Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The code system

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> The code system
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/11/2013 10:17:40   
zion

Not ranting... providing solutions:

1) According to most long-time players the game is stale

2) According to most reasonable players the 30 seconds and gone feeding frenzy code system is unfair and promotes living on twitter

Solve these two glaring issues by saving the ultra-rare limited cool stuff for grind missions (AE boss drop anyone) for top level players (limited by difficulty, quantity or time):

+ Only one character per real-life player would get one (unless they broke the TOS)
+ The prizes are earned
+ Something to do

edit: If the devs really want people on their twitter feeds, give away small cheap prizes (like random weapon, credits or 5 Varium)
Double edit: Thanks MM, thought I was in the Suggestions ;)

< Message edited by zion -- 7/11/2013 10:57:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/11/2013 13:05:51   
Mother1

@ Zion

That was what they did at the start Zion. They gave away those cheap prizes such as the hank cake, and the energy booster. On top of that they gave no warning either they would just post the codes and no one was upset. However, this was because everyone could get said item if they wanted it within the game even if it was a seasonal rare item like the spoon.

Also the staff did what they did last time because the forums were moaning and groaning about how the staff played favorites to the american time zone (which they are in) and ignored others. so that was why they posted the last 6 codes during different times of the day. However, by doing this they has to divide the original amount they were giving of each item by 3 (since they gave 2 items from 6 codes) and due to this that was why there was so little. Also add to the fact that they gave warning a day in advance everyone was swarming the guards.

Most codes aren't even gone in 30 second or less. most last a lot longer and in fact the last item I got from a code I got it from a code that lasted 15 minutes no lie. It was just that these codes had plenty of warning which will bring a lot of people, and a low quantity of the item where as most other codes don't get this kind of warning.

Low quantity + high warning = item goes quickly it is that simple.

The only solution for the code thing I can think of has been done already and that is to restock the first code or codes that are given for said items instead of making new ones. By giving different codes people who love to double dip can do so since it is a different code. However if you restock the same code these people can't double dip and in return those who missed out on the code the first time around have a fair chance of getting the item and more than just the same group of people can get the items. It worked with the azreal's deathbringer and it can work again with other codes.
Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> The code system
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition