Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mercenary's stactic smash

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Mercenary's stactic smash
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/23/2013 22:44:41   
  Exploding Penguin

I am using assimilation as a model because it has somewhat similar attributes to static smash but is not considered by the forum community as OP, from what I've seen on the balance subforum.
Epic  Post #: 26
9/26/2013 1:02:07   
rayniedays56

quote:

5) Easy strategy is to deplete your EP as soon as possible, then SS is useless.

Yes, that would SEEM to help, but as SS has absolutely NO cost on anything, imagine a class that constantly gains EP. A TLM and a TM stand a small chance against a mercenary with static smash, with the only viable builds seeming to be strength, support, or a hybrid of both.

I can say that with experience it takes luck for me to beat a Static Smash mercenary build with my Tactical Mercenary. I drain my EP as fast as I can, but I cannot help the amount of EP I gain from them attacking. If they need just 5+ EP, and I have 9, which I cannot use unless I use atom smasher, then hey? That EP is theirs.

My point is that there needs to be SOME cost or balance change with this skill. Right now, I can agree with others that while it was a good idea, to say, it has given the mercs too much of an advantage.

As this is a Static Smash thread, I will NOT mention Assimilation.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/26/2013 6:27:39   
DarkDevil

TM or TLM should use bludegon/ double strike ASAP , a merc won't take less than 20 energy unless you had exactly what he needs like 10 energy left to do X move , then he would waste a turn doing so.
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
9/26/2013 7:56:07   
GearzHeadz

Usually mercs take around 35 energy with their static smash when I face them.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
9/26/2013 10:49:15   
Mother1

@ raynie

And that is when you you use your energy drain cores on them in that situation. Unless you have weapons that already have active cores locked on them, you can add them to your weapon. Especially with the side arm since the only active core for that weapon you can put on is an energy drain one.

But on another note all energy gainers have no energy cost be it they generate energy like static charge, or drain energy and give you back the energy like static smash or assimilation.
Epic  Post #: 30
9/26/2013 11:21:34   
Orgaroth

You can see just by reading those posts that,beating mercenary now requires strategy and luck,what about TLM? it seems to be the only class undernerfed,the TLM used to rely on the 5 focus build before they nerfed it,now they give mercenary the stactic smash which is kinda OP in my opinion,not all classes need to have a energy gain,if blood mage had it? If BH had it? If making stactic passive isnt possible then just give it a cost at least because mercenarys doesnt even need a strategy just bunker-stactic-bunker and then you lost.

Bludgeon has lower chance to hit due to his high damage and low energy cost and stactic steals energy while taking off alot of yours also it has low cooldown and no cost.

Also i forgot to mention,i doubt Epic duel is getting any money without balancing some stuff,because,seriously who spend varium or credits to switch class on omega like people did on delta?They just get mercenary and poof,you're ruling everyone with a simple and non-creative build.

< Message edited by Orgaroth -- 9/26/2013 11:24:26 >
Post #: 31
9/26/2013 13:13:30   
ED Divine Darkness

wow... this merc aint op! the op class is friggin bm! ok, so you say merc is op? then ur tactics are wrong. i normally start. if you have frost, use it. if not, smoke. if they start, generate after bunker. then they smash. then u emp. now since i hav 1 smoke, i can use it. then the fun begins ( i own them) they heal. i get another smoke on them. rage=GG
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
9/26/2013 16:40:48   
Ranloth
Banned

You can't tell someone x class isn't overpowered but y class is. I disagree BMs are overpowered and think Mercs are fine. You can't tell someone their opinion is wrong. Subjective balance is what causes imbalance in the first place.
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
9/26/2013 17:12:27   
lionblades

well when I was a tlm mercs were always beating me but now that I am a BH
I hardly ever lose to a merc since a EMP will kill them
AQW  Post #: 34
9/26/2013 19:50:25   
Orgaroth

Well,try to think this way, Atom smasher + Assimilation = Stactic smash,you guys say, "oh it already have its downsides" but if you think twice you'll see that its ALOT more OP than you think,it requires no stats which allows you to make the build your way,also stactic having atom smasher's effect and assimilation it does take energy from your enemy quite easy same way atom does and draining energy like assimilation but way more stronger.Have you even heard about a skill that have dual effect like stactic? Seriously stactic does alot for no cost,also,not to mention that the chance to block stactic is like 1 of 4 fights.
Post #: 35
9/26/2013 20:12:01   
Bloodpact

Once they buff the he** out of mercs they can nerf static smash lol. Already has 2 passives that both require support
(the craptastic stat),one of those passives being 80% useless. Talk about buffing before you talk about nerfing. I will
say they are plenty decent in 2v2 at least.
Epic  Post #: 36
9/26/2013 20:27:15   
Orgaroth

Buffing then nerfing?? Mercs are already OP on 2v2 i bet when you first saw the bunker spam build you didint think twice before you copy it didint you? Also mercs need no more buff since stactic gave they more advantage than they were meant to have.
Post #: 37
9/26/2013 20:39:40   
Dual Thrusters

Static Smash is the only skill that makes Mercenaries look strong. Take it away, and this class turns into a useless piece of junk. A class shouldn't need to rely on a single skill to put up a fight.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
9/26/2013 20:42:44   
Orgaroth

Fake.Mercenary still have the classic support build.Btw i'm not talking about removing it,just giving it more penaltys,warmups or at least a cost.
Post #: 39
9/26/2013 20:52:44   
Ranloth
Banned

That's why they're suggesting a buff too. If you nerf a skill which is pretty much a must have and allows them to compete, you should give them an advantage in other area that would give some variety and not be abuseable. It's a simple concept.

Also, don't treat balance as something that's subjective. Having balance be mostly relying on opinions must come to an end, because players will always have biased opinions towards their class or someone they can't beat, and skills that aren't overpowered will end up getting nerfed because they are too common (recently, it's Bludgeon).
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
9/26/2013 20:53:49   
Dual Thrusters

Energy draining moves or shield will annihilate support builds. And anyway I was just stating how reliant Mercenary is with Static Smash.

The only wrong thing I find about this skill is, like you said, it lacks a requirement.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
9/26/2013 21:10:20   
Orgaroth

Well,first of all we need to know where to nerf on stactic,which kind of requirement will be fair for merc and the other classes.
And i dont know why buff merc they do rely on stactic alot but stactic basicaly has no fair requirements for other classes,0 cost,regular chance to hit etc...

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Mercenary's stactic smash
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition