Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 28th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.20

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 28th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.20
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/1/2013 5:23:50   
Ranloth
Banned

Overpowered means you cannot beat it under any circumstances - using appropriate strategy - but may have to rely on pure luck to stand a chance. If they are beatable by players, they are not overpowered. If your build cannot beat them, it's a flaw in your build instead of a class being too strong.

As a BM, I can still compete with them despite some people saying BMs have fallen to the same level as pre-Static Mercenaries which I see as false because it's not true.
AQ Epic  Post #: 76
7/1/2013 5:32:58   
ReinVI

Abusing the word OP? that's ridiculous hp spammers aren't really op sure they're really really annoying but tlms are OP I really don't care what is said in there defense. I know they are for the simple fact no build I have tried has beaten them. There tank-ability combined with the fact they have super charged tech attacks and bots PLUS having constant energy regeneration makes them able to heal loop while also having a way of emp-ing the opponent. It is pure chaos for anybody trying to fight themdue to them literally having a counter to every build. There defenses stop blood lust from working to it's max along with if they use poison the dpt from poison completely nullifies blood lust 99% of the time. there Atom smash is un-blockable now ( lesser effect but still an emp ) they can easily heal spam while you just barely stay alive. They need to be fixed and it's as simple as that. The combos they can pull off ( frost shards + poison/ poison bot ) are even more deadly thanks to losing energy/ health on a turn by turn basis WHILE being hit for even more damage during there turns.

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 7/1/2013 5:40:46 >
Epic  Post #: 77
7/1/2013 5:39:00   
Ranloth
Banned

That's a combo with a specific equipment, not a class' problem. Besides some players still manage to beat it so there isn't a problem. They aren't unbeatable since each build has a flaw, including yours. If it doesn't, that indicates there's a problem somewhere and should be fixed.

No, their defences don't stop BL from working. You get less HP back but it adds up over time, and their passive Armor is ignored completely on a Rage/Critical which you should get a lot (Rage) due to their high defences.

It's much harder as a BM if you wanna drain their Energy since there's two cores you can rely on. Does that tell you something? It's the same with Casters since they have Assimilation and it's unblockable. I only have Energy Shot to drain EP and it's merely -14 EP once a battle so it has to be timed before using. You have 2 cores + EMP. Use it wisely.
AQ Epic  Post #: 78
7/1/2013 5:49:12   
ReinVI

those specific combos are only a portion of the problem the tech abuse combined with maxing PA and just shoving all stats into tech then putting armor values into physical armor means that they can totally neglect dexterity after 45 and just pile more and more into tech. With tech as high as some get it there bots do a lot of damage ( especially the poison one given that's an poison that with tech spam is about as effective as a lvl 6-7 poison for NONE of the cost and can be used multiple times per fight. And even with other bots yeti, botanical borg, IA, any of them it just makes them into juggernauts of damage. To a degree they can be stopped from using surgical strike by emp or at least stalled from using it but once your out of energy thanks to the plethora of ways the devs have put in the games to make this easy to achieve your pretty much screwed due to them regaining energy while your flat out drained. and rage? yay I might be able to do a decent amount of damage every 4-5 turns! ...
Epic  Post #: 79
7/1/2013 5:52:45   
Ranloth
Banned

That's why subjective balance is never going to work out for ED. Terribly biased and won't ever be fixed due to players and the community.
AQ Epic  Post #: 80
7/1/2013 5:57:12   
ansh0

Trans, strength mercs at the beginning of Omega were called OP.

But they were beatable(they didn't have a 100% ratio, did they?)

OP means it's more powerful than it should be.

You have it all wrong.

Oh and the old IA!

Trans, why was it nerfed when it wasn't OP(clearly you could defeat someone using it)?
By your logic, IA should have never been nerfed.

< Message edited by ansh0 -- 7/1/2013 6:00:22 >
Epic  Post #: 81
7/1/2013 6:08:35   
ValkyrieKnight

I said it 1,000 times, its not the skills its technology, it does way more than it should. It's the most powerful stat among the 6.

Why can't some skills power up with support? Why is it always dexterity or technology? Why make it so that you can be really powerful and really tanky at the same time? I never understood this concept. More skills need to be like artillery strike.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 7/1/2013 6:11:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
7/1/2013 6:12:25   
Ranloth
Banned

@ansh0
Before you start trolling, do think about the meaning of the word. Overpowered means more power than it should have, yes, but calling a build overpowered because your build cannot counter it does not make it overpowered, at all. It is powerful, yes. It can be dangerous with a good combo, yes. But it does not make it anywhere near being overpowered. Take out Botanical Hazard, is it less OP?Drain EP, is it less OP? They are viable counters, they do work but they are finite as well.
If your build can't counter it whilst others can, it does not make a build/class overpowered. If hardly anyone can counter it and/or is using an overpowered build to fight them, yes it is overpowered.
AQ Epic  Post #: 83
7/1/2013 9:23:43   
One Winged Angel1357

What TLM build are we talking about, super tanks with poison bot or without?

Either way an STR build coupled with a good heal can beat them in fact I have been doing that all morning even if all of my attacks are blocked because of my absurdly low dex. They poison me I heal when I want to heal and the poison is gone. They use that silly frost attack on me I use Assim and generator to keep a supply of energy not to mention reroute. Their high resistance vs my malf and now it is just a normal resistance.

The issue isn't that they can't be beat it is that you have to use what I would call a mind numbing build to do it. Only thinking I do is, "Is it worth healing with my low def and res or should I just keep on hitting them?"
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 84
7/1/2013 15:02:13   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

Objective Reinforcements - The longer one side holds an Objective, the more control the other side will receive per win. Reinforcements will decay over time once the Objective has been re-taken.

I don't think this is working. Exile is still winning with objective reinforcements. Might be broken but I don't know if it's a bug.

Epic  Post #: 85
7/1/2013 15:04:03   
Ranloth
Banned

It is working properly. I've seen 311 Influence on Naval Flag earlier when Legion was holding it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 86
7/1/2013 15:07:51   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

For some reason we (THE LOVE) have 8 members on but we still cannot get our flag back -.-'''. That objective reinforcements isn't helping us.
Epic  Post #: 87
7/1/2013 15:51:37   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

I don't think this is working. Exile is still winning with objective reinforcements. Might be broken but I don't know if it's a bug.

There was an issue that came up over the weekend with it. Should be fixed now. May take a little time for the Reinforcements to equalize properly. If we need to tweak the system further we can do that too.
Post #: 88
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 28th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.20
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition