Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

EpicDuel servers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> EpicDuel servers
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/15/2013 18:26:54   
Lord Machaar

I remember by this time in last year, all 4 EpicDuel servers were full Epic, Exile, Legion and doom, with capacity of 1000 players in each server. But this year, things have been changed, All I see is full is the Epic server, and sometimes, barely Exile server, I remember that the players even wanted a new server, and everyone thought from that day on, EpicDuel player base will get bigger and bigger, but what happend? completely the opposite, but let's sit tight and think, what are possibly the reasons?
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
7/15/2013 18:28:47   
Drangonslayer

Omegas freedom and the change in varium.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
7/15/2013 18:29:47   
  Exploding Penguin

The lack of updates that are actually exciting
Epic  Post #: 3
7/15/2013 18:36:41   
Mother1

Many of the older players left due to everything they knew and loved getting wiped out with changes they didn't like, Diversity has been lowered tremendously due to making all weapons the same as well as removing half of all the stats they used to have, and oh god the nerfs to every fun build that is found due to some group of people having trouble with them.

In a nut shell "Broken game is still broken"
Epic  Post #: 4
7/15/2013 19:29:43   
Q...Q

Yep its going downhill.
DF Epic  Post #: 5
7/15/2013 20:19:46   
Lord Machaar

I personally blame it on the awful way of advertising, the devlopers only care about their twitter accounts, and how much followers they get, I mean they look for fame for their self not for the game, I mean just look at the game facebook page, they barely post something on it, I knew many games got famous by their facebook pages, They barely post reminders and warnings and player support, just tell me, which game that doesn't put publicities for their new features, none, except ED, I mean who uses Twitter to advertise for a game?

The ED facebook page posts the same posts that Nightwraith posts on his twitter account, I mean look how many likes the ED page on facebook 37000 likes and tell me how many daily players? 1000? I bet Hero smash and Oversoul will get more players in the near future.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/15/2013 20:21:55 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
7/15/2013 22:28:09   
Dual Thrusters

Advertising doesn't change how people will like the game
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/15/2013 22:50:03   
AQWorldsFarmer

^ Doesnt? Well i would have never known about epicduel if it wasnt for them advertising it on aqworlds homepage. and i like it. And im sure im not the only one.
Post #: 8
7/15/2013 23:05:11   
SKRALL213

I agree I would of never found ED if it wasn't advertising on another AE game, I believe it is the same reason as Mother1 said, I love Omega and all but still, allot of players left because there stuff got nerfed and taken away (As in all the varium they bought and used on weapons and armor and such).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/15/2013 23:54:15   
Scyze

Really? All of the servers were full this time last year? I don't remember seeing that happen.

@AQWorldsFarmer,
I don't think you understand the post.

Remember those people (I think Sundance was the main one) who posted something on this section about the game? They said that if you're not enjoying the game, then you should leave. I blame them for just saying leave.
Could have said something like wait for a few weeks...

But I know that most of the ED players don't use the forums and probably didn't see those posts. It's just that the fun has disappeared and the urge to play isn't that high.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/16/2013 1:55:37   
Darkeroid

We need the old stats back. Fast.

Epic  Post #: 11
7/16/2013 4:06:35   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

but what happend?

This is what happened.

1)When varium players were enjoying enhancements in delta; there were more variums then ever before. Reasons why? Some people kept being punching bags & were forced to buy varium. Same like me but I brought it in early delta. Now most of AE games is free to play right? Well ED was quite the opposite. It was where players had to buy varium because they have been killed so many times.

If ED took the route to the varium players side; I would 100% say that there will be so many players then ever before obliterating the game. They would be so hardcore and I'm very sure they would've got alot of players then ever before. But I guess they took a BIG FAT Juicy risk.... and that was enhancements. If enhancements were in the game right now; I'm sure the servers would be dominated by varium players playing almost everyday. There's no point bringing enhancements back though at this sort of time now. I guess they have to move on with the game and try and make it better; but at this point it's going no where. So many nerfs.....so many balances...so many bugs.....

2) Another reason is because of the less features in this game. There is no feeling to why you want to play unless you want to battle 24/7. We've had the same features (Game mode wise) for over 2-3 years. I don't even think they cannot think of a game mode to make right now. I remember them saying that there game was going to be 100000000% times better but it's 100000000% worser. When they said that; it just got everyone hyped and I think that's what they wanted to do which was a big accomplishment on ED. If delta was still here right now; I would be more then happy to play delta rather then Omega.
I'm sure most beta players love Omega.

3) Azraels will has ruined this game ripping people into half. They better make sure this weapons comes out next year because I have a feeling they will not release it next year maybe. If it doesn't then I know people are going to leave for that reason because they cannot buy it. If Azraels will wasn't in this game right now; I'm sure some players would be here right now playing but they don't want to play because of this core. To me right now; the people that are using this core are completely noobs. It's like another set of the egg zooka where you can save money guaranteed for almost 2 years since the egg zooka had more stats. I would say another word for noobs ;/ but I'm sure if I say that one word; I will get a warning.

4) The prices in the in-game shop. Remember in delta when it some stuff cost varium & some stuff cost credits. Most varium players were annoyed saying that ''Why did I buy this equipment in delta; if I can get this same exact equipment for credits''. That just annoyed the varium players in the slightest. It was like our baby to have such a luxurious item but not anymore. Nearly the whole game is turning into a credit based game. The only thing varium is used for is for shortcuts now. It must have broken some varium players heart having the best & luxurious item that now a non-varium can buy now. Although at the bright side it made the non-variums happy; I'm happy they've had full of pride & joy getting the equipment we had back in the days.....

If all of these key essentials were here or not here in the game right now; I'm sure this game would be in the road to epicduel but I'm guessing it's too late now...

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 7/16/2013 4:22:32 >
Epic  Post #: 12
7/16/2013 4:30:49   
EpicIsEpic

@The Incredible Hulk
Yes.
But i am not playing due to point nr. 3 and i am nonvar and very happy that i didn't buy varium and waste my money.
Post #: 13
7/16/2013 6:52:03   
DanniiBoiixD

I bet it will get nerfed next year. I BET. They will only see when everyone is using the weapon just to get a positive ratio.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/21/2013 10:40:01   
zion

Did they ever say they would be available to everyone? Maybe it will only be available for Varium.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/21/2013 11:41:47   
Oba

Reboot the game back to beta and do it right this time.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/21/2013 12:01:00   
Mother1

@ OBA

The game wasn't even balanced in alpha and you think going back to beta will fix it?
Epic  Post #: 17
7/21/2013 12:12:18   
Oba

^No. But back then we had variety in builds and classes. Something we lack now because of all these nerfs and limitations we've got since beta, it have just made things worse. Hence, why I said go back to the scratch, beta, and do it right this time.

< Message edited by Oba -- 7/21/2013 12:31:16 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
7/21/2013 12:38:57   
Angels Holocaust

I remember the phase with the most amount of players and that was Beta. Right after beta ended, the amount of players in a server never actually measured up. With each new phase, the game continues to lose customers and that's a fact! This game is worse off now than it was 3 years ago. Maybe they should evaluate the direction this game has taken and that's for the worse and change it? Which phase was the most successful among the players. What did you guys do there to make it so successful? Those are the answers only the devs can answer? I don't see why the Devs are always trying to fix things that aren't broken. Npcs wasn't broken, they're a disaster now. Juggernaut wasn't broken, it's a disaster now. Factions weren't broken, it's a disaster now.

It seems to me that whenever the Devs get involved with anything, it gets worse for the players. What seems to be a major problem is that the Devs think that they know what the players want compared to what they actually want. The communication between the two parties are extremely mismatched. In order to solve a problem like this, the devs could allow the players to vote on a series of updates within the game. Using the forums to accurately gauge what the players want is flawed. How many people actually post here? There's like probably 20 individuals who come here and contribute information. You can't use the opinions of 20 individuals to satisfy the wants and needs of thousands. I seriously don't believe that the devs could be foolish enough to actually implement these updates. They're either trying to purposely sabotage this game or they're incompetent.
Post #: 19
7/21/2013 12:44:15   
Mother1

@ angel

And why hasn't many of these ideas that the players suggested never put into the game. Most suggestions are one of the following below.

quote:

How come some suggestions can't be implemented in to the game?

quote:

Quote: Charfade

Top reasons why suggestions dont get implemented in to the game
►The suggestion is game breaking, meaning it could open up the game to exploits, hacking and general cheating by other players.
►The suggestion is illegal for us to make.
►The suggestion can not be implemented due to a limitation of flash. Not the limitation or knowledge of the ED staff.
►The suggestion is bias, only favoring a particular group or just themselves. We have to consider the entire EpicDuel community when implementing new features.
►The suggestion would take more time to implement then that we have to create it. If we really like these suggestions we usually slowly develop them in the background and go un-announced until we are sure it can be implemented. Sometimes we spend time on a new feature and have to toss it out because of a limitation of flash or breaks the game in some way, etc. It slows down progress unfortunately.
►The suggestion isn't a priority. There are some suggestions we like, but others we like better. So the better ones get suggested and pushed up to the top while it could go months or even years for the lower priority ones to be implemented.

@ Oba

and why was so many of these things changed? Oh I don't know because the staff listened to the complaining players and boom things were changed. People complained about the game not being balanced and the staff listened to those players and changed the game up in hopes of creating balance. Just like in omega delta and every other phase. The staff use this place for feedback and any complaints about balance that were brought up the staff did their best to change things up.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 7/21/2013 12:46:58 >
Epic  Post #: 20
7/21/2013 13:24:52   
Oba

^ People complained about balance, yes. Though with more testers it could have been better dealt with, seeing the current state of the game (not to mention what it was during specific periods in Delta and early Omega - tho Omega was so game changing so I dont think we really can complain here). Some changes to the balance was so obvious even too me who never was ûber mega awesome active that with more testing, never would have happened e.g str/supp BH. With more testing we never would have got a OP promo such as Azraels Will.

BUT, however, did we ever ask for enhancements? Did we ever ask for focus? Or did we ever ask for agility? These are the top 3 failed attempts on making the game better but it failed so bigtime that it made numerous of players quit the game. Agility and enhancements are now gone, and thank god for that, but they took these restrictions away, way too late, and becuase of the thick layer of nerfs toward skills and stats which was necessery because of the restrictions, are messing it up now instead. I say it again, people complained about it from the start and it should have been dealt with by then. Not 2 years later.

quote:

The staff use this place for feedback and any complaints about balance that were brought up the staff did their best to change things up.

Well then I believe this is a lost cause.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/21/2013 13:33:07   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@oba We never asked for enhancements or agility. We asked for a way to improve weapons and for a nerf to high health stat abuse builds. We never specified on how we wanted those two items so the staff added enhancements and agility assuming that was what we wanted. If you say for example you want your couch moved from its current spot but don't specify where you want it moved, it's your fault if it gets moved somewhere you don't want it. The staff can't read minds. If you want something, be clear and specific.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/21/2013 18:59:46   
Lord Barrius

This is not constructive. At all. And you all know better.

So I will be issuing appropriate punishments to every rule violation in this thread.

Locked.
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> EpicDuel servers
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition