game of chess. That would mean that he accepted the fact his opponent's skill is higher than his.
Epic  Post #: 68
7/1/2013 15:10:08   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

"BB"? Really Hulk, that's one of the rudest things to say. You might as well say "You die now"

I've just realized alot of youtubers say it. Maybe that's why I say ''BB'' instead of You'll die now.

Epic  Post #: 69
7/1/2013 15:30:55   
Bloodpact

^

I like non-mainstreamed things like

"Time to join your brothers" to say to Exiles

Unless I'm lazy then "gg" should suffice .
Epic  Post #: 70
7/1/2013 15:31:14   
Kiing of Frost

I try to make friendly conversation in battle, trying to give the new players a taste of the old ED Community, so as a friendly gesture at the end of most of my fights I add in a small "GG" or "Well Played My Friend." If it is rude I take great sorrow in my offence to you...
Stay Frosty
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
7/1/2013 18:23:49   
Trae

If its a good game I say good and if not I try to say something witty (I usually fail and say something racist due to spellcheck)
4 instance I battled someone
I asked him to make me a muffin and send it to heaven 4 me
Some people Bug me and say certain things because of your alignment Again not
Saying who :P

Post edited to remove unnecessary content ~M4B

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 7/1/2013 19:48:49 >
Epic  Post #: 72
7/1/2013 19:23:48   
Q...Q

Most of the time i write

EZ GG TIH
DF Epic  Post #: 73
7/6/2013 3:18:28   
nico0las

It's just formality and being polite. It's like saying "goodbye" or "peace" when you end a discussion or leave. You may NEVER want to see the sucker in your life again, but hey presentation is key right? ;)
I'm all about the "lol you suck" life. I can almost feel the rage from the other side of the monitor.
Generally though, I type out "good game" just so it seems like I'm actually making effort :)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The mindset behind the saying "Good Game"
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition