Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 22«<1819202122
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/30/2014 14:53:47   
JRVthatsME

Love the Deathknight revamp thus far. And the new items are great. I and probably countless others had posted ideas for upgradable Deathknight items over the years and I think it's safe to say every fan of the class loves what has been done with these items. Is there any chance there might be some new skill animations on the way for the class as some of the powers of the class are just begging for awesome dark animations when the Deathknight reaches forth with his hand.

Ariath Shadowborn http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=30661124
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Ariath%20Shadowborn
Post #: 526
11/1/2014 3:51:46   
NagisaXIkari

By my black hand, the dead shall rise.

Lady Celestia.

RISE.

I'll take the world on my own terms. I want disease but not the germs.
I want the moon to cling to me. So let your silence sing to me.
An endless endless symphony. Till all I lost instinctively returns.
DF  Post #: 527
11/1/2014 4:35:55   
Dracojan

By my black hand, the living shall die.

Lady Celestia.

DIE.
DF  Post #: 528
11/1/2014 5:22:58   
Womba

HAIL SITHIS!

It's an okay revamp I guess... I actually preferred older Death Knight since the skills seemed a bit more.... informative on it. Haven't used it enough yet to determine my over-all thoughts on it, but it's great to see classes being brought up to todays standards.

< Message edited by Womba -- 11/1/2014 5:23:35 >
DF AQW  Post #: 529
11/1/2014 5:37:30   
shadow dragon666

Womba you can beat extreme mumdragon with 2 guests on your own with the new DK. It's pretty dang powerful.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 530
11/1/2014 5:56:13   
Womba

Yeah but you can beat it with other classes that were less powerful than pre-revamped Death Knight to. The Mumdragon isn't much of a super boss any more.
DF AQW  Post #: 531
11/5/2014 4:18:32   
shadow dragon666

It actually still sorta is, the fact you can't touch it on average still holds true to the nature of it being a pain in the butt. Plus DK takes it with nothing but a shrug.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 532
6/8/2015 8:08:07   
Shadows Morgenstern

This is kind of creepy and funny at the same time but it seems when you have this hairstyle on with DK and IBR and the camera zooms somewhat close to you during a cutscene... this happens. The closer the zoom, the more scalp shows.
DF  Post #: 533
6/8/2015 17:20:01   
Starstruck91

Why does the female DK wear lipstick? it looks ridicilous, especially with the surprise/shock faces. xD

EDIT @Womba A fair enough point, but for the small caveat that Pally, MSW and the Atelean classes have the same art style but they don't have the red smudge on their lips. :P

< Message edited by Starstruck91 -- 6/8/2015 17:49:39 >
DF  Post #: 534
6/8/2015 17:35:29   
Womba

@Starstruck Same reason we actually have... eyes now. And not sliced black olives on tiny eggs. On our face.

It's easy to understand why it's uncomfortable to see the Hero with something on our face.
DF AQW  Post #: 535
7/6/2015 18:07:52   
PusatShrade

One of my favourite classes ever since it was released. Has very good defensive and offensive capabilities. Althought it has similarities with Icebound revenant, During long battles, DeathKnight over Icebound revenant any day of the week.
DF AQW  Post #: 536
7/8/2015 2:47:42   
Dark Lord Urmi

in my opinion the only thing this class need is the malefact animations like the dragging of his sword
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 537
7/8/2015 8:17:21   
crabpeople

I don't know about you but I really like equipping DK with these 2 items: Earthly helm and Entropic caape.
You look like an evil kitty. Meow! (^ ◕ᴥ◕ ^).

You should try the offensive tank builds for DK. If your mana pool can afford it, it does wonders (same for Pally).

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 7/8/2015 8:20:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 538
7/18/2015 22:56:39   
Siedgrief

I think that if DeathKnight gets the fighting Stance and basic attack of Vampire Warrior it will make it more amazing art wise, and since the animations are already there it won't be much work for ash to add it(?).
What you guys think?
(If ash as the time of course)

Link for the vampire warrior \/

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21917261
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 539
7/18/2015 23:14:26   
PusatShrade

No, I think DeathKnight is perfect the way it already is.
DF AQW  Post #: 540
7/18/2015 23:40:37   
Ash

It's not as easy as you would think to copy animations over.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 541
7/19/2015 1:40:53   
  133spider

Has anyone ever noticed how scaled down the weapon sizes are?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 542
7/19/2015 15:08:10   
Alm Nullamors

I do like how using the DeathKnight's associated items actually buff the class even if it's only boosting one attack. Wouldn't want it for other future classes though, it feels restrictive.
While I do approve of this and how it does make that certain attack hit like a truck, I'd rather use items because I want to and not because I need to.
Makes me want a DeathKnight trinket that also uses this formula.

The Dark DragonLord Rises...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 543
7/19/2015 15:27:22   
Dragonknight315

Personally, I love the class as it is. It's incredibly powerful with many creative skills to combat the enemy. It FEELS like a DeathKnight, and that is the most important part. Though, not going to lie. If there is ever time, a trinket would be REALLY cool for this class.

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 7/19/2015 15:29:33 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 544
2/25/2017 6:31:27   
Keridan

Death Knight is possibly my favorite class after I finally decided to delve into it again. It's the right mix of offense and defense, making it hit like a truck while being able to recover if things go dire. There is the fact that, for a class that's supposed to be a mix of Paladin and Necromancer, Necromancer really overpowers the skills. I get it's supposed to be a corrupted Paladin, but some other skills to accentuate the past life as a holy warrior would be nice. But at the same time, thinking on it feels like it would be hard to really incorporate, so maybe it's best that Necromancer clearly shines through.

The only real weakness this class has is a lack of a mana heal ability. It's rather mana-heavy, so the fact there's no way to naturally recover your mana can make the long fights potentially dangerous, especially if either Miniphage or Protection Baby Dragon doesn't provoke the mana heal enough. You could make a rather heavy Wisdom build to compensate, but that also feels like a bit of a waste. I'd personally remove that skill that grows stronger with Death Knight equipment to replace with a mana recovery, something cool like a mana leech like Health has as well. But alas, I can't design the class, and plus some people would no doubt argue that removing that skill would kill a point of the Death Knight.

Overall though, amazing design and amazing skills make this a spectacular class.
AQ DF  Post #: 545
2/25/2017 17:25:20   
Lord Alsvinich

Wow, so evidently I am not the only one who loves this class

I would really love to see, the ability to turn the red eyes thing off. I really liked it to start with but then it got old... really old

also maybe a mana healing attack, or more necrotic abilities
Post #: 546
2/25/2017 17:34:51   
requiem.exe

I like the class. I don't like the makeup.
AQ DF  Post #: 547
2/25/2017 18:57:45   
HwarangxDxArcher

We had a lot of helms though
DF Epic  Post #: 548
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 22«<1819202122
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition