Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Class revert

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class revert
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/26/2013 10:47:57   
zion

When you first made your account, didn't you pick the class that seemed strongest/coolest/best at the time? Didn't you feel connected to that class (especially if you played before class change)? Do you want to switch back to that first class, but class changing is so darn expensive?
I propose class revert - you can switch back to your original class for free, or for some nominal amount. No limits.
If the devs don't keep such information, then DOA.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/26/2013 10:52:13   
Ranloth
Banned

Taken from =ED= Frequently Suggested Ideas *READ BEFORE POSTING*:
quote:

- Buying/Unlocking Classes

It falls under unlocking since you want to switch back at low to no cost. The cost is there to prevent abuse of the feature, such as class jumping when an OP build arises. Instead of making it very cheap, the price prevents players from jumping for sake of power and - literally - pay for the consequences of their change if it was for sake of power. It's already very low (900 Varium or 50K Credits), compared to old 1,500 Varium and no Credit option. No need to make it even cheaper.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/26/2013 13:54:57   
zion

The post says nothing of buying or unlocking a class, its merely a simple way to revert to your original one... further, you are just as likely to be in an "OP class" than switching to one... the argument is silly anyway, because its a rock-paper-scissors game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/26/2013 14:49:22   
Mother1

Not supported. This would just give people a way to jump back to their old classes if it become overpowered. Class changes prices were put their to make people think before they change Not If I don't like this class I can always go back to my starter class.
Epic  Post #: 4
7/5/2013 12:36:23   
lampur1

think?
half of the players cant even reach 50k cred O.O
mainly only lvl 35 and varium buyers
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/5/2013 20:38:16   
sweetmonger
Banned

pshhaaa you bought the class so you therefore deserve not to mention it was very expensive as well. sooo if you want to convert to something costless and free it should be okay. but you shouldn't have to because what you bought should be better than your free class so otherwise its a waste of money. i think you would have more purchase if you make powerful and original classes so they don't have to feel scammed this game has a lot of potential. i will buy this game and make it free when i become a millionaire. :/
Post #: 6
7/5/2013 20:50:14   
Mother1

The point of it being expensive is to make you think before you change as well as to discourage class changing frequently.
Epic  Post #: 7
7/5/2013 21:47:30   
sweetmonger
Banned

. No the point is to make you waste your money, not to make you think, because there is no way of know what you are buying, unitll you buy it, so after you buy it and its worse it will encourage you to change more frequently and that way they make more money from you.
simpler
1 you have no idea what you are buying until it is bought so their is nothing to think about. where do you come from with these lies of yours?
2 you think "well maybe this class is as good as its worth".
3 after you finally made your decision you figured omg this class is a rip off O.O its not even worth a free 25 dollars because now you have a loser account you play a lot to level up to 32
4 now they are doubling class frequency and expense because you have to bye more of expensive variums to change back.

Its also accepted the reason why stores sell goods at 4.99 is to make you think its not so expensive but it is as expensive as 5 dollars. the same thing with the varium price to change its atleast near 9 handred to make you think oh its not that expensive when its 1000 varium for it.
Post #: 8
7/5/2013 22:21:55   
Predator9657

^ I like your logic :D
Epic  Post #: 9
7/5/2013 22:27:17   
Mother1

@ sweetmonger

No way of knowing what you get until you buy it? Ever hear of seeing other people use the class before you buy it? Before I did my first class change I ran into people who actually used the classes be it Merc, Bounty hunter, Etc. So in this cause you get to see the class before you buy it since you will end up battling these classes or did you forget that fact.

Besides giving/buying free classes will only promote class jumping to the next OP build for no cost what so ever either. Plus even if it was limited to your starter class who isn't to say someone will unearth a powerful build with it that dominates the masses? The moment that happens it will make class jumping as long as it was your starter class a breeze.
Epic  Post #: 10
7/6/2013 0:03:12   
sweetmonger
Banned

since blood mages are bad no one play their blood mages so I wouldn't know anything. I talked to players and they told me they have a blood mage account. then I started seeing more blood mages frequently playing and I think its because I reminded them that they had one because they don't use it.

"someone will unearth a powerful build with it that dominates the masses?" this is already happening take a look at mercenaries they have over 100 support maxed artillery and hydrid shield to make them last the second turn plus their low defence. not to mention their bazooka takes more than half of my health in the first turn, the next turn is Armageddon and with luck if you survive just wait for his bazooka to reload.
another example would be technology bounty hunters they have high defense and with plasma armor, not to mention their equipped armor they used credits to upgrade gives them more defence than needed, before you can get them down to half their health they would already have you mallificationed and killed plus they use static charge as a multi purpose look for healing and mana skills when they need it.
technology mercinaries have mineral shield high defence and reroute. they are hard to kill and they can heal you would be lose unless you have technology bounty hunter. they are better.
tech mages maxed overload and plasma rain its a popular tech mage build and it works often.
Post #: 11
7/6/2013 13:15:53   
lampur1

that tech mage build you sayed is actuly super bad build.
its a build that only works 20-26.
at lvl 35 that build is a rip off and it doesnt work it just makes you dex spamm that means get 3 2 shoted by tech builds
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/7/2013 6:03:39   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Firstly, locking this up since this does fall in to buying/unlocking classes which is in the FSI which has been pointed out, since it is basically having your original class as a free unlocked class to be reverted to. It also looks like a flame war could easily evolve here, so better put any sparks out now!

I will explain something quickly though since some people certainly seem to need a bit of guidance on this subject! I do feel Mother1 has hit the nail on the head for the most part really, the main reasoning being that it is expensive to avoid any balance issues from being amplified to a much higher level than needed. If classes are unlockable, buyable or cheap to switch to, you would have a game of everyone switching to any class slightly OP, then getting annoyed when it is nerfed to bring it back down to as near to balance as possible.

With regard to not knowing how good a class is before switching to it, I again feel Mother1 raised a good point, you can see others fighting as that class and see how they do. If you really do not see many or have much understanding, we have a wiki that will give you all the information on the game as possible, including all the information and skills on classes: http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Classes - if you go there, you will be able to look at all the skills in a class, how it works and likely come up with an idea of whether it is or is not a class you would be able to work with and play as. You may say 'you do not know how it will work until you try it'; yes this is true to an extent. At the same time though, I have only switched classes a few time, I have been a Bounty Hunter from the very beginning and kept it that way, only changing once or twice, then reverting back. Every time I have switched though, I managed to create a working build and used logic to make one I felt would work before even changing, once switched I have not once struggled with that build I created before, all-be-it needing a small tweek once tried. This example is not to say that it will always work out, but it is to show that careful thinking and knowledge of the game will allow you to make a good decision on a class change and make it work before even going into it, saving you Varium and possibly a bit of frustration.

Finally, EpicDuel is a business, servers are expensive to run, bandwidth costs and Developers have to be paid to make a living. There are many people who feel that everything should be free or at least very cheap, and trust me, as a company we would love it if that was possible! However since it is expensive to run a game, it is the lives of the Developers and their everyday job, and it is a business, it is not possible at all. There would literally be no game to even play if there was no income, because we would not be able to afford it, and it would not be financially viable. For the game to work, there has to be an income basically so we can afford to run it, to make the income Varium is in place, and for this reason, Varium users have to have some bonuses and incentive to buy it. What we do believe in is not tricking people into wasting money and this is why we have all the information readily available on the wiki, or for you to see in action in the game, so you can make an informed decision on Class Changing etc. You can look into all the details before you spend money and that is something we very much make sure to do, so you know what you are getting out of your money. If you choose not to use the information given or to consider the choice, that is something only you have power over and we cannot help, since the most we can do is offer those resources to you to use as you want.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class revert
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition