Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 17 of 22«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2014 22:24:53   
Megadragonknight

There will be a mana shield card that is meant for Neutral, if i am not wrong, it is a healing card where it convert damage taken to healing.
Post #: 401
1/28/2014 22:28:31   
Gorillo Titan

Do you have a quote of someone saying that?
Post #: 402
1/28/2014 22:29:40   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Mana Shield was a early version of iron hide not a healing card
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 403
1/28/2014 22:33:43   
Megadragonknight

This is Chao Cards. We can see it will deal and buff random damages. For the Mana Shield, thats really sad since i would really love to use it. :(
Post #: 404
1/28/2014 22:35:06   
Riniti

Do, of course, keep in mind that these are EARLY previews of what cards would be. There are obviously changes. For example, Poison has obviously been changed.
Post #: 405
1/28/2014 22:43:58   
Jmagician

@Riniti: Well the effects will still stay the same, more or less. It clearly changes based on the level of OPness/UPness.
AQW  Post #: 406
1/28/2014 22:44:53   
Gorillo Titan

Would chaos really be playable if all its cards did random stuff?
Post #: 407
1/28/2014 22:44:55   
Riniti

True, true. Just wanted to make the point we shouldn't really count on those for 100% truth.
Post #: 408
1/28/2014 22:53:10   
Megadragonknight

We can at least be certain it is 80% true for the Chaos Strike and Chaos Buff. I really want to play Chaos characters and cards asap once Battle Gem is release and Nulgath is ready to purely focus back on OS releases. I hope Nulgath will focus on Chaos characters and cards first before moving on to features. Of course, new characters will be added to keep us busy.
Post #: 409
1/29/2014 0:09:07   
The Jop

Here's the link to the image with mana shield.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 410
1/29/2014 1:11:40   
DidYouKnowThat

Know what'd be really fun. If that Mana shield, when it says ''absorbs damage,'' it meant turning it into Energy for the character to use.

So like, if it takes 7 hit point damage, it gains 7 energy, maximum 10. Oh man that would've been BEAUTIFUL. And it was only 1 turn. Haha.

ANYWAYS, you guys think cards like Death flow and Power flow should have 5-hit stun since legit 5-hits are so hard to accumulate? Retri no 'cause it can get past counters. . .
Post #: 411
1/29/2014 1:18:09   
The Jop

No way, it can be CC'd. You shouldn't be able to have a chance to stun that often in battle. 5 hits should be hard to get naturally since they get 500 bonus damage and a chance to stun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 412
1/29/2014 1:23:36   
DidYouKnowThat

I'm not talking about the extra 500 damage, just the stun. And it could be a lower chance. And not really since it takes bulk energy to use, not to mention I don't really think anyone would spam CC it. . Lololol
Post #: 413
1/29/2014 1:24:58   
The Jop

I don't see why, it doesn't need the boost.
Lel lololol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 414
1/29/2014 1:38:25   
DidYouKnowThat

Lel . I only thought that because really we almost never see that kind of stun happen in-game. . . you know? It's usually only the DoT. . .soo that's why. Lololollol
Post #: 415
1/29/2014 1:40:04   
The Jop

lel
Yeah, but for the cost it does enough, it doesn't really need a chance to stun.
lololol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 416
1/29/2014 1:52:05   
DidYouKnowThat

lel
ok
lolololoolololollol

So uh, apparently I saw somewhere, I don't know was it Gorillo, said something about a card or something how it's a life-saver unlike Tree of life or whatever,

BUT, ya'll think Tree of Life is good? I think it is. . . . . It's a real life-saver especially when deep into the battle, where you're charging at 5 already and since ToL is only 4 energy, not a big deal.
And if you're a good Earth character, you'll have lots o' defense.

So yeah, use Tree of Life, and immediately next turn strap on shields and it's deja vu, except you have the upper-hand.
lololololololol
Post #: 417
1/29/2014 5:35:10   
Megadragonknight

Nature Gift have pros and cons. It can heal 1K HP but after 4 turns, you will lose 1K HP even when you receive damage. This is the disadvantage. I prefer Tree of Life since it is really a life saver, of course there is a con since it will use entire shield to heal. Still with petrify, you can still use the shield and never receive damage.
Post #: 418
1/29/2014 6:00:37   
The Death Angel

Tree of Life isn't necessarily a life saver. Sometimes you might as well just stay with shields and hope the enemy doesn't have piercing damage.
Tree of Life won't save you if you're already losing to the enemy, but if it's on equal terms/upper hand it's good I guess. Shields are good in their own right, and you might as well discard Tree of life if you're against something that lacks piercing dmg.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 419
1/29/2014 6:58:37   
Megadragonknight

True, but overall it depend on how the players use the card at the right timing.
Post #: 420
1/29/2014 16:13:51   
DidYouKnowThat

I think Nature's gift is a card used to prolong battles when you're about to die at the end .. stall for 4 turns, then hope you maybe get another Gift before 4 turns. . if that's possible. . .

Or Tree of Life can be used as a bluff. Say, Ice Character, spamming 2k shields right? You get 2k Shields or something and hit Tree of Life, then the dude launches Ice Orb, sacrificing every shield. On next turn, KILL HIM.

That's how I lost once. . . . I got destroyed by CC Earth Fairy while using Non-CC'd Cosoma. I launched a 2k Ice Orb when she used Tree of Life as a bluff. . .killed me next turn . .no defense. .. so sad
Post #: 421
1/29/2014 16:18:46   
The Jop

What's the difference? You would have had to break through the defense anyway, doing the same amount of damage as the amount she added to her health. Ice orb would have been blocked by her shields so it would have had the same result, it's not unblockable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 422
1/29/2014 16:41:14   
The Death Angel

You should always use Ice Orb as a finisher anyways, so it wasn't the best of moves to destroy your 2k shield without actually killing your opponent, though it might've been very entising for you to use a 2k shiled for 2k dmg.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 423
1/29/2014 16:41:20   
Gorillo Titan

Nothings more fun then using freeze on someone who used natures gift and just end turn back to back for the win
Post #: 424
1/29/2014 16:41:40   
DidYouKnowThat

.-.

Nooo. She wanted me to waste my shields, which I fell for by using Ice Orb. AND Ice Orb costs 10 energy, which drained me. So I had to charge. And I was only gaining 4 energy per turn lololol.

If I didn't use Ice Orb, I think I could've prolonged it and MAYBE won.

@Gorillo: Same thing with Freeze used against Iron Hide. Except you can use it on the 2nd turn to give you a clear shot.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/29/2014 16:42:43 >
Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 17 of 22«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition