Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 130 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 130 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2013 14:17:17   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I hope his name will be RevBeard and that he at least gets a pirate beard }:3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 676
9/4/2013 14:19:25   
The Stranger

I didn't submit my entry ... i'm still a rookie drawer .. but i'll use this time to make something reall good..
i always wanted an Energy legendary ..
Post #: 677
9/4/2013 14:19:45   
Beck

Haha that's an awesome idea! Don't mind if I borrow it at some point, Mr. Moose. Too bad all the Rev clones are derpy; it'd be cool to see Rev do a serious pirate.

@The stranger
That's what I said for the first contest. I wanted to wait til I got better before competing with the cool guys xD boy did I luck out this time since they didn't enter!

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 9/4/2013 14:21:42 >
AQW  Post #: 678
9/4/2013 14:25:35   
The Jop

@Beck
I don't need to be cool to WIN! HA! (But I am anyway)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 679
9/4/2013 14:28:19   
clintonian

i have this idea that if nulgath could release the different navals for friday the 13 with each representing different elements example: icy naval ice, blazing naval fire rotting naval water thoughts?

@below yea i guess people would rage lol

< Message edited by clintonian -- 9/4/2013 14:36:51 >
Post #: 680
9/4/2013 14:32:04   
Resk

@ Clint,

I think people would rage when he brought out 8 characters that were basically the same, or that OS had Navals that AQW didn't have.
AQW Epic  Post #: 681
9/4/2013 14:47:20   
Cyber doom5

as is said i meant no offense with my critique of the entries

brutus and jono?

were they the asylum characters?

@resk

that makes me mad that an entry that didnt even enter the art contest got to the finals

like i said though id vote for yours after blackshocks because ive had a similar idea for a chained angel

@megakyle

sorry if i offended you

but to make you feel better '

you deserved to be in the finals

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 682
9/4/2013 14:53:39   
The Jop

Yes, they're the asylum characters. Brutus is the freakish nurse, and Jono is the child in pajamas with a teddy bear.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 683
9/4/2013 14:56:26   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

As pretentious as this sounds, I do have a strong bias for my own entry. I've been practicing writing for a solid ten years, since I was tiny. I also have a strong bias for other entries, and as stated before, I don't understand how Asuka and Redingard's entries didn't make it in.

quote:

There were lots of gods and fallen heroes, yes. But if you mean to tell me that this http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rm668t is unoriginal, then I'm going to have to disagree. Asuka's was highly original and also extremely well written.

quote:

@Antithesis
Asuka's was the best angel entry I read in a long time. I thought he would be in the finals.

quote:

We better not speculate on why Asuka wasn't chosen. I don't want to offend Nulgath or the people whose entries were chosen. My main problem with the story was that there was no climax or conflict, just a story about a girl fighting unless there was some subtext I missed.

Thank you all for your very kind words. Seriously, it does mean a lot. But honestly I never had the intention of winning.

I repeat, I had never any intention on winning. At all. I wrote because I wanted to. I was never planning on writing to get a character in game.
And Mr Moose is right

quote:

The main reason Asuka didn't win is because Nulgath is already well aware of how people would react to that. There were already tweets on Twitter right after he entered along the lines of "Better not enter, Asuka's entering and he's a tester for OS." He has full right to win, but a good deal of people would have felt cheated because of his title, regardless of whether it helped him or not.

I saw this too often and then I felt bad because of it. I'd rather you all have a chance than myself :P Hope this helps clear things up. Just even a tad.

< Message edited by Asuka -- 9/4/2013 15:40:48 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 684
9/4/2013 14:59:10   
Cyber doom5

omgred i want the revenant

he looks epic
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 685
9/4/2013 15:05:51   
necro rouge

I just want Pony. or anything related to it. Asuka, please go for the win next time.
AQW  Post #: 686
9/4/2013 15:27:13   
The Stranger

Can someone give me some tips on a future character of mine ..? i need some tips on making fur on clothes
Post #: 687
9/4/2013 15:29:16   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Hmmm, fur on clothes?

You could always go for placing some on the collar, sleeves and anything else that goes along the trims.

quote:

I just want Pony. or anything related to it. Asuka, please go for the win next time.

.....I secretly do too.... <.< >.>
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 688
9/4/2013 15:30:42   
The Stranger

Asuka .. can you just draw a small piece of fur i really need an example ..pwease ..
Post #: 689
9/4/2013 15:32:59   
Cyber doom5

Hullo

http://web8.twitpic.com/csvdkf
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 690
9/4/2013 15:36:49   
The Stranger

Cyber Doom : Anomaly , anyone x D ? seriously that's the first thing i thought of.
Post #: 691
9/4/2013 16:24:39   
Redingard

I'm over the contest. Sorry for whining, and congrats to everyone that made it in. That should have been the very first thing I said instead of "I should be there". It was immature. While Nulgath based it off of ideas and originality, and I'm disregarding skill when I say this, I still think there were some better submissions. In the idea and originality department is great, that doesn't mean that they're the best. Just my two cents. Still, best wishes to those that made it to the polls.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 692
9/4/2013 16:34:12   
The Jop

@Red
That's very mature of you. For the record, I do think you deserved a place in the poll with all the work that was put into your entry.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 693
9/4/2013 16:48:57   
DeathGuard

People are criticizing entries about how only one or two were worth it, and saying they're sorry if they sound hard but do they really mean it?
I enter 1st and 2nd contest, then went to work on a character minority of people would like since most look for majority of tastes, not minority. Yes, Raynare is simple, but is her master form. Have the ones speaking of her being too simple at least look at legendary form? I didn't thought of uploading it if I didn't get into finals. I know many people think it is mainstream and that stuff, but it is one of my first times drawing some angel concept of my own.

quote:

WHAT THE HELL IS THE CONTEST ENTRYS THEY ALL SUCK I MEAN DID U CHOOSE THE UGLYIEST ONES ON PURPOSE?
Comments like this are sad to see. Did people ever think of how many time people spend thinking on ideas?
People telling me my entry sucks doesn't acknowledge I worked 6 hours in both pair of wings, artificial pair attached to dress, and real wings. After sacrificing time, when I'm in college and I barely have time, should I receive this type of sickening comments? Should I let my work be humiliated by such childish and foolish comments?
If you think the entries aren't that good, make a good entry yourselves. No need to say they got chosen for creative idea and not talent. That's hurting to most of the chosen finalists. While entries may have not been better in some cases, creativeness would have been the key to this selection(yes, indirectly saying other didn't have creativeness* it hurts right?*). I congratulate the finalists for such accomplishment.
Don't be ranting about how good your entry is if you didn't make it. Be proud when you make it to final selection. This wasn't bribe, luck or a miracle. This was a decision Nulgath made. That's a cruel reality and even if you don't want to believe it, it will be always the solution to all of the rants.

Also I'm happy this contest isn't a single side biased. Competing with Blackshock is fun, I may win or not, we will only know at the last moment. Even if my entry doesn't win, I will try next contest and give it my best. Yes, I will be sad if I lose because it was a close chance to get my char in-game but if it happens, there's always a good reason, maybe I can get a better character in-game next time.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 9/4/2013 17:01:20 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 694
9/4/2013 16:57:51   
The Stranger

Guys.. calm down.. let everyone have some cake.. there will probably be some more contests maybe i will enter the next one too..Lets be friendly and reasonable .
Post #: 695
9/4/2013 17:00:36   
Redingard

@The Stranger

...No one was being rude and/or irascible? Seriously, I just apologize for being stupid, then you say to calm done? What's up with that?

Anyways, I've had next to no time for OS. Ever since highschool started, I've been uber busy. I miss it. x_x
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 696
9/4/2013 17:01:54   
The Stranger

I wasn't reffering to you Redingard .. i had a more global meaning.. let's just wait for the winner : ]
Post #: 697
9/4/2013 17:03:57   
Ranloth
Banned

I don't think amount of work is relevant nor yours is any better if you spend on it working more than others. Something being "better" is very subjective, so you can't expect others to like it. Putting more time doesn't make it better either - sometimes rough sketch can be made in minutes yet look better than someone else's sketch that took an hour or two. Why? It depends on your skills.

Nulgath had a good way to pick the top 4 pieces for respectable categories, but it's not "better" because more time was put in it. In the long run, it will be re-created by Nulgath so the more detail you put, the more alike in-game version will be like.

Edit: To avoid misunderstanding: this isn't aimed at anyone. General comment in regards to the contest and how it works (and how the entries were chosen). Nulgath could've picked top 4 digital entries (if any) but picked ones that have potential instead, because something looking cool does not always translate to good suggestion + it gives everyone a chance.

< Message edited by Trans -- 9/4/2013 17:19:44 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 698
9/4/2013 17:08:12   
DeathGuard

I didn't said my entry was better because it had more work hours on it. My entry was more creative than others? Maybe it did, maybe it didn't but only Nulgath knows. Also, I said I wouldn't let someone diminish my entry when I worked really hard on it. Also, this isn't personal right Trans? Get a hold of yourself. Attacking me here is different that doing it in twitter. Continue and I will report you for harassing.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 9/4/2013 17:09:09 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 699
9/4/2013 17:11:08   
Redingard

@Trans

You're implying that people expect others to like their work because they put more time into it. I've yet to meet anyone who thinks like that. Any person can make a fantastic entry in 10 minutes. Just because you believe your entry is good and better than another person's, does not constitute you telling them to shush their mouth. People can be proud of their work, as they should. Everyone has the ability to think what they want, as long as they are sensible about it. And so far, everyone has at least come to their senses.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 9/4/2013 17:12:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 130 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition