Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> RE: AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/5/2014 0:21:02   
UKTone

Could status stat rolls be added to the status conditions pedia and info submissions? i think that'd be a lot better than adding it to every equipment, since it'll be easier to find.

Most status rolls are 'sort of' unique to the piece of equipment. Unless the staff decide to go for something more 'standardised' Eg: Paralysis ALWAYS uses END as a Major and LUK as a minor, you're going to have to look at the specific piece of equipment. Point in case: Blind. Some rolls are against Monster END, while others are against DEX. Not happening until we see some kind of standardised 'homogeneity', which the staff seem to be avoiding. ~ Ward_Point

< Message edited by Ward_Point -- 12/12/2014 6:59:08 >
AQ  Post #: 51
12/14/2014 12:37:41   
Heroes of the Scape

For the Spells section could we have a sticky for Summon/Call Spells? It can be troublesome sometimes to have to hunt down the Spell in the main list.
AQ  Post #: 52
12/14/2014 13:08:15   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

The spells by element and level thread has a summon spells section you can easily look through.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
12/14/2014 14:43:14   
UKTone

@Ward_Point then around where the portion where they list the monsyets, pets, and equipment, maybe the stat rolls could be added there, along with something indicating which they're pertaining to? Would make it much easier to compare things.

Also since there's not many status conditions, it would be one of the qiicker things to fill compared to the other encyclopedia things.

< Message edited by UKTone -- 12/14/2014 14:53:23 >
AQ  Post #: 54
12/14/2014 19:21:00   
The Green Guy

I realize this would take alot of work, more so than for other kinds of items...

...but Misc Items encylopedia entries seriously need a way to be sorted besides by level.

So many misc items provide good effects, and yet aren't swept or simply just aren't related to level in order to be effective.

I would envision it like, "Misc Items by Defensive Element, Offensive Element, And Other Effects" - that is, primarily sorting misc items by their defensive elemental qualities, then a second section for offensive elemental qualities (and for miscs with both, you could put them in both sections where appropriate); and then a third section, indexed by effects (blind, stat boost, damage boost, magic nullifier, etc.), for any other misc items that don't fit in either elemental category, as well as any misc items with effects that aren't elemental-specific (so would need a second entry for indexing purposes).

Examples: Polygalactase Process could appear under Defensive Earth items, and again under Offensive Earth items.
Pendant of The'Galin could appear under Defensive "Other/Random" misc items, and again under the third category in a subcategory for "Bonus to Hit".
The mana Dragon Knight Helm misc could appear under Defensive Fire items, again under Offensive Fire items, and a third time in the third category for "MRM buff" (possibly further subcategorized into melee/ranged/magic).

Also, it seems like certain kinds of items in Info.Submission threads are updated to the wiki regularly, whereas others have a backlog of weeks, sometimes even months. I don't know exactly why that is, but sometimes when looking for optimal items, ones that are still in Info.Submission limbo get overlooked.
Post #: 55
12/26/2014 18:57:59   
UKTone

A rule/trend should be made that all new info submissions should have locations added. For items not in the encyclopedia, I typically have to ask in q&a for their location nowadays.
AQ  Post #: 56
1/20/2015 22:52:32   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

^ Except for LTS, package, Frostval giftboxes and possibly GGB items, you should now be able to find the locations of most items through its respective quest entries now that most quests have been released. I can't think of any other exception (from the four) that cannot be found now off the top of my head.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
8/21/2015 22:00:38   
1stClassGenesis

Perhaps for Weapons, there could be a line specifying what type of weapon it is - Sword, Axe, Cleaver, Staff, Mace, Bow, Gun, etc.

Makes it easier for people who uses the Emblems, I guess.
Post #: 58
12/28/2015 11:01:19   
KlawdStrife
Helpful!

Could there be a public account for any of the image file hosting site where all pedia images are saved?

Noticed some images were broken coz the owner have already quit playing and most likely deleted the pics.
AQ  Post #: 59
12/28/2015 12:19:27   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

Pedia AK's have 2 photobucket accounts that we try to upload images to were possible (I've been having issues uploading to them for some reason >.>, my own account works fine).

Some of the broken images are because of closed accounts, but most that I've seen were images uploaded to imageshack, who have a habit of deleting old images from their site and replacing them with ads.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
12/29/2015 1:40:35   
Legendary Ash

Shapeshift spells should have their own post within the Spell indexes by Element cause they don't deal that element's dmg.
AQ  Post #: 61
12/30/2015 13:35:55   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

I was considering the same thing at first, but putting them in the element lists lets people know what element the armour you get from the spell defends against.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
1/1/2016 19:34:02   
Legendary Ash

How about merging Call/Summons with elemental lists to identify their elements and make subsections for those and Shapeshifts, like Tokens, Rares and Special offers.
AQ  Post #: 63
3/5/2016 2:37:39   
DawsonJr

Hello,

I have a suggestion for the Cat-Astrophe quest encyclopedia entry in the Locations/Quests/Events subforum. Essentially, I just played through this particular quest in an effort to acquire the Algern Carapace, and died in one hit to the level 150 version of Algern (losing all my progress and not getting my reward) - there's absolutely no indication in the encyclopedia entry that I would face the strongest version of him, and am wondering if the entry could be updated with this information, please.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

DawsonJr
Post #: 64
9/14/2018 19:06:14   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Could the section of Misc items have multiple elemental sections like the rest of all other items have? I feel like it's reaaaaaaaaaaally hard to find miscs that protect against specific elements right now, so it would be a huuuuuuuuuuge relief to have the pedia be split like that! >.<

Thanks in advance! ^^)/
AQ  Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> RE: AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition