Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2v2 going afk

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2v2 going afk
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/21/2013 17:04:43   
NavigatorNami

We need a way to stop people from clicking the 2v2 button and then immediately going afk and missing the entire match. My idea is not perfect by any means but it's a good starting suggestion. if someone else has a better idea feel free to post it here and I will update this post to include your suggestions.

My suggestion: when you click the 2v2 it won't start looking for a matchup until you click and hold a button in the center of the screen, if you let go of the mouse button then it removes you from the queue until you press it again. this way they have to stay at their computer and holding the mouse button in order to get into the battle.

my suggestion 2: if you don't choose a skill then it should auto attack the person who has the least hp. I would even support the auto attack being only 85% of their attack power. Mother1 improved this suggestion by suggesting a skip button that allows you to skip your turn

< Message edited by NavigatorNami -- 9/21/2013 18:33:26 >
Post #: 1
9/21/2013 17:18:35   
Mother1

While it is a nice idea it won't stop AFK players. A person could be easily called right away from the keyboard when the match starts (which does happen in real life) or many other real life scenario's happening that pulls us away from the computer.

So while I can't say I don't support this idea, I am saying it won't stop people from just leaving in many cases.
Epic  Post #: 2
9/21/2013 17:19:14   
Dual Thrusters

Hey, not a bad suggestion! The players might still go afk on the enemy's turn, but it will at least limit the amount of those people.

Supported.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/21/2013 17:19:51   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm sorry, but what stops them from going AFK during the battle? I know this is really awful example, but few days ago, I've had to go AFK during the match because a parcel has arrived and I had to sign it. It wasn't intentionally but I had to pick - game or something I've ordered - and ended up going AFK.

Also, do you know how much coding it'd require or if it's even possible? You're making a new feature on the matchmaking screen AND it has power to kick you if you don't put your mouse over the specified area and affect other players' queues. It'd make the search times longer. Not just because I may be AFK, but multi-tasking, such as switching tabs and focusing on something else - especially in 2v2, where search times can be long at times.

Lastly, they've pressed 2v2 button for a reason. They want to fight but it could be their internet connection, laggy PC (or both), or something unexpected popping up. If you see someone do it repeatedly, report them since it's making the game unfair and possibly aiding ____ alignment due to going AFK, not mentioning unfair battles. Otherwise, not supported.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
9/21/2013 17:52:17   
NavigatorNami

I do get your point Trans, and as I said this is no fix all solution, tho I have come up with another idea and that would be that if a person doesn't pick an attack then they automatically strike whoever has the lowest hp. this way at least their unfortunate partner has some help instead of being 1 v 2 against people just as strong as they are.

I know there are situations that could call you away from the computer but it seems as though half of the people i end up with at times are afk. usually it's only for 1 turn but sometimes it's for the entire battle. I even found 1 guy who was actually there and chatting but he refused to make a move, then asked me to heal him when he was almost dead (though this is an entirely different situation from the OP so kind of off topic).
Post #: 5
9/21/2013 17:55:45   
Mother1

To your new Idea not supported. There are times people skip On purpose to for tactical reasons Such as avoid triggering reroute or saving their rage for their most powerful skill, and this idea would destroy tactics. Sometimes a skip can make the difference between your opponent heal or not healing, getting atom smashed or not Etc.
Epic  Post #: 6
9/21/2013 18:03:58   
NavigatorNami

i would prefer that to having an afk partner
Post #: 7
9/21/2013 18:21:45   
Mother1

I could only agree with that if there was a skip button. Until that come into play I can't support something that is in reality another form of azreal's will.
Epic  Post #: 8
9/21/2013 18:34:02   
NavigatorNami

suggestion modified, skip button is a good idea
Post #: 9
9/21/2013 20:12:21   
  Exploding Penguin

I would support an auto-strike at the minimum with a skip button for those who intentionally skip to work around reroute, thorns, and other such effects.
Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2v2 going afk
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition