Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2vs2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2vs2
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/29/2013 18:17:05   
lionblades

Make people with fully upgraded weapons to play 2vs2
Don't let the people with NO GEAR play until they have at least upgraded gear; it a sure loss for the team

With omega player with no gear can just farm NPC and take missions for credits its not hard

EDIT: Also, mainly for higher levels; in low levels gear hardly matters in 2vs2 and you just need good build
Besides, from personal experience in Omega I earned 100k from lv1-25 without playing only on power hours; played just for fun. Cost is hardly a limiting problem

< Message edited by lionblades -- 8/2/2013 12:08:19 >
AQW  Post #: 1
7/29/2013 18:22:44   
Ranloth
Banned

No thanks. What if I have different priorities? What if I bought a core because it may be better? What if I simply cannot afford it because I've bought a different item? This is restricting players rather than making it better. Lack of weapons or max upgrade isn't always a guaranteed loss - it's called luck and strategy. Your chance is lower, yes, but not 0%.

< Message edited by Trans -- 7/29/2013 18:23:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
7/29/2013 18:33:46   
Mother1

Not supported

What about low levels who 2 vs 2 but don't have the credits for gear? Not everyone is varium and can get a promo for full gear at level 1. This would be limiting players options as well as lowering the player pool of an already small community.
Epic  Post #: 3
7/29/2013 18:34:47   
lionblades

a team with a person with no upgraded gear is the same thing as no gear it is a sure loss.
2vs1 at lv35 is not strategy
upgraded weapons are always better than a core
AQW  Post #: 4
7/29/2013 18:37:41   
Dual Thrusters

Nope

Some cannot afford weapons. And remember, NPCs can only be fought 100 times. And those noobs have a higher chance of winning 2v2s than 1v1s
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/29/2013 18:42:17   
Mother1

Lionblades

Not true in the least. I had partners missing a piece of gear but at the same time we worked together well and still won. This can happen if you are paired with a partner that works with you and your build.

Plus you never know what will happen in the battle that can turn the tide for you. Let's not cramp up 2 vs 2 which is suppose to take the most brain power then the others.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/29/2013 19:27:38   
lionblades

the only time you can win in 2vs2 with a noob gear partner is when the other team has a noob geared player as well. This is mainly for lv30 up where upgraded gear is very important
Most likely:
Good player+Good player vs Noob gear+Pro = loss

Pro+Pro vs Noob gear+Good Player =loss

Pro+Good player vs noob+Good Player= loss

Pro+noob vs Pro+noob = depends

Pro+Pro vs Noob+Noob = no chance

Unless you get super lucky it always ends with a loss on your side
AQW  Post #: 7
7/29/2013 20:12:13   
SKRALL213

Not supported for the same reason Mother1 and Duel Thrusters said.

Some players cant buy the gear they want or they simply need something else so they sell one of their gear. Plus 7 times out of 10 I get a partner with no gear and hes a noob but I always end up pulling out a win even though im facing two pros. It all depends if YOU can support yourself and partner if needed too. It all depends on out come. Even if your forced to heal and your turn is last and your targeted, there is always a chance you can come back and pull out a win.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/29/2013 21:28:30   
lionblades

^of course there is always a "chance" and theres luck but obviously not a good one
besides 7 out of ten is very exaggerated unless it is at lower levels: I fight no gear people maybe 1 out of 15 times
AQW  Post #: 9
7/29/2013 21:51:33   
Ranloth
Banned

And how will restricting players and lowering the player poll help in any way? Did you even think about this? Even more so once Legion vs. Exile system is put back on Friday.

If you don't like underequipped partners, switch to 1v1 where it's you and your opponent. In 2v2, you will have to put up with that due to players having different priorities unlike you.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
7/29/2013 21:56:29   
My Name is Jake
Banned

quote:

Nope

Some cannot afford weapons. And remember, NPCs can only be fought 100 times. And those noobs have a higher chance of winning 2v2s than 1v1s

They should be able to afford it
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/29/2013 23:02:37   
Dual Thrusters

At level 35, a basic weapon would cost 11k credits to train. Much less, an aux and a gun.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/30/2013 6:05:21   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Not supported. I've won alot of 2v2s with people without equipment. You can't force them to stop playing
Epic  Post #: 13
7/30/2013 9:19:33   
lionblades

at lv35 a basic weapon cost 11k right?
leveling from 1-25 gives you 100k credits
more than enough to afford gear

Also, NPC for a week even with the 100 limit will give you the gear you need easily
restricting players at higher levels isn't as bad at all its not like your taking out 1/2 of the population
1/15 would be gone and even so they could NPC and win back all the credits to play again
AQW  Post #: 14
7/30/2013 9:37:36   
Mother1

@ lionblades

and even if that is accurate that mean we are looking that much longer because those people are grinding for gear through NPC because of this forced restriction instead of being in two vs two fighting people for it.

plus they will get less credits since every npc fight is worth 1 vs 1 credits. I can never support something that forces someone to play something they don't want as well as cut our already small player pool smaller just because you don't want to deal with it. We all get this happening to us one time or another. Either deal with it or play 1 vs 1 or Juggernaut.
Epic  Post #: 15
7/30/2013 9:40:33   
lionblades

it wont restrict finding players time-wise
Play 2vs2 at lv35 and see how many people have no gear I found it to be maybe 1 or 2 out of 30 battles
Now find a 2vs2 with partial gear 1/15
thats hardly restricting player base
AQW  Post #: 16
7/30/2013 9:51:17   
SKRALL213

To also add. Not every player likes 1v1 so if they cant play 2v2 then most likely get bored of the same match since there is always a chance to battle the same player in a row. And if their level 26 or higher then they deal with Blood Mage's and if they don't got the right build they lose. Even if they face a Varium player and they got all this and even a good build like Bunker or a Glass cannon (Or what ever its called with Malfuncation and high health) Builds. 2v2 is my favorite battle mode and I play 2v2 with alts. If this happens then all the low leveled players with all gear will have the same players to battle or no battles at all since the players with no gear are forced to 1v1. Might as well not allow them to battle other players at all since once you hit a certain level that 1v1 winning goes out the window if their build isn't right or their not good with 1v1. Or if there not good at 1v1 at all and end up with a big loss record. And a 1v1 loss only rewards 20 or lower credits. A 2v2 win rewards 34 or more credits. A 2v2 loss rewards (To me I get the same amount every time I lose) is 34 or 64 credits. Enough to save up. 1v1 will take way to long unless you get a good winning build or all you face is noobs. Either way 2v2 will be dead since all players from 1 to 10, heck even higher in level since they wont have gear.

It wont allow new players a chance to play 2v2 if they don't start out right. If anything they would be too focus with a 1v1 build and try their best at 1v1 and once they try 2v2 they wont have a game plan. I know luck is a big factor but skill still counts here and there.

Also anyone can feel free to correct me on some of this stuff.

< Message edited by SKRALL213 -- 7/30/2013 10:02:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/30/2013 10:01:15   
Mother1

@ Lionblades

Anything that prevents people from playing a battle mode means that there will be less players in the player pool to fight against. 1/15 of a population still accounts some of the player population. We don't have a big player base at all the levels either. If we did then you would be correct as it wouldn't be noticed, but with our small player base it will be felt.

Besides the whole point of this is you are forcing people to play other battle modes they may not want to play because of their gear situation.

Personally If they had something like this from the start I would have been stuck fighting 1 vs 1 battles until level 28 since that was when I finally got a full set of gear. That is another reason I don't support this idea.
Epic  Post #: 18
7/30/2013 11:07:19   
Harvester Of Souls

@Mother1, if they can't afford to buy varium, why should we even have them on the game? If they're a pain to everyone fighting with them, resulting in other players lowering their KD and losing countless times.

This is also a great reason for people to buy varium, if you're not buying varium, and are a bad player in general. You're not supporting either the devs or players in the game.

I'd rather wait a bit longer for a proper and fair fight, instead of a boring one when either my opponents are underequiped, or my own team.
You are unable to play 2vs2 or 1vs1 without a primary weapon, why is that? Sure getting one is free, but it might be more usefull getting a free basic gun and aux instead of a primary weapon.

Wouldn't that be an option, giving new players a free set of basic weapons? To upgrade as they level up.
Post #: 19
7/30/2013 11:21:44   
SKRALL213

@Harvester of Souls
So just give them free items? I rather have my skills tested then having a "Fair" or "Easy" fight. Which is why I miss fighting juggernaut and thinking of being one. To me its funner to work for your stuff and get it. If you don't get a good partner then you try your best to win and that is why its good having to face two players alone in battle. Which is juggernaut is loved by allot. If its not because of that its because its fun and challenging. What's the point in farming if everything is handed down? I can see if we couldn't upgrade items like in Alpha to Gamma I could support that but this is Omega where everything is Equal.

Plus you NEED a primary to battle.

< Message edited by SKRALL213 -- 7/30/2013 11:22:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/30/2013 11:22:09   
Mother1

@ Harvester of souls

Then answer me this? Why did the staff take away our enhancements, as well as nerf varium? So free to play can stand a chance and battle on equal ground. The staff wanted the game to be fun for all not just varium players. Besides non variums support the game as well by playing the game, and helping give feedback to the staff which is important. you can support the game without paying a cent to it.

Also you =/= entire epic duel community. If you read the entire thread the majority of people are against this because it will either

a) restrict players because they don't have full gear
b) cut into our already small player pool.

You many rather wait but others don't like waits. If that was the cause they they would have never reversed the legion vs exile feature they put in one week before the war. I for one play 2 vs 2 a lot more then one vs one (since one vs one is full of quick kills builds or tanks) and forcing other people to do that mode isn't fair to them in the least.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 7/30/2013 11:25:24 >
Epic  Post #: 21
7/30/2013 11:38:54   
lionblades

@Skrall213 I understand you like to play 2vs2 alot on your alts; however, what you just listed is mainly talking about low leveled players. That is not what I am talking about
Sure, 2vs2 at lower levels is hard to find a non varium player with fully decked gear. Heck, even my lv15 alt didn't have all the gear needed. But like my previous posts stated, this is mainly for higher levels where you already have the credits you need.
Also, you NEED a primary right-people just abuse this by buying lv1 gear and ruining other players battles.

AND, you could easily pwn lower levels in 2vs2 using just a dex abuse TM, dex abuse BH, Supp abuse Merc etc. not much skill is needed

@Mother1
the majority of the people on the forums =/= the majority of the players in game
the most active posters in this forum only add up to about 15-20, and there are about 900-1000 people in game even in Omega when I log in
I am pretty sure if Rabblefroth puts a poll in game regarding this issue, most people will side with having geared 2vs2 games
I would rather have a proper fight than a biased one sided fight

EDIT: this is similar to enhancements in game since it a 10 lvl boost or slightly more
people with no gear gives the opponents a big boost as well
its like fighting lv35 and lv35 vs lv35 and lv20

< Message edited by lionblades -- 7/30/2013 11:45:16 >
AQW  Post #: 22
7/30/2013 11:50:58   
SKRALL213

@Lionblades
I understand what you mean but if high level players are restricted from 2v2 with no gear then lower level's will be restricted unless they make it where it only happens at a certain level.
Support Mercs are easy to beat if you go all out on them. Dex Abuse TM's can be countered with a Energy type weapon or skills. Once their energy is gone their builds are useless. And I rarely see BH's abusing Dex.
I agree that just using the starter weapons for everything is a bit well... Cant think of a word for it. But I rarely see players using the basic weapon anyway. I get what you mean I am saying that me and allot of others wouldn't want a easy or fair battle. I would like a Equal one yet challenging as well. I also play 2v2 with my main which is Level31. In a better term of saying. I agree with you that its unfair and costs you a battle if your partner doesn't have gear. But it all really matters if they know how to play (IMO).

Edit: The reason why some low leveled players face these high leveled pro players is because of the matching pool which as bean said before. There are allot more lower leveled players then high leveled players.

< Message edited by SKRALL213 -- 7/30/2013 11:52:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/30/2013 12:06:40   
lionblades

^ from personal experience at lower levels dex abuse TM and all the other abusers without maxed gear can easily get 95% ratios at 2vs2
sure a EMP can make them useless and thats why there are hardly any dex abuse TM or BH at lv33-35.
However, most lower level players do not understand this as they are still learning.
Also, I have seen very good players with fully upgraded weapons
That is why my posts say this is for higher levels only
AQW  Post #: 24
7/30/2013 12:09:19   
SKRALL213

^
And as I said if they do that to high levels then they well have to do that to low levels since I don't think the devs can make it where only high levels must have full gear unless they make a certain point at the level cap where say once you hit level25 or 30 you must have gear but then again their are those who cant get gear and can only win in 2v2.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2vs2
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition