Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 20 of 22«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/3/2014 23:58:07   
DeathGuard

@TFP: How it was nerfed? I didn't saw a change on its deck tbh

To be honest, I had rather had the Snow Orb already in the deck and add the Ice Wall as CC since for farming lvls against AI, you wouldn't need a 3rd Ice Wall IMO.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 476
11/4/2014 0:00:48   
The Finnish Phoenix

http://oversoulgame.wikidot.com/xmas-elf

Pre-nerf Xmas Elf had 2 Shatters and 2 Healing Springs, the nerf replaced these with 2 Frost Bites and 2 Refreshes, respectively.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 477
11/4/2014 0:04:02   
Gorillo Titan

Energy and water would be a good idea but it would have to run super charge instead of arc IMO since arc takes to long and water Heal isn't the fastest.
Post #: 478
11/4/2014 0:05:39   
DeathGuard

@TFP: That's a horrible nerf right there. I absolutely hate Frost bites and even Refreshes, a waste of space card in the deck, dead weight exaggerately, ugh :(
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 479
11/4/2014 0:07:49   
Gorillo Titan

Well we know the two reasons why it was nerfed >.> Dylligraphy how about King vs Queen whose the true ruler of OS. -_- lol Triadan is the ice master now?
Post #: 480
11/4/2014 1:44:08   
megakyle777

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of Ice Master, would not that title go to whomever won the forum Ice Tournament? On matters of official record at least.

And personally, I don't really see too much issues with all the card as they are right now, but then I don't really play competitively.
DF  Post #: 481
11/4/2014 2:00:03   
DeathGuard

No tourney has been set yet after Beck won against me. To be honest, since the last time I actually fought all against him and the time when we had personal conflicts between each of us, I couldn't even consider Beck a rival anymore, not in terms of power, but in attitude.

Regardless, Beck is still the Ice Master. I can't just take off that title neither other player does. If somebody wants to claim such title or claim for someone else, a tourney must be done. Self claiming isn't even worth.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 11/4/2014 2:07:15 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 482
11/4/2014 8:47:55   
The Jop

Yeah, Triadan, you can't just claim yourself a master of any element, especially when you're not very good. You also said I earned the chance to fight "the true grand champion" after I beat clinton in the energy tournament. I thought you were joking at the time, but you seem to actually have some huge ego that doesn't have much support. How good you are with an element is not really relevant to balance anyway.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 483
11/4/2014 8:55:29   
Gorillo Titan

By that logic I would be the champion cause I've beat the winner of tournaments after the fact several times. To be the true master you need to be well rounded able to win with the best and worse of that element.

@everyone since I was the first to get level 20 King where can I post to get to that one list of people who get level 20 first?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/4/2014 8:56:33 >
Post #: 484
11/4/2014 9:13:45   
The Jop

How about no one claims they're the champion of elements?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 485
11/4/2014 9:18:07   
Gorillo Titan

OS just needs to be updated and we need to do tournaments more three month breaks take to long and im sure it was said we would start the new one this month gonna go ask mrthria.

Actually when it comes to ice characters changing one cards can make a big difference think about Frost Dragon its pretty mediocre but if it had a freeze card it easily would be the best ice character in game.

Also whats the deal with you NPC was it your birthday or something or can we expect something worth while from it?

Also can you talk to nulgath about another character suggestion contest we should of had one by now?

Post combine due to staff edit creating a double post. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 11/4/2014 22:39:29 >
Post #: 486
11/4/2014 13:02:03   
The Finnish Phoenix

Ice Walls + Healing Springs would still be quite the defence even without Freeze, but as is Xmas Elf is still not that bad if you just CC in the cards it lost.

quote:

Well we know the two reasons why it was nerfed >.> Dylligraphy how about King vs Queen whose the true ruler of OS. -_-

Great Pumpking is a good deal better than Queen Aegea, but then again I never really considered Queen Aegea the ruler because of how good Neutral and Energy characters are. She does relatively well against Neutrals because she has the defence to play around Iron Hide, but it generally can't get going against characters like Volt Engineer and as far as I remember Neutrals still have an advantage against her because they can use more Corruptions and Corruption is awfully good, especially in numbers against non-Neutral opponents.

It's pretty clear from our duels yesterday that Great Pumpking also comes out quite a bit on top against Omni Knight (thanks for the tests btw, there was really just nothing I could do whatsoever and I tried a few builds, early discarding, super early discarding, just straight up charging, and still with the same result of getting murdered each time), though I feel as though this is more to the point of Omni Knight handling stuns badly and being countered in that sense as its energy gets overloaded than Omni Knight being ineffective in general. It's also becoming an increasingly apparent possibility that I was wrong to hype Omni Knight as much as I have and it's more or less another Cyber Void but I suppose time will tell, it has the benefit of being able to adapt on multiple levels if new Light/Water/Energy/Neutral cards come out later on and is just a very unique character in general so it shouldn't be counted out just yet.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/4/2014 13:12:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 487
11/4/2014 13:20:05   
Gorillo Titan

OS needs some new cards exclusive by character race such as archfiends.
Post #: 488
11/4/2014 13:32:38   
The Finnish Phoenix

Cool, like Bash and Thrash right I could get behind that. Would be a neat way to introduce spells used by characters of different elements.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 489
11/4/2014 13:40:07   
Gorillo Titan

A card called Soul steal made only for the high ranking soul stealers like Nulgath take so much health and give it straight to you as health.
Post #: 490
11/4/2014 14:04:15   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Sounds like a super version of life drain.

I already made a similar card to that, except it's titled "Soul Devour" and what it does is convert all remaining DoT damage into one single attack. (2 turns of Poison left, it does 600 damage)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 491
11/4/2014 14:06:24   
The Finnish Phoenix

^Cool, how much energy would it cost and would it be for multiple DoTs or just one?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 492
11/4/2014 14:09:34   
Gorillo Titan

That is broken spam 3 poisons then use that to do 2700 in one turn plus the 900 from the previous turn for 3600 damage.
Post #: 493
11/4/2014 14:15:52   
The Finnish Phoenix

Possibly depending on how much it costs though, if it were 20 energy then it'd be totally not a problem for opponents.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 494
11/4/2014 14:19:24   
Gorillo Titan

It would be useless then. The shadow version of Ice orb lol
Post #: 495
11/4/2014 14:22:51   
The Finnish Phoenix

Then we'd better give it a stun too.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 496
11/4/2014 14:28:39   
Gorillo Titan

Yeah im down for that earth needs a card called R9 that does 2000 damage and goes through shields for 12 energy.
Post #: 497
11/4/2014 14:32:01   
The Finnish Phoenix

Right and they should temporarily release characters with 1-shots to draw players in and then nerf them once the smoke clears.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 498
11/4/2014 14:36:44   
Gorillo Titan

Its actually not a really broke card give it a 10% chance of going through shields.
Post #: 499
11/4/2014 14:46:30   
The Finnish Phoenix

Maybe but currently 12 energy is currently only used for Meteorite and Retribution which do significantly less.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 20 of 22«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition