Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= July 11th, 2013 - A New Level Of Warfare

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= July 11th, 2013 - A New Level Of Warfare
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2013 8:06:50   
  Charfade

quote:

why are there always swords in the game. why not something else ;/.

The regional swords came first because for one, we could develop a style for the region though swords much easier then if we were to do class specific. Creatively going into this NW and I spent a lot of time on the design/over all themes of what each region weapons would look like. Now we have a base style for region we have a better idea when we will design the other class specific weapons/armor/bots etc. Also swords take less time then class specific, so we could focus on design rather then quantity of weapons. Swords require 8 new designs x 2 for energy and physical sets = 14 new weapons. We do plan on expanding regional shops with more class specific. If you think about it, doing a class specific weapon set is 3 weapon types x 8 per region = 24 new weapons. Then you add energy and physical set into the mix, 2 x 24 = 48 weapons to design, vector, color, animate, database, and test before we can implement them into the game. 48 is a lot higher number than 14. And with all the other new content like achievements, battle background screens, interface screens, art team was lucky enough to get out 14. We are a 2 man crew so to speak XD. While we do get help from guest and fan artists from time to time, there is still a lot of boring behind the scenes work that goes into actually making these items functional for you to use. Which many times goes unrecognized how much work goes into correctly databasing new content. You have to be extremely organized. But trust me I would love to do regional war bots! They are my favorite to do when I have the time to do them. Mainly because of the unique animations that goes into them. But unfortunately animating takes more time for bots, and they are often victims to lots of bugs before they can go live. Which if we are lucky, we can get a bot out in 2 weeks from concept to finish.

So in a nut shell we do anticipate expanding the shops, it just takes a bit more planning to do so ^^
MQ Epic  Post #: 26
7/12/2013 8:20:39   
Mysterion.

quote:

Maybe a cheevo tier chart on DN's?

Yes please.
Epic  Post #: 27
7/12/2013 8:49:18   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

Which if we are lucky, we can get a bot out in 2 weeks from concept to finish.

So in a nut shell we do anticipate expanding the shops, it just takes a bit more planning to do so ^^

@char ah cool, this gives me an idea of what i might work on next
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/12/2013 10:03:35   
Jekyll

Its already 10AM EST, and there's no restock as promised?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
7/12/2013 10:03:45   
DanniiBoiixD

@ND

Maybe I worded that wrong. There isn't a fully developed story behind what we are fighting for... Maybe it's just me who doesn't think of this system as an actual war, because it will NEVER end, until they create a story and a very hard goal to reach. I just don't like fighting for something when I don't even have a legitimate reason why. And don't say any bull crap about how it's for land and influence. The only land that I see us fighting for that has a reason is the Dread Plains. The influence meter gets reset everyday, so no can actually ever truly win, no matter how much you fight. Although I love the new weapons, and I am aiming to get some Big Tuna physical claws, and maybe a 500 rating points tier of each cheevo, I honestly don't know what's the point, besides owning land for no good reason.

Since it seems that I am confuzzled, and waaay too blind to see the story, could you please explain to me why the war expanded to other regions?
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
7/12/2013 10:09:40   
Synner

Not interesting release

< Message edited by Synner -- 7/12/2013 10:10:09 >
Post #: 31
7/12/2013 11:18:04   
MirageD

IMO, there isn't really a war going on but a new way of playing. We now have to focus on our allegiance and are forced to fight from war objectives versus anywhere we want to (e.g. you house) I think the devs are experimenting with a new game play but aren't quite finished yet. IMO it's ok...but I don't like being forced to start battles from War Objectives in order to gain personal influence. Just my opinion. It forces everyone to play for WD or Faction stuff, when before we could just play for enjoyment.

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/12/2013 11:31:58   
IsaiahtheMage

This seems like a great update but we still need more incentive to fight in this war. What we need is new NPCs or to expand on the backstory of current NPCs, more cutscenes, more storyline, and a war progress meter. Right now what are we truly fighting for? To own a war objective for 20 minutes and then lose it to someone else? Then repeat until the next day comes and everything resets? This is more like a new faction system then a actual war. This is nothing like the frysteland war and infernal war that actually impacts the storyline and changes Delta V itself.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/12/2013 14:43:43   
Bloodpact

I can agree on what a lot of people are saying when they say that..."What is our goal in this war?" .... we have daily goal... to be better then the

other faction ,but it leads to nothing it just resets. What is the overall aim in this war, nothing atm.
Epic  Post #: 34
7/12/2013 15:18:43   
Killer666

Where are those really cool swords that were in that colored picture :( they were so awesome
Epic  Post #: 35
7/12/2013 18:56:45   
IsaiahtheMage

It's updating!
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
7/12/2013 22:11:20   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I wonder when we can jugg in war objectives ;D. I'm sure Rabble said he will add that but I don't know when.
Epic  Post #: 37
7/14/2013 15:28:35   
ValkyrieKnight

Truly tragic, I've seen numerous people now give everything up just to grab these new weapons. Truly tragic.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 7/14/2013 15:29:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
7/14/2013 15:31:37   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

Yup; I've seen alot of them lately on my level 26 which makes me win since I have a full gear & they only have 1 or 2 gear.

Edit:
My aim now is to get a very...very....very good percentage & play as competitive as possible without the use of passive cores. Active cores is a minor thing. When I mean playing competitive as possible; it's not me being so active & playing full 24/7. I actually mean to try & be strategic with the game play and do my best as possible to win. After that account goes 34-35; what else am I going to do ;/....

On my main; I don't get to do that since it's to plain & boring. Another reason is because I have so many gears; it lags you more. The less the gear; the better.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 7/14/2013 15:46:33 >
Epic  Post #: 39
7/14/2013 15:41:16   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Hulk

About the armor and weapons, yeah that gets on my nerves when people are always using these big hulking armors/weapons that forces me to go into low game quality.

I think it would help if non permanent items had the time frame in which they need to be bought within right next to there name in the shop so players wouldn't feel pressured into buying them ASAP. I'm still stressing over when the yeti will be removed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
7/14/2013 15:49:31   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I don't think the yetis will go since you need the yetis to upgrade them into Omega yetis. And you know what that means ^^ since it's Omega; Yetis may stay like the delta knight. Once the next phase starts maybe the yetis may go. No need to stress; if they do take them out of the game; they'll have to warn us first!
Epic  Post #: 41
7/14/2013 18:21:08   
Stabilis

What does anybody else think of this idea:

When the Dread War ends, scrap the event but keep the war interface for everyday play.
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
7/14/2013 18:49:48   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

LOL, that's what they were doing in the first place. This type of ''war objective'' is staying in ED for a long-term. Why'd you think they got rid of flag captures & tokens?
Epic  Post #: 43
7/14/2013 20:13:48   
DunkThatOreo

I'm still waiting for the war to start honestly. What are the goals each alignment has to make, what deadlines do we have to make? They replace flags with these "war objectives" and then nothing. What are their future plans for this war? What's their
highest priority at this very moment? Yet again they keep us in the dark with their lack of communication. I'm not against the war I just wish they told us what's next to come to make this war even more intense and exciting so I know when to
possibly start battling for real again.
Epic  Post #: 44
7/14/2013 20:28:41   
Mother1

@ dunkthatoreo

Which is why I believe many of the players aren't even going as hard or even playing in the war at all. I mean seriously how is this any different than what we do on a regular basis without wars? Frostland we had an objective that got people excited even though that was a varium brought war and the infernal war was straight forward from the start as well which got a lot of people raring to fight.

They seriously should have just left the old format of the wars and not try this new idea for wars. It just feels so everyday which is getting more stale then a bag of chips not sealed tight.
Epic  Post #: 45
7/15/2013 17:13:43   
Stabilis

quote:

Why'd you think they got rid of flag captures & tokens?

Maybe so that c.o.d.e. would be specialized on the war?
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
7/15/2013 17:42:33   
DunkThatOreo

You know what I find odd? The team is putting out less and less content every year. I wonder what that could mean?
Epic  Post #: 47
7/15/2013 17:45:56   
Ranloth
Banned

That there are bigger projects that consume even more time, and with small Team, it's hard to focus on both? Content doesn't necessarily mean items. Sometimes "mere" features such as showing buffs/debuffs below your character info are ones that do fall under content.

Also, don't try suggesting "Get more Staff!" because that's easier said than done.
AQ Epic  Post #: 48
7/15/2013 18:56:41   
beastmo

Central Station and West Naval cheevos vanished from my cheevos :3

Epic  Post #: 49
7/15/2013 19:04:24   
Mother1

Rabble in the cheevo bug thread posted that he "fixed" a bug however it seems in doing so he created another one.
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= July 11th, 2013 - A New Level Of Warfare
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition