Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Reset Loses/wins For credits/varium?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Reset Loses/wins For credits/varium?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2013 19:32:46   
Greed Redemption

Hey everyone, This is my first suggestion so just bare with me. :p
What if we could add a reset wins/loses item? I know it's not really mayjor just thinking it would help others enjoy the game more?
Do a varium/credit option but I think it should be a high price in credits and low price in varium, Kinda like when you do class change

Varium Option= 2500 or 5000 to reset wins/loses

Credit Option=50,000 or 100,000 to reset wins/loses

Good Idea? Please post below to tell me what you think.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 8/8/2013 12:16:26 >
Epic  Post #: 1
8/7/2013 20:21:32   
Mother1

I can only support this idea if when you reset your losses your wins get reset as well.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/7/2013 20:30:53   
Greed Redemption

@Mother1, Yes I would allow that , but some players will want to keep their wins. maybe have two options?
Option 1: Reset loses/wins for a lower price Varium=300-500, Credits= 10000-15000
Option 2: Reset loses only would cost a very high amount, Varium= 1500-2000,Credits=20000-35000
Epic  Post #: 3
8/7/2013 21:12:42   
newtena

if you can change your gender your name class and looks then why not?
Post #: 4
8/7/2013 21:20:36   
Mother1

@ newtena

You can't change your gender in this game. In fact I remember the staff saying that gender change won't ever happen in this game.
Epic  Post #: 5
8/7/2013 21:24:06   
Greed Redemption

And yeah there is no gender change. No point in really needing that when you had the option to when you first created an acc, on the other hand I really hope you all like the idea of reset loses or reset loses/wins like I said before.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/7/2013 22:06:00   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Welcome to the forums! We're a pretty nice group of people that are willing to help others.

On topic:
This is a suggestion that I can never support. Heres why:

Back in the older days of Epic Duel I was a nonvarium. This took place back in 2010. Back in my day (Oh no, what am I saying) founder armor and beta weapons were being released. Because of this opportunity everyone was buying varium. Even the lower levels. Everybody who was anyone had founder armor except for Chosen.

I was young at the time too, so I couldn't make rational builds either. This led to 3,000 more loses than wins. I was in a rut. More often than not, I'd finally save up for a new weapon, and then sell a weapon to obtain it. This happened DOZENS of times.

What did I do to fix it? I NPC'd the heck out of things. For months and months thats all I did. Eventually I had the same number of wins as loses. That was a good day.

Now I have about 5k loses and 15k wins. Effort can fix anything.

Win ratios can be fixed.

__
Another reason why this shouldn't be added is because of the statistics for different classes and characters on the all time.

Characters on the all time are judged by the community by their position as well as their win ratio. If everyone had 100% then things wouldn't mean anything anymore. People who have spent years fixing their ratios would basically receive a giant, "Screw you!" by anyone who uses this.

For a low price of 15k credits and 1000 varium, you can bet that everyone would have 100% ratios constantly. If this WERE to come into game, and I don't think it's very likely, the prices would need to be ENORMOUS. Epic Duel is now a game where you can pay your way out or spend lots of time to get your way. The price for credits would need to be stupidly high (100,000) and varium would need to be irrationally high (5,000).

In conclusion, I believe that win/loss ratios define a player. I don't think being able to buy your way out of a mess you've made is good citizenship.

It devalues good players. What once was extremely good would be normal or bad. Players with 25k wins and 2k loses would be shamed.

That is all.

Enjoy your stay here new friend! And never give up on suggesting ideas!

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/7/2013 23:32:26   
Greed Redemption

Ah, thanks chosen I can understand that, and nice story.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 8/8/2013 2:06:53 >
Epic  Post #: 8
8/8/2013 0:36:08   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Yeah man, no problem.

I feel the need to tell everyone that te Zero is in 0ne, not chosen. Lol.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/8/2013 1:41:41   
classifiedname

id only support this if your wins reset as well, but i dont really see the point in doing it anyways
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/8/2013 1:57:45   
Greed Redemption

Sorry chosen, didn't mean to use the 0 in your name.

I assume it would be better to remove both wins/loses for a fresh start, but the point of this is really for the players who can't fix their ratios but really wish it was better.
So maybe wins/loses would be good?

Posts merged, please do not double post, use the edit button instead! ~ Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 8/8/2013 2:52:27 >
Epic  Post #: 11
8/8/2013 9:23:29   
Predator9657

quote:

I can only support this idea if when you reset your losses your wins get reset as well.

And make it expensive.
Epic  Post #: 12
8/8/2013 11:58:49   
Greed Redemption

Alright than a reset loss/win would work just fine and by expensive it would be a very high price just like what chosen said.

Credits Price=100,000

Varium Price= 5,000

Would that work out just fine?

Tell me what you think.
Epic  Post #: 13
8/8/2013 12:11:47   
Bloodpact

I can support only if it resets both wins/loses.
Epic  Post #: 14
8/8/2013 12:19:56   
Greed Redemption

I would not mind if it did that, So I edited my first post.
Is it too high of a price option? or good?
Tell me what you think.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 8/8/2013 12:29:36 >
Epic  Post #: 15
8/8/2013 22:02:57   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

If it resets wins AND loses then theres no way to tell if someone got to level 35 legitimately or not. This would bring new opportunities for hackers.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/9/2013 17:42:45   
  Exploding Penguin

I cannot support this at all. For build testing there are challenge fights and NPCs. There should be no reason why you should reset your ratios because they reflect your skill level. If something like this were to happen, it should have been a default for new phases like Omega because many Delta players were overpowering F2P players with no skill and just enhancement stats.
Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Reset Loses/wins For credits/varium?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition