Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/21/2015 18:23:05   
crabpeople

Another revamp yay!!!! Well I gotta mess around with this class before I praise/complain about it .

I'll just leave you this (no pun intended):

Thyton: "We shall bring the logs you desire to Valencia. After one months time she will bring them to you"

Edit: I like how pirate still has the steal skill from the rogue branch. I remember being a new player and stacking tons of potions (although the intention was getting some extra gold for the doom weapons).

Edit 2: Now I think about it... Maybe Valencia is the real troll XD.

Edit 3: When are you going to deliver the skill breakdown Ash? Monday?

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/21/2015 18:33:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
3/21/2015 18:30:33   
ninnin90

quote:

The class won't get a passive since Ninja didn't get one

Fair enough, I also was not aware that 'Backstab' hit on each individual miss, that actually makes it really strong in my opinion, strong enough that I'm not sure I would want it replaced with a party buff..
If any skill were to be removed for something like that, maybe I would remove the 'Pistol' skill since the class doesn't really have any mechanics that synergize with DoTs and 'Fury' doesn't seem to buff it's DoT?

Edit: Maybe the 'Pistol' skill would be better if other skills like 'Plank', 'Avast!', or 'Target' had the secondary effects of buffing the DoT of 'Pistol' a little bit, like you can hit a more vital point since the enemy is distracted/off balance/your aim is better?

< Message edited by ninnin90 -- 3/21/2015 18:41:01 >
AQ DF  Post #: 27
3/21/2015 18:35:50   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

I can look into making it buff guests instead and totally remove the reflect effect. Pet's I'm honestly not sure of mainly because they're setup in a weird self-contained way that may cause issues if I poke too much.

For the party buff, couldn't it just add like 9001 CHA or something?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: 9001 was the joke. A more reasonable number would probably be around double your level or something.

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 3/21/2015 18:56:36 >
DF AQW  Post #: 28
3/21/2015 18:37:14   
Frost Moglin

To get both guests and pets affected, wouldn't a CHA boost work pretty well if it's possible?
@ErosionSeeker: 9001 CHA boost would make Pirate THE most powerful class. EVER. Except mayby Dragonrider.

< Message edited by Frost Moglin -- 3/21/2015 18:42:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
3/21/2015 18:39:01   
god of chaos

@TheErosionSeeker: With the new CHA mechanics you do realize that would be insane(ly satisfying) right?
Post #: 30
3/21/2015 18:59:27   
DarkLore

Hey Ash. Are we getting matching pirate gear in a shop like ninja did? All the pirate gear is outdated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/21/2015 19:01:01   
The Jop

Eventually, but ninjas won the war so they get it first.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/21/2015 19:02:43   
DarkLore

Ninja already got their gear a month or two ago actually.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/21/2015 19:03:51   
Ash

quote:

For the party buff, couldn't it just add like 9001 CHA or something?

Cha only affects damage. I'd want to make it all encompassing with something like a BtH increase along with a possible Crit chance increase. Something that would be of maximum benefit for anyone to use but better for Cha users as it's a benefit on top of the straight damage.

quote:

Hey Ash. Are we getting matching pirate gear in a shop like ninja did? All the pirate gear is outdated.

I'll have a weapon or two ready for when this goes live and I'll see about getting a cape and helm that matches done as well. No promises since only the weapon is really normal for these but I'll see what I can quickly pull together.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/21/2015 19:04:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
3/21/2015 19:04:36   
GreenGuy23

Is the revamp preview supposed to not have skills avilable if you didn't train the original? Cuz I only have access to Attack! and it's kinda aggravating cuz I wanted to test it :/

*sigh* back from a break (left around February or so?), been a while.
Forgive my ignorance of recent events, please.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
3/21/2015 19:06:35   
Ash

Yes, it's to give you a feel between the old and the new so you can flip back and forth if you want and see what changed. It's also a way for people who had the original trained to let me know if they thought a better version of an older skill would have been more appropriate, like how I buffed up Plunder to always work.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/21/2015 19:07:00   
DarkLore

Just do what you did with ninja. Bring back the old talk like a pirate day hats. I hate the fact that dread pirate mask was gone before I knew it. Plus we need higher tiers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/21/2015 19:56:42   
Andyrew

The revamp has made the class a lot better and the skills make it quite a strong class going up against stronger enemies.

seems pretty fun to use.
DF AQW  Post #: 38
3/21/2015 22:06:23   
Puma

Only have the left side so far (god bless those 18 room Cleaning House runs), but the right side looks to be promising. This might be my new warring class. Honestly pretty fun to use.
Post #: 39
3/21/2015 22:07:35   
The Jop

@Darklore
Yeah, I know, I'm just saying they get it first.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
3/21/2015 22:18:22   
Branl

So the Pirate class will basically be a beastmaster supporter class?
...Me likey.
On the other hand I wish we could boost our pet's BTH. Granted the Cat pets and the Undead ChickenCow (Which I was lucky enough to pick up the level 60 version for) still do insane amounts of damage, I just wish they were a bit more accurate.
AQ DF  Post #: 41
3/21/2015 22:34:44   
Ash

Kind of off topic but that's part of the item update when I get to pets. They'll have level appropriate BtH.

As for making it a beastmaster class....not really sure on doing that yet, especially if it's only based on one skill. I'm waiting on a few more opinions before I start changing skills around too much. Beastmaster would be more fitting for like a Druid or..you know...an actual BeastMaster class though. (That's not confirmation that those are coming, that's me pointing out what class would be more appropriate for that if they were ever made. No plans atm)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
3/21/2015 22:46:00   
Branl

@Ash I know this is off topic as well, but is there any chance the Undead ChickenCow can be upgradable to level 80 via the black market?
And that's fine, but as the game is right now having a dedicated Beastmaster class will take tons of work, given that there are no Beastmaster Npcs and the class doesn't exist in any shape or form.
I meant a Beastermaster supporter class more as to give nice little bonuses to players with that build, not the class being only based around that build.

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/21/2015 22:47:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 43
3/21/2015 23:19:13   
Neliux

This class is.. a lot of fun actually, I'm currently enjoying using it quite a bit, I have no complaints whatsoever, it achieves what it sets out to do.

< Message edited by Neliux -- 3/21/2015 23:23:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
3/22/2015 10:16:57   
Azan

It's really fun to use! I probably won't use it often for RP reasons, but it's quite an enjoyable class.

What I love most is the Plunder skill. Looks like you can buff your potions up to 4 HP and 4 MP (after that I didn't get potions anymore, only gold and stolen parts of armor). That's fun since it allows us to farm for potions in Sneevil Treefort or something like that, then switch classes and go do a really challenging quest/boss that requires lots of healing. Since, y'know, with the WIS nerf, mana potions are not that helpful anymore, it's good to have 4 of them instead of just 2.

The Backstab/Shield/Parrot combination really gives you great damage and great defence at the same time. I'm not sure Backstab should be changed to a Beastmaster skill, better to save that kind of skill for an actual Beastmaster-themed class if it ever comes to life.

< Message edited by Azan -- 3/22/2015 10:17:39 >
Post #: 45
3/22/2015 10:27:53   
crabpeople

Well I tested it out a little bit. The class is fun and his animations are smooth like the ninja class. The playstyle feels like a combination of technomancer and ninja to me. I still have to run more tests and see the skill damage values. But I have to state a couple of things I didn't like at the moment.

-The class has problems with cooldowns. Seriously. You'll find yourself with little options at battles that take 10 turns or more. Maybe a rewind skill like technomancer would be a little overpowered but the cooldowns need a serious look.

-While the class has good burst damage making it strong at short battles (+boost skill, crit and cannon). It falls short at mid-long battles because it has no other damage skills. Only effect ones. It would be good to have a spamable damage skill to synergize with his powerboost skill. Like technomancer that has the +30 boost skill and mana grenades (while it has a medium cd, it can be rewinded). Also I feel that the crit skill is very weak and has a high cooldown compared to other t2 classes. I think it's a 300% skill if I'm not wrong and I think it should be atleast as strong as ninja crit (a bit more because I think pirate is more offensive oriented).

Edit. I'm with Azan, I don't see pirate being a good beastmaster class compared to ninja or techno. So I'm against the idea of changing a skill for a BM "friendly" skill.

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/22/2015 10:33:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
3/22/2015 10:28:34   
Branl

@Azan
It wouldn't be a Beastmaster skill though. It would be a skill that has the extra effect of giving a bonus to pets.

@CrabPeople Yeah, you're definitely right about that, I was a bit shocked when I was testing the armor in Voltabolt's challenge and I found myself with only Multi to use at times.

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/22/2015 10:30:35 >
AQ DF  Post #: 47
3/22/2015 10:52:46   
Ash

The crit skill is exactly the same as Ninja's damage wise but I can mess with it a bit since there may be rounding errors dropping the damage. The cooldown is also the same as Ninja's since it's doing the same damage (Once I check to make sure it's rounding properly) so I'm not messing with that one.

I'll look at fiddling with some of the other cooldowns to see about keeping a few skills up. I might take the DoT off of Pistol and make that the class' "spam" skill instead since as someone mentioned a DoT might not mesh well with the other effects.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
3/22/2015 11:04:40   
DarkLore

Hey Ash. Any chance of us getting higher tiers of Dread Pirate Mask? Seems wrong the class doesn't have a non-rare variant.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
3/22/2015 11:06:36   
Ash

When I get to the point where I'm making the items I'll see. I'm still on getting the skills adjusted at the moment.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition