Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Triple Threat?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Triple Threat?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/15/2013 11:28:11   
Caspyin

So they have a daily champion for 1v1, 2v2, and jugg, in all forms, personal/faction/all time.

So I was thinking... why not a triple threat daily champion?

The one who can get the most 1v1 AND 2v2 AND jugg wins in a single day, or for faction, and for all time.

Obviously there would have to be increased weighting on the slower games like jugg and 2v2. With 2v2 having the greatest weight since it is overall slower than jugg.

For example (purely just an example these numbers aren't tested or even close).

1v1 = 1 win

1v2 (jugg) = 2.1 wins

2v2 = 2.9 wins

However there would ALSO be a slight twist. BONUS points for whoever keeps the 3 categories the closest.

For example (also just purely suggestive, numbers are not accurate or tested).

Player 1:
1v1: 8 wins
2v2: 1 wins
Jugg: 1 wins
Bonus: 0 wins
Totaly: 10 wins

Player 2:
1v1: 5 wins
2v2: 2 wins
Jugg: 3 wins
Bonus: 5 wins
Total: 15 wins

Player 3:
1v1: 4 Wins
2v2: 3 wins
Jugg: 3 wins
Bonus: 8 wins
Total: 18 wins

Thoughts? Suggestions? Yay/nae?

Thanks,

-Caspyin

< Message edited by Caspyin -- 9/15/2013 11:31:56 >
Post #: 1
9/15/2013 11:39:03   
Cyber Dream

Ok, I just skimmed through this. Didnt really read it but couldn't someone just 1v1 all day? it would still be the same. How about this, why not make all the matches count. For example; the player with the most wins all-around will win the daily. So each catagory will be counted at the end of the day. You might apply what i just said about someone doing 1v1 all day to this but im not suggesting what you are. The player with the most 1v1 2v2 and jugg wins at the end of the day will win. EXAMPLE:

Player 1:
1v1:2
2v2:2
jugg:2

Player 2:
1v1:500:
2v2:2
jugg:0

Player 1 wins daily because he has the most all around wins. Understand?
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/15/2013 12:44:20   
Mother1

An interesting idea, however at the same time this should be in the suggestion part of the site instead of balance.
Epic  Post #: 3
9/15/2013 13:57:12   
Caspyin

Except, to be a threat to the triple threat, you have to absolutely HAVE a balanced build. A build that can withstand 1v1, 2v2, and jugg. Simultaneously.......

Unless of course you want to spend the unimaginable amount of credits rebuilding to have the optimum build between the 3 over and over and over and over and over and over again...... and over again.

Hence why it is in the balanced thread. Cause only the most BALANCED of builds can achieve this idea.

Thank you,

-Caspyin

< Message edited by Caspyin -- 9/15/2013 14:01:27 >
Post #: 4
9/15/2013 15:25:24   
  Exploding Penguin

So, this just sounds like whoever gets the most wins from any battle mode?

If that's the case, then the winner would always be the 1v1 winner since 1v1s are typically much faster. If not, it would probably be overly confusing, especially for newer players.
Epic  Post #: 5
9/15/2013 16:18:26   
Caspyin

Epic Penguin,

Good sir, I would ask of you, and I would also ask of the other good sir, "Cyber Dream," to instead fully read all that I posted in the original thread. If so, you would clearly see that the abuse which you think is capable of is taken care of and already solved for. Though I don't have the exact formula or equation for doing so, THATwas exactly what I was asking for input on. I don't have the time or energy to test for the exact weight on which category should be placed against with Jugg and 2v2 vice 1v1; However, I'm sure there have been many who have already done so, to include the ED design team. So I was merely suggesting the idea (to which I have no idea if it has been previously suggested) so that maybe it could be a considered as a NEW yet seriously sought after goal/achievement daily.

Thank you and have glorious day,

-Caspyin

Post #: 6
9/15/2013 20:46:42   
Cyber Dream

@Penguin I miss you bro lol, did you even read what i put?? Wouldnt that cancel out your theory
quote:

o, this just sounds like whoever gets the most wins from any battle mode?

If that's the case, then the winner would always be the 1v1 winner since 1v1s are typically much faster. If not, it would probably be overly confusing, especially for newer players.

And i kinda do think this belongs in the balance thread. This will bring in more all-around builds, just think about it. So there might be a confusion in moving this thread. But yea this could bring in more balanced builds since you are going to be playing all the game modes

Posts merged. Please use the edit button to add content to your last post. Double posting is considered spam. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 9/16/2013 1:01:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/15/2013 21:01:49   
Mother1

@ Cyber

While it does deal with all around builds, he was also suggesting a new feature to the game battle system so while it does work with balance it is also a suggestion to help improve the game so in a sense we are both right.

@ Caspyin

While I like the idea myself, until all the battle modes are more balanced this idea wouldn't work out too well.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 9/15/2013 21:02:03 >
Epic  Post #: 8
9/15/2013 21:46:13   
  Exploding Penguin

Sorry, normally I skim the first post and figure out those holes I missed based off of most of the replies.

So what you're trying to do is generate something of a "point" system where different amounts of points are awarded based off of the battle type won? Aside from the bonus point thing for keeping the 3 categories similar, this seems like an influence leaderboard that's slightly modified in terms of points.
Epic  Post #: 9
9/15/2013 22:31:29   
Dual Thrusters

I'd love to see the crazy builds that come out of this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/16/2013 18:06:56   
Bloodpact

I like it, and I personally always make builds made for everything so this would be perfect for me! :]
Epic  Post #: 11
9/16/2013 19:00:29   
GearzHeadz

Yes... This may make people create builds that aren't as glass cannon, but strong enough to hit hard, yet durable enough to last.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/17/2013 6:09:48   
Cyber Dream

Personally, I wouldn't agree with caspyin's point system suggestion when there is a more simple complex way to do this just as i explained.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/17/2013 23:07:08   
Caspyin

Cyber, I see your point as well.

I think a combination between the two would work best. Perhaps a bracketed range system.

Of the 3 categories, if your highest and your lowest aren't within (purely for example) 20 games, then you have literally 0 points in the Triple Threat Daily Champion.

For Example:

Player 1:
1v1: 40 Wins
2v2: 40 Wins
Jugg: 0 Wins
Bonus: 0 Wins
Total: 0 Wins

Player 2:
Jugg: 20 Wins
Bonus: 0 Wins
Total: 60 Wins

(But still add my idea, the bonus for keeping the 3 categories the closest)

Player 3:
Jugg: 40 Wins
Bonus: +20 Wins (Bonus being maxed for max equality)
Total: 100 wins

The bracketed range could and should be varied for the most equality between the 3 categories. Whatever that magic number is, I can't say for certain.

But ... since this is purely a daily champion type category we're talking about, this wouldn't take a lot of changes or additions or complications to the game overall. The ED design team can easily write this type of coding, they do far more complexities than this. This could be very plausible yet also add a whole new addition to this game for players to strive for.

Show some more support if you like this idea!

:-D

-Caspyin
Post #: 14
9/18/2013 21:46:55   
Cyber Dream

so what would be the point of the bonus?
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/18/2013 22:55:42   
  Exploding Penguin

I think the entire matter itself has become too complicated to implement in an easy and fluid way, especially since many newer players would be extremely confused by the mechanics of this leaderboard option.
Epic  Post #: 16
9/19/2013 16:50:02   
Cyber Dream

Why would new players even consider anything having to do with the leader board if they don't even know how to play the game? We were all new players at one point and we didn't fully understand stuff.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/19/2013 21:01:04   
  Exploding Penguin

But you should have within the first couple of hours?

I mean, where would they explain the triple threat? The leaderboards are fairly self-explanatory and so are the skills and skill trees, and there are tutorials for the more complex or less self-explanatory stuff.
Epic  Post #: 18
9/29/2013 14:59:05   
toopygoo

so why dont they add a button for this gameplay, which randomizes the battle types you join, therefore you cannot change builds between battle types. you should have a balanced build which can withstand this type of diversity.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
9/29/2013 15:06:06   
Mother1

@ Toopygoo

If that was the case then people wouldn't have complained when focus builds (which are suppose to be the balanced build) was raining supreme. The point I am trying to make is most people only want what is in and is winning and last I saw most balanced builds fall flat on their faces.

Especially in 1 vs 1 and in Juggernaut.
Epic  Post #: 20
9/29/2013 15:20:41   
toopygoo

@ mother1

precisely. its not meant to be easy. you dont want people farming up all day long, casue they have time. you want skiled players to undertake this challenge, with equipment set for any type of battle. this would develop a different level of thinking and also break up the monotony of pure strength builds.

and i didnt say "stat-balance" i meant a build balanced between all three types of battle type.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Triple Threat?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition