Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Necessary Nerfing: Static Smash

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Necessary Nerfing: Static Smash
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2013 10:17:42   
Predator9657

quote:

That is a weak excuse for trying to keep something overpowered. How about we balance the classes out instead of giving them overpowered moves?

Well said.
I support this idea, ss is slightly OP.
Epic  Post #: 26
8/3/2013 13:37:41   
ED Divine Darkness

but merc is very UP without SS. SS balances it out. if SS was on another class, then it would be op.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/3/2013 13:46:21   
Segawoman

quote:

if SS was on another class, then it would be op.

SS is club-only and TLM already has Reroute, and the other classes wouldn't be valid to use it.

What?
Epic  Post #: 28
8/3/2013 13:47:42   
ED Divine Darkness

trust me, it would be OP on tlm. and i mean if it wasnt club specific obv...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/3/2013 13:50:16   
Segawoman

Eh, I don't think they'll replace Atom Smash for Static Smash in TLM when they have Reroute.

quote:

trust me, it would be OP on tlm

Never said it wouldn't be.
Epic  Post #: 30
8/3/2013 13:51:12   
ED Divine Darkness

i didnt say they would replace atom with static.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/3/2013 13:51:45   
Dual Thrusters

TLM would turn into a super class if it had SS

People were complaining about Tech Mage's assimilation buff. Because if you drained their energy, they would just assimilate+tank reroute and then get an insta-bolt.

Now with TLMs having a stronger version of assimilate+extreme defenses+surgical strike.......time to switch classes
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/3/2013 13:54:52   
Segawoman

quote:

i didnt say they would replace atom with static

Then why did you say -

quote:

trust me, it would be OP on tlm.

Epic  Post #: 33
8/3/2013 13:55:08   
ED Divine Darkness

precisely my thoughts dual

and yeah, if i say it would be op on a class, that doesnt mean they would put it on that class. lol.

quote:

SS is club-only and TLM already has Reroute, and the other classes wouldn't be valid to use it.

What?

i said it would be op on tlm cos of that.

u pretty much said it wouldnt be op.

again, lol.

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 8/3/2013 13:57:48 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/3/2013 14:01:36   
Segawoman

quote:

i said it would be op on tlm cos of that.

upretty much said it wouldnt be op.

again, lol.

When I said -

quote:

Never said it wouldn't be.

What? I just said that they wouldn't in their right minds replace AS from TLM when they have Reroute.

Huh? Don't lol me.
Epic  Post #: 35
8/3/2013 14:03:26   
ED Divine Darkness

lol. i was relying to the comment before u said ' i never said it wouldnt be'

lol. cos u emplied it wouldnt be be4 u said 'i never said it wouldnt be'
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/3/2013 14:04:59   
Segawoman

That's common.

DUN LOL ME LVL 33!!!!!

< Message edited by Segawoman -- 8/3/2013 14:11:56 >
Epic  Post #: 37
8/3/2013 14:05:56   
ED Divine Darkness

yup
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/3/2013 17:36:26   
lionblades

I support slightly lowering the energy percentage gain in Merc.

Right now Mercs just get too much energy AND drain to much energy as well.
It's even better than an EMP since BH don't get any energy off it.
AQW  Post #: 39
8/3/2013 18:13:06   
Mother1

@ Lion blades

Static smash can be blocked where as emp cannot be blocked. So if you are looking for the granteed energy drain EMP is the way to go.
Epic  Post #: 40
8/3/2013 18:27:52   
lionblades

^The thing is that most Mercs that have high SS are tanks and very rarely get blocked since the have high dex.

There should be a slight lowering percentage all around (4-7%) since they can take around 30-40 energy and gain similar amounts lost.

Yes, EMP is still the best in terms of a certain energy drain, but its not worth it to invest at 7-Max levels while SS is a no-energy cost req. skill.

But the thing is if SS get blocked I usually win vs the merc tanks, but if SS successfully hits it is way to much.
AQW  Post #: 41
8/3/2013 19:04:24   
ED Divine Darkness

right now, they are too reliant on SS. take it away or nerf it, they will be UP. right now they are perfenctly balanced. a strategy vs them as BH is that i normally use a high lvl matrix to increase chance for me to block and reduce bunker damage. then i put smoke on them, use stun grenade(lvl 1). try bunring ur energy quick so that they cant take it.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
8/3/2013 19:25:45   
lionblades

In truth (imo) most of there skills are too energy reliant (a good EMP used to kill Merc builds) so without energy they are UP which is why they have static charge.

However, it wouldn't make Mercs suddenly UP if Static Charge is slightly nerfed by 4-7% all around

AQW  Post #: 43
8/3/2013 19:39:30   
ED Divine Darkness

they are perfectly balanced right now. they arent op, so they dont need a nerf...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/3/2013 19:40:12   
Dual Thrusters

I really don't see a problem with Static Smash on merc. If you blow out your energy, then they won't be able to Static Smash. Then you could finish them with cores. You can also use generator to gain your energy back if they do Static Smash. Since it is a skill they actually invest in, you could probably lock it with Concussive Shot.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
8/3/2013 19:41:36   
ED Divine Darkness

Precisely dual! ur smart
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
8/3/2013 20:31:58   
lionblades

Static smash takes way too much energy with way to much energy regain if not blocked (which is unlikely)

Also, most merc's know when to drain your energy which is usually when you are at 1/2
Lowering static smash % by a little won't make it UP it will make the skill balanced compared to other energy draining skills
AQW  Post #: 47
8/3/2013 20:59:22   
Dual Thrusters

Sure, lowering it by about 4 points will make a huge difference -.-
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/4/2013 11:54:43   
ED Divine Darkness

if u make ss balanced merc will be unbalanced(UP). right now when static charge is stronger it makes mercs balanced. stops them being UP. if you nerf SS you would have to change hybrid requirement and buff it up 1 resistance point.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
8/4/2013 12:54:31   
Mother1

@ ED divine darkness

As I said before that is a weak excise for keeping a move overpowered. How about balancing out the class instead of leaving a move overpowered? If a move must be overpowered for it to help a class then the move is broken.
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Necessary Nerfing: Static Smash
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition