Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/24/2015 23:45:48   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ the only reason Dmk has that form is because seppy did something similar when he tortured drakonan
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 251
8/25/2015 0:07:06   
Mordred

Not only that, but it shows a juxtaposition between the relationship we have with dragons versus that of villainous characters like Sepulchure.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 252
8/25/2015 0:31:36   
Plendamonda2

It could also be because dragons are cool *shrugs*

New (or recycled ones, whatever lol) animations are awesome; a special thanks to Ash
got me re-excited for the DmK revamp, makes me think we'll get it sooner than originally expected
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 253
8/25/2015 0:56:23   
Dark Lord Urmi

yeah it was the animations that got me excited as well...call me shallow but it makes it feel like a new class XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 254
8/25/2015 7:00:04   
Dracojan

i dont mean the idea, its the execution that i dislike. the size for the most part but also the looks of the dragon. if we get into a bigger more detailed badass dragon then it would be so much better.
DF  Post #: 255
8/25/2015 7:13:13   
W.A.R.Z.

What if there was a giant group of undead dragons, like the one from Avatar of Time, the dragon they have now, and then SMUDD just claws in from the right side of the screen at the enemy. (I'm probably asking for too much)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 256
8/25/2015 7:17:56   
Shadows Morgenstern

DoomKnight isn't getting *new* animations, it's getting Seppy's attack animations, stop asking for more. >.>
DF  Post #: 257
8/25/2015 7:26:44   
W.A.R.Z.

Can it get an animation were the text "*NEW*" pops up on screen in a bold font?

If there was a nerfing artifact for DoomKnight, what do you think it would be? I'd want it to be an artifact necklace that's name has "artichoke" somewhere in it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 258
8/25/2015 8:14:42   
Dark Lord Urmi

shadows its not asking for more its just speculation on whats changed animation wise obviously we are all grateful for this. That being said Since the idea of the new doomknight having an artifact was being bounced around i wonder what it would do.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 8/25/2015 8:18:09 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 259
8/25/2015 8:34:00   
W.A.R.Z.

@Dark Lord Urmi
It would nerf DoomKnight. It hasn't been confirmed as something that's going to happen, but I think one of the staff members said that if there was one then it would nerf DoomKnight when you equip it. (as opposed to the current artifacts that make classes more powerful/as powerful but in a different way)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 260
8/25/2015 8:49:11   
crabpeople

^ That would be fun. You equip the artifact and then turn into a DoomlessKnight

Do you like DF jokes, crazy builds/strats and ebil?
Then crabpeople's YT corner is your place!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 261
8/25/2015 9:03:06   
Dracojan

artefact for doomknight:
Destiny aura. cape lvl 1. description: For Destiny!!!
gives 99 to all primary stats, -30 to all secondary stats.

all skills heal the enemy instead of damaging him/her. self heal skills damage the doomknight.

just a random idea :D
DF  Post #: 262
8/25/2015 9:35:35   
megakyle777

I don't know what a artifact would do for sure, but I know som e people out there said they wanted to use Doomknight but not be OP, and this the idea of a nerfing Doomknight Artifact that is strictly optional was talked about so people can use it without being OP and others can keep the OP. But it's also not a garantee: for all we know a DOomknight Artifact could nerf it, turn it into a Destiny Knight, give our souls to Seppy, fire rainbows out it's eyes, or even... make Doomknight a Tier 5 class.

...Okay, that last one ain't happening because Ash would probably kill us all if it did. But the rest could happen for all we know.
DF  Post #: 263
8/25/2015 9:56:14   
Dark Lord Urmi

Warz what your are thinking of was when ash said that if the current doomknight got an artifact it would probably make DMK pink. He went on to sat that MAYBE the new Dmk would get a real one and that AOT and other offer classes would share the same one.

And for a real dmk artifact not a joke one id say it would make the "final" attack vengeance turn into the dark wave seppy used in aqw on alteon that would do slightly more damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vo2tOXoIG8 this is what i mean around 2:05

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 8/25/2015 10:00:34 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 264
8/25/2015 10:20:03   
Subon

@Above

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I personally prefer dark waves of skulls instead of turning into dragons.

And dang, Ash shouldn't have showed me those pictures, now I'm stupidly expecting him to drop the revamp unusually soon.

< Message edited by Subon -- 8/25/2015 14:13:14 >
Post #: 265
9/11/2015 4:36:45   
Do0msDay
Banned

I mean I do understand that this armor is gamebreaking, but I know that there are some people who enjoy playing this game as a god everyone has there own playstyle.
Why not give people the option to nerf there DmK armor also make it possible for them to reset it anytime they want instead force feeding the nerf to everyone.

I personally would love to play the nerfed version but I have to admit that there are also days I enjoy playing this game like some kind of a god, having an option to swap between OP and Nerfed version would be great.
Post #: 266
9/11/2015 4:39:06   
megakyle777

I can't wait for Ash to have a lot of fun makin his first and only Tier 4 OP class, only to be told it's not Op enough/does not live up to Old DMk's legacy/ the animations are stilted/do not adjust right/some other complaint people will make. DX

But seriously, looking forwards to it. Ash has done the other revamps justice and that was WITHOUT the hypothetical power of a Tier 4. I'm sure this thing will be a beast.
DF  Post #: 267
9/11/2015 5:06:57   
Chazero

@Do0msDay
Ash himself has said that it won't be a nerf (taken from the DmK Revamp FAQ):
quote:

1. You're nerfing DoomKnight?!?!?!

No, and I don't like that word being tossed around all the time when it's not true. Nerfing means an overall lowering in total power. That's not the case here and never was the intent. (I know people like to say I love nerfing things but I honestly don't.) There are two skills that need adjustments but other than that I'm either BUFFING or keeping the other skills the same. I'm buffing a bunch of skills actually because most of them are either useless or so niche they aren't useful at all 99% of the time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 268
9/11/2015 6:46:47   
Azan

quote:

I personally would love to play the nerfed version but I have to admit that there are also days I enjoy playing this game like some kind of a god, having an option to swap between OP and Nerfed version would be great.

You'll have the option to switch between the Old and the New versions of DmK if you have already purchased DmK before the revamp goes live! The Old won't be obtainable anymore, but those who own it will keep it. I refer to the "Old" and "New" versions of DmK because, as Chazero said, the DmK revamp won't be a nerf.
Post #: 269
9/11/2015 15:30:30   
W.A.R.Z.

@Chazero @Azan
I think that Do0msDay meant was that he wanted to be able to make DoomKnight less powerful for him by his choice alone, and being able to reverse that choice whenever he wanted. I think that what he said matches up with the idea making of an equiptable artifact that makes DoomKnight less powerful, but only when you equip it. That way people who want to be a god with DoomKnight can, but people that want to be less powerful but still a DoomKnight by getting the artifact.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 270
9/11/2015 15:44:39   
Grandpa Oz
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

To be honest, I hope the revamp makes the class more challenging to play (not weaker, but more challenging). I bought it earlier this year, used it for two days, and then switched back to the greatest class ever concieved, Evolved Chickencow. Some more fun with DmK would be good ^^
(Can we have a Doom Chickencow?)
DF AQW  Post #: 271
9/11/2015 19:42:57   
doomtown

W.A.R.Z. yea either an artifact or some skill like God Mode/Doom Mode (I'm not good with names) which boosts the power of all the offensive skills and also slightly improves the healing. It should remain active unless someone deactivates it or signs out. By entering God Mode/Doom Mode + having good gear you should be able to one/two hit mobs with arround 2.5k HP.

Also it could be so that when you are in God Mode/Doom Mode your skills consume lots of Mana that could also make the game more challenging. Tho I personally would only use God Mode/Doom Mode on the farming/grinding quests so I'm not sure about that Mana idea.

Everyone enjoys playing this game in there own ways, some people enjoy playing this game just for it's quest/storyline and some for the strategic battles and others like playing this game with cheats on. The option to be overpowered shouldn't be a problem since this is an offline RPG game, I can see how it can be a problem in online games where it would give you an unfair advantage over the others but in an offline game it should be fine.

I do think by having the option to swap between OP Mode and Nerfed Mode that both parties would be satisfied.
Post #: 272
9/11/2015 19:43:46   
Ash

You can stop deleting/reposting your post now.

Have you tried the new version at all?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 273
9/11/2015 19:52:11   
doomtown

@Ash Not yet I have to wait 2 years before I can buy DoomKnight set. But my friend kinda did and I checked with him. Blood Rite(not sure if it is that skill) used to do some uber massive damage arround if I recall correctly 900-1100 (No Crit) damage now it does arround (150-300). Correct me if I'm wrong :P

< Message edited by doomtown -- 9/11/2015 19:59:48 >
Post #: 274
9/11/2015 19:57:09   
Ash

"Kinda did" isn't really good enough. What was he fighting against? What were the element resistances? Was it the same enemy both times? Was it the same weapon? Was it the same level range?

See the issues? You can claim it's weaker but without being able to test it, which you'll get to when the 2 weeks are up if you own a D.A., and not even being sure your numbers are right, you're making an assumption. Can we leave assumptions out of this?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition