Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 131 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 131 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/6/2013 19:38:49   
Redingard

@Mondez

You know everyone has their limits for patience, right? Because right now, mine's been worn out. At this point, for this particular issue, I'm gonna be a pretty unreasonable guy. It'll blow over in the next couple of hours. Just don't try to convince be that they're really busy until then. Not trying to be rude; I'm just really angry right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 76
9/6/2013 19:42:57   
Mondez

@Redingard
I have limitless patience because I have many things to do besides OS like my game design, character design, and some games I haven't completed.

I'll most likely hope on OS once in awhile, but so far I'm not fathomed or fazed by the lack of releases we have obtained so far. The AE community has been used to bi-weekly releases or constant releases for too long and I think we should not rush the team for trying hard to adapt to the new fad which is mobile gaming.

Just calm down and relax because once you know it we'll be getting our releases again.

*Edit for Everyone
The thing is that this project is needed, why? The whole market is going towards mobile gaming and AE is falling behind on the times unless they do it. OS will be getting its mobile version soon enough. Don't assume it's dying because the whole company is trying to transition into something new because it's not.

A lot of you guys that complain about not getting releases have been too used to the daily weekly releases. We were lucky to have biweekly, but the reason why development was halted was because of this huge transition to mobile gaming. You want releases, but what OS needs for everyone to do is chill out and give some consideration to the overall theme. It's not just about Oversoul or us, but to cater a growing crowd because if AE doesn't then they will die out then what?

AE wants the community to grow in every single aspect, but there are players that want progress in every certain gaming aspect and the thing is they cannot cater to every single players demands. You guys cannot have your cake and eat it. You cannot grow a seed by drowning it in a puddle. Everything is progress that AE is right now trying to achieve and once this transition is over then OS will have 80% attention and the features will be implemented in time.

@below
AE will suffer financially because if you don't know it mobile gaming has been increasing for the years it has been out and it continues to grow. Many developers have started towards to mobile and they have seen an increase of demand for mobile gaming so it's essential for a small - medium game company such as this to try to reach out to mobile gaming so the community can grow more than what it already is.

Patience is the key to virtue. I am the most laid back person on earth and I can wait as long as it takes until a release is out. Be lucky because some updates take more than a year with some MMOs. This delay is maybe a month or two, but that is nothing and I do mean NOTHING. Some of you guys need to stop freaking out over a small delay that is ESSENTIAL to OS in the future meaning the mobile version will essentially have no lag at all.

People like Megakyle have terrible and I mean terrible computers to run OS so mobile can help them out. Don't tell me there are apps like Puffin or Photon because it is not the same thing as a game client. Mobiles run on their own servers and require an individual line of coding and is a lot more stable compared to Flash.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 9/6/2013 21:29:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
9/6/2013 21:18:41   
Antithesis

How is it even possible that AE is suffering financially? Or am I getting the wrong implication from that?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
9/6/2013 21:27:12   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@anti They're not suffering financially, but they will be if they don't go mobile. More and more people are getting iDevices and things that don't use Flash. What good is AE, a primarily Flash based gaming company, in a world full of Anti-Flash devices?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
9/6/2013 21:31:35   
Cyberbeast10

Honestly, I'm more worried about the content of the releases than their actual time, although I would prefer that, if they don't plan on releasing, they inform us beforehand. Saves people a lot of disappointment.

In truth, Oversoul is long overdue for some interesting mechanics. I am quite disappointed that Oversoul's releases have been majorly characters (cause we clearly don't have enough). By that, I mean New characters. It has already been shown that multiple evolutions are possible (seeing as Trainee already does that), so why are we getting new characters instead of getting more evolutions? Lots of characters are getting left behind because these new characters are affected by power creep and the old characters aren't getting many evolutions that are on par with those.

The only other half of Oversoul's releases have been CC, but the system is just beginning (and finished with its first standard cycle), there is still a lot of potential in it, although I will take this time to announce my hate for that atrocious 15000 gold cost, at least for now. I don't like how this game is taking a bad grinding approach. Game is way too stale with its releases that no release is hardly a problem.
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
9/6/2013 21:37:20   
inshal1000

I'm thinking maybe, since this was supposed to be release week, they decided to skip this week.
Why?
Because maybe OS will do something for TLAPD?
They won't do two releases in two weeks.
MQ AQW  Post #: 81
9/6/2013 21:37:23   
Mondez

@Cyberbeast
I do agree on that the gameplay has been very stale especially during the bi-weekly release when we were promised meatier releases, but instead were given seasonal card pack rotations which wasn't bad except even with that is causing some stagnation to gameplay. I suspect the coders were too busy with Omni to try and work with new coding for OS except for the card packs in which was already coded and provided by Rolith.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
9/7/2013 6:40:44   
necro rouge

You know, I would accept it if they said "we are putting OS on a xxx week hiatus, do not excpect updates during this time". The usual minimum information possible approach is NOT good in this scenario.
AQW  Post #: 83
9/7/2013 6:52:04   
megakyle777

...Err, they did say that. They said OS was on a hiatus until Project Ommi was done. Have patience my friends.
DF  Post #: 84
9/7/2013 9:43:29   
DarkLore

Considering project Omni could take up to a month or more, (Just speculation.) Nulgath would really have to go all-out for the release following after. Knowing him, he probably would. Maybe not though. With him and the other OS staff (except Rev.) working on project Omni, he'd have to scramble to get things ready in a short period of time.
Hard to believe OS was my favorite AE game. But with the game only focusing on CC, SG-pricing madness, and very meager gold and xp rewards, I don't see much going for it anymore. The game also had a slight PTW curve that happened due to having to sustain the game itself on micro-transactions. X-boosts also became a war between paying and non-paying players. x-boosts were basically a spit in player's faces who couldn't afford them. Thus causing them great anger that farming for them could take ages, while paying players could stack 20 lifetime boosts and just breeze their way past the economy problem involving low gold rewards. Personally I've gladly purchased SG's twice. Once for FK and the second for extra chaarcters and VR. When Nulgath does come around with a new release after OS's hiatus, he should think about all of this. Maybe even talk it over with his staff. The game is already very good. (For being in beta.) Sadly I truly hope OS doesn't stay in beta for too long. (I'm looking at you HS!) If it did, Nulgath may lose the only profit he has from his game. In my opinion even HS has far more substance than OS does currently. HS isn't even out of beta either! Not for about 2-3 years! I only fear this could happen to OS because the staff team is about the same size as HS's staff team. Good luck Nulgath!

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/7/2013 9:49:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
9/7/2013 9:58:29   
Livingtime

HS only has more substance because they actually have leaderboards, a fair amount of quests and dedicated PVP locations.
Micro-transactions have always been a 'spit-in-the-face' to free players. I mean, look at ED. I think it's pretty fair though, people are actually PAYING for the continuity of the game.
I feel a big release coming soon, maybe not the next release but something will happen within the next few I think
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
9/7/2013 10:30:51   
Redingard

I think some of you are forgetting HS has been out of Beta Testing for quite some time. OS doesn't even have half of the updates Nulgath said there would be. You can't expect a Beta game to compare to other AE games, and of course there are going to be problems like a "P2W curve" (which doesn't exist in this game). Just sit tight and wait. Complaining sure won't do anything.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 87
9/7/2013 11:16:40   
The Jop

@Red
Paying to get 7 times the gold and experience of regular players sounds like pay to win, considering there's not much more to the game. That also makes it much easier to buy card packs which let you add cards with increased damages and defenses which puts more of a gap between players. You get 200 gold on average on a level 20 character when you're playing for free, and you can imagine that many regular players aren't even doing that considering the time it takes, so 15,000 gold is quite high for what could be very lousy cards. You don't necessarily get the best characters for Soul Gems, but the amount of card customization you can do with 7 times the gold and experience (which gets you to higher levels faster/more gold faster) of a regular player gives every Soul Gem user's character a formidable edge.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see some 500 attacks, an energize, a supercharged and/or storm, a meteorite, one or two fire whirls, and one or two incinerates on blackshock's Mana Guardian.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/7/2013 12:01:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
9/7/2013 12:11:18   
Redingard

@The Jop

Faster grinding=/=winning over Non-SG Players
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 89
9/7/2013 12:20:45   
The Jop

@Red
It does give you the chance to get to higher levels and buy the best cards though, with Soul Gems that guarantee a high ranking card or with some of the thousands of bonus gold from X-Boosts. I didn't really mention the level though since all that gives you currently is more health, and free players can get at least one 20 level character if they really try. Getting 7 times the normal amount of gold is what seems broken to me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
9/7/2013 12:38:10   
Redingard

@The Jop

One can easily get enough gold to get all the cards in a pack, if you farm enough. Even without SGs or X-Boosts, it's very possible. The game isn't broken; it merely gives you incentives to pay.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 91
9/7/2013 12:46:56   
The Jop

@Red
Of course anyone can get gold, but when you can do it seven times faster you have a huge advantage over those who can't. It takes a day of solid farming to get something like 10,000 gold, I've found, and in a treasure chest room at high levels. Imagine how many hours it would take for a free player to get the gold for all the cards in a whole card series. It's not as if access to more powerful cards you can add to decks is restricted to those with a lot of Soul Gems, but being able to get so much more gold quickly to buy those packs still puts them at quite an advantage. Soul Gem packs also guarantee a high ranking card, which is a case where you can just use money to get the best cards.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/7/2013 12:53:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
9/7/2013 13:04:58   
Redingard

I don't see your point. Levels mean almost nothing in this game, and a few extra shields or attacks can guarantee a win, even against higher leveled opponents. Just because you can farm faster doesn't mean you play better.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 93
9/7/2013 13:22:41   
The Jop

@Red
The point I was trying to make this whole time is that with the extra gold they get from X-Boosts and can use to buy the best cards, Soul Gem users have a large advantage. I even said
quote:

I didn't really mention the level though since all that gives you currently is more health, and free players can get at least one 20 level character if they really try.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
9/7/2013 13:50:44   
Beck

Gotta say, there's a definite advantage to Soul Gems, especially the life time boosts. I maxed out on boosts back in March, and I gotta say, there's no way I'd have as many level 20's as I do without them. Not only do they make the leveling go faster, they make them seem actually not impossible xD

Let's take this hiatus from updates to get some characters trained up, so that by the time the updates start again, we'll all be super pro at this game :)
AQW  Post #: 95
9/7/2013 13:55:35   
Mondez

Even with 20 Exp boosts, leveling takes a very long time, but usually when there's a character I really want to level to 20 then I max out my temp boost slots with the 7 day boosts.

At the moment there are no characters really worth leveling for me so I might just wait until we get a release.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
9/7/2013 15:55:30   
DarkLore

I beg to differ redingard. I don't blame you for not knowing that. HS doesn't have much playability lately. Its an honest mistake.

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/7/2013 15:57:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
9/7/2013 15:58:37   
Hakunin

Actually

#1 just the 20 perma-X-boost lowers the time 1 to 20 lvling to third. With an ok-offensive character this means from 20 hours grinding it gets 6 hours. This means even on a workday if you grind hard you can get a brand new char to lvl 20 if you really want to.
The 20 hours under sane circumstances takes 1 whole week of serious playing w/o X-boost.

Investing into temp-boosts simply not worth it if you want at least 1 char per element to 20, or plan to play the game after the demo.

#2 Let's take a look on the CC-prices.
100K gold is 1 whole month's salary under sane circumstances with SERIOUS playing (playing 2-3 hours every day 7 days a week).

So 15K gold doesn1t come easy.

Let's say you are unbelievably lucky, and get new cards each time. To get a COMPLETE CC this way you'll need 12 deck (12 cards per series, 5 card you gain per deck, 5 card you need for completion from each card). This says 12*15K = 195K gold.

Of course you don't want all that, but the useable cards have very low chance to get.

Taking all that, w/o boost we can estimate 2-3 months hard grinding per series to get what you want/need to be able to compete someone who is let's say fully boosted, what means gains an extra 600% gold (and exp).

I say hm.
AQ  Post #: 98
9/7/2013 16:34:13   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

P2W is paying actual money to get a physical advantage over someone in the terms of better gear or characters. OS is mainly a shortcut based payment method, like ED. You can either farm hard and get everything for free, or buy SGs and get things faster. This is the exact same situation in EpicDuel. You either farm the credits for gear, or you buy varium instead.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
9/7/2013 16:47:21   
DarkLore

Which is why I don't like epicduel anymore. As crazy as it sounds, ED and OS could have profited more by having actual memberships. OS having one could have been incredibly problamatic though. If it worked like AQWorlds and HS, you'd be locked out of characters that were member only.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 131 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition