Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Shield > Debuff

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Shield > Debuff
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/20/2013 0:28:27   
huuduy1

Shield advantage : huge of shield, low mana cost
Disadvantage : Miss 1 turn

Debuff advantage : Decrease block/deflect opponent
Disadvantage : cost lots of mana

P/s : Can discuss to nerf shield. It seem to be OP in last few patch for BM and BH ( both shield and both debuff )
Epic  Post #: 1
9/20/2013 0:40:44   
Mother1

You are missing some things.

Debuffs also give you rage, and do damage to compensate their high energy cost. You gain even more rage if they are blocked.

Buffs are stronger, last longer, and cost less than debuffs because they don't do damage, don't give rage and you use a turn to put them up to compensate.
Epic  Post #: 2
9/20/2013 0:49:26   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Shields also don't provide any stats so Defense Matrix may reduce more damage, but you're going to be missing more and blocking less.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/20/2013 1:02:32   
Dual Thrusters

@ND

Well shields do give noticeably more defenses than technician and reflex boost.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/20/2013 1:37:00   
GearzHeadz

I think I'd need to see the actual increase relationship of shields and their stat before I made my judgment.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/20/2013 5:59:48   
huuduy1

For example
Malfunction level 6 ( 23 mana ) with 46 supports it decreases 31 tech ~ 6 RESISTANCE
However with level 1 energy shield ( 11 mana ) with 46 supports it gives 11 resistance
SUGGESTION : LESS 2 shield per level and increase base mana 5 mana
REASON : Play less abusing shield ( with this amount of mana they only able to use 2 at the times and use other spell if they need too and opponent can deal a bit of damage against them ) Game duration will be less than 2-3 turns. And class such as TM, BM and BH are strong if the game keep on going late

I'm doing english second language so please ignore my grammar :P
Epic  Post #: 6
9/20/2013 6:51:37   
Ranloth
Banned

Buffers: give you +stat boost, reduce x effect (blocks/deflections), empower your skills
Shields: give you +defence, nothing else

That's why Shields are stronger. You get pure defence, not +stat boost which has many other effects on top of it. There's nothing wrong with them, at all. It was never a problem. Besides, this massive boost in defence gives you much faster rage as well - it averages out.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
9/20/2013 19:27:55   
lionblades

well shields arent going to be very useful next year because of Azraels Torment unless the devs can think of something creative satisfying both sides of players: those who bought package because for its OP advantage or those who didnt since it will be available next year
AQW  Post #: 8
9/26/2013 21:47:56   
RodregoZ

agreed i think that the shield is way to overpowered.
Post #: 9
9/29/2013 9:23:17   
kosmo

shields have been a big problem untill the end of delta, but one of the purprose of omega was to nerf all of those counter builds that wore a little bit too effective in many situation.
the introdution of all of theese skill cores indirectly nerfed shields, because u are now able to use a big variety of both energy and phisical attaks making shield effective only on debuffs.
but still i agree to a general nerf of the skills in game, like energy drains, debuffs AND BUFFS, this to compensate to the wrong and hardly balanceble hp sistem
Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Shield > Debuff
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition