Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Credit Streaks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Credit Streaks
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/5/2013 17:22:08   
  Exploding Penguin

@ND: The problem with that is that it'll only last him about 5 matches at max before the server becomes full enough for such a plan to cease to work, especially since it would also take a fair amount of planning to do and probably wouldn't be worth the extra 30 or so credits.
Epic  Post #: 26
7/5/2013 17:23:11   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

@Mallet

Now that is commonly known anyways; there is no way to stop them ^^ unless you report them.
And it is a minor issue; Will people do it today? Ofcourse they will; it is just very common. People boost anywhere and any place. That includes the biggest games such as treyarch, activision, sulake, Epic Games, ubisoft for example. Do they continue on with big streaks? Yes. It is only the minority which dummy & boost.
Epic  Post #: 27
7/5/2013 20:13:33   
King FrostLich

To prevent abusing credit streaks, make it a separate basis for defeating NPC's and players. Credit streaks should scale slightly higher when defeating players while remains as a fixed increase for NPC's based on your level.
Epic  Post #: 28
7/5/2013 20:15:55   
Mother1

@ king frostlich

I missed this twice when I was posting however I will post it since it seems you missed it

quote:

Basically, whenever you get on a streak of 3 or more wins in a row of any battle type excluding challenge/NPC, you begin gaining a small amount of extra credits per win after that. The bonus credit amount would increase in an exponential fashion, so that people who get on very long win streaks will begin to see humongous gains in a single win. This idea could also work for EXP as well.

In other words NPC won't be counted towards these streaks.

Epic  Post #: 29
7/5/2013 20:24:59   
sweetmonger
Banned

yeah I worked my but off for 2 days all the time for a neat weapon that doesn't look bad.
Post #: 30
7/5/2013 20:36:36   
Bloodpact

quote:

I don't think anyone brought this up just from skimming through it but what about when a server just opens up and a guy brings his friend to lose to him so he can get a streak?

Now there is a good point, but I'm the master of solutions so I have devised solutions!

Solution 1:

You could not tier up your streak unless it was to a separate person!

Example:

You kill your friend so you have 1 streak, but then you could kill him

again and again BUT you will not go past 1 streak until you find someone new

every single tier of the streak would have to be to somebody original.

Solution 2:

Until the server hits a peak of 100 users online the streak system won't be active.
[ this could be done manually or automatically. ]

Solution 3:

The streak system would only be active on the Epic server, and there is no way

they could get a lot of streaks in time.

Epic  Post #: 31
7/6/2013 1:31:33   
  Exploding Penguin

Why is everyone missing the point about it excluding NPCs and challenge battles...

@Bloodpact: Or simply just let it be because the time after an update before the server becomes too full for such an elaborate ruse is very short, and people would probably not go through all the trouble to exploit this weakness since it would take time to plan and organize for a small credit gain.
Epic  Post #: 32
7/6/2013 1:44:46   
Mother1

@ Exploding

I just thought about this, but this idea could cause lower levels to gain way too many credits. I say this because at real low levels to mid low quick kill builds work extremely well and unlike at higher levels defenses can't match these stats. Down there it is literally high offensive builds that 2 turn the masses.

With this idea while it is good for higher levels (since many quick kill builds can be countered easy) at lower levels this isn't the case.
Epic  Post #: 33
7/6/2013 2:14:09   
Bloodpact

@Exploding

yeah except the exile server only has a couple people in it sometimes which makes it oh so easy to exploit.

@mother

Except "the masses" all use these 2 turn builds so getting past a 2-turn streak would be extremely hard lower level two

since most fighting would consist oh you running into your own build if not your counter build.

Low level is just a bunch of Dex Mages , BH's , and bunker busting/support Mercs to kill the Dex mages, its like rock paper scissors

where the dex mages own the BH's the Mercs own the Dex mages and the BH Kill the mercs.

sometimes who goes first changes the order but this is the natural order atm.
Epic  Post #: 34
7/6/2013 2:27:18   
Mother1

@ bloodpact

Getting sick and tired of getting creamed by those builds I turned my mage into a dex mage. I kept count of my wins in a row and in all honesty I actually made up to 30 before I was taken down by a support merc who ended up getting lucky with a crit.

My point being is that if I could do that easily with luck of who I get, it would only promote these builds even more at lower levels.
Epic  Post #: 35
7/7/2013 4:18:24   
lampur1

archknights are smart again :O
never would have come up with that
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
7/7/2013 5:35:21   
Silver Sky Magician

@ND

I think that would be highly impractical.

This idea is pretty good. Supported.
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Credit Streaks
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition