Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 129 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 129 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2013 9:17:40   
necro rouge

How about a compromise? I can not think of anything more horrific than a smiling old gentleman who looks nice. The catch is that all of his animations would be various torture devices.
AQW  Post #: 101
8/1/2013 9:22:01   
Lemonus

We already have a large rat and an even larger rat, Shadows too. Maybe SMUDR(Super Mega Ultimate Darkness Rat) :P

Or maybe just a hobo character that sends out rats as a 3 or 5 hit.
DF AQW  Post #: 102
8/1/2013 9:33:49   
Mondez

On terms OS is 13+ for a much mature audience and with that saying, Megakyle, not of the majority of the playerbase I know aren't all into the dark and immensely evil. Overall my advice to you on your next suggestion for the contest: Make a short story not just a character as a whole because outlining major events dealing with the character, give your character a meaning or objective in his life like how Necrosis was willing to become the one enemy for a unified kingdom, and finally incorporating a narrative from another's point of view or your character's can bring a good story element in capturing the readers.

Besides there are good characters in the game that will be released that I know everyone is waiting for such as the Phoenix Keepers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
8/1/2013 9:40:38   
Char

@Lemonus: I know, those things give me the creeps. I mainly try to ingnore them when I see one

@Modez: You're right. Most people Here on the forums and in-game that I know are not into dark shadowy stuff.

Ex: Lep- Cats
Vagaran- Orcs
Rin- Eggs
Me- Characters that look cute and fluffy.
Post #: 104
8/1/2013 10:03:00   
Lemonus

I'm not into that darkness stuff too much either :P Plus, darkness is so overrated.
DF AQW  Post #: 105
8/1/2013 10:06:34   
necro rouge

I am usually a huge fan of darkness element overall, but the fact that we have so insanely many right now compared to everything else, i really don't want more. Also, for this game only, i am really not a darkness fan as i absolutely hate the fact that darkness (and ice)'s strongest strategies are to spam two types of cards with no counter play and no alternative strategies that are even comparable.

And I'd rather have more variations of quaztk than anything else.

< Message edited by necro rouge -- 8/1/2013 10:07:12 >
AQW  Post #: 106
8/1/2013 10:14:54   
Blackshock

You know what I think OS could use some more of? Steampunk.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 107
8/1/2013 10:19:04   
Char

@Blackshock: Agreed! More mechanical fists would be great.

@Lemonus: Shadow is overrated whereas Earth is currently underrated.
Post #: 108
8/1/2013 10:32:47   
Mondez

We need more love to Earth, Energy, and Water, but mostly Water since it's still is a bit underrated because you can't spam enough Renews and Healing Springs to last the match. I hope Chaos will come soon because overall it needs the most love since there is no Chaos.

Since OS takes place in a different world of AQ I guess will be seeing those Drakel and technically they can be part of the Steampunk world along with the gnomes. I expect will be seeing a variety of creatures from the whole expanse of the AE world except MQ probably, but only one can dream to possess a full mech in OS though I think he/she would just stomp every creature in Lore.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 8/1/2013 10:35:23 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
8/1/2013 10:33:57   
Lemonus

At least we have a steampunky gentleboy confirmed for next year :P

DF AQW  Post #: 110
8/1/2013 10:46:49   
necro rouge

i'm not a darkness fan, but i still really want this

I am currently looking through revs media gallery, and some of the stuff he has made looks so incredible.
AQW  Post #: 111
8/1/2013 10:47:10   
megakyle777

quote:

On terms OS is 13+ for a much mature audience and with that saying, Megakyle, not of the majority of the playerbase I know aren't all into the dark and immensely evil. Overall my advice to you on your next suggestion for the contest: Make a short story not just a character as a whole because outlining major events dealing with the character, give your character a meaning or objective in his life like how Necrosis was willing to become the one enemy for a unified kingdom, and finally incorporating a narrative from another's point of view or your character's can bring a good story element in capturing the readers.

Thanks for the advice man. Personaly, I was planning to go for some kind of Journal Entry thing like what I did with my Dracopyre Suggestion, but these points are good things to keep in mind.

Although, I feel it important to point out I was basing my opinion on most people liking Darkness and evil on the fact that the top two winning entries on both contests were also the most evil in looks and story, and won by a VAST majority.

Edit: Also, OMG LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN REV'S TWITPIC FROM A WHILE AGO.

http://twitpic.com/ctouhx

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 8/1/2013 10:50:10 >
DF  Post #: 112
8/1/2013 10:54:05   
necro rouge

@mega
Also, there's THIS for all your gentleman needs. 2013 new years character incoming.
AQW  Post #: 113
8/1/2013 11:42:39   
The Stranger

Well Hello mates , can you tell me what's new and what should i go hunting? I've been offline from the beggining of the summer ,so i've got some catching up to do ..
Post #: 114
8/1/2013 11:56:51   
Char

Hey Stranger! It's me Little Rascal. :)

If you want to know exactly what happened you can look at the Chronicle of Releases

As for recommendations, I would say you go after Engineer, and Necrosis. Those I think are the two most outstanding characters since you've been gone.
Post #: 115
8/1/2013 11:58:34   
The Stranger

Thanks Rascal : D
Post #: 116
8/1/2013 12:02:40   
Vagaran

Hey Stranger haven't seen you for months now I think xd.

Oh and Evil Jim (legendary fire cost SG) is also worth getting if you got the SG's.

AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 117
8/1/2013 12:09:39   
The Stranger

Hello Vagaran and thanks ;)
Post #: 118
8/1/2013 14:08:28   
kise2

Hey Stranger welcome back . Don't forget Archpriest Of Ver, Monk, Arcane Ranger, Aegea, Quaztk Lord.

@Below

Same here with my Evil Jim

< Message edited by kise2 -- 8/1/2013 15:05:22 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 119
8/1/2013 14:37:50   
Hakunin

lvl 18 today, lvl 20 tomorro!
AQ  Post #: 120
8/1/2013 16:32:17   
Axel459
The Void Calls

quote:

Lemonus:
@Axel How long's it been since Jono and Todd were revealed to us? I kinda expected it to be released soon when Rev showed it off but then as time passed I forgot about it :{

quote:

99th Dracopyre:
Jono and Todd are for an "Asylum".
I'm guessing it's another dungeon, a scary dungeon. But with the staff pressed on other things, I don't think they've had the time to finish it.
That's just my guess.

Brutus, Jono, and the other Asylum characters were all planned to be released with the Grand Quest along with The Vinecreeper Soilder, Phoenix Keeper Sin, Icyenna The Phoenix Keeper, Ven the Phoenix Keeper, The Will & Spirit of SUSANOO, and the Mushrooms.

"Its a BIG BIG BIG Quest full of new characters, stories and what not"

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 121
8/1/2013 18:09:02   
DarkLore

quote:

Speaking of Rev, shouldn't he have bought a new computer with his prize money from that contest we got rainbowtheus from?

Just to quote myself from the last page since no one noticed it. Its a very valid point. He even said he was going to buy a new one. What happened?
And welcome back Stranger!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
8/1/2013 18:22:28   
Axel459
The Void Calls

@Darklore Even if he did he would still need money for Flash CS.6 which is like $500-600
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 123
8/1/2013 20:23:32   
DarkLore

GUYS! I figured out the runes thing! gray is for neutral characters and yellow is for energy. Well sometimes anyway. Just look at how many neutral characters have gray runes. And how many energy characters have yellow. Same holds true for the other elements! Think about it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
8/1/2013 20:27:48   
The Jop

Nulgath himself said that it's random, like how he made Augustiner's rune yellow because it's the color of ale.

quote:

Augustiner is yellow for ale... in true fashion of the game-play, sometimes things are just random!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 129 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition