Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2013 10:16:57   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Womba, that's got me sold!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
7/12/2013 10:26:45   
99th Dracopyre

Judging from the Youtube Vids, Doom Knight is an all-powerful death machine of pure destruction.
IT's borderline OP.
Basically, it's on a whole different level all its own.

However, the Doom Knight, being the most powerful armor out there, it sets a standard for other future-classes. None can be more powerful than the Doom Knight. Though, at the current state of the Doom Knight, it's pretty hard to reach it.

~Draco
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
7/12/2013 10:56:04   
mew626

quote:

Some of the moves I feel are just thrown in there and useless to the class as a whole. The stun resist reducer is unneeded (and bugged for males) as DmK is too OP to even need stun. Also, the 2 hits that also remove mana is useless because too few monsters even use mana and (same argument), even if they did DmK is too OP for it to matter. Also, the buff to damage on undead is useless because that is only one type and DF has so many more. Even if it has story value you could just strap on a light sword and blast the undead to bits. Furthermore, the refilling potions thing is useless, replace it with a mana healing skill and hp is takes care of nicely by life carve. Also, the halving mana thing is useless too as the basic attack is so OP that you dont even need mana for anything except bosses and even bosses fall too quickly for any use. UI think basically when the class as a whole is so op, the DF team had to put few filler moves. I mean DmK is fine with only these moves: life carve, blood rite, doom spikes and the health return move.

I see "DmK is too OP" ... "DmK is too OP" everywhere! DmK IS SUPPOSED to be OP'ed. >.> That's why me and some of the other more power-loving people love it so much!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 53
7/12/2013 16:31:48   
Rukaji

Yeah, it's meant to be the best class in the game. I kind of want it, but I might get bored of it quickly. I like somewhat strategy in my games. XD

DF  Post #: 54
7/12/2013 17:35:57   
Sneevillord

Shame i never got it. parents r so cruel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
7/12/2013 17:38:59   
salene

hah lol, i got it on a previous account but then it got hacked! :(
anyway, for anyone who doesnt have it, it makes the game a little to easy
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
7/12/2013 23:28:45   
Galez

All i can say is that class is worth every cent. Getting Dragon Amulet itself was a great experience IMO. But still they really need to change the DMK walking style,it looks like me trying to do a gangsta walk
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
7/13/2013 0:22:18   
Midnightsoul

Yeah, it's a great class. I just wish it could have it could be lil' more defensive...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
7/13/2013 1:21:15   
Galbotorix

quote:

I mean DmK is fine with only these moves: life carve, blood rite, doom spikes and the health return move.

I kinda disagree with you. DmK skills is chearfuly selected to make you OP in ALL situations. It also dipends on your fighting style. Spaming only few skills is no fun.
Post #: 59
7/13/2013 11:19:38   
Midnightsoul

^nah, not really strategical
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/13/2013 13:17:36   
Azotus

The Doom Knight is too much fun.
Watching the enemies hopelessly battle.
Decimating them with raw power.
The NSoD Special though, it makes me laugh.
It's all *pchoo, choo, choo, choo, choo, choo, choo, choo, choo, choo, choo...choo*
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 61
7/13/2013 13:42:23   
Kazuki_Kitsuki

Well, there actually is strategy involved in using the Doom Knight class. There are three strategies that I know of: death by strike skills, death by DOT and death by damage reflect. Choosing between them is so hard, though I like to make powerful bosses/enemies kill themselves
DF MQ  Post #: 62
7/13/2013 14:29:12   
Tigirosa

Becouse of large mp costs, its not realy useful to use DmK in long quests.
Personaly i like that i can use such destructive power which also allow you to battle realy tough bosses in extrime mode and discover this armors true limits (without using life crave). Ofcorse i dont have this armor yet but i kinda know how its like when you farm Woltabolt quests for exp with pyromancer and escelance weapons. I also agree that Doom knight needs new animations.

< Message edited by Tigirosa -- 7/14/2013 12:16:13 >
DF  Post #: 63
7/13/2013 14:34:34   
Womba

quote:

@Womba, that's got me sold!

Tl;Dr version:

DoomKnight is meant to be overpowered. Mostly because of how much money you're spending for all of the Dragon Coin packages the parts come in. If you don't own it, a good way to describe the sheer power the class has... well... let's just say you don't wanna be anywhere near whoevers wearing the armor. Really. You should look at the screen when they're swinging that sword around.

I mean... you just go vwooshzheeooshzhoozoosh!

Just remember. There is zero percent chance of something going wrong if you just mash the buttons.

< Message edited by Womba -- 7/13/2013 14:37:57 >
DF AQW  Post #: 64
7/13/2013 16:15:35   
flashbang

@Womba DmK can beat the unbeatables. At least with Baron Dante it can.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 65
7/14/2013 0:00:55   
The_Insomniac_Of_Lore

DoomKnight is basically an assault helicopter that we use on foam cutouts, it's so overpowered that it makes the entirety of the game a trivial challenge at best. And that's OK. There is a very good reason for it to be so powerful, and it makes wars easy and fast. If not for the existence of DoomKnight, our success in wars would be considerably less.
DF  Post #: 66
7/14/2013 0:22:52   
Kazuki_Kitsuki

Tigirosa, you can actually get around the high costs of the skills. You use mana potions outside of battle to bring your mp back, then use favor to refill your potions. Makes long quests a breeze, just make sure the enemy you're fighting can be killed in five turns of favor or else you will be the one who dies. Well, I'm just throwing it out there for people who might not know of it.

I tend to only break out the armor to either farm for xp/gold/equips quickly, rack up waves in a war (since I've returned to DF), humiliate enemies or decimate annoyingly strong bosses like Doctor When. I actually prefer to use Rift Walker or Technomancer for my main, Cryptic or SoulWeaver for my rogue and Ascendant for my mage. In fact, neither my mage or rogue have even used the doom knight armor, just the cape, helm and sword. I just saved Doom Knight for my main so people would get easy PvP trophies off him and he looks menacing.

As for what's been posted below, a lot of people want updates to animations and such. Artwork wise, I guess a few want the helm altered, a few probably want a more ragged cloak that flaps in the wind like Galanoth's does.

< Message edited by Kazuki_Kitsuki -- 7/14/2013 2:28:09 >
DF MQ  Post #: 67
7/14/2013 1:33:10   
Nodrey

I'm an old player, and I tend to jump back into DF every few weeks just to see what I have missed. I managed to grind atrix points during a stint of joblessness in order to get the points needed for the doomknight armor, and I'd say it's well worth the investment. I'm not savvy to the technical aspects of DF, but, yes, I will admit that I have an easy time of it when I'm going through the game. I find that a positive, since I tend to need to catch up on questlines and such in order to keep pace with everything that is going on. Being able to steamroll through the mobs make it better for me to be able to enjoy the story. I would however eventually like to see a change in the doomknight artwork, or at least an option to upgrade the artwork. I notice how much better and better the weapons and such are looking when they get released, and cant help but think to myself "wow, those look much better then my simple pulsing doomblade"

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 68
7/14/2013 2:16:30   
Ice Blaze

In my opinion; a great all rounder, really powerful, worth the wait and the cash and very eye pleasing.
Just wished the fix the walking animation for both genders (males still walk weird and females..uh...lets just say they 'skip' whilst raising their free hands)
And IMO, male battle poses would probably look good if it was the same as Seppy's, as well as their arms(somewhat male DmK arms are too muscular for my liking <.>)

Post #: 69
7/14/2013 2:39:35   
Tigirosa

Meh, thanks for info Kazuki.

And i also think that DmK skill effects needs to remain as they are but damage to undeath skill need to replace with power bost or skill who removes your enemies negative effects from you. Yeah. That should do it.
DF  Post #: 70
7/14/2013 5:45:38   
ASdeTergI
Banned

I never said dmk isn't OP. I meant that a few moves are op while others give useless buffs. I mean remove all those useless things and give it a mana regen skill!
Post #: 71
7/14/2013 6:00:43   
Lemonus

So DmK can beat anything that isn't today's Sepulchure(the past one didn't make it)

Wonder if they'll make more bosses that eve DmK can't beat.
DF AQW  Post #: 72
7/14/2013 6:09:34   
ElementalLord

I like DmK, cuz I just like kicking the crud outta anything. Although, the animations are a bit samey... But that's what I have SW and RW for!

DF  Post #: 73
7/15/2013 0:40:56   
Womba

quote:

@Womba DmK can beat the unbeatables. At least with Baron Dante it can.

Yeah but after he beat Seppy (amongst other people also) the staff have been more careful about making something "unbeatable." Heck... they even went back and buffed Fluffy because people were still beating him to. (if only by sheer luck)

As for Doomknights "mana problem." I really don't see why it desperately needs a skill for that... like I pointed out... you pretty much have infinite sustainability because you can keep refilling potions by using Favor. Even the 4 glades area's sheer size are a complete joke when you're using DmK. Map not included.

Again... it's a more Darkness oriented class because of the resistance debuff to the element it has. Even if everything still strikes with current weapon element anyway.
DF AQW  Post #: 74
7/15/2013 3:13:20   
Kazuki_Kitsuki

@Tigirosa: I've always wondered about that other debuff skill... Actually, from what I just read, its quite useful. If you used 'wake' to reduce an enemy's resistance to darkness by 100, and they're undead like Sek Duat, using 'shadow' will double your damage to the monster, making it like you are using a weapon they are incredibly weak to in spite of using the NSoD. As for dropping the cost of the skills, using 'dark aura' cuts the costs in half, extending how long the armor can go on for.

The only skills I think need to be changed are 'split strike,' because so few enemies use mana, and 'break,' because its only one hit from what I can see. Also, as pointed out repeatedly, the animations are in need of updating.

All in all, its the complete opposite of DragonLord, which is all about wearing the opponent down with a near unbreakable defense and multiple elemental attacks. Doom knight is destruction, DragonLord is protection. Two sides of the same situation: the surrounding army and the besieged.
DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition