Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mercenary's stactic smash

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mercenary's stactic smash
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/18/2013 1:39:53   
Orgaroth

Why not make it a passive with less gain? Or giving bunker more cooldown maybe.

I know they made that to balance things since mercenary were quite weak but now they're just too overpowered.

For example the leaderboards are full of mercenarys,1v1,2v2,jugg,mercenarys everywhere.
Post #: 1
9/18/2013 2:41:25   
Ranloth
Banned

1) No balance changes will be made to any class until passives are dealt with.
2) Nerfing Bunker because...? What if I don't use Smash? Just got nerfed!
3) They cannot have yet another passive - do you think about available stat points? Refer to #1 too, because there won't be passives anymore.
4) LeaderBoards are not a subject to balance. Builds there are fast-killing ones. These do NOT show which class is better or worse.
5) Easy strategy is to deplete your EP as soon as possible, then SS is useless.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
9/18/2013 8:14:56   
Jekyll

For Merc, their energy is your energy. Just remember that and use it against them.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/18/2013 16:03:18   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

Indeed, as all other people has said, use up all your energy as soon as possible, even if you're a TLM or TM with reroute, just use whatever you can as soon as you get enough energy to do so. Really no need for a nerf bunker or static.
Post #: 4
9/18/2013 22:57:48   
  Exploding Penguin

What I normally do to combat these kind of builds is just burn my energy, even if there's literally no point in it. For example, I'd rather use level 1 plasma grenade with no shadow arts than let the enemy merc spend a turn to take 16 energy from me.

And mercs are still surprisingly underpowered, even with the addition of static smash. In many matchups, and particularly against people who somewhat know what they're doing, only an extremely skilled veteran player could correctly use merc to be on par with the more simplistic and abundant builds that are currently in-game such as BM strength and those severe debuff classes like focus tech BH and glass cannon TM.
Epic  Post #: 5
9/19/2013 23:03:28   
lionblades

quote:

And mercs are still surprisingly underpowered

Actually, mercs are one of the best classes for 2vs2 with their bunker static tank build or as a support abuse build.
AQW  Post #: 6
9/20/2013 0:14:26   
GearzHeadz

Merc is one of the strongest classes in-game... Don't know why you're saying its underpowered.
I feel static smash should cost rage or hp, in a small amount. Its just too good of a skill to be free.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/20/2013 0:19:07   
Mother1

@ gearheadz

It already has downsides. It doesn't give rage (unless it is blocked) it does no damage, and the skill isn't 100% granteed like EMP or Assimalate. Adding more downsides to this move on top of the downsides there are already with this move isn't a good idea.
Epic  Post #: 8
9/20/2013 0:32:26   
GearzHeadz

Its an energy steal/drain, I don't think any of them do... (does assimilate?) Assimilate is also the only one that deals damage. It takes a LOT of energy if it hits. Way more than assimilate.
All I'm suggesting is it having a cost like the other moves.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/20/2013 0:46:59   
Mother1

@ Gearheadz

Assimalate does have that same relationship with the only differences being the following.

1 due to the numbers being fixed the effect will always go through and give that number meaning the effect is unstoppable
2 Assimalate does damage while static smash doesn't
3 Energy drain wise Static smash steals more energy
4 Static smash gives no rage unless it is blocked.

Also Assimalate doesn't have an energy cost. It never had one before. All energy gain moves, or gain and drain moves never had a cost. It was only the energy drain moves that cost mana.
Epic  Post #: 10
9/20/2013 0:53:57   
GearzHeadz

I still feel a small cost is justifiable. You stick to your guns, I'll stick to mine.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
9/20/2013 9:30:46   
Seteriel

quote:

All I'm suggesting is it having a cost like the other moves.

Something like "X% of energy converted as casting cost" ?

I'd agree with Mother1: atom smasher is blockable. Also, only at very high skill levels it actually steals considerable amounts of energy.
Building in a cost is too much. Also, what happens if merc has no energy/rage ? Making the skill unusable then seems evil.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/20/2013 12:13:53   
  Exploding Penguin

Think of it this way: If you're playing against someone who knows what they're doing, you're probably at best going to use static smash twice, normally only once. Is a high skill point investment really worth putting into a skill you're only going to use once? Also, with the addition of static smash having extremely limited uses, mercs also cannot counter debuffs, leaving them extremely vulnerable.

I will, however, admit it's a great class in 2v2.
Epic  Post #: 13
9/20/2013 22:37:42   
ValkyrieKnight

Mercs are only strong against a Blood mage, that's what I've gathered so far.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
9/20/2013 23:24:38   
Dual Thrusters

^
Isn't that just because of intimidate.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/21/2013 12:25:56   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Mercs are only strong against a Blood mage, that's what I've gathered so far.

If you really want to beat a BM, you have to know how they play. BMs who are smart will most likely burn off all their energy in the first few turns against a merc to prevent the merc from gaining loads of energy. After that, a merc with a field medic would still stand no chance to a BM with no energy. A merc's only option against common strength BM builds these days is to abuse lower levels of intimidate (let's say around level 4 or so, because that's my personal favorite for intimidate), but doing so will normally end up in an endgame where both players lose all their energy, with probably only a minor HP difference. At this point a BM would almost always win an endgame where both players don't have energy left and their HP is fairly similar.
Epic  Post #: 16
9/21/2013 21:31:06   
GearzHeadz

@Seteriel
quote:

Something like "X% of energy converted as casting cost" ?

I'd agree with Mother1: atom smasher is blockable. Also, only at very high skill levels it actually steals considerable amounts of energy.
Building in a cost is too much. Also, what happens if merc has no energy/rage ? Making the skill unusable then seems evil.

I said a small amount from health/rage, not energy. The most cost for health would be like 5 health. The most for rage would be about 10% of rage. Not that much.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/21/2013 23:23:33   
ValkyrieKnight

The main issue I have with BMs so far is that almost 100% of them have that stupid chairman's fury ( the ones that beat me to be more specific ) that thing is cheap as all hell.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/22/2013 23:47:49   
GearzHeadz

I feel static smash should have a cost too. Somewhat similar to blood commander. My balanced would be:
Levels-Cost
1-1Hp
2-1Hp
3-2Hp
4-2Hp
5-3Hp
6-3Hp
7-4Hp
8-4Hp
9-5Hp
10-5Hp
OR
Levels-Cost
1-1% rage
2-2% rage
3-3% rage
4-4% rage
5-5% rage
6-6% rage
7-7% rage
8-8% rage
9-9% rage
10-10% rage

I feel these are pretty mild costs, and would be acceptable, considering the amount of energy you can drain. And even if the skill doesn't work, the merc would STILL get something out of it, rage points.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
9/23/2013 0:03:20   
  Exploding Penguin

Compare the current static smash to assim, which people don't really call OP anymore (rough estimates for sake of saving time):

Assimilation:
-Same cooldown as static smash
-Removes around half of the energy static smash does
-Returns about 2/3 the energy static smash does
-0 loss in energy, costs no energy to use
-Deals weakened damage, but deals damage nonetheless and gives rage

Static Smash:
-Same cooldown as assimilation
-Removes a good amount of energy, typically around 30-35, but possibly more
-Returns only a portion of the energy burned, approximately 2/3 (depends on skill point investment)
-A loss in total energy, thus stopping this skill from being abusable as a heal/skill loop (skill loops refer to abused tanking buffs against certain opponents, as well as abused low levels of skills such as EMP, cheap shot (with infernal interdictor most notably), defense matrix, bludgeon, low levels of intimidate, etc...)
-Deals no damage and gives no rage

Seems pretty equal to assimilation to me. Actually, assim seems somewhat better overall, but that's my personal opinion. However, looking at it statistically, it seems about the same.
Epic  Post #: 20
9/23/2013 0:20:30   
GearzHeadz

^ Even if its missed, it still gains/drains some energy AND will give rage points.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
9/23/2013 1:41:10   
RageSoul

quote:

it still gains/drains some energy AND will give rage points.

No it doesn't .
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
9/23/2013 16:51:30   
GearzHeadz

^Yes it does, if static smash misses, it gives a small amount of energy and will give the merc rage points.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/23/2013 19:22:31   
  Exploding Penguin

@gearz. If assim is blocked/missed as you put it, it will drain the same amount, meaning only a damage reduction. Proceed with any other counter arguments.
Epic  Post #: 24
9/23/2013 20:37:58   
GearzHeadz

^I'm not talking about assimilation.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mercenary's stactic smash
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition